• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Short Holiday to see Autumn Leaves

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Taking a short break with the missus to see autumn leaves in US and Canada. We usually do this autumn leave thing in Japan but this time we thought we’d travel farther. Journey obviously started in Bangkok. Then we catch a direct flight from Singapore to New York, yes our journey shall start from New York City.

The flight is expected to take 18 hours but this is a very comfortable aircraft an Airbus 350-900.

64rzajv.jpg

Seats are super wide
cSSYKQV.jpg

Lots of legroom
0fZUpxw.jpg

Lots of storage too
hyyfZo9.jpg

7DDC2kA.jpg

Will sign in again when arrive
vDQh20u.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Over Canada’s Northern Territory now

l7aVvix.jpg

So far had 2 meals and a snack. After take off from Singapore we were served dinner

Salmon salad
d1Ge3du.jpg

Braised beef with rice
P7iJs8c.jpg

Chocolate cake
O4sW3VL.jpg

Then it was time to sleep. I think I did 6 hours, nice to be on a flat bed. When woke up was served a satay snack the peanut sauce was really good
65H5xGp.jpg

After more than an hour we were served our second meal

Starter is tuna
QsqMf3J.jpg

Seafood beehoon
MlmVMPv.jpg

The beehoon May look normal but it’s rather flavorful while the shrimp paste chili sauce were a perfect match
heQLYPC.jpg

Ended up with a very nice pudding and cheeses
jSolZNo.jpg

Mildly sweet pudding perfect for me
Rssz4Ay.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So I finally arrived Newark Airport yesterday (Wednesday) at 5.30am

Immigration was a breeze took us less than 5min from queueing to exiting to get our luggage.

Luggage trolley is rather expensive at US$6 and then it was the taxi to take us to the hotel and it costs $95 arriving in the hotel just before 7am. Check-in time was 4pm so we went for a walk around the hotel area had breakfast at McDonalds

eDKC3u4.jpg

cqhMHh5.jpg

Alnnuwo.jpg

svVoQmn.jpg

Went to the hotel at 9.30am to hang around. The night before the hotel was fully booked so we have to wait for check-outs and cleaning. I asked the hotel manager about car rental he told be there's one just next street at 25th Street a mere 5mins walk.

Was delighted to sort out my car rental on the spot. First is checking my driving license (Singapore and Thai) the staff told me its good both licenses could be use. Staff also told me car is good to drive into Canada and back just need to show the rental agreement. Also insurance is good for both US and Canada so no need anything extra. Total cost of the 10 days rental (including top insurance) was only US$1100, shockingly cheap. So I am basically all set for the trip. Will start driving on Saturday.

Very lucky also at 10.20am staff gave us the room key cards as a room was ready. Didn't go out as we slept in the hotel room till 8pm.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Since woke up late went out to buy dinner. Here're scenes of me walking from 26th to 35th

kHT2vxZ.jpg

oCmSFoP.jpg

csgI4fz.jpg

KkxuAEQ.jpg

QnnYRzS.jpg

Bought burger from here - Mooyah
b6hZONu.jpg

oyh9zBZ.jpg

The chef
rMHgBud.jpg

d73FweH.jpg

Very nice burger
QeSfg5e.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those foods are so out of your league. This place is more compatible with you.

Masa
Time Warner Center, 10 Columbus Circlefourth floorNew York10019
Cross street:at 60th St
212-823-9800

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sorry for disappearing past 5 days was busy traveling. Its now 8.20am in Quebec, we just arrived last night at 7pm. Had time to arranged the photos and upload come videos.

So my second morning there we had a great breakfast at a Johnny's Luncheonette on the next street.

mpVUSwG.jpg

lDw6zQt.jpg

Y0T5RyV.jpg

Love this place
HzvPSNA.jpg

That's Johnny
2sOSZVS.jpg

Here comes the breakfasts
joVGADs.jpg

YeL7fLx.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Times Square is simply 1.3km away from my hotel so I took a walk there here's the walking scene along 7th Avenue

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
While walking back to the hotel I came across this nice pub - Pig n Whistle Pub

ejnuwmA.jpg

SNWTgNG.jpg

Fm1nLr7.jpg

vDx1DWu.jpg

Had 2 beers and some meatballs there, really enjoyed the atmosphere
Gt8g4rK.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Oh one day in NYC I decided to see the Charging Bull so I tool the subway

enpCMia.jpg

uXrYopE.jpg

00xy6ux.jpg

1UJPQNM.jpg

f5SPtpB.jpg

Oq4QN4y.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
One morning I wanted to visit the New York Central Park so I walked there from hotel was a 40mins walk

q4lcjFm.jpg

uK5XAYu.jpg

u3pdzlp.jpg

Famous Trump Tower
uq58Z6W.jpg

zs735Qm.jpg

Arriving in Central Park
nJHRrG0.jpg

N2sbwLh.jpg

YFXhDsY.jpg

GltNSfY.jpg

Garden and city, its so relaxing
xvPGsLT.jpg

soHh4Zs.jpg

DuJaUtB.jpg

I4eXTWj.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to the Times Square again another night - NYC Time Square 24th Sep 2022, 9pm

nMH3P9X.jpg

k99zyvx.jpg

qVkVA4k.jpg

dfgyWbD.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is a nice Szechuan restaurant in NYC, very authentic. We needed something spicy

mAG3IDy.jpg

uE8VsLs.jpg

F6A6iIb.jpg

eQJrWZ8.jpg

MP9jvaw.jpg

KPXkkR0.jpg