• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

40 apply to my restaurant in one day

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, its a common perception. I am looking for such cases to see the balance. I am also aware that rentals are a major concern and if you can't nip that, then cheaper staff are the way to go to survive.

Overall the FT policy can only work if Singaporeans are gainfully employed and not displaced for the wrong reasons.

Hopefully other employers can share their views so a better picture can be created.

The only way to work is to be a boss or self-employed in sinkieland.

Forget about getting employed, that is not the thing in sinkieland. Unless you work in the govt.

Over here, i still hear so many talking about getting a job. That is a very risky thing to do in sinkieland. Of course if you desire to work for the govt, then that is another story.

Last edited:

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
After face to face interviews a woman from Shandong won hands down. She has relevant F&B experience and had deep knowledge about Chinese cuisine. I walked her through the kitchen and she even demo to me her ability to handle various implements. I was very impressed how skilfully she handled the knife when deboned and fillet the fish. Even my tao chiu respect. She has basic grasp of English.

She will fly back to China for Chinese New Year on Friday but the job will be waiting for her when she returns two weeks later. I am very lucky to get this good catch. I have a Chinese guy on standby if I need extra help - from Jilin, quite a big muscular guy and good for heavy work.

The others were all okay but too bad, only one vacancy perhaps two. Food business is still going strong despite economicdownturn becuase people still need to eat. And my restaurant is low to middle priced, not high end, so volume should hold.

Sexy or not?

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
After face to face interviews a woman from Shandong won hands down. She has relevant F&B experience and had deep knowledge about Chinese cuisine. I walked her through the kitchen and she even demo to me her ability to handle various implements. I was very impressed how skilfully she handled the knife when deboned and fillet the fish. Even my tao chiu respect. She has basic grasp of English.

She will fly back to China for Chinese New Year on Friday but the job will be waiting for her when she returns two weeks later. I am very lucky to get this good catch. I have a Chinese guy on standby if I need extra help - from Jilin, quite a big muscular guy and good for heavy work.

The others were all okay but too bad, only one vacancy perhaps two. Food business is still going strong despite economicdownturn becuase people still need to eat. And my restaurant is low to middle priced, not high end, so volume should hold.
You were looking for a waiter/kitchen helper. From what I observe in restaurants in Singapore, this is not a real waiter job, but someone to bring food to the table to be served by another wait staff. The real wait staff will be too busy serving customers to double as a kitchen helper, not to mention the mess on their uniforms.

As such, the little English and the knife skills are not neccesary to the job, but a bonus.

So question is, out of the other 39 applicants, no locals can perform this particular job?

Seriously, if these cheap labor are not so readily made availble by the PAP, are you saying you will not be able to fill the position?

Of course, you may have to pay a little more, so your labor cost goes up, which means you may have to increase price. But hey, if every restaurant faces the same issue and raises price as a result, I do not see how consumers can make noise.

On the other hand, with a source for cheap labor, some restaurants will make use of it. Thus artificially keeping their prices low. Other restaurants will have no choice but to follow suit (hire cheap labor).

Who loses in the end? The low-income locals who makes third-world wages but live in a first world economy.

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will you ever engage perm sec Tan should he present himself
with his certificate for that 5 week French cooking course?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
whoa tonight business was extremely good because of run up to Chinese New Year. I think next two weeks will be solid but after that people will tighten belts. Still they need to eat and my attractive value prices will be helpful

Tharman's Budget to subsidise 12% of worker's pay is damn solid, but must wait for details what kind of staff qualify.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
whoa tonight business was extremely good because of run up to Chinese New Year. I think next two weeks will be solid but after that people will tighten belts. Still they need to eat and my attractive value prices will be helpful

Tharman's Budget to subsidise 12% of worker's pay is damn solid, but must wait for details what kind of staff qualify.
Your business qualifies and all your staff qualify. The cap is $900 max per worker per quarter. The salary based on previous quarter will be used. No need to apply. Credit will come from IRAS every quarter. Must be on CPF payroll.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your business qualifies and all your staff qualify. The cap is $900 max per worker per quarter. The salary based on previous quarter will be used. No need to apply. Credit will come from IRAS every quarter. Must be on CPF payroll.

Don't think all staff qualify, only citizens and PRs. The budget speech said Singaporeans, definitely not work permit holders. On average waiter pay $1,100, so 12% is $132 each month per staff.

Anyway not easy for Singaporeans with or without the help but I still believe it is not necessary to overowrk to overspend, just enough for basics will do

Last edited:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah, checked twice.

applies only to locals and PR on CPF

but never mind, anything is better than nothing

still restaurant business is thriving, especially low to middle priced ones like mine. as long as food is good, people will come for good value for money

ox year huat ah!

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah, checked twice.

applies only to locals and PR on CPF

but never mind, anything is better than nothing

still restaurant business is thriving, especially low to middle priced ones like mine. as long as food is good, people will come for good value for money

ox year huat ah!

Any posting comes from you is totally fucking BULLSHIT!!!!

You are foreigner, and you have deliberately condemning local taxi driver, and expect singapore fucking govt to open up foreigner to take up taxi and kill local taxi drivers.

And now you claimed you are hiring while you have already lost your regular job and therefore you are hoping singapore fucking govt to offer you to drive a taxi.

You are fucking retarded!!

Your idea is to continue to work in singapore, and spits on singaporean for your self-benefit, you are doing so because singapore fucking govt has led by example.

If any of your words can prove me wrong (with evidence), I let you cut my precious balls as compensation.

In the meantime, fuck off where you come from.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very perceptive man with keen observation skills Nissan VIP! Should not have allowed your arguments with ILP to upset you so much that you withdrew yourself from participating more actively! A long and sharp memory is required to catch frauds! To catch mudskippers you need a long and thick cock to shaft it into their mouths!:biggrin::biggrin::p:p:smile::smile:

Last edited:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
To Nissan VIP:

I forgive you for your swear words. Maybe you are a taxi driver. I don't know.

In my previous threads I condemned taxi drivers but I also did qualify that a small minority are okay. Only a very small minority are okay, maybe the 2,000 out of the 52,000 driving, the rest losers

I asked for the govt to open the taxi market so that foriegners can drive with the purpose of raising standards. Singaporeans are too pampered and need these foreigners to wake them up.

Many taxi drivers are losers. they are able to survive only because the government provides protection. Yet they yaya like to judge others and think every PRC woman is a hooker and make stupid comments.

My staff don't like to stir up shit but I told them next time just keep handphone recording function on. If the driver too much, I will take the clip to Comfort and make sure the driver kena punished so he will wake up.

Without goevrnment nanny, 9 out of 10 taxi drivers cannot make it.

That s a fact.

I care about service standards not protectionism

If Singaporeans are strong, they will survive. Protectionism makes us weaker in the long run.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I asked for the govt to open the taxi market so that foriegners can drive with the purpose of raising standards. Singaporeans are too pampered and need these foreigners to wake them up.

Can you choose the cab you want to take at the taxi stand? How do you know which cabbie is good? BTW i will try to avoid eatery which hire mainly PRC, their hygiene is very poor.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Singaporeans are strong, they will survive. Protectionism makes us weaker in the long run.

I also care about service standards. Pls let us know which restaurant u work at so I can avoid it like the plague.

golden

Alfrescian
Loyal
- lowest expected salary $900 with lodging and food, highest expected $1,900!!! (lol)

what's the difference in salary?

u hire the PRC meimei at $900.
u provide lodging -say $450,
free meals - say $300

total will be $1650.
u can get a local with at $1200 with 10% cpf will be $1320 only..its cheaper than the PRC..

the only benefit is u have a young sexy prc who maybe give u some "fringe benifit" on the side..haha:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
u can get a local with at $1200 with 10% cpf will be $1320 only..its cheaper than the PRC..

Yeah but he'd then have to put up with that fucked up Sinkie attitude! :rolleyes: Nothing in life is worse than having to deal with a sinkie employee.