• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

68yrs old spore uncle give illegal loans to Filipino maids

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sounds interesting. what are the criterias needed to setup a money lending business ?

100k to start off as minimum capital. 20k bankers guarantee. Hard to find the old ah long sitting in kpts now. All of them upgraded. Sit in air con office even though these offices are only 200 sq ft.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never heard must have ex-police as partner etc.

Sorry not must have but since they review each application on case by case basis and require applicant to be 'person of good character standing'......having an ex-policeman is a shoo in (maybe got kelong factor also)
Heard that was how they do it back then and heard that was how many retired policemen who did not want to set up PI or security firms became money-lenders.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
tks for the reply. 120k only! like that anyone can start up one.

the old man used 80k, shud have topped up another 40k and register.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy I think got prev conviction of maid molest.

Anyway those maids who default on payment might have given him their body as payment.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
100k to start off as minimum capital. 20k bankers guarantee. Hard to find the old ah long sitting in kpts now. All of them upgraded. Sit in air con office even though these offices are only 200 sq ft.

If I decide to go into the money lendering business can I set my own interest rates:confused: Can I charge 20% to 30% ?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I decide to go into the money lendering business can I set my own interest rates:confused: Can I charge 20% to 30% ?

Those take loan 20%/month are desperate Do you think they will able to make repayment?
If they have choice like bank/Credit card will they take up loan from loan shark at 20%. Mostly those take Ah long loan are
1. No salary pay slip or not fix job>> will they really able to serve $10k loan or more.
2. Those whose credit card all are max out>> meaning when they cannot even make the CC repayment with must lower interest will they able to serve Ah Long loan .
Now Ah Long are smarter open up license finance and pawn shop. They become more entrepreneurship with black and white document sign. Those pawn shop are sprout like mushroom all over island is last 2 year. Only small timer Loan shark still operate in old style. Lending money still kena chase by police. Some even worst the borrower them self report to the police to catch the Ah Long.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those take loan 20%/month are desperate Do you think they will able to make repayment?
If they have choice like bank/Credit card will they take up loan from loan shark at 20%. Mostly those take Ah long loan are
1. No salary pay slip or not fix job>> will they really able to serve $10k loan or more.
2. Those whose credit card all are max out>> meaning when they cannot even make the CC repayment with must lower interest will they able to serve Ah Long loan ......

Currently those banks offering VISA, Master cards are making a killing with their high interest rates. I bet I can still make a decent return by charging a more reasonable rate, more than putting the money in the bank:rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can charge 100% monthly interest also no problem. It is now 'open' market rates. There are restrictions too - but not on the interest rate. For the low end smalltime loan for those whose income is below a certain amount, I think there is a cap on interest rate. Makes no diff. No moneylender would be keen.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Currently those banks offering VISA, Master cards are making a killing with their high interest rates. I bet I can still make a decent return by charging a more reasonable rate, more than putting the money in the bank:rolleyes:

Yes, you are correct. Returns are far better than those from the banks. There are risks involved. If into this biz, give out small loans -1k-3k. Don't go for big loans. Not worthwhile. For the 1-3k loans, family members are still able to assist if loans are defaulted.

No one in this biz charge less than 10% monthly interest. If you get that, they will 'chop head' first. 15% monthly rate is the norm.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tks for the reply. 120k only! like that anyone can start up one.

the old man used 80k, shud have topped up another 40k and register.

120k needed to start this biz. 20k cannot be used. 100k can be withdrawn to loan debtors. If offences committed or breached, your 20k will be at risk.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
120k needed to start this biz. 20k cannot be used. 100k can be withdrawn to loan debtors. If offences committed or breached, your 20k will be at risk.

$20k enough. $100k take out after register as a loan into black and white as a loan at less interest rate maybe 1%. If find customer willing to pay higher rate. Clear the 1% loan and lent it to higher rate customer.
You need to play with your mind how to roll the money. Not put inside gov coffer.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal

120k to startup a biz is really very little capital.

and this old guy lent out only 10k and made 12k profits in 6 months. not bad not bad.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can charge 100% monthly interest also no problem. It is now 'open' market rates. There are restrictions too - but not on the interest rate. For the low end smalltime loan for those whose income is below a certain amount, I think there is a cap on interest rate. Makes no diff. No moneylender would be keen.

besides high interests, you can charge 'admin fees', late payment charges, cut head etc.......a typical legal loanshark set-up can break even within a few months. That's how profitable it is.....best of all its legal and exploiting the poor and those in need.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you are correct. Returns are far better than those from the banks. There are risks involved. If into this biz, give out small loans -1k-3k. Don't go for big loans. Not worthwhile. For the 1-3k loans, family members are still able to assist if loans are defaulted.

No one in this biz charge less than 10% monthly interest. If you get that, they will 'chop head' first. 15% monthly rate is the norm.

yah small easy loans are the best.

like they say, i borrow 1k from you, i can't sleep. i borrow 100k from you, you can't sleep.