• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
small one finish liaoz. went back to the north. :( No one quarrel with me for over one week liaoz.
Perhaps not spread yourself too thin...or you might kena kaya toast +555. Patts a small place to fart :p (Btw, not same small 1 from your sept up country trip?)

Narong Wongwan said:
2 years ago....see if i can find the photos to post.....at my age i cannot tahan the long winding trip.......
Depends on who's doing the driving? :wink: 140km from CNX.. hear it's a scenic route, 2 hours?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guess what's wrong with the pics?

20121218_100719.jpg
answer is everyone is wearing helmet. mata after the traffic lights. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps not spread yourself too thin...or you might kena kaya toast +555. Patts a small place to fart :p (Btw, not same small 1 from your sept up country trip?)

Depends on who's doing the driving? :wink: 140km from CNX.. hear it's a scenic route, 2 hours?
should be consider medium. for some reason, me no luck with the northerners.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one of the soi in patt. north. big c and golden village is here and so are all the arb nam joints.

20121218_110827.jpg

very simple x'mas decorations at big c patt. north.

20121218_111115.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Last time there was 2 years ago....see if i can find the photos to post.....at my age i cannot tahan the long winding trip.......next time go must take helicopter.

I am loving the north more and more and more. Like I'd said fist time to Chiang Mai for holiday then to Pai wow sooooo nice the place and people, sabai-mak-mak-roei,

Yes Narong the long and winding road is quite tiring especially for pessengers, but for me driving was just fine, no problem. Tomorrow making same trip back to Chiang Mai directly to airport then its off to Bangkok to face reality.

I drove passed the Pai Airport (PYY) today and was surprised that it looks more like a landing short strip. Checked the internet just now and fown that there is no fligh from Bangkok however there is a Kan Air (www.kanairlines.com/) that flies to Pai from Chiang Mai cost like only $80 per trip. But propeller planes I'm not too sure my heart can take it or not ya?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I am sure can do it within 3.5hrs. Two hours not possible la. We took almost 5 hours, makan, pikture taking, sayang sayang etc etc

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I've been to a cafe in Khao Yai known as Coffee in Love, nice scenic place, many stop by to take photos. Found one in Pai today, here's a short video.

[video=youtube;kuxHCRPdSHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuxHCRPdSHY[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pai is a district of Mae Hong Son Province. The town centre is small like most districts of Thailand. If you wanna have a look how Pau looks like here's the video I took before the sunset today. It's a long video but I gotto show you everything right?

[video=youtube;CCPXOwBOvv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCPXOwBOvv8[/video]

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am loving the north more and more and more. Like I'd said fist time to Chiang Mai for holiday then to Pai wow sooooo nice the place and people, sabai-mak-mak-roei,

Yes Narong the long and winding road is quite tiring especially for pessengers, but for me driving was just fine, no problem. Tomorrow making same trip back to Chiang Mai directly to airport then its off to Bangkok to face reality.

I drove passed the Pai Airport (PYY) today and was surprised that it looks more like a landing short strip. Checked the internet just now and fown that there is no fligh from Bangkok however there is a Kan Air (www.kanairlines.com/) that flies to Pai from Chiang Mai cost like only $80 per trip. But propeller planes I'm not too sure my heart can take it or not ya?
hehehehe. u know i just owk hart (heart broken) and heart is in north but body in pattaya.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
loving the north more and more and more. ..sooooo nice the place and people, sabai-mak-mak-roei,
Pai Airport (PYY) today and was surprised that it looks more like a landing short strip. ..But propeller planes I'm not too sure my heart can take
Sukhotai airport is most charming (understand it's a heritage airport, owned by Bkk Airways). Enroute to Lampang from Bkk, only 1 daily flight at ungodly 0700.

Only plane is propeller 1, and pax gotta use the small 3 carriage buggy on tarmac for getting on/off and transit. Charming semi open air gates. Propeller plane cannot put overhead standard luggage.. with stewardess sitting strapped in centre front. See pics here

sukhotaiflight.jpgsuktaiairport3.jpgsukhotram.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sukhotai airport is most charming (understand it's a heritage airport, owned by Bkk Airways). Enroute to Lampang from Bkk, only 1 daily flight at ungodly 0700.

Only plane is propeller 1, and pax gotta use the small 3 carriage buggy on tarmac for getting on/off and transit. Charming semi open air gates. Propeller plane cannot put overhead standard luggage.. with stewardess sitting strapped in centre front. See pics here

View attachment 8462View attachment 8463View attachment 8464

Pai's airport is bare bones

PaiAirportRunway1.jpg

880m Runway

normal_PaiAirport.jpg

Terminal

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tonight is not as cold as last night. Anyway back to the patio for some drinks and specials

null-2412.jpg

null-474.jpg

Maeng Serdin (tiny crickets)

null-1504.jpg

Maeng Da (water beetle) this one is huge I don't dare to eat but enjoyed the other two.

null-2101.jpg

Jing-Lit (medium size cricket)

This white stuff in the main photo is cuttlefish

Cheers

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tonight is not as cold as last night. Anyway back to the patio for some drinks and specials
Maeng Da (water beetle) this one is huge I don't dare to eat but enjoyed the other two.

Jing-Lit (medium size cricket)

This white stuff in the main photo is cuttlefish

Cheers
Umm....cheap also no need buy so much leh. A few pieces look ok, a bunch look pretty intimidating.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BTW, first time I ate, mouth swollen. Subsequently, bo dai chi liaoz. Yes, think should be nice to go with brandy or whisky for me.