• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Already full from breakfast but HK friend insisted to bring me eat lobster boiled rice 龙虾泡饭.

Alamak I cannot describe the taste la, heavenly la. This photo do not so justice to the dish
null-2067.jpg

Roast duck
null-523.jpg

Roast pork with mustard
null-2443.jpg

null-1422.jpg

Vege with mushroom and soup
null-2099.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dinner at a new place recomend by friend. just by the beach. saw wine menu but me really mountain tortise. so order singha beer.

20130103_200253.jpg

20130103_195708.jpg

20130103_195558.jpg

awaiting for a friend to turn up.

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros joetys and bro chonburific

This is more a gastronomical thread rather than living in Thailand thread... All the good food...

Pra khaw chorp Arhan di chai Mai? :-)
You guys like good food :-)

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cbfc, nice and sabai restaurant. Got put that zinc to good use boh? :p Far from Beach rd or Jomtien side?

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro sawa dee kup.

guess I need to do more homework bef i pull out of europe.

anyway, are you into coffee? notice you bought a espresso m/c. when u posting review? :smile:
Kap koon kap
all the best everyone

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Now in the Airport Express MTR train on the way to the Hong Kong Airport.

Had our last meal for this visit just a while ago. Can say its one of our best meals. Simple and delicious and fantastic local ambience.

The outside
null-1039.jpg

null-414.jpg

The inside (on the right a group of 17 NUS girls eating inside)
null-960.jpg

Nice ambience right?
null-1368.jpg

null-364.jpg

Lor Mai Gai - a really big one in a big lotus leaf really good
null-226.jpg

Vege
null-296.jpg

Another vege
null-1985.jpg

榨菜牛肉 - Szechuan preserved vege with sliced beef steamed, heavenly!
null-403.jpg

咸鱼肉饼 - salted fish and minced pork steam, really damn steam man this one
null-2480.jpg

梅菜扣肉 - alamak this one I really don't know what to say la, really very pang
null-2258.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Really like this TG lounge in the Hong Kong airport

[video=youtube;A5YCRTVucBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5YCRTVucBs[/video]

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe, guys. Just got back from hospital. :eek: Had an injection and wound dressing plus another set of anti-biotics. :(

Was bitten by 2 dogs this morning while taking a stroll (try to exercise). These 2 dogs has collars so there must be an owner but no one dare to admit when I ask. Anyway, received many suggestions from neighbours and apartment staff, some good, some quite extreme, and some totally inhumane. knn, even have someone told me where to buy poison to mix with pork and let the dogs have last dinner. Very Zek Ark lah.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway, I have informed the city council so they will take action 'very soon' and I believe by tomorrow morning, these dogs will no longer be a nuisance and danger to the neighborhood.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey joe can you speak cantonese? Other than visting disneyland is HK just for shopping and eating in other words something like this country.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hehehe, guys. Just got back from hospital. :eek: Had an injection and wound dressing plus another set of anti-biotics. :(

Was bitten by 2 dogs this morning while taking a stroll (try to exercise). These 2 dogs has collars so there must be an owner but no one dare to admit when I ask. Anyway, received many suggestions from neighbours and apartment staff, some good, some quite extreme, and some totally inhumane. knn, even have someone told me where to buy poison to mix with pork and let the dogs have last dinner. Very Zek Ark lah.

bro next time walk with a big stick lah, got dog come and charge at you whack them first. But are you all right or not now?

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro chonburific

Take care! Irresponsible owners to let their dogs go unleashed and biting people...

Maybe time to learn some krav maga or martial arts for self defence? Or use the SAF Unarmed Combat (now they close it close combat) techniques ? :-)

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guys, sg also a lot of wild dogs. first don't run or back down until they move away or retreat. i kena a lot, most wild dogs u can even sayang them or they will avoid u. but if they are aggressive, wait for them to get near then give them a hard kick. that's what i do when a dog attack me, usually the dog will fly and land on the side.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro next time walk with a big stick lah, got dog come and charge at you whack them first. But are you all right or not now?

Bro chonburific

Take care! Irresponsible owners to let their dogs go unleashed and biting people...

Maybe time to learn some krav maga or martial arts for self defence? Or use the SAF Unarmed Combat (now they close it close combat) techniques ? :-)

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

guys, sg also a lot of wild dogs. first don't run or back down until they move away or retreat. i kena a lot, most wild dogs u can even sayang them or they will avoid u. but if they are aggressive, wait for them to get near then give them a hard kick. that's what i do when a dog attack me, usually the dog will fly and land on the side.
hehehe. guys, i bo dai zhi lah. injection liaoz. most ley cheh is have to go for injection for 4 more rounds and each session 3 days apart. me scare needles more than dogs lah. :p

also told the motorcycle taxi friend don't do anything to the dogs.knn, he want to buy poison to 'gai guat' the dogs tonight. apparently, i am not the first victim. not dog problem, owner problem. actually i know how to handle aggressive dogs, just that heart soft. the trick i was taught is to punch or kick the nose very very hard.

anyway, me most tulan is the owner refuse to admit the dogs are theirs. but i 101% sure the dogs belong to them.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dogs will no longer be a nuisance and danger to the neighborhood.
Surprise (bad 1).. always see stray dogs in LOS very lazy (nuay), either sleeeping or harmless and not even bark. But yours were collared, got owner 1 so different.

Aiyah, you don't deserve more aches -back ache, heart ache :p

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey joe can you speak cantonese? Other than visting disneyland is HK just for shopping and eating in other words something like this country.

My Cantonese is fluent with HK accent rather than Malaysian Cantonese. Grew up with Cantonese neighbors and Man in the Net serials. Also lived in HK for a year.

For me I've got friends there so it's like catching up with them (they come visit me in Thailand too). I not a shopping guy neither a Dianey or Ocean Park guy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surprise (bad 1).. always see stray dogs in LOS very lazy (nuay), either sleeeping or harmless and not even bark. But yours were collared, got owner 1 so different.

Aiyah, you don't deserve more aches -back ache, heart ache :p
hehehe. blessing in disguise. took a break from work. :p

today only supervise signboard contractor to take down old signboard of previous tenant.

20130104_161857.jpg

the main road signboard about 5 meters high.saw how the contactor worked on the scaffolding, me also worry for them.