• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Roti, I might have miss out the one you mentioned. The pics taken is from Fishing Park, Third Road, between Pattaya North and Pattaya Central. Nope, this place confirm don't play Kan Hoo type of music as it is outdoor. The band is playing 'String' or Look Toong Puea Chiwit music.

Will check with my friends on this joint Tom Poy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time passing so quickly and almost a month since CNY. Think I want to have a more healthy lifestyle and will be cutting down on ciggies and alcoholic drinks.

My 2 year old Adidas running shoes is almost brand new. Think only wear once.:p

In the past, walk to the supermarket (50 meters away). Now have become so 'Lam Nua' that I ride motorcycle instead of walking there.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
RoC will be importing this new Toyota later this year. The sale price is 1.5 million TWD.

Sawasdee krup Pii KYP what is the name of this model in Taiwan?

If its 1.5mil I reckon in Thailand will be double because of import tax, if more than 3L then will be much more.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think I want to have a more healthy lifestyle and will be cutting down on ciggies and alcoholic drinks. My 2 year old Adidas running shoes is almost brand new. Think only wear once.: ...become so 'Lam Nua' that I ride motorcycle instead of walking there.
Tell us in 3 months time, when you re-visit same. Hopefully, your adidas is not mouldy and your lungs clear. Chok dee na

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlikely unless she runs night life business. Yes, many places don't use kiep especially if the joints are Thai or foreigner owned. Kiep is one way currency, easy to change into kiep but almost impossible to convert to other currency. THB also accepted in most places in Laos.

Vientiane is one of the most boring places. Not shopping centres, no departmental stores....weather hot like fuck ! I hate going to Vientiane for my visa run. And 8 hours on the mini van from Bangkok to Nongkhai is hell !

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I save enough money this year, intend to reward myself one of this chio cars.:smile:

Me too ! I intend to reward myself one of these:

561e1884e52ce349ae5aa6966b49c083.jpg
1_201106271515096UwKb.jpg

Eh...Bro Joe, this one Tai mei mei, not Thai mei mei. Don't say I never show deference to you :wink:

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
FRS or Scion. It's replacement for Celica.

Actually it is the replacement for the AE86 - which was/is a legend among drifters.
Not Celica because this car is a front-engined, real wheel drive - the Celica was FWD and as such, not a real sports car. The next RWD Japanese car up the totem pole is the Nissan 350z which is in a different price range.

It's getting a lot of interest in Japan and the US and will be available for sale in Spring/Summer.

Very interesting car because it was engineered by Subaru, both engine and chassis - only the sheetmetal design and transmission are Toyota, the rest is Subaru. It's Subaru's first new engine design (2.0 litre) in 15 years. It will be sold as both a Toyota and Subaru. Toyota's branding this under their hip "Scion" brand in the US but sold as the Toyota FT-86 elsewhere (Scion being only available in the US). Subaru will be selling this as the BRZ. Approx. US$25k MSRP.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
FRS or Scion. It's replacement for Celica.

Thanks KYP. Hey I just googled the word SCION and was surprised that its actually a brand itself and I checked its part of the Toyota family just like Lexus. The Scion family of cars look very cool. Thanks for this new revelation KYP.

Toyota_Scion_Logo_1.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Me too ! I intend to reward myself one of these:

561e1884e52ce349ae5aa6966b49c083.jpg
1_201106271515096UwKb.jpg

Eh...Bro Joe, this one Tai mei mei, not Thai mei mei. Don't say I never show deference to you :wink:

Oi brother, I already say at this time cannot show this type of pictures wait must go Ratchada la. Anyway I recognized the girl on the left as An Xin Ya crazy girl very funny. She's also damn sexy. Here is a pic of her crazy + sexy

17.jpg

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks KYP. Hey I just googled the word SCION and was surprised that its actually a brand itself and I checked its part of the Toyota family just like Lexus. The Scion family of cars look very cool. Thanks for this new revelation KYP.

You will find the Scion brand only in North America. Toyota did it to appeal to the younger generation who might have thought of Toyota as "old-fashioned" or "my dad's car".

Same like when Lexus was first started - it was first a North America thing only, to break away from the image of Toyota being a "cheap econo" car. Lexuses were not sold elsewhere, but some imported a LHD USA Lexus back to Japan as a status symbol - even though the same exact car was available in Japan as a toyota-badged car.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You will find the Scion brand only in North America. Toyota did it to appeal to the younger generation who might have thought of Toyota as "old-fashioned" or "my dad's car".

Same like when Lexus was first started - it was first a North America thing only, to break away from the image of Toyota being a "cheap econo" car. Lexuses were not sold elsewhere, but some imported a LHD USA Lexus back to Japan as a status symbol - even though the same exact car was available in Japan as a toyota-badged car.

I love Lexus. Dream model is LS but still waiting so long already. Here its 10-11mil THB depending on options. Crazy, more expensive than in Singapore.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love Lexus. Dream model is LS but still waiting so long already. Here its 10-11mil THB depending on options. Crazy, more expensive than in Singapore.

Next time you go to Tokyo, you might want to visit the Toyota Car Museum (if you haven't already) at Odaiba.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vientiane is one of the most boring places. Not shopping centres, no departmental stores....weather hot like fuck ! I hate going to Vientiane for my visa run. And 8 hours on the mini van from Bangkok to Nongkhai is hell !
Not that bad lah. Feels like Thailand in the 70s or even 60s. Can opt for one night stay in Nong Khai. Anyway, the VISA runs service in Pattaya do mainly Cambodia.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tell us in 3 months time, when you re-visit same. Hopefully, your adidas is not mouldy and your lungs clear. Chok dee na
Adidas shoes confirm in tip top condition. Wear once and put back in the shoe box. Lung confirm black until cannot black. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Next time you go to Tokyo, you might want to visit the Toyota Car Museum (if you haven't already) at Odaiba.

Thanks not been there. Will definitely go next time especilly to see my favourite Toyota car, Century.