• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 5000 Teachers Resign Over 5 Years Despite Pay Raises! Become Tutors and Uber Drivers?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 5000 Teachers Resign Over 5 Years Despite Pay Raises! Become Tutors and Uber Driv

If my kids do well in their studies because of tuition, they stand a much better chance of getting a top government scholarship.

In the unlikely event that they can't hack it as a scholar or in the private sector, they can also go work as private tutors and rake in big bucks giving tuition like that phang chap. I have old school friends who are passing their time working as tutors. They tell me the hourly wage is very good and they make in 2 hours what most lowly paid people earn in one full day of work.

agreed,thats a prefect description of how the education system and meritocracy pyramid system awards sinkies in singapore.scholars gets all the best jobs in the civil service,a fresh NUS grad captain in his twenties can easily command 5k pay in the SAF and be in charge of all the other losers who didnt go to jc,a lieutenant colonel in his 30s easily 10k a month,then theres the Principals and vice principals of secondary schools and primary schools and the countless HODs and departmental heads,all the different ministries from the ministry of defence,to ministry of health to ministry of education,ministry of environment,ministry of home affairs with countless of ranks and promotions that u can achieve.the entire civil service is one gigantic feeding trough consisting of different ministries with fantastical budgets in the tens of billions....and all u have to do is be a scholar and be mediocre and good at administrative paper work.

and in case things dont work out in the civil service,there is always the tuition business where hundreds of peasants queue up to throw money at u in the hopes that their offspring can be scholars one day too.

why slog and slave in the private sector or be hawkers and taxi drivers and security guards when u can be a scholar?krafty's biggest regret in life is the day he left his comfortable cushy engineering job in ST eng and became a taxi driver.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 5000 Teachers Resign Over 5 Years Despite Pay Raises! Become Tutors and Uber Driv

the ladies can do freelance too.:biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My kids are Singaporeans, very high class elite Singaporeans. We are not chinks, former chinks turn new citizens, pinays, viet, or some hillbilly from the third world ASEAN region. So not possible for my kids to be hookers.

Your kids are second class lah, just because they are sinkees. PAP policy is to put foreigners first, sinkees second.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your kids are second class lah, just because they are sinkees. PAP policy is to put foreigners first, sinkees second.

sinkies are not even second class. based on the pyramid scheme, it is familee on top, inner circle with selected scholars next, followed by pappies, then ang mo, then ah tiong and ah neh, co-opted jiu hu kia including pinoy and burmese, and lastly sinkies. sixth point ninth (6.9) class to be exact. bangla and other construction workers and road cleaners are out of the scheme and can be considered no class or outcaste.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sinkies are not even second class. based on the pyramid scheme, it is familee on top, inner circle with selected scholars next, followed by pappies, then ang mo, then ah tiong and ah neh, co-opted jiu hu kia including pinoy and burmese, and lastly sinkies. sixth point ninth (6.9) class to be exact. bangla and other construction workers and road cleaners are out of the scheme and can be considered no class or outcaste.

Wah lau, you really know how to ruin my day.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

agreed,thats a prefect description of how the education system and meritocracy pyramid system awards sinkies in singapore.scholars gets all the best jobs in the civil service...

Your lumber so low arh? I know of have never worked for their parent ministry yet good back for masters making 8K will in early twenties and LCs making quarter million a year. Hell, last time some joker leaving MFA but consider elite material in the past was drawing quarter million at 30s. Complain job tough some more.