• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
joety, you really have a very capable maid..

Yes very capable indeed, once a while will surprise us with new dishes, not just Thai, she learn from the internet. Of course were the lab mice testers. Next time you come if have chance can get her to make some vege dishes for you with authentic moobaan somtam.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes very capable indeed, once a while will surprise us with new dishes, not just Thai, she learn from the internet. Of course were the lab mice testers. Next time you come if have chance can get her to make some vege dishes for you with authentic moobaan somtam.

advanced thanks....:smile::smile::smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surprise surprise. My Thai maid today made Indonesian begedil

The mix

The fry

The spread

Taste? Very good. I love the stiffness and crunchiness of the very thin skin (egg white) and the very soft inside. Parsley and fried mash fish makes the whole begedil smells really good. Wish I had soto or mee rebus to go with it.

thinking of doing mee rebus. anyone got recipe or not? only know main ingredient is potato and peanut.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Walan eh dun have lah. Maybe alamak has. :biggrin: I only know how to eat nia.

hehehe. then u like me lah. but i better. got try. sometimes outcome can, sometimes outcome like shit. hehehe. guess have to balek kampong to eat rebus liaoz. unless our friend maid in bkk can do rebus. :smile:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
tony, where u eat this maggi mee prata? sg or thai? the gravy looks like peanut gravy (those that are used in indian rojak)

joeyts and chonburi, can advise which hotel in BKK and Patt that has a good spread of buffet breakfast? prefer those types that has a cheese counter too.. heehee..

once eaten the breakfast buffet at empress hotel at patt walking street. item wise, still alright.. but i want those that has lots of items to choose from..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Late dinner tonight, it's 9.30pm now, so having something light tonight.

A nice bottle of 2005 reserve sangiovese, really nice

rps20130429_210554.jpg

rps20130429_210740.jpg

Ordered only a starter and a cold cut. Am pretty impressed with the starter for two

rps20130429_205814.jpg

Center is Italian sausage with rocket, bottim is foie gras, left mussels, top is raw tuna with pomelo, right parma ham.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tony, where u eat this maggi mee prata? sg or thai? the gravy looks like peanut gravy (those that are used in indian rojak)

joeyts and chonburi, can advise which hotel in BKK and Patt that has a good spread of buffet breakfast? prefer those types that has a cheese counter too.. heehee..

once eaten the breakfast buffet at empress hotel at patt walking street. item wise, still alright.. but i want those that has lots of items to choose from..

Hi bro Dietcoke,

The Maggie mee prata is from sg.. A place called Mr Prata at bukit timah, beside wine company. ( yes, there is another Wine Company beside Demphsey)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi bro Dietcoke,

The Maggie mee prata is from sg.. A place called Mr Prata at bukit timah, beside wine company. ( yes, there is another Wine Company beside Demphsey)

WHAT? Mr. Prata at Evans Road? Ya this prata is pretty decent but due to the location of course a little more expensive la.

Tony what's Meggie Mee Prata? Kns why you not show the inside of prata. Please describe.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Come to my kopitiam for breakfast lah. American/Continental Breakfast or Dim Sum also have brekkie also have. :smile:

Century Egg porridge and Chee Cheong Fun still trying. Century porridge ok liaoz but chee cheong fun still not so good yet. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Most 4 star and above hotels have cheese for breakfast, so many. Emerald Hotel on Ratchada Road is pretty good and cheap. If want really good breakfast then must go to high end hotels like in Sukhumvit 5 stars, I think not worth la.

http://www.emeraldhotel.com/en/

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/...7c286&gclid=CLD6rqyi8LYCFYwt6wodrBcAXw&cklg=1

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Late dinner tonight, it's 9.30pm now, so having something light tonight.

A nice bottle of 2005 reserve sangiovese, really nice

rps20130429_210554.jpg

rps20130429_210740.jpg

Ordered only a starter and a cold cut. Am pretty impressed with the starter for two

rps20130429_205814.jpg

Center is Italian sausage with rocket, bottim is foie gras, left mussels, top is raw tuna with pomelo, right parma ham.
verWah Lan Eh, your meal very very high chlolrestoral (donnot how to spell lah] BUT I like. :smile: