• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Thais love their chicken rice. As a matter of fact many Thai chicken rice stalls like to call their chicken rice as Hai Lam Chicken Rice or even Singapore Chicken Rice. I thought it is not necessary to do that because Thai chicken rice is unique by itself as their sauce is completely different.

One of the most popular chicken rice shop in Thailand is in Pratunam and I am sure many tourists like to visit the stalls there to try Thai chicken rice. I was nearby there today on some chores and thought I'd go there for my bunch and take some phots to post here.

WSrBo1A.jpg

This shop probably sells hundreds of chickens a day
1RbKMEy.jpg

It was only 10am and already quite busy, cannot imagine lunch and dinner crowd
xZ5tPMI.jpg

Menu
6nLHITx.jpg

Reasonably priced
6nhyF8M.jpg

Tender and juicy chicken (pretty big serving)
GHWlCkU.png

Bitter gourd soup
JGyq3uf.jpg

My 205baht (S$7.80) meal
FfchIja.jpg

Verdict: One should not compare this to Singapore's chicken rice as I said before its different. Personally I still prefer the Singapore chicken rice. But if compare to other Thai chicken rice I have to say I had tasted better ones. This shop had probably been made popular by tourists.
Come back Sinkieland go eat Ming Kee chicken rice at Bishan, also very nice ka. But price increases liao ka.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Visited a rebuild restaurant in Bangkok known as Nathong.

Over the Covid period the owners too the opportunity of shutdown to rebuild the entire restaurant. Like to share some photos here

It is now known as Nathong Terrace Bar and Restaurant heres the google map link - https://goo.gl/maps/1tGGaQDgVcre8WWu8

qBp4WAa.jpg

QuXaJDY.jpg

flkIuqM.jpg

zQ65Emm.jpg

8RR0FFW.jpg

euQ6Unr.jpg

PijOf3Y.jpg

KJnNeHN.jpg

bq6gd8E.jpg

GLRcmEx.jpg

osgWq2X.jpg

Starter - Miang Kham
5cqStIH.jpg

Bean salad
l9jHhNG.jpg

Grouper tomyam
yIKCIiF.jpg

Fried omlette oysters
JNEhPjc.jpg

Inside is big and fresh oysters and beansprouts
pjg3C3O.jpg

Seabass deep fried with fish sauce
wOVmsy2.jpg

Grilled giant river prawns
DcVXNWM.jpg

Seabass baked in salt
z2CEp4x.jpg

Thai dessert
x8FXaIv.jpg

Mango sticky rice dessert
0t5I7zK.jpg

gyK4i9g.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Now this is "peasant" food I just had for lunch today with 2 colleagues

Our Thai lunch at a countryside shop
ll70Elp.jpg

Yam pla kapong - sardines Thai salad
VMqx5cq.jpg

Khana moo - kale stir fry with sliced pork
dtkr6Ml.jpg

Krapow moo sup - minced pork stir fry with Thai basil
uEEB4MJ.jpg

Khai jeow moo sup - minced pork omelette
xp7z7AB.jpg

Tomyam kung - shrimp tomyam soup
0UnDIIX.jpg

My rice with egg
OTZreH0.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Now this is "peasant" food I just had for lunch today with 2 colleagues

Our Thai lunch at a countryside shop
ll70Elp.jpg

Yam pla kapong - sardines Thai salad
VMqx5cq.jpg

Khana moo - kale stir fry with sliced pork
dtkr6Ml.jpg

Krapow moo sup - minced pork stir fry with Thai basil
uEEB4MJ.jpg

Khai jeow moo sup - minced pork omelette
xp7z7AB.jpg

Tomyam kung - shrimp tomyam soup
0UnDIIX.jpg

My rice with egg
OTZreH0.jpg

Your images and videos are the best as always!!!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[Froggy],
Happy and Healthy New Year.
Wish you continuing success, prosperity, satisfaction, and many years of fine dining, whisky and beverages.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I recently saw this near my home. Dangerous? But I guess not much of choice for them. Wish them safe

xKcZRCW.jpg

2CUnNEZ.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Visited the Singapore Airlines lounge in Suvarnabhumi Airport last Friday while waiting for TG flight to Singapore. I always like this lounge because its got very good food.

The bar
NzirRfA.jpg

Cheese platter
kdrxQNp.jpg

Delicious chicken porridge
La5Ijb6.jpg

Nasi lemak and eggs
Hr6lOXT.jpg

Condiments for nasi lemak
yoqFJdO.jpg

My nasi lemak breakfast
jafMicW.jpg

Pork ribs
4fKMJmu.jpg

Bolognaise Spaghetti
JqRH05Z.jpg

Seafood tomyam
acmjOyn.jpg

Brocolli with mushrooms
S84mo10.jpg

Singapore style chicken rice
ILjCk63.jpg

Chicken rice
KAYMw2e.jpg

Thai desserts
4nSPgF2.jpg

1m4kmKF.jpg

9RqtC0k.jpg

uvuIejj.jpg

ALfDkYQ.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
qdkb6ha.jpg

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2479769/panel-seeks-unesco-listing-for-late-king

Panel seeks Unesco listing for late king

PUBLISHED : 11 JAN 2023 AT 04:00 NEWSPAPER SECTION: NEWS WRITER: POST REPORTERS

The Education Ministry has set up a committee tasked with collecting all of the papers Unesco would require to add His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej the Great to the list of the world's eminent personalities,...

Atthapol Sangkhawasi, the permanent secretary at the Education Ministry, said yesterday the ministry had agreed to establish a committee to oversee the collection of all relevant royal projects before...

Unesco will then send letters of consideration to all of its member countries. Any revisions must be made before the second quarter of 2025 so that the proposal can be presented at Unesco's General Conference...

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thais-...es-in-businesses-reserved-for-thai-nationals/

Thais warned against becoming foreigners’ nominees in businesses reserved for Thai nationals
January 15, 2023

FD2B2409-4BF9-4C81-9EFF-90090F847D36.png

Thai people who allow their names to be used by foreigners as nominees to open businesses reserved for Thai nationals may face prison terms of three years and/or a fine of between 100,000 baht and a million baht, said Thosapone Dansuputra, director-general of Business Development Department, today.

He said that foreigners are not allowed to open businesses selling food or drinks, as he responded to reports that Chinese businessmen had purchased a number of food shops in the Chinatown area.

He explained that foreigners who want to open a food shop must get a permission from the Business Development Department, adding that Thai people who co-invest with foreign partners in such business must show their bank accounts, to prove that they have the financial resources to invest and are not just acting as a nominee.

To take legal action against foreign businessmen who uses Thais as their nominees, he said that there must be clear evidence that their Thai partners deliberately allowed themselves to be used as nominees and concealed the fact to help the foreigners.

Thosapone said that his department has cooperated with the Labour Ministry in checking businesses which have foreigners as partners or shareholders, to find out if the businesses were properly registered.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...-exiled-former-pm-thaksin-to-seek-premiership

Daughter of Thailand's exiled former PM Thaksin to seek premiership

2022-12-26T093434Z862492248RC230Y9EW79YRTRMADP3THAILAND-POLITICS.JPG

Ms Paetongtarn Shinawatra has led opinion polls in recent months on top prime minister candidates. PHOTO: REUTERS

BANGKOK - The daughter of Thailand’s self-exiled former leader Thaksin Shinawatra has declared her readiness to run for prime minister in an election this year, as the main opposition seeks to regain power after being ousted in a coup eight years ago.

Ms Paetongtarn Shinawatra, whose father Thaksin and aunt Yingluck Shinawatra both led governments toppled by the army, will run under the Pheu Thai Party, the latest incarnation of a populist movement founded by her billionaire family two decades ago.

“Yes, I am ready,” she told reporters late on Sunday in north-east Thailand, the rural stronghold of the Shinawatras that delivered them unprecedented majorities in five elections since 2001.

“We want the party to win the election by a landslide so the promises we made to the people can be realised,” she said.

Pheu Thai, which is hugely popular among the rural and urban working classes, won most seats in the last election in 2019 but was unable to form a government.

Administrations loyal to Shinawatras have each been removed by the military or judicial rulings, adding fuel to a seemingly intractable political crisis that has ebbed and flowed in Thailand for over 17 years.

Ms Paetongtarn, 36, has attended party rallies in the past year and has led opinion polls in recent months on top prime minister candidates, far ahead of incumbent Prayuth Chan-ocha, who as army chief overthrew Ms Yingluck’s government.

Both Ms Yingluck and Mr Thaksin are living overseas to avoid jail terms handed down under military rule.

Mr Prayuth has been in charge since 2014, initially as junta leader and then prime minister picked by Parliament after a 2019 election that his critics said was held under rules designed to keep him in power. He insists he earned the role fairly.

Mr Prayuth, 68, joined the new United Thai Nation Party last week, hinting at a bid to remain premier.

He has yet to dissolve Parliament and an election must be held by May. REUTERS

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was just back from Singapore last week but its now time to go back to Singapore for the annual family Chinese New Year reunion.

But before one does that I have to prepare my own home in Bangkok for this festival. So before leaving this morning got them ready

d6Ftpqu.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Doing brunch at the SQ lounge in Suvarnabhumi Airport

Dh4jfQd.jpg

Roti with green curry (ya its weird)
XbmiKXc.jpg

Laksa (too bad its not hot)
KUPTXGN.jpg

So basically ate just a little but the beer was good

Boarded the noon flight