• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro seems like you are not the chionging type. It's not likely that you would see the ago go bars and the girls right?

That area beach road might not be for you so you probably shouldn't buy a condo at that location. Maybe one along say jomtien where there is still the sea view. The main area beach road well i understand the sea area there is rather polluted or dirty etc.

In Pattaya I walk to the supermarket, to the beach, to the restaurant,... So I'm looking for some place central.

I like looking at the sea but not to swim in :smile:

If I decide to get property there, it will be for retirement. Must plan for the worst case scenario when I am old & feeble, & not very mobile. It must be nearby to facilities like supermarket, hospitals, transport to airport,... etc

I've heard of Jomtien but can't say I've been there yet.
Does it have these facilities?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Conclusion is the residential market don't seem to be slowing not just in Bangkok, past month went to Pattaya twice many new condo projects under construction or about to start. Another personal experience/observation, end 2011 purchased a residential land at 37,000 baht per square wa (4 sqm) latest transaction in this project is 80,000 per sqwa and don't look like going any time soon. ....

As a foreigner I'm limited to condos. To buy landed I would have to form a partnership.
So the market I am limited to is the foreign owned condos. A small part of the market.

Maybe if I was younger I might get a piece of land but I don't expect to be around after 20 years. We all have to go sometime :(

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Froggy, this Italian joint looks down in your alley. Yummy pics of makan and grape juice. Building up from 1950s
But 1st, let me scrounge for loose change :p

1521220.jpg

Il Fumo Italian Mon-Sat, 6pm-1am 1098/2 Rama IV Road www.ilfumo.co 02-286-8833

1521232.jpg

Gambero rosso.

1521236.jpg

Dry cured prosciutto ca’ lumago mora romagnola.

1521240.jpg

From left: Luca’s grandmom makes a tiramisu; Skye margarita.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/lifestyle/food-and-drinks/843512/where-there-smoke

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Chicken rice breakfast stall, look at the queue. By 11am its all gone sometimes usually weekends 9.30am all gone

This plate only 40 baht or S$1.60 (special), if order normal only 35 baht or S$1.40

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A funny slice of big mango:p

[h=1]Thai mototaxi driver nicked for nicking 4,000 knickers[/h]March 16, 2016 6:15 pm

[h=2]A taxi driver accused of stealing some 4,000 items of women's underwear in Thailand has been publicly paraded by police, the second time in six years the alleged panty thief has been nabbed for fuelling his fetish.[/h]The 54-year-old motorbike taxi chauffeur was paraded before local media Wednesday next to a mountain of bras and underwear that he allegedly stole in between ferrying passengers around the Thai capital on the back of his moped.

But investigators said they were currently unable to charge him because no one has made an official complaint as they called for victims to come forward.

"Police cannot detain him because we cannot find plaintiffs and the villagers are too embarrassed so I decided to make a public alert," Sergeant Suwat Nisungkat of Samut Prakan police told AFP.

This is not the first time the prolific panty stealer has been caught for such an offence.

In 2010, police found him in possession of some 10,000 undergarments he had surreptitiously plucked from clotheslines and drying racks.

He was convicted of theft and jailed for slightly over three years, Suwat said.

"After he was arrested his wife left him and now she has become a nun because she’s embarrassed," the officer said.

- AFP

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Air India Dreamliner cleared after bomb hoax at Suvarnabhumi

An Air India Boeing Dreamliner jet was evacuated and searched Wednesday evening and Thursday morning at Suvarnabhumi airport after the airline reported a bomb threat.

Airport deputy director Chadanisa Chumnanvej said explosive ordnance disposal personnel searched the plane and all passenger baggage but found nothing.

"Nothing was found", confirmed Indranil Banerjee, Thailand manager of Air India.

The plane left the Indian capital at 2.05pm local time Wednesday. It arrived at 7.10pm Thailand time, and the anti-explosive operation began immediately.

After extensive searches, aircraft and passengers were all cleared at 15 minutes past midnight Thursday morning.

The Boeing 787 was ordered to park at an isolated area of the tarmac at Suvarnabhumi airport Wednesday after the bomb threat was received while it was still en route to Bangkok, Ms Chadanisa said.

Air India flight AI 332 from Delhi landed at Suvarnabhumi at 7.10pm, 10 minutes prior to its scheduled landing and air traffic controllers directed the pilots to taxi the plane to an area away from other jets in the wake of the bomb threat.

Ms Chadanisa said the airport prepared an isolated parking stand located on the eastern side of the airport for the plane in line with standard safety guidelines.

Officials evacuated all 231 passengers, one of them a child, as well as 10 crew from the aircraft before checks for a bomb began, she said.
Explosive ordnance disposal personnel were brought in to check all passenger baggage.

c1_901104_620x413.jpg

An Air India 787 Dreamliner touches down at Mumbai. It is the same model as the plane grounded at Suvarnabhumi by a bomb hoax Wednesday evening. (Photo via Planespotters.net)

jayeho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chicken rice breakfast stall, look at the queue. By 11am its all gone sometimes usually weekends 9.30am all gone

This plate only 40 baht or S$1.60 (special), if order normal only 35 baht or S$1.40

hanging chickens skin colour dont look fresh to me, taste ok?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Many rivers and canals especially upcountry had dried up. Gonna be seeing many road collapse.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many rivers and canals especially upcountry had dried up.
Graphical, says it all

Water shortage grips half of country - officials
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/899960/water-shortage-grips-half-of-country-officials
c1_899960_620x413.jpg

In this March 12 photo, heavy machinery is used to repair the energy dissipation area of the Chao Phraya dam in Chai Nat. Low water levels caused by the drought have allowed repairs to take place in the normally submerged area. (Photo by Pattarapong Chatpattarasill)

c1_617024_143x95.jpg