• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple rabbies case not kenna stir big.
Nakhaon srithamarat province report garberment people go poison dogs (not strays) in temple. Also there is a possibility of imposing taxes on pet owners in the near future. bcoming machiam pappies, naa ngern(money face).
I think it's a good idea to impose taxes on Thai owners, if the purpose is to discourage the Thais from having a hand in spreading rabies. You know when a dog bites you, no Thais will own up to say that they are the owners. They will insist that the dog is a stray dog and they feed the dog occasionally. But when you hit the dog, suddenly the dog will have a Thai owner who will ask for compensation.

Make them own a dog like own a vehicle. Pay tax and wear licence tags. Make feeding of stray dogs an offence, as opposed to "tam boon".

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it's a good idea to impose taxes on Thai owners, if the purpose is to discourage the Thais from having a hand in spreading rabies. You know when a dog bites you, no Thais will own up to say that they are the owners. They will insist that the dog is a stray dog and they feed the dog occasionally. But when you hit the dog, suddenly the dog will have a Thai owner who will ask for compensation.

Make them own a dog like own a vehicle. Pay tax and wear licence tags. Make feeding of stray dogs an offence, as opposed to "tam boon".
No new law please. This country have too many laws. Each time when there are some screw ups, a new law is introduced to correct an old law, and so on.

Biggest problem is not the law itself but the way law is enforced. Its either selectively enforced,or not enforced at all, or randomly enforced. Best example is killing of an endangered extinct animal in a protected national reserve park.

All along, there are few cases of rabbies in the rural areas and not widespread.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why did the 3-wheel motorsai stop at the extreme right of the road ?
Was reported the 3 lor (3 wheels) just made a u-turn (glab rot) from the opposite direction and trying to switch to left lane but unable due to lots of cars.

Anyway, this type of cases very common lah. Thats why set up my own guideline" if cannot see whats in front of the vehicle in front, means too close liao"

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was reported the 3 lor (3 wheels) just made a u-turn (glab rot) from the opposite direction and trying to switch to left lane but unable due to lots of cars.

Anyway, this type of cases very common lah. Thats why set up my own guideline" if cannot see whats in front of the vehicle in front, means too close liao"
Sabo by that Honda Civic.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sabo by that Honda Civic.
Yup, Honda did sabo him and sped away but driver also follow too close liaoz.

See lots of traffic accidents on social media on daily basis. One thing must admit, siam lor roads and siam kia drivers are very dangerous.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway, have to keep reminding myself not to go too fast unnecessarily when driving or riding alone.

If have passengers or pillon, no problem cos too much nagging so wont go fast.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A bad one, with a tragic 16 loss of lives. These double-decker buses are just too high too, with gravitational pull their undoing. Even our local d/d coaches cannot match theirs.

At least 16 killed and many injured in Korat road accident Wednesday night

national March 21, 2018 23:51
By Prasit Tangprasert The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30341462

06e7b71b902ed9b230203bef97e24280-sld.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A bad one, with a tragic 16 loss of lives. These double-decker buses are just too high too, with gravitational pull their undoing. Even our local d/d coaches cannot match theirs.

At least 16 killed and many injured in Korat road accident Wednesday night

national March 21, 2018 23:51
By Prasit Tangprasert The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30341462

View attachment 40098
Thanks P’YY for the news. Here’s the FB link with videos and pics. Might be disturbing for some.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1871160479595691&id=100001052700978

Wang Nam Kiow in Korat is one of the gateway to the rest of Issan. It is very heavily used by heavy vehicles too, and have many sharp bends and steep slopes. Over the years, used this road a few times and must say this is one of the most dangerous road in Siam Lor.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks P’YY for the news. Here’s the FB link with videos and pics. Might be disturbing for some.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1871160479595691&id=100001052700978

Wang Nam Kiow in Korat is one of the gateway to the rest of Issan. It is very heavily used by heavy vehicles too, and have many sharp bends and steep slopes. Over the years, used this road a few times and must say this is one of the most dangerous road in Siam Lor.
Update: total casualty as at 18:40 siam lor time is 19 up lorry.
Rip.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Caught liaoz. But me guess wrong. Test positive for yaba.

Still stoned after arrest.
Nabeh, this type of face. Next time when I board RR or Bell or Nakornchai, I better look closely at the driver's face first.

Actually most double-deck tour bus comes with a vehicle commander.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nabeh, this type of face. Next time when I board RR or Bell or Nakornchai, I better look closely at the driver's face first.

Actually most double-deck tour bus comes with a vehicle commander.
Dont worry. The 3 bus companies you mentioned quite reputable. Nakornchai air is still the best. Even have bus attendant. My old friend, Pui, applied but unsuccessful cos Pui only finish secondary 2 (job mor 2). Everything else pass except academic qualifications.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Deadly stats, with many double deckers fail the 4.2m height restriction and inclination test 30 degrees.

“Many of the double-decker buses that registered before 2014 do not pass essential safety standards, such as the height of the bus being over 4.2 metres, and do not pass inclination tests at 30 degrees, so it is very risky if these buses to drive on dangerous and steep routes,” he said.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30341525

1d5fe3fb0ebbdf7a32c7f1f3a9b8d6bd.jpg