• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how may of you can remember this singer. I just came across her song via TV. A very good singer, good song, but not flamboyant. Her nick, at one time, was, The Bear.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1-9-dw3oOFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I know Alamaking likes this type of pattern one::wink:

4194846040_9568fa8664.jpg

Is this Thai puying? If not, mai aw.....

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My verdict of the Gaggia Baby Twin - good enough for home consumption, but struggles with temperature.

Will seek out the Rancilio Silvia in my next run.
KYP, after seeing the Gaggia pics, feel like having this kopi right now but can only settle for bloody Nescafe.:mad:

Hope to get one of these before Songkran (Old office will start renovation from last week March to early April). Think the maximum consumption will be around 20 cups per day, mainly for the customers (Most staff do not like drink kopi).

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, this is the "no bend" version:

fedvu.jpg

Pic taken at Suvarnabhumi Airport transit
OK, this one confirm cheaper. BTW, use Acrylic material (color will not fade so easily if this signboard is outdoor). Another thing is the bulb replacement must be easy. My signboards need to call technician if bulbs spoilt.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

This looks the most appetizing dish. For snacking even up to full meal, I love the Thai sotong satay grilled yellow with namchin dip. This big dish could make a full meal for me, without rice or noodle. But beer or whisky is a must. :wink: :biggrin:

Ram, the grill Sotong is call Muek Daek Diow. Yes, it normally goes with seafood sauce. You can also ask for the Sotong with eggs. Yeah, I am also one of those that don't take too much rice or noodle in the evening. Just Gin Gab Glaem or 配酒.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Pii Chon you old man liao ah? So early wake up even after brandy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pii Chon you old man liao ah? So early wake up even after brandy.
Hehehe. Same same. Today got go tarad or not? What's the lunch and dinner menu today?

Suddenly have a craving for Kan Chia Mee (Rickshaw noodle) and Soon Kueh. Damm jialat, me always like to crave for something not available here.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hehehe. Same same. Today got go tarad or not? What's the lunch and dinner menu today?

Suddenly have a craving for Kan Chia Mee (Rickshaw noodle) and Soon Kueh. Damm jialat, me always like to crave for something not available here.

Now driving and surfing and posting along Viphavadi/Rangsit tollway on my way to Yaowarat market. Kan-chia-mee I cannot help. There are lots of Chinese stuff not available here or must search hard in Yaowarat. Even types of noodles here very limited. Today will be buying mostly dried stuff.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Breakfast now in Chinatown

f27f6699.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think my iphone could be imitation. Still cannot figure out why the pics I take so different from yours despite using Camera+ and Camera Awesome.:*:

U guys into iPhone photography har? Use the normal camera lah, then enhance it with effect apps, better.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wanted to buy only dry stuff but ended up buying lots of fresh fish because found a stall own buy a old lady, fishes so fresh and inexpensive. Ended up buying 2 big Silver Pomfret at only 550 baht per kilo ; 2 very big black pomfrets at only 180 baht per kilo ; then I bought 2 batang whole 3.5kg and 4.4kg for only 200 baht per kilo. The big batang I gave to my friend.

Anyway I passed by a wonton noodle shop which is crowded and decided to have my second breakfast, not bad.

f2c925f9.jpg

44b49d9b.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Here's some scene of the Yaowarat market

61995c47.jpg

470d3c16.jpg

e59eeffa.jpg

e9beb0b4.jpg

b89114bb.jpg

I remembered when young we used to have this yellow coloured taogua. In Thailand yellow is salty while white is plain.

1f7539a1.jpg

This is the famous pepper shop. Chonburifc you'll like this shop but you no need to come, I bought a few bottles for you already.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Ram, the grill Sotong is call Muek Daek Diow. Yes, it normally goes with seafood sauce. You can also ask for the Sotong with eggs. Yeah, I am also one of those that don't take too much rice or noodle in the evening. Just Gin Gab Glaem or 配酒.

Pai seh Pii Chon. What we had last night is Pra-Muek-Ping (grilled sotong). Pra-Muek-Dat-Diow is in strips just like moo-dat-diow or nuer-dat-diow.