• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A lot of moulds in Pasir Ris-Punggol, Sengkang and Choa Chu Kang new HDBs

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal

BTO ‘Mould-Gate’: When Joy for New Homes in Singapore Decays​

https://www.ricemedia.co/bto-mould-gate-when-joy-for-new-homes-in-singapore-decays/

Amidst skyrocketing rentals, climbing costs of resale flats, and constantly oversubscribed BTO flats, the mould feels like another thorn in the scruffy garden of Singapore’s real estate market.

“When I saw the news recently, I was surprised that [it wasn’t just happening in] my area, but all around Sengkang and Punggol. Look, I’m not sure about other estates, but I know around Sengkang, if you take a jog or a walk along the river, you can see the damage for yourself—it’s quite terrible.”

According to the Ministry of National Development, town councils manage general Repair & Re-decoration (R&R) works, including repainting residential blocks. For multi-storey car parks, HDB manages R&R works on a seven-year cycle.

RICE asked Pasir-Ris Punggol Town Council—which handles the maintenance of Waterway Ridge and Waterway Terrace—why mould seems to affect new BTO estates regardless of whether they are near a water body. We have not received a reply at the time of publishing this story.

We reached out to Pasir Ris-Punggol and Choa Chu Kang Town council to ask what are the Town Councils’ plans in preventing the mould from recurring but have yet to receive a response at the time of publishing.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Punggol

IMG_9252.jpg

IMG_9444-1152x1536.jpg

IMG_9445-1152x1536.jpg

IMG_9451-1152x1536.jpg

IMG_9454-1-1152x1536.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This could have been prevented if instead of pre-cast concrete you use actual bricks to build your flats. The only drawbacks are you won't build that tall and the construction takes a longer time to finish. But they're much more durable, and with the natural red-brown colour you won't need to paint over them. :cool:

Maritme-themed-HDB-flats-pasir-ris-heritage-trail.png

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very nice. Got the Angkor Wat look and feel. Seng Kang residents don't need to travel to Cambodia also can have such a mystical experience everyday

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the contractors 偷工减料? Or they might have used the inferior painting materials, rather than approved types?

You can look at the aluminium railings installed at the roads too, the green color starts to fade after just one year of installation. I am wondering did LTA really ensure the approved type of paint being used by the contractors? LTA being short changed? Any government agencies follow up the warranty given by the contractors? Yes?

Last edited:

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cos due to legal build of flats, water seepage into walls ,crack in inner flats,plus the low grade paint n also the base coat maybe water based paint,no oil base type,cos oil base more expensive now many flats inside leaking

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
we live in a penny wise pound foolish society....nothing lasts
home appliances etc etc nowadays built to spoil in a few years......guess thats how society generate jobs

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP run the country until like this and still dare to take million $ tax salary. Bloody waste of tax payers money. Clowns are meant for the circles, not parliament.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

BTO ‘Mould-Gate’: When Joy for New Homes in Singapore Decays​

https://www.ricemedia.co/bto-mould-gate-when-joy-for-new-homes-in-singapore-decays/

Amidst skyrocketing rentals, climbing costs of resale flats, and constantly oversubscribed BTO flats, the mould feels like another thorn in the scruffy garden of Singapore’s real estate market.

“When I saw the news recently, I was surprised that [it wasn’t just happening in] my area, but all around Sengkang and Punggol. Look, I’m not sure about other estates, but I know around Sengkang, if you take a jog or a walk along the river, you can see the damage for yourself—it’s quite terrible.”

According to the Ministry of National Development, town councils manage general Repair & Re-decoration (R&R) works, including repainting residential blocks. For multi-storey car parks, HDB manages R&R works on a seven-year cycle.

RICE asked Pasir-Ris Punggol Town Council—which handles the maintenance of Waterway Ridge and Waterway Terrace—why mould seems to affect new BTO estates regardless of whether they are near a water body. We have not received a reply at the time of publishing this story.

We reached out to Pasir Ris-Punggol and Choa Chu Kang Town council to ask what are the Town Councils’ plans in preventing the mould from recurring but have yet to receive a response at the time of publishing.
PAP appointed related contractors 偷工减料, somebody somewhere pocket full full. Song Bo? :biggrin: Since Teh Cheang Wan time like that, now still like that. Lol.