• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The closest decent beach to Bangkok is Bangsaen about an hour south east if Bangkok in Chonburi province and about 45mins before Pattaya. Now having dinner in s beach side restaurant Relax.

Its a beautiful night warm but windy. Not just enjoying the food but the music too.

[video=youtube;Eg9Yrr1BcXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg9Yrr1BcXI[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
joety, the fried rice looks good.. what is that in the coconut?

Fried rice with salted fish

Coconut shell dish is hor-mok-talay its Thai version of our otah but its packed with chunks of seafood.

Im still here enjoying the music. Uploading a music video now its very slow.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fried rice with salted fish

Coconut shell dish is hor-mok-talay its Thai version of our otah but its packed with chunks of seafood.

Im still here enjoying the music. Uploading a music video now its very slow.

yup, the music sounds nice and relax.. quite romantic too.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just back to the hotel. Had a great time in the restaurant. A customer went up the stage to sing a pop song for his girlfriend's birthday then surprised her with a marriage proposal in front of everyone, his girlfriend was with her family. What a romantic guy. Many ladies were reduced to tears with this romantic gesture. Here's a nice duet that took me so long to upload.

Enjoy

[video=youtube;Jq58foxESyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq58foxESyc[/video]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
closest decent beach to Bangkok is Bangsaen ..beach side restaurant Relax.
Did you stay at the only (big) resort Tide Resort a short hop away? Did Bangsaen 2X awhile back, and stayed at Tide once (think it's over-rated). Popular getaway for local thais, but the beach stretch is not great for skinny dipping :p. There's a TWD off the beach, nearby too

tide.jpgtide2.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Relax restaurant is a little further from Bangsaen beach in a very private corner of Bangsaen. My hotel is Sammut Resort like 500m from the restaurant. Its not a really nice hotel, old but I think the interior just renovated recently but the view is fantastic. No frills hotel I must say and since its just one night and now we're all off on the road again.

Did you stay at the only (big) resort Tide Resort a short hop away? Did Bangsaen 2X awhile back, and stayed at Tide once (think it's over-rated). Popular getaway for local thais, but the beach stretch is not great for skinny dipping :p. There's a TWD off the beach, nearby too

View attachment 10052View attachment 10053

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Relax restaurant is a little further from Bangsaen beach in a very private corner of Bangsaen. My hotel is Sammut Resort like 500m from the restaurant...the view is fantastic. No frills hotel ..just one night and now we're all off on the road again.
I did a local seafood joint, off some hillside and alongside the waterfront. Best of all, price was el cheapo... and typical attentive service, minus corkage charge for scotch bottle :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I did a local seafood joint, off some hillside and alongside the waterfront. Best of all, price was el cheapo... and typical attentive service, minus corkage charge for scotch bottle :p

This I know a few shops next to each other opposite hill and chinese temple further up many wild irritating monkeys. Yes cheap cheap ordered steamed flower crabs in kilos. Shiok shiok.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Enjoying a bottle of yeh rah man (germany beer) while watching the world goes by.

20130428_173105_zps7623b5e9.jpg

alcohol content 5.4%. verdict? aroi mak.
20130428_173125_zpsb774f660.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro gam siah mak mak. any recommendations what to do with the fresh one in the freezer? deep fried? steam?:*:

Ya keep in freezer, bring out to deepfry then thum into pieces mix with minced pork or just eat whole with khao-tum.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Surprise surprise. My Thai maid today made Indonesian begedil

The mix

The fry

The spread

Taste? Very good. I love the stiffness and crunchiness of the very thin skin (egg white) and the very soft inside. Parsley and fried mash fish makes the whole begedil smells really good. Wish I had soto or mee rebus to go with it.

Last edited: