• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

5-year-old girl killed: Impreza driver negligent, says coroner

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real problem was, Mat mod his car but did not mod his brain!

But that is if he had any ( brain) to begin with!:biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
More likely the girl get stuck to the carriage and dragged for 44m.
Dumb driver + shitty car is a fatal combination

If u never own a Subie, don't call it a shitty car, or else, I have to call u a dumb motherfucker. Got it?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If u never own a Subie, don't call it a shitty car, or else, I have to call u a dumb motherfucker. Got it?

this is the only car he owned ...dont be hard on him :wink:

imagesCA82J6C4.jpg

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Wait, I Tot Ah Tiong Old Fart Shld No Tis

anybody here wants to donate money to the prc victim parents ?

Donate to this PRC family? Never! After Huang Na's case, what used to be basic human kindness of donating $ to grieving family has become money making opportunities for the PRCs...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Donate to this PRC family? Never! After Huang Na's case, what used to be basic human kindness of donating $ to grieving family has become money making opportunities for the PRCs...

thats the way to go ...want to donate also donate to singaporean family ..and also not through charity .

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell that to vamjok :biggrin:

this is the case where the kid run off to the road, not the car losing control. if not the grandfather also up lorry already.

p/s: i am not saying the driver is not at fault at all. to me negligence of the granddad plays a very serious role here.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

thats the way to go ...want to donate also donate to singaporean family ..and also not through charity .

yah i also do not trust charity anymore. i rather go down market buy the food and give the family myself

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is the case where the kid run off to the road, not the car losing control. if not the grandfather also up lorry already.

p/s: i am not saying the driver is not at fault at all. to me negligence of the granddad plays a very serious role here.

yah i also do not trust charity anymore. i rather go down market buy the food and give the family myself

My son exactly. Parents and guardians must take care of and control children and not blame others when accidents happen. Help your relatives and friends. Don't need to go through charity supposedly helping strangers but mostly end up as their salary.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

yes...thats right ..or can give the money to them directly ..

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My son exactly. Parents and guardians must take care of and control children and not blame others when accidents happen. Help your relatives and friends. Don't need to go through charity supposedly helping strangers but mostly end up as their salary.

Kindly read the report:

"'In my opinion, it was negligent to travel at such a high speed along a road near a bus stop serving a densely populated estate,' noted Coroner Soh.

The fatal accident could have been averted if the motorist had been more careful, said the coroner.

It is now up to the Attorney-General's Chambers to decide if Mr Tijan is to be prosecuted.

The impact of the collision with Mr Tijan's Subaru Impreza flung Lin Qian about 44m. She died of severe head injuries at the scene.

Mr Tijan, who declined to testify at the inquiry last month, had told the police he realised his car had hit something only when he heard a loud bang.

Investigators also found no brake marks on the road to indicate that the car had tried to stop prior to the collision.

Instead, the souped-up car came to a halt some 15m to 20m away.

Contrary to what Mr Tijan had told police, investigations revealed there were no vehicles obstructing the motorist's view.

Coroner Soh said that even if Mr Tijan had not seen the 1.2m-tall girl, her grandfather, right behind her, would have been visible.

Witnesses told police that the car had also accelerated suddenly just prior to the collision and this would have cut down the time available for the driver to slow down or adopt evasive action, added the coroner.

Lawyers said that if there was a prosecution and conviction for causing death through a negligent act, it would strengthen civil action taken by a victim's family.

The court was told that the Traffic Police would be liaising with the Land Transport Authority on prosecuting the car salesman on the illegal modifications done on his Impreza."

There is no blame game here. No matter the circumstances the driver was speeding, not paying attention and driving an illegally modified car. All these points to the fact he was in the wrong and subsequently found to be negligent. For someone who claims to be a former policeman i find your comments to contradict common law.

An innocent life was taken, whether FT or otherwise is not the issue. It is just sad that it happened and reminds everyone to be more careful when crossing roads especially with young kids.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

""In my opinion, it was negligent to travel at such a high speed along a road near a bus stop serving a densely populated estate,' noted Coroner Soh."

I am confused. Is it the Coroner's position to comment if the driver was negligent? And whether the area is densely populated? Or the driver was at high speed? Who the stoopid reporter who put in this comment?

Tonychatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, Tijan Syafiq Selamat, 29, was jailed for a week for negligent driving that caused her death.

This Sinkie m&d was lucky to have gotten away so lightly. Killing a foreign talent should be tantamount to the worst crime in this country.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Is the guy driving a WRX?
WRX is a great car....it the driver that is lousy

According to dumbshit Lemans2011, WRX is a shitty car. This cock sucker probably don't own a drivers licence, much less a real car. Unlike him, I actually own a Subie. I have money to buy Audi A4, BMW 3 series, etc. After much research, I bought a Subie, simply because this a driver's car. The german brands are all overpriced, unreliable pieces, bought by snob people who have more money than brains.

Tonychatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to dumbshit Lemans2011, WRX is a shitty car. This cock sucker probably don't own a drivers licence, much less a real car. Unlike him, I actually own a Subie. I have money to buy Audi A4, BMW 3 series, etc. After much research, I bought a Subie, simply because this a driver's car. The german brands are all overpriced, unreliable pieces, bought by snob people who have more money than brains.

U are like the typical Sinkie - classless. If Sinkies like u feel German brands are overpriced, then dun buy! But a lowlife Sinkie like u need to insult rich people who bought German cars.

Subaru is a driver's car? Which version you driving?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tonychatter said:
U are like the typical Sinkie - classless. If Sinkies like u feel German brands are overpriced, then dun buy! But a lowlife Sinkie like u need to insult rich people who bought German cars.

Subaru is a driver's car? Which version you driving?

In fact with the increasing level of COE, the new normal, it makes more sense to buy German cars, if you can afford the "slight" premium as a large part of the car's total price comes from the COE.