• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
526514_10150700569072138_826432137_9403438_198921654_n.jpg

Meepok dry, hahaha

I also cannot lose this morning, LOL

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Meepok dry, hahaha

kowtow-e1276619407577.jpg

I kowtow Alamaking, Singapore's meepok or any dry noodle beat Thai's hands down. Why?

- Thai's dry noodles is fucking plain, no lard, no chilli paste, no vineger nothing, noting at all. You have to add your own miserable dry chilli powder etc

- Thai's fishball are ALL not freshly cooked . . . everything precooked from factory and supplied to individual stalls frozen

- Thai's fishball soup, the soup mai aroi

- Thai's portion is miserable

Having said that the beef noodles and others are pretty good.

Cheers Alamaking

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pai seh Pii Chon. What we had last night is Pra-Muek-Ping (grilled sotong). Pra-Muek-Dat-Diow is in strips just like moo-dat-diow or nuer-dat-diow.
Pai Seh Pai Seh. Too much Brandy.:wink: Thought it's Muek Daet Diow.

Here's some scene of the Yaowarat market
This is the famous pepper shop. Chonburifc you'll like this shop but you no need to come, I bought a few bottles for you already.
Gam Sia Gam Sia, The Wanton Noodle looks like it's worth a trip to BKK.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers Alamaking

But P'Joe, I like the soup kway teow fishball in BKK, i love the soup very much, it is much more tasty than SG 1.

every morning I will go to this street stall and eat when I'm at BKK, LOL

Screen shot 2012-03-25 at PM 01.04.45.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meepok dry, hahaha

ALMK, you win already. Me feel like booking a trip back to Sinkeeland now after seeing the mee pok dry pics.

I kowtow Alamaking, Singapore's meepok or any dry noodle beat Thai's hands down. Why?

- Thai's dry noodles is fucking plain, no lard, no chilli paste, no vineger nothing, noting at all. You have to add your own miserable dry chilli powder etc

- Thai's fishball are ALL not freshly cooked . . . everything precooked from factory and supplied to individual stalls frozen

Add another point, maybe not relevant to others, The Black Vinegar (Aor Chor) used for Mee Pok in Sinkeeland makes a big difference.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ALMK, you win already. Me feel like booking a trip back to Sinkeeland now after seeing the mee pok dry pics.

Add another point, maybe not relevant to others, The Black Vinegar (Aor Chor) used for Mee Pok in Sinkeeland makes a big difference.

LOL, lets exchange food pics if we can, hahaha

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one dedicated to Ajarn Parang Toh. :wink:

Was staying in a notorious neighbourhood for a few months and friend gave me this 'Keh See' (Tool), just in case someone try to break into my home. In LOS, do not keep such stuffs in your car. If kena spot checked, very problematic. Still no money to buy glock yet.

98415ee1.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, this one confirm cheaper. BTW, use Acrylic material (color will not fade so easily if this signboard is outdoor). Another thing is the bulb replacement must be easy. My signboards need to call technician if bulbs spoilt.

Bro, find out got LED light or not. And must be LED both sides.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think the maximum consumption will be around 20 cups per day, mainly for the customers (Most staff do not like drink kopi).

Bro, you should know the typical Thais better. If something is expensive and 'free', they will like it. And give them sugar and creamer, they will like it. The Thais are not really coffee aficionado.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thinking of mom's home meatballs which she sure make during chinese new year. So in Thailand I must call her to ask for recipe to make myself.

994c8c25.jpg

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thinking of mom's home meatballs which she sure make during chinese new year. So in Thailand I must call her to ask for recipe to make myself....
P'Joe, should learn cooking, can cultivate patience :biggrin: Mum's cooking is still the best, hahaha

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

In the night at Yaowarat...many nice food including king of the fruits... once tasted, you won't want to miss it on your next trip there.

Yaowarat 01.jpg

Yaowarat 02.jpg

Yaowarat 02A.jpg

Yaowarat 03.jpg

Yaowarat 05.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers Alamaking

Bro, you can always teach the Thai cook what to cook. They can "custom make" the dishes for you. I remember I taught one of them how to cook our black char kway teow to taste about 80% like our local char kway teow. That was with another restaurant.

Now with my condo's restaurant, it's even more convenient.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, you can always teach the Thai cook what to cook. They can "custom make" the dishes for you. I remember I taught one of them how to cook our black char kway teow to taste about 80% like our local char kway teow. That was with another restaurant.

Now with my condo's restaurant, it's even more convenient.
This one will need the Sinkeeland's black sweet sauce. I have this. :wink:
Bro, you show this kind of pics, no sinkies will dare meet you @ Pattaya :rolleyes:
This is something which like fire extinguisher. Good to have but hope no need to use it. My old office was broken into twice by FTs so I a llittle paranoid when it comes to property and personal safety.

BTW, I will only see the signboard boss tomorrow or tuesday. And she only do fluorescent but not LED lightings.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, I will only see the signboard boss tomorrow or tuesday. And she only do fluorescent but not LED lightings.

Thailand a bit slow in LED technology. Must export some to Thailand :smile:

Over here we even have LED shower spray :smile: It turns red when the water is too hot, and blue when it's normal. I am not sure if it's available in Thailand or even Singapore.