• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Waaaaaaa never know so many Queenstownians here in this forum. Old guy is right about blk 47. This fishball noodle stall has been there like forever. Blk 47 is also popular with the txe-char in the past always crowded but I think like 5 years ago after they got tiongs to cook it just went down the drain and never recovered and I guess changed hands, this one Chon should be able to verify.

Ok sawasdeekrup to you all and I am back to Bangkok, its breakfast time and having Kim Choo bahchang with a thick cup of traditional kopi-o. Good start for the day

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Waaaaaaa never know so many Queenstownians here in this forum. Old guy is right about blk 47. This fishball noodle stall has been there like forever. Blk 47 is also popular with the txe-char in the past always crowded but I think like 5 years ago after they got tiongs to cook it just went down the drain and never recovered and I guess changed hands, this one Chon should be able to verify.

Ok sawasdeekrup to you all and I am back to Bangkok, its breakfast time and having Kim Choo bahchang with a thick cup of traditional kopi-o. Good start for the day
yes, right. both 10 storey blk 47 and blk 46-1 zhi char stalls cmi when i runroad to LOS. the nearest reasonable good zhi char is at abc market and alexandra village and commonwealth 16 storey.

what's in 10 storey before i runroad. the traingular ufo looking hawker centre still have good hainanese curry rice (sell in evening), hainanese western food and lao fu zhi fishball noodle and cantonese porridge. the lor mee also used to be very good but closed even before i runroad. the market and hc (upgraded) is only good outside. inside mainly new stalls. believe the chicken rice (tian shui), which used to be in blk 47 is in the hc. duck noodle soup also nice but very expensive. the wei yu laksa (relative) of duck noodle soup also serve good prawn noodle soup.

now donno left what liaoz. maybe i shud really pay a visit.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, right. both 10 storey blk 47 and blk 46-1 zhi char stalls cmi when i runroad to LOS. the nearest reasonable good zhi char is at abc market and alexandra village and commonwealth 16 storey.

what's in 10 storey before i runroad. the traingular ufo looking hawker centre still have good hainanese curry rice (sell in evening), hainanese western food and lao fu zhi fishball noodle and cantonese porridge. the lor mee also used to be very good but closed even before i runroad. the market and hc (upgraded) is only good outside. inside mainly new stalls. believe the chicken rice (tian shui), which used to be in blk 47 is in the hc. duck noodle soup also nice but very expensive. the wei yu laksa (relative) of duck noodle soup also serve good prawn noodle soup.

i recall the HC got a mean kambing soup........and 2 western food stalls fight for business.......No.1 or A1 BBQ or something like that.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no.2 will be going back north on this thursday with her mother. funny is when she around, we always fight. suddenly feel sad that she is not going to be around here for some time or maybe not coming here again. by right, i shud open champagne. now really no one to fight with me liaoz. sianz

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
no.2 will be going back north on this thursday with her mother. funny is when she around, we always fight. suddenly feel sad that she is not going to be around here for some time or maybe not coming here again. by right, i shud open champagne. now really no one to fight with me liaoz. sianz

Enjoy the peace while it last bro. :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these are the lottery tickets bought. also got buy private one, 757 and 57/75. kns, hoot 757 mak mak, number come out 56.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Today's breakfast.

Regular joint not opened, normally won't go for this because of the long queue plus they close at 12noon.

IMG-20130521-WA0000.jpgIMG-20130521-WA0001.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
what's in 10 storey before i runroad. the traingular ufo looking hawker centre still have good hainanese curry rice (sell in evening), hainanese western food and lao fu zhi fishball noodle . . . . .

Warning, no need to try lao-fu-zhi anymore, standard drop like hell, better go to blk 47

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In KL day tripper working trip. Had pleasant surprise of having Dalai Lama for lunch (same restaurant, in private room separate from us in main hall). Don't say NPNT, had the waiter to snap this one.

FDFB352A-E2FE-4C40-8C29-5C045D28A8BC-222-000000726DAA4980_zpse9626eba.jpg

More pics of Victoria restaurant (not far from Bangsar), quaint old fashioned style like train station. Course include escargots, steak, bomb Alaska

D9E3971B-9A15-499B-AD13-C6592F9D59D5-222-000000724F701B17_zps4ff32c3d.jpg

3F22FDA5-57F4-4A0B-8C46-A5608CA0BA4E-222-0000007255EFF7E1_zpsf0ef7318.jpg

672D7B39-B9E0-4D12-9D9D-1CE509E2B6E3-222-000000725A4E5639_zpsb6a26764.jpg

84266491-088F-409C-A4DA-F82887654344-222-000000725EF3C2BA_zps04d01bf7.jpg

5ED8F4DB-A4C8-4006-9612-64AB9AA5464A-222-0000007265E7211B_zps5dfecce4.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
donno how hot is sinking land right now. here where i am is around 38-39 outdoor.

no choice but to install a/c on the 3rd and 4th floor, now the whole place is a/c. 4th floor most hot cos' top floor.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In KL day tripper working trip. Had pleasant surprise of having Dalai Lama for lunch (same restaurant, in private room separate from us in main hall). Don't say NPNT, had the waiter to snap this one.
FDFB352A-E2FE-4C40-8C29-5C045D28A8BC-222-000000726DAA4980_zpse9626eba.jpg
hehehe. yy can frame this picture up and place at office liaoz.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sianz, no.2 mother like lamp post like that. just want to have some private moment with no. 2 also no chance. half an hour also good. any ideas how to make 'lamp post' disappear for half an hour? :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was in TG last night on my way home from Singapore. As usual pre-ordered Hindu (non-vegetarian) meal. Not bad last night's meal. Problem in ordering this is almost every time got to assure server that I had indeed ordered the meal cos they always thought has to be an Indian pessenger

Was served masala fish with basmati rice

The Indian desert was not bad too, not too sweet and nice Indian spices

Then after having 4 "cups" brandy on the rocks and asked for the fifth one was given this knn I think they also fedup

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

For those of you who likes Fuji and or ZEN in Thailand please forget them and go to Kasa the latest and more authentic than the other two.

Just had a big lunch there for 4 person

Sashimi Maguro and Salmon

Three salads

Avocado

Seaweed

Small fried fish

Last edited: