• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ACS (I) head quits

M

Mdm Tang

Principal ‘behaved inappropriately’ towards me: teacher
By Faris – October 5th, 2010

A male teacher says he has evidence that Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) principal, Dr Ong Teck Chin, “behaved inappropriately” towards him.

According to The Straits Times, the teacher said he had e-mail, text messages and recordings to back up his claim.

The teacher in question is believed to be in his 30s and has been a biology teacher with the school for more than three years.

But late last year, his teaching load was reduced and a new position was created for him so he could work more closely with Dr Ong more in the capacity of a “personal aide”.

ACS (I) principal Dr Ong, who is married with three children, stepped down over the weekend after 16 successful years in charge, prompting many to question his sudden decision.

Two ACS boards — the board of governors as well as the board of management — are now investigating the teacher’s claims.

When queried on the incident, Dr Ong would only say that it’s the right time for him to step down.

He told The Straits Times, “I have been wanting to step down for a while. Do you know I had a bypass? Two years ago.”

He went on to add, “I have done a lot for ACS and I want to move on. Do you know I am past my retirement age? I am 61 years old. It is time I took it easy.”

Asked to comment on the ongoing investigation, he said,”Ask the ACS board. I don’t want to respond to any allegations.”

While some ACS (I) teachers have been informed of Dr Ong’s decision to step down, they were also told not to communicate with the media.

But the timing of his resignation – which comes four weeks before the end of the school year — has puzzled teachers, students and parents, since it comes in the midst of the students’ final-year examinations.

Madam E Chua, 54, a housewife whose son graduated from the IB programme last year, said the news saddened her.

She told The New Paper, “I’ll always remember Dr Ong for pioneering the IB programme in Singapore.”

One of Dr Ong’s greatest contributions was starting the Integrated Programme where students bypass the GCE O levels and graduate with an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma at the end of six years.

ACS (I) was the first and only school in Singapore to offer the IB diploma.

He was also instrumental in helping ACS (I) – one of the first schools- to attain the Education Ministry’s pinnacle award, the School Excellence Award, in 2004.

The appointment of Dr Ong as principal of ACS (I) was itself deemed controversial, as he was a former student of rival school, Raffles Institution.

Dr Ong first graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1972 with an honours degree in chemistry.

In 1975, under a Rhodes Scholarship, he went on to further his studies at the University of Oxford. Upon his return to Singapore, he became a physiology lecturer at the faculty of medicine at NUS.

He held dual positions as lecturer at NUS and vice-principal in ACS (I) from 1988 till 1994, when he was appointed principal of the school.

M

Mdm Tang

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_587687.html

Oct 7, 2010

Ex-ACS (I) principal hospitalised

Dr Ong Teck Chin in NUH after complaining of breathlessness

By Jane Ng

Dr Ong has a history of heart problems. -- BT FILE PHOTO

TWO days after news broke about the unexpected resignation of Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) principal Ong Teck Chin and a complaint lodged against him, more drama played out at the school yesterday.

At about 7am, an ambulance was seen racing to the ACS boarding house in Dover Road, where Dr Ong, 61, is residential warden.

Before hundreds of students who were walking into the school or being dropped off in cars by their parents, he was seen being wheeled out of the building where he lives, in a wheelchair and into an ambulance.

He was taken to the National University Hospital (NUH) where he was warded for breathlessness.

The Straits Times understands that his condition is stable.

At morning assembly a while later, a school vice-principal announced that Dr Ong had complained of breathlessness and numbness.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I did, I told them off when I bumped into them at the mall, they insisted that did not like how the discipline master conveyed the message to his son. I told them this "they are not your staff, they dont work for you".

I said to them, why dont they transfer their kid to RI or ACS, I am sure they would find many of those kids there that comes from similar stature in society as themselves...

You know something? They actually fucking tried but the schools (RI / ACS / Catholic High la and some other big fuck school) told them to fuck off politely, so they lan lan..

Why you bother to educate them? Shitty parents bring up shitty kids to be shitty adults in future.

Next time when their kid's army officer or company boss scold the kid, the parents try going to the camp or company and screw the officer or boss lor!!

:mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks bro , on the surface of it ... Sound like very

simillar to ANWAR's case ... :eek:

It was reported in the papers, that the accused have chest pains & is breathless, and was admited to hospital.

Funny, I noticed while they are collecting good pay, benefits they never have to go hospital in an ambulance or quit to pursue othe interests or move on or.....

:o

M

Mdm Tang

bro may i know how many school principals

in singapore actually bunk in at the school hostel ...:eek:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wonder what would turn a straight married man gay. Was he gay to begin with, was it the wife that caused him to flip, being in powerful position, or being around young men?

R

redlightmeansgo

Lots of them living in the closet, and many hold impt positions.

The wife and kids are just tools to help them move up the ranks of society

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wonder what would turn a straight married man gay. Was he gay to begin with, was it the wife that caused him to flip, being in powerful position, or being around young men?

He is obviously gay all this while but bowed to societal pressures to marry and be "normal".

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was this the same Dr Ong who years ago was also investigated for 'inappropriate behaviour' with a student at ACS (I)?

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gays are a threat to human race, they will soon prey on innocent people at some point of their life despite all the sugar coated reasoning they like to give. There are more than enough case studies published in the papers to support my claim. PAP is praised for containing these behaviour.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was this the same Dr Ong who years ago was also investigated for 'inappropriate behaviour' with a student at ACS (I)?

It's ACS (Barker). Looks like the most anti-gay school and religion is a breeding ground for closeted gays and predatory pedophiles.

ACS principal leaves post in a hurry.
By Sandra Davie.
474 words
15 May 2002
Straits Times

Ex-student's mum made police report against head

THE principal of Anglo-Chinese School (Barker Road), Mr Ng Eng Chin, has left abruptly after nine years to take up a post at the Education Ministry headquarters.

After he did not return to school on Monday, the ACS Board of Governors issued a statement to parents, mentioning that the mother of a former ACS student had made a police report against him. Board chairman Tan Wah Thong did not say what the report was about, but The Straits Times learnt that Mr Ng was accused of molest.

Mr Tan said the police had carried out investigations and given a report to the Education Ministry.

He added that a "full inquiry" would be conducted, but did not say by whom.

He said the board, which oversees the five ACS schools here, was notified by the ministry and Mr Ng of the principal's new posting, effective Monday.

Meanwhile, Anglo-Chinese (Junior) principal Peter Tan is doubling as head of the Barker Road school.

The police confirmed that a report was made on Oct 3 but said there was "no substantive evidence to establish a criminal offence".

It was learnt that the mother who complained had alleged Mr Ng held her son's hand, gave him a peck on the neck and hugged him during three counselling sessions in April and May last year.

The boy, now 16, was convicted by the juvenile court last October for theft and assault and put on probation.

In a statement yesterday, the ministry noted that Mr Ng was employed by an aided school and added: "The Ministry understands that investigations have been completed. It is at present following developments on the case and will take whatever action may be necessary."

When contacted, Mr Ng, 43, referred to the police investigations and said: "There was no evidence of wrongdoing on my part."

He is married and has two grown-up children.

An old ACS boy himself, he taught mathematics for nine years at his alma mater before becoming principal of ACS (Barker Road) in 1994.

Mr Tan described him as a "good and competent principal with a kind heart" and said the board was praying for him and his family.

Six members of the ACS community interviewed have spoken up for him. Businesswoman Irene Chan, said it was thanks to Mr Ng's patient counselling that her son overcame emotional and psychological problems.

The boy is now serving full-time national service and planning to go to university in Australia.

Mr Daniel Lim, 43, executive director of an investment holding company and a former classmate, said: "I have known him for 25 years and all he has ever shown is dedication and care for the young people under his charge."

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gays are a threat to human race, they will soon prey on innocent people at some point of their life despite all the sugar coated reasoning they like to give. There are more than enough case studies published in the papers to support my claim. PAP is praised for containing these behaviour.

It's not gays that are the problem, it's closeted gays who pretend to be what they are not. Hypocritical repressed gays. Those who hate their own sexuality will often end up screwing their lives. If society is accepts gays more readily, this hypocrite principal would have just found a partner and settle down instead of living his whole life as a tragic lie.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not gays that are the problem, it's closeted gays who pretend to be what they are not. Hypocritical repressed gays. Those who hate their own sexuality will often end up screwing their lives. If society is accepts gays more readily, this hypocrite principal would have just found a partner and settle down instead of living his whole life as a tragic lie.

Gays, like serial killers and other social and biological deviants, should be isolated from normal society. They should be rounded up and shipped to an off shore island for everyone's good.