• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Breakfast at the golf clubhouse

View at breakfast

Excellent service from server to cleaners to security

U-char-kway with soya bean mike

Colourful condiments

Boiled rice with pork

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Driving and scenery of Khao Yai

[video=youtube;Hrx6tbvrRj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrx6tbvrRj0[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Toscano in Khao Yai is a private development consisting of very high end villas all modeled Italian style, heard houses starts at 40mil baht or S$1.6mil. In this development are also restaurants, golf and hotels open to public.

[video=youtube;yI4N5lQ__HM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI4N5lQ__HM[/video]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
voYXbz1.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Toscano in Khao Yai is a private development consisting of very high end villas all modeled Italian style, heard houses starts at 40mil baht or S$1.6mil. In this development are also restaurants, golf and hotels open to public....

So when are you going to get your unit there :smile:

I'm thinking of renting a place in Pattaya but with the poor economic outlook there may be bargains to be had:confused:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So when are you going to get your unit there :smile:

I'm thinking of renting a place in Pattaya but with the poor economic outlook there may be bargains to be had:confused:

Glad graffiti had been removed.

Most people buy a house in Khao Yai as a second home or weekend home living there can be quite boring as its all nature.

Pattaya is always in demand and I'd say prices there will only go up even with economic uncertainty or at least remain. What type of property are you looking for?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
One of the best places to have a nicely done steak is in the French restaurant Paris Bangkok

Done in front of you

Goes well with a full body Haut-Medoc

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The restaurant

Starters

White asparagus

A dozen french oysters

Crabmeat salad

Escargots

The main of course is the nice piece of beef and pan seared sole

Finishing with a apricot puff

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Safety bit went awry

DISASTER
8 killed in SCB fire system improvement fault

c1_896800_160314073443_620x413.jpg

Bodies of the disaster victims were laid just outside the bank's doors by paramedics late Sunday. (Photo by Thanarak Khunton)

An upgrade to fire prevention went horribly wrong at Siam Commercial Bank Sunday night, and eight people died when chemicals sucked oxygen from the building.

Firemen responding to the alarm were delayed in breaking in while they conducted tests to try to find out if there was a fire but they detected no heat. Reports said there was smoke coming from the basement of the low-rise building at around 9.30pm Sunday. A bank statement stated there was no fire or explosion.

Initial reports said eight people died at the scene and seven were taken to hospitals. Firemen said when they finally began breaking into the bank building, they found tightly locked doors by bank-grade security. They managed to rescue three people on the ground floor but could not access either the basement or first floor.

Within 20 minutes, firemen had pulled out three unconscious victims of the fire retardant, as well as the bodies of a woman and two men already overcome. Other bodies were found in the next 20 minutes

According to an official statement by SCB, this was "an accident caused by the negligence of the contractor hired to improve fire protection of the building". It gave no further details. The statement said "gas pyrogens opened" and released the fire retardant. "This caused injuries and deaths", the statement said.

The bank issued a press release late Sunday night, saying there was no fire or explosion, so all banking offices would be open on Monday as usual. The statement added condolences for the victims. The bank's chief executive will hold a press conference on the incident Monday morning.
1612480.jpg

Paramedics prepare a survivor to be taken to hospital. (Post Today photo)

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gruesome fatality :eek:

CRIME
Man 'admits' to killing lover in jealous rage

c1_896016_160314045559_620x413.jpg

Wassana Boonklom, 54, mother of Oraphan Boonklom, 28, whose body was found dumped by the road side in Saraburi on Saturday, breaks down upon learning of her daughter's murder. Oraphan's long-time boyfriend,...

A man has confessed to stabbing his long-time girlfriend to death, dumping the corpse by a roadside and logging into her Facebook account to fool her friends and family into thinking she had gone away with a new boyfriend for a while, police say.
Police investigating the disappearance of Oraphan Boonklom, 28, who worked for Airports of Thailand (AoT), said Sunday they had arrested the victim's boyfriend, Thanatpong Kulraksa, for the murder.

They say he admitted to succumbing to rage after discovering his girlfriend had been seeing someone else, who was in turn cheating on his girlfriend. Her corpse was found dumped by one side of a bypass in Saraburi province's Muang district on Saturday. It was later confirmed to be the remains of Oraphan.

Saraburi police were alerted on Saturday by Thanaphat Kaeocharoen, a truck driver who told investigators a fellow truck driver came across the body late afternoon on Friday and asked him to report the incident to the police on his behalf.
The driver stopped by the roadside and smelled something that seemed like rotting flesh, police said, quoting Mr Thanaphat's statement. He followed the smell until he found the body, Mr Thanaphat told police.

Wassana Boonklom, 54, Oraphan's mother, said Mr Thanatpong lied to her when she called him on the phone to inquire about her daughter's sudden disappearance after she failed to return home on March 5.
Ms Wassana said Mr Thanatpong told her he dropped her daughter off at a convenience store on the soi leading to her home in the Don Muang district of Bangkok.

Pretending he had nothing to do with Oraphan's disappearance, the boyfriend even came to pick up the mother and went to report the disappearance to police together on March 8, said Ms Wassana.

Police say Mr Thanatpong admitted to them after his arrest that he had stabbed Oraphan to death in a fit of anger while on the way home from a movie and dinner. He said he had confronted Oraphan with evidence of her cheating on him with another man who had also been cheating on his girlfriend.

Mr Thanatpong said they had a fight over what happened and the last straw was when Oraphan, whom he had been seeing for six years, told him she had fooled on him for a long time. He said the other man's girlfriend sent him some pictures of Oraphan with the man. Mr Thanatpong also admitted to logging into Oraphan's Facebook account to assure her friends they did not need to worry about her disappearance.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
7 Killed in Explosion at SCB Park

14578860321457887973l.jpg

Rescue workers Sunday night at SCB Park Plaza in Bangkok.
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

BANGKOK — At least seven people were killed Sunday night when a large hydrogen tank exploded in a basement at the SCB Park Plaza near Ratchayothin intersection.

Rescue personnel are at the scene where at least a dozen others were injured in the blast which went off at about 10pm on Sunday night at the complex in the capital’s Chatuchak district.
Lt. Cpt. Mongkol Srikaew of Phahonyothin Police said some were being treated for smoke inhalation.
Mongkol said the situation is under control, and that there was no fire or bomb as reported on social media.
The injured were taken to several area hospitals for treatment.

1457888092_fire01.jpg
1457888115_fire05.jpg
1457888103_fire03.jpg
Teeranai Charuvastra can be reached at [email protected] and @Teeranai_C.
Follow Khaosod English on Facebook and Twitter for news, politics and more from Thailand. To reach Khaosod English about this article or another matter, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected].

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pattaya is always in demand and I'd say prices there will only go up even with economic uncertainty or at least remain. What type of property are you looking for?

In Spore I spend plenty of time at home & from my window I only see traffic:(
When I'm in Pattaya I would just sit on one of the benches along Beach road & just watch the waves enjoying the breeze. Thinking of getting a condo with a sea view.

Still trying to decide between renting or buying a condo. If I buy a place I can get a decent place for $100k to $150k especially with the poor economic conditions. On my last trip I noticed that there were fewer Russinas & farang. I don't think it's only the economy, but other factors like the uncertain political situation in LOS.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When I'm in Pattaya I would just sit on one of the benches along Beach road & just watch the waves enjoying the breeze. Thinking of getting a condo with a sea view.

Still trying to decide between renting or buying a condo. If I buy a place I can get a decent place for $100k to $150k especially with the poor economic conditions. On my last trip I noticed that there were fewer Russinas & farang. I don't think it's only the economy, but other factors like the uncertain political situation in LOS.

Living in Thailand for more than 10 years now and experiencing the ups and downs of the politics and being in the construction business I have this to say:

- The way foreigners view the current political situation is very different from locals
- Foreigners view the current situation/government as perhaps unstable, so there's little foreign direct investments, industrial sector is hurt by this, my business to this industrial sector had been hurt quite badly as there are less factories to be build.
- On the contrary locals view the current situation/government as stable, protests and mob rule had been effectively gotten rid of and life seems to become normal, the MRT lines are coming up and we are experiencing somewhat a residential construction boom as so ashy condos and residential projects are being build along these lines.
- Ok overall the economy is not doing well so is the world

Conclusion is the residential market don't seem to be slowing not just in Bangkok, past month went to Pattaya twice many new condo projects under construction or about to start. Another personal experience/observation, end 2011 purchased a residential land at 37,000 baht per square wa (4 sqm) latest transaction in this project is 80,000 per sqwa and don't look like going any time soon. Two days ago

Saturday went to an SC Asset (developer) cluster housing project price not negotiable so as you can see, don't expect any cool down of the property sector any time soon. By the way, to give you an idea, the house I was looking at is: build-in 232sqm 5 bedrooms land 70 sqwa or 280 sqm costs 8.99mil baht or S$352k very close to Fashion Island Mall and the developer is a reputable one.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro seems like you are not the chionging type. It's not likely that you would see the ago go bars and the girls right?

That area beach road might not be for you so you probably shouldn't buy a condo at that location. Maybe one along say jomtien where there is still the sea view. The main area beach road well i understand the sea area there is rather polluted or dirty etc.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nok Air's continued woes

Pilot-short Nok Air axes 60 daily flights

Embattled Nok Air will cut 60 flights a day until the end of the month because of a lack of pilots, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) says.

The airline told the CAAT about the cancellations last week, CAAT director Chula Sukmanop said.
The airline said the measure was necessary because it has been unable to recruit more pilots, he said.

The cancellations should not affect passengers since some of the flights had no bookings while many passengers who have already booked can fly on other scheduled Nok Air flights, Mr Chula said, citing the carrier.

Nok Air is also arranging flights with other airlines for its passengers.
"Nok Air must be responsible for securing other flights or redeeming tickets for their passengers," Mr Chula said.

Meanwhile, all airlines, as well as Nok Air, will have to provide the CAAT with details about their April-June flight schedules this month.
Mr Chula said the CAAT needs to make sure the number of flights offered by each airline meets regulations with regard to pilots' working conditions.

Speaking about Monday's CAAT board meeting, chaired by transport permanent secretary Chartchai Thipsunawee, Mr Chula said the board discussed job vacancies within the agency.

Available positions include that of CAAT director, which must be filled by June 1, Mr Chula said, adding he would apply for the post. The meeting also touched on the agency's budget, which is expected to exceed 800 million baht a year, he said.

Much of the funding is expected to come from a new 15-baht security surcharge on international passengers arriving, departing or transferring through the country's airports. The proposed rate will be presented to the civil aviation board for approval this month.

This and other charges, expected to be collected from Oct 1, would generate 1.1 billion baht in revenue each year, Mr Chula said. New charges will also be introduced for pilot and air operating licences.

In the meantime, CAAT funding this year will include 225.15 million baht from the government. Charges for air operator certificates will also increase to tally with the high salaries of inspectors, Mr Chula said.