• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed - Any other music players to recommend?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My iPod is almost 6 years old and I shudder to think the day might come when it stops working.

I really liked the portability of the iPod but I hate iTunes. I have thousands of songs in it which were uploaded from several machines over the years. If the storage conks out I'll lose all my precious songs :eek: It'll take me months to import songs from my CD collection. And of course I'll lose those songs which I obtained from non-CD sources.

I'm intending to do a "great migration" of songs from iPod to an external storage as back up .. and probably upgrade my iPod to another player.

How are the other offerings from Sony or Samsung? Or even Creative :eek:? Anyone using non-Apple music players and recommend them?

Please share. Thanks!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now no people use Ipod. All use handphone.
To play MP3/song only use other brand which is smaller easy for sport/jogging.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If space is important...oni Cowon X7 (120/160gb) can match Ipod Classic 6/7 (160Gb) size...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now no people use Ipod. All use handphone.
To play MP3/song only use other brand which is smaller easy for sport/jogging.

Thanks but I don't want to use handphone to listen to music because I tend to change phones every couple of years ... A pure music player is the best for me.. no need wifi connectivity or video functions..

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wow.. the thing looks like a buffalo cart ley..

U mus say wat u want...mem size, sound quality or physical size...u wont b able to find all in 1...eg...for absolute sound quality...nothing beat Ibasso DX100...It cost SGD11xx, size of elephant...short batt life(6-8 hrs becoz there is a full build in amp)...but wait till u hear de sound...:biggrin::biggrin:

Can oso chk out new Sony Z series...reasonable small in size...above avg sound...but set back with oni 32Gb...

Or Cowon J3...dis 1 beat the shit out of any Apple in sq dept anyday...(my Ipod Classic oni manage to sound slightly better with external amp)

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U mus say wat u want...mem size, sound quality or physical size...u wont b able to find all in 1...

Thanks but no Zune!! :biggrin:

I guess I'm looking for something like the classic iPod. Portability, storage cap and user interface is important. I will get an external stereo to play at home.. I don't need connectivity or video functions...

Just wondering if there are any good substitutes out there after 10 years of Apple dominance...

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My iPod is almost 6 years old and I shudder to think the day might come when it stops working.

I really liked the portability of the iPod but I hate iTunes. I have thousands of songs in it which were uploaded from several machines over the years. If the storage conks out I'll lose all my precious songs :eek: It'll take me months to import songs from my CD collection. And of course I'll lose those songs which I obtained from non-CD sources.

I'm intending to do a "great migration" of songs from iPod to an external storage as back up .. and probably upgrade my iPod to another player.

How are the other offerings from Sony or Samsung? Or even Creative :eek:? Anyone using non-Apple music players and recommend them?

Please share. Thanks!

There are softwares that copies the songs to your pc. Google ipod copy

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks but no Zune!! :biggrin:

I guess I'm looking for something like the classic iPod. Portability, storage cap and user interface is important. I will get an external stereo to play at home.. I don't need connectivity or video functions...

Just wondering if there are any good substitutes out there after 10 years of Apple dominance...

Go for Ipod Classic then...moi oso using a Ipod Classic...High Mem capacity...reasonable price at 3xx...not de smallest but still reasonable size...throw in a good lod and amp to make it sound good(optional)...or remove the amp on days u want to travel light...:biggrin::biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are softwares that copies the songs to your pc. Google ipod copy

Yes thanks.. I absolutely HATE apple itunes for being such a petty minded application.

Those songs ARE MINE!! I paid for them so I should be able to fucking make as many copies as I want!!! :mad:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go for Ipod Classic then...moi oso using a Ipod Classic...High Mem capacity...reasonable price at 3xx...not de smallest but still reasonable size...throw in a good lod and amp to make it sound good(optional)...or remove the amp on days u want to travel light...:biggrin::biggrin:

sigh ............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Please share. Thanks!

iriver still around ?

a friend let me compare his iriver to ipod and the iriver sounded far more natural and musical................

Darth Vader

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why do u need portable music players when u can just store them in your portable storage drive? Plug and play on your PC and blast your neighbors to outer space. What? Portable head phone music? You are suppose to be alert and concentrate while u are outdoors!

Last edited:

Darth Vader

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Cool

hygww.jpg

Not cool

headphones_main_image.gif

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why do u need portable music players when u can just store them in your portable storage drive? Plug and play on your PC and blast your neighbors to hell. What? Portable head phone music? You are suppose to be alert and concentrate while u are outdoors!

aiyah................audiophiles are like that one mah.................i knew a guy that actually had a $3000+ audio system + 60'' TV.....................in his BATHROOM.....................

another fella spent over 2000 on his portable music............... ipod+headamp+headphones.................

Darth Vader

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
aiyah................audiophiles are like that one mah.................i knew a guy that actually had a $3000+ audio system + 60'' TV.....................in his BATHROOM.....................

another fella spent over 2000 on his portable music............... ipod+headamp+headphones.................

Cheap method to sound proof your room.

3-250x250.jpg