• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. You are really fit. I do have lots of Russian clients and after spending years in LOS, they have a problem going back to Russia during the winter.

Funny thing is I can adjust really well during the first few days, after that, I will feel uncomfortable, first one to hit me will be my lips and ears.

May be it is not about being fit, but acclimatization.
After 30+ years, I am able to tolerate than when I first arrived in Toronto.
But when it falls below minus 20C, it is too cold.
My sheep skin hat has flaps which cover my ears.
Otherwise, for fall and winter, I wear my wool beret.
I believe that the LOS is too hot and humid for me, otherwise, it looks like the cost of living appears very reasonable in the LOS.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May be it is not about being fit, but acclimatization.
After 30+ years, I am able to tolerate than when I first arrived in Toronto.
But when it falls below minus 20C, it is too cold.
My sheep skin hat has flaps which cover my ears.
Otherwise, for fall and winter, I wear my wool beret.
I believe that the LOS is too hot and humid for me, otherwise, it looks like the cost of living appears very reasonable in the LOS.
Yeah, the word is acclimitization. You Canadized already as can see you use 'z' instead of 's'. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, place where I am staying happen to be a tourist place and so the cost of living is not as low as expected but it's manageable for me. Every place have tips and tricks for survival.Do come to Pattaya one of these days. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today's brekkie, los yong tau hoo.

20121210_094616.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, the word is acclimitization. You Canadized already as can see you use 'z' instead of 's'. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, place where I am staying happen to be a tourist place and so the cost of living is not as low as expected but it's manageable for me. Every place have tips and tricks for survival.Do come to Pattaya one of these days. :smile:

Thank you for your invitation.
When we were newly married, we went to SG, Malaysia and LOS.
I may not be quite "Canadianized" because I continue to use the name my parents gave me at birth.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Visit from another Dutch friend. Just arrived this morning. Some souvenirs from Amsterdam.

20121210_140951.jpg

20121210_141005.jpg

will bring to office after a short nap.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember the birthday party last night? Tonight continue again but at my friend own shop. Will plenty of sao saos. Some came all the way from BKK. Will post mosaic pics later. :smile: