• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

50-cent breakfast for elderly, bad!

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I would say how is much its cost to provide the 3 basic meals a day for an elderly (those under financial assistance scheme).

WP must has their own caterer to provide such assistance to help those poor elderly.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually its a good deal, no complains

i agree. good meals for the seniors. well done.

next lunch: one dollar for rice,vegetables and some meat. enough for me.

dinnner: one dollar for rice, vegetables and fish.some fruits. enough for me.

then join wellness clubs. free.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally I would say how is much its cost to provide the 3 basic meals a day for an elderly (those under financial assistance scheme).

WP must has their own caterer to provide such assistance to help those poor elderly.
they will ask you whether you want to eat hawker center, restaurant......and even deliver to you.

btw think this cheapskate publicity stunt got nothing to do with WP.........gerrymendered until Hougang ave 8 falls under Ponggol!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i agree. good meals for the seniors. well done.

next lunch: one dollar for rice,vegetables and some meat. enough for me.

dinnner: one dollar for rice, vegetables and fish.some fruits. enough for me.

then join wellness clubs. free.

Every meal only $1. All close shop very soon.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Every meal only $1. All close shop very soon.

only those social welfare uncles and aunties lah....not all. some seniors very rich. i know one auntie who has $600K fixed deposit ( toto ) and she goes around begging and collecting cans!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not surprise by the intiative and imho, it just an extension of what eric low, sitoh and desmond choo did. despite the misleading name of punggol south, it really hougang ave 8, the part where it was chopped off from aljunied grc to amk grc in the false hope that it will help pap retain aljunied. it the heart of the old changsan estate, the part where the residents consistently voted for WP.

pap dun seems to understand that all this wayangs are useless. sometime throwing money at disgruntled ppl are useless, feel more insulted instead.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The sad reality is that it will. Singaporeans only care about "food on the table" and "bread and butter". :rolleyes:
You sure that piece of toast got butter on it? I think kaya also dun have.
Of course I did not see/eat it for myself....so I am just assuming

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kudos to the pappies for a great strategy. literally kill two birds with one stone. keep them fed minimally to win sympathy votes and shorten lives of old, feeble and useless.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why such good deal only available to Punggol south? Their grass root uses whose $$$ to pay for the coupons...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You sure that piece of toast got butter on it? I think kaya also dun have.
Of course I did not see/eat it for myself....so I am just assuming

For 50cts, what do you expect? freshly bake bread on the spot? , freshly laid eggs from the cockerel at the back of the coffeeshop? you want kaya, 'goo u"? planta's " ma ja lin" that is all you get, if you are lucky? freshly roasted coffee beans kopi? first grade tea leaves, teh? you dream..what you want, "tak q" ( Milo) or "all wah tian" ( Ovaltine) for 50cts..."Oliver" is want more gruel!

Thank these gods, for 50cts, you get to eat...and these old folks had been screwed day in & day out...they only deserve 50c what a shame!:p

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
they will ask you whether you want to eat hawker center, restaurant......and even deliver to you.

btw think this cheapskate publicity stunt got nothing to do with WP.........gerrymendered until Hougang ave 8 falls under Ponggol!

That fine. I am not suggesting hawker center or restaurants.

Just pay someone like a housewife (in her HDB flats) to cook at least 2 meals a day (lunch & dinner) for the poor elderly with a collection point for daily meals.

Whether WP to organise it or some other organisations... I dun know.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those old folks who go for the coupons (probably need to show proof of age, fill in forms etc)
then go to eat their 50cents breakfast....
then probalby still must shake the ministar's hands who is there to wayang for TV cameras......
then still kena interview by MSM.....

They should ask themselves who did they voted for and how come it has come to this?

Last edited:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sad reality is that it will. Singaporeans only care about "food on the table" and "bread and butter". :rolleyes:

Everyone in this world care about "food on the table" and "bread and butter" not only Singaporeans.

Foreigners are need to eat ... dun be so bias in your statements

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone in this world care about "food on the table" and "bread and butter" not only Singaporeans.

Foreigners are need to eat ... dun be so bias in your statements

When did I say everyone else don't care about those things? I said Sinkies only care about "food on the table" and "bread and butter". People from other countries have a more holistic outlook in life. There is much more to life than chicken rice, iphones, condos and BMWs. Sinkies are such low-level animals :rolleyes: