• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A few things to note for MotorShow 2024

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are buying a car during MotorShow 2024:

Other than your usual perks and COE-rebate level, eg. please take note of the following.

1. Many ADs are offering ten-years free servicings. Eg. Toyota Corolla, Yaris, Hyundai, etc. Try asking for it if the AD don't offer it.

2. If you are buying EV, the batteries are too expensive to replace. Every AD is giving min. 5 years EV battery warranty. Many are giving 7-8 years EV battery warranty.

3. EV has almost no resale market, you can also consider Hybrid. Many Hybrid vehicles are also giving 7-10 years Hybrid Battery warranty.

Lastly, be mindful that some brands are truly shit because their trashy ADs don't repair parts during warranty period, including the reputable ones like BMW. If you really love BMW, you can consider event cars for Singapore AirShow 2024.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I say that EV battery is more expensive than conventional auto gear box
EV Battery is many times larger than Hybrid Batteries so they cost more. Definitely EV battery costs more than gear box, therefore it is important to get long battery warranty. Eg 10 years for Hybrid, 7-8 years for EV is available.

Depending of brand, New Gear box for some Korean brand can be $10K, AD can chop your carrot heads.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cars are cheap in Canada. Replacement EV battery costs more than the car

How else for China to huat since it mines most of the lithium used to make the batteries. :wink:

But the anti-carbon globalist cult (hint: they are obsessed with the year 2030) will keep pushing EVs onto the dumb sheep.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
How else for China to huat since it mines most of the lithium used to make the batteries. :wink:

But the anti-carbon globalist cult (hint: they are obsessed with the year 2030) will keep pushing EVs onto the dumb sheep.
Other than Chile and China, many countries got huge lithium reserves but they never bother to mine or process, for the fear of pollution.

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiagong people go motoshow not to buy cars...
iu

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are buying a car during MotorShow 2024:

Other than your usual perks and COE-rebate level, eg. please take note of the following.

1. Many ADs are offering ten-years free servicings. Eg. Toyota Corolla, Yaris, Hyundai, etc. Try asking for it if the AD don't offer it.

2. If you are buying EV, the batteries are too expensive to replace. Every AD is giving min. 5 years EV battery warranty. Many are giving 7-8 years EV battery warranty.

3. EV has almost no resale market, you can also consider Hybrid. Many Hybrid vehicles are also giving 7-10 years Hybrid Battery warranty.

Lastly, be mindful that some brands are truly shit because their trashy ADs don't repair parts during warranty period, including the reputable ones like BMW. If you really love BMW, you can consider event cars for Singapore AirShow 2024.
Some are throwing in 10yrs Battery Warranty just few month ago

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know motorshow is for people to buy car. How to test drive etc?
I only been to motorshow once, I went there to imagine my Toyota starlet is a sports car and to collect decals and stickers, and of course to see chiobu.
I left the show with nice falken and art rally stickers and went to car park to chng my starlet on the spot.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I imagine the escalator area leading up to the Suntec expo halls to be a massive clusterfuck. :wink: