• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 5000 Teachers Resign Over 5 Years Despite Pay Raises! Become Tutors and Uber Drivers?

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 5000 Teachers Resign Over 5 Years Despite Pay Raises! Become Tutors and Uber Driv

you are then the frog in the well! ah john knows a lot better than the nit wits hanging day in day out here.:biggrin:

Please do not disagree or criticise this nick otherwise he will label you as naive or narrow. He is right all of the time this anti Singapore nick.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 5000 Teachers Resign Over 5 Years Despite Pay Raises! Become Tutors and Uber Driv

They only think they are overworked because they have not been in the private sector.
I have seen a few who joined the private sector and return to teaching because they cannot take the pressure in the private sector-where's there also the additional pressure of being sacked anytime if you do not perform or make serious errors.

Its basically due to expectations- I think those who left are because they expect a simple teaching job but-and cannot even handle some admin matters?
Opting out to be a private tutor says a lot about a person.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiya... these journalists worry too much! If teachers overwork in school, there be natural attrition to open private tuition centers. As more and more tution centers emerge, they become more price competitive and less teachers tempted to quit their fulltime jobs. Let the free markets decide how things should be, not pay more reduce workload and all that rubbish which simply makes teachers less and less productive. Talk less, do more, understand or not? :rolleyes:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singkie Teacher lack the drive to succeed. They want a lot of money but don't want the stress. If

Totally agree.

Your gabrament should consider employing more teachers from India. Degrees awarded by Mumbai universities are highly valued by Sinkie authorities.

Indian teachers have strong drive to succeed.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Beginning today and for the next four days, your Prime Ministar is on an official visit to India where he'll witness the signing of many MOUs.

I hope that he'll be able to find 5,000 Indian teachers who are willing to teach in Zikapore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I saw that. She did not articulate the issues well.

Firstly the class sizes are ridiculously big. Now that we have to be politically correct, every kid with discipline problems disrupting the class must be handled with kid's gloves. He or she not only has to handle the parents of kids having issues but also handle high maintenance parents calling up to check on silly things such as secrets of scoring As. Secondly the role of teacher has evolved from teaching to student management which is not only a Singapore issue but a world issue.

So an average teacher has to handle students, parents, HODs and the Principle. Highly matrixed and not sustainable and the only way for many teachers is to cut corners or leave.

I vaguely recall an episode on CNA during this September. I thought you guys might have missed it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1138062399549769&id=158552314167454

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal

The entire country is farked left right Center!

PAP garmen is becoming from worse to shit!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Moe should consider installing cctv in every class rooms and give teachers full rights to carry out punishment . Or else is like asking animals trainer to tame animals without any precaution.

spanking_Photo.jpg

smtimes slapping get too hard it can become kinky n bring out the animal in them

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

become insurance agents, property agents and car sales agents.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

From your myopic and often silly postings here, I am not surprised that you dont know a lot of things.

Walau. Why u say my sir John like that :eek:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the teaching profession has the following problems:
-rising number of molestors - gays or otherwise
-rising expectations of parents - teachers cannot physically punish their children without written approval, contrast this to our times, parents will turn up to thank teachers for disciplining the children
-rising expectations of principals - schools are being run as commercial entities, with PSLE distinctions, O Levels distinctions, etc something like financial returns, to be bragged and compared school vs school, even if this is not made public, the principal's performance is based on such, and cascade down to teacher's performance.
-the same problem as admin services - a teacher with years of experience is overlooked and not given promotion to next level - HOD, principal but scholars with not a gram of idea how to teach / coach students being named principals or HODs. Experienced teachers get disillusioned and leave.

Look at that Melvin & Ong guy - you think they can run the MOE well? Whoever heard of a car with 2 steering wheels?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tats good la....so we can employ budget teachers from prc, india, philippine, they resigned forcing us to employ foreigners hor, cannot blame govt leh hahahah

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

They only think they are overworked because they have not been in the private sector.
I have seen a few who joined the private sector and return to teaching because they cannot take the pressure in the private sector-where's there also the additional pressure of being sacked anytime if you do not perform or make serious errors.

Its basically due to expectations- I think those who left are because they expect a simple teaching job but-and cannot even handle some admin matters?
Opting out to be a private tutor says a lot about a person.

What does opting to be a private tutor say about this person?
20141111-tutor-st.jpg

SINGAPORE - Mr Phang Yu Hon, 47, is a tuition millionaire and shows his income tax records readily to prove how much he earns and what he pays in taxes each year.

It took just two years for him to double his income from about half a million dollars in 2009 to $1 million in 2011.

All from teaching physics, and mostly to students from top schools such as Raffles Institution, Hwa Chong Institution and National Junior College - many already doing well, but keen to make sure they continue scoring As.

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/hot-jobs/news/meet-the-millionaire-tutor#sthash.dvsOAUYx.dpuf

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What does opting to be a private tutor say about this person?

Hi sir, there is a danger of over studying. Smart student study too much and become stupid .
走火入魔 I'm sure u know. Please terminate your children's tuition, if any.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hi sir, there is a danger of over studying. Smart student study too much and become stupid .
走火入魔 I'm sure u know. Please terminate your children's tuition, if any.

If my kids do well in their studies because of tuition, they stand a much better chance of getting a top government scholarship.

In the unlikely event that they can't hack it as a scholar or in the private sector, they can also go work as private tutors and rake in big bucks giving tuition like that phang chap. I have old school friends who are passing their time working as tutors. They tell me the hourly wage is very good and they make in 2 hours what most lowly paid people earn in one full day of work.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

If my kids do well in their studies because of tuition, they stand a much better chance of getting a top government scholarship.

In the unlikely event that they can't hack it as a scholar or in the private sector, they can also go work as private tutors and rake in big bucks giving tuition like that phang chap. I have old school friends who are passing their time working as tutors. They tell me the hourly wage is very good and they make in 2 hours what most lowly paid people earn in one full day of work.

u shoud mingle with prostitutes n pimps. get them to help ur kids join the skin trade. hourly rates and up close and personal interaction can b beri rewarding

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

u shoud mingle with prostitutes n pimps. get them to help ur kids join the skin trade. hourly rates and up close and personal interaction can b beri rewarding

My kids are Singaporeans, very high class elite Singaporeans. We are not chinks, former chinks turn new citizens, pinays, viet, or some hillbilly from the third world ASEAN region. So not possible for my kids to be hookers.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

My kids are Singaporeans, very high class elite Singaporeans. We are not chinks, former chinks turn new citizens, pinays, viet, or some hillbilly from the third world ASEAN region. So not possible for my kids to be hookers.
Elite can charge courtesan fee. Got backpack page n see. But you charge smthg than offer free mangoes to mp esp that botak type