• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

BuriramUnitedFC

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jah - it's always empty there. I always visit when I stay in Palazzo nearby. My friends told me the girls use the premises more on free lance basis...the full time girls not many. Better picks as Alaina beside!!

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some guidance on Thai language.

What does "yang ying" mean ? In Hanyu Pinyin tone, it's yang3 ying4.

Thank you.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very much, extremely, excessively.

I couldn't quite fit the meaning into the conversation I had with a Thai girl. We were bargaining over the price of a buffet catering, and I was pretty insistent on the lower price which I had successively bargained with her boss, though she complained that she had little left after deducting the costs. And she said something like: "Khun XXX (my name) yang ying zhe zhai dtaang..." Does it make sense ?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And she said something like: "Khun XXX (my name) yang ying zhe zhai dtaang..." Does it make sense ?
what is 'zhe' ?
yang ying is machiam an adjective and usually comes after a noun/noun phrase..........
ie sam khan yang ying (really important) or korb khun yang ying (great thanks) etc......

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is 'zhe' ?
yang ying is machiam an adjective and usually comes after a noun/noun phrase..........
ie sam khan yang ying (really important) or korb khun yang ying (great thanks) etc......

Bro, I think it was 'zha'. But never mind, I couldn't really recall the complete sentence as she bombarded me with a string of Thai words.

Now, when someone says 'thank you', we normally reply 'you're welcome' or 'don't mention it'. Is there an equivalent expression in Thai language ? I believe it's not a literal translation.

Thank you, Ajarn.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can say duay khwam ying dee.....'my pleasure'

Bro, I think it was 'zha'. But never mind, I couldn't really recall the complete sentence as she bombarded me with a string of Thai words.

Now, when someone says 'thank you', we normally reply 'you're welcome' or 'don't mention it'. Is there an equivalent expression in Thai language ? I believe it's not a literal translation.

Thank you, Ajarn.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know the name of this dish in Thai ?

20090801043640398.JPG

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who already have Thai spouses, how serious are Thai girls in observing the tradition of wearing engagement or wedding rings on the ring finger ?