• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

365 days evil Scripture Reading ;)

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Way Atheists Can Prove That God Don't Exist

come on, you cast all your faith into an ancient foreign jewish religion. who is the one that is misled?

your pastors/preachers/religious leaders have you by your balls, so you cant think out of the box now.

i love how deluded religious believers like you that keep going in circle about how true the bible is. you really cant get your head above the m&d to see the real world, can you?

I can't convince you if don't want to have an open mind. Why old dogs or people cannot be taught ? They have grown resistance to new things. They will tell you that the axe is better than the chain saw. How can this be ? Right. In term of technology, new things seem to be better and faster.

But, science do not have all the answers. Even scientists are against another scientists regarding strange and unreined theories which make no sense. I didn't say this, I quote from a well known American scientist.

No sample, no experiment, fuzzy data, etc. How to trust these things from the so-called science ? This is sci-fi ! And there will be atheists who will be willing to believe this ? What a laughingstock ! In the first place they say God cannot be proven, cannot be seen, etc. and now you people can believe the unbelievable ? I call this hypocrisy or idiotic. It's either you folks have character problems or intelligence problems.

If you want to progress, you need to have an open mind. By closing it, you will always be in the rut till the day you rust away for good. That's advice to you folks.

[video=youtube;DYhe6WYIBqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYhe6WYIBqU[/video]

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
What A Shame !

imagesCA03KGUG.jpg

" God must exist in order for the world to exist. Period !"

have you took large amount of LSD ? every min you are getting silly :wink: whahahahaah period :wink:

christain are the world most delusional human being who believe in talking snake and try every means to proof its real whahahahahaha:wink:

I can see that your replies are getting weaker by the day. What a shame ! Getting support fire also no use. You people are just being stubborn, that's all.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: What A Shame !

I can see that your replies are getting weaker by the day. What a shame ! Getting support fire also no use. You people are just being stubborn, that's all.

my replies getting weaker ? why dont you just say you are getting more delusion :wink:

so ...do you believe in condom monster ? why you so stubborn ? :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: No Way Atheists Can Prove That God Don't Exist

I can't convince you if don't want to have an open mind. Why old dogs or people cannot be taught ? They have grown resistance to new things. They will tell you that the axe is better than the chain saw. How can this be ? Right. In term of technology, new things seem to be better and faster.

But, science do not have all the answers. Even scientists are against another scientists regarding strange and unreined theories which make no sense. I didn't say this, I quote from a well known American scientist.

No sample, no experiment, fuzzy data, etc. How to trust these things from the so-called science ? This is sci-fi ! And there will be atheists who will be willing to believe this ? What a laughingstock ! In the first place they say God cannot be proven, cannot be seen, etc. and now you people can believe the unbelievable ? I call this hypocrisy or idiotic. It's either you folks have character problems or intelligence problems.

If you want to progress, you need to have an open mind. By closing it, you will always be in the rut till the day you rust away for good. That's advice to you folks.

yes science might not have all the answer but each and everyday science is debunking your cult bits by bits :wink: its a big step already ...and whats make you think that the bible written by human in stone age have all the answer ? :wink:

[video=youtube;HnC1DojrN0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnC1DojrN0o&feature=related[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bible Quote for May 21

Punish Illegitimate Children

So it is with a woman who leaves her husband and presents him with an heir by another man. For first of all, she has disobeyed the law of the Most High; second, she has committed an offense against her husband; and third, through her fornication she has committed adultery and brought forth children by another man. She herself will be brought before the assembly, and her punishment will extend to her children. Her children will not take root, and her branches will not bear fruit. (Sirach 23:22-25 NRSV)

simi lanjiao ? her punishment will extend to her children ? :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I disagree. You are interpreting the verse to suit your own agenda and crusade against the bible. An objective person will not see murder, violence and abuse in this particular verse. All the verse says is that children have a tendency to act foolishly (as all parents will testify to) and they need to be disciplined in order to outgrow that foolishness. Most if not all parents would agree with this wholeheartedly. No where in this verse does it say that we should beat/cane the child half to death in order to "get what we want from the kid".

Don't agree with what I say ? Ask fishbuff. Even fishbuff has agreed that murder, violence and abuse is not found in this particular verse (but in other parts of the bible) - see post #168.

" You are interpreting the verse to suit your own agenda and crusade against the bible" .

I DID NOT ADD A WORD OR TAKEOUT A SINGLE WORD FROM THE BIBLE IN THIS EVIL BIBLE THREAD :wink:

" An objective person will not see murder, violence and abuse in this particular verse " .

SORRY ...ITS NOT AN OBJECTIVE PERSON ..ITS DELUSIONAL PERSON WILL NOT SEE MURDER , VIOLENCE AND ABUUSE IN THIS VERSE :wink:

" All the verse says is that children have a tendency to act foolishly (as all parents will testify to) and they need to be disciplined in order to outgrow that foolishness "

YES , KIDS NEED TO BE DISCIPLINED SOMETIMES ...BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT BY USING ROD MEANS YOU ARE TEACHING YOUR KIDS . YOU ARE TEACHING YOUR KID THAT BY USING VIOLENCE AND ABUSE CAN MAKE A PERSON LISTEN ..I FEEL SAD FOR YOUR KID ...REALLY .

" Don't agree with what I say ? Ask fishbuff. Even fishbuff has agreed that murder, violence and abuse is not found in this particular verse (but in other parts of the bible) - see post #168 " .

EVEN IF FISHBUFF AGREE THAT MURDER , VIOLENCE AND ABUSE IS NOT FOUND IN THAT VERSE , DOES IT MEAN THAT I HAVE TO AGREE TOO ...NO WONDER YOU HAVE BLIND FAITH BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO FOLLOW PPL AROUND :wink:

omnia1

Alfrescian
Loyal
" An objective person will not see murder, violence and abuse in this particular verse " .

SORRY ...ITS NOT AN OBJECTIVE PERSON ..ITS DELUSIONAL PERSON WILL NOT SEE MURDER , VIOLENCE AND ABUUSE IN THIS VERSE
I disagree. On the contrary, it is a delusional person, or someone with an extremely poor grasp of the English Language, or more likely, someone with extreme biasness against the bible that will see "murder, violence and abuse" in the verse: "Folly is close to the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him."

In fact, I dare say that you will see "murder, violence and abuse" in a piece of stone if the bible talks about stones ... lol. Honestly, with the way you interpret this verse, you give all atheists a bad name.

" Don't agree with what I say ? Ask fishbuff. Even fishbuff has agreed that murder, violence and abuse is not found in this particular verse (but in other parts of the bible) - see post #168 " .

EVEN IF FISHBUFF AGREE THAT MURDER , VIOLENCE AND ABUSE IS NOT FOUND IN THAT VERSE , DOES IT MEAN THAT I HAVE TO AGREE TOO ...NO WONDER YOU HAVE BLIND FAITH BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO FOLLOW PPL AROUND :wink:
No you don't have to agree with fishbuff but it does show that even someone from your side of the court agrees with my interpretation of this verse ... lol.

By the way, message to fishbuff: drifter calls you a "delusional person" since you don't see "murder, violence and abuse" in the verse like he does :biggrin:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

stupid video removed..

Wow, a christian chastising us non-believers for not having an open mind!

Read the title of this thread again. Drifter did not add his own words to the bible scriptures. Don't go around in cricles explaining yourself.

Acts of violence, revenge are abound in the bible.

I quote from the first post again:

And now the LORD Almighty says: Because you have not listened to me, I will gather together all the armies of the north under King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, whom I have appointed as my deputy. I will bring them all against this land and its people and against the other nations near you. I will completely destroy you and make you an object of horror and contempt and a ruin forever. I will take away your happy singing and laughter. The joyful voices of bridegrooms and brides will no longer be heard. Your businesses will fail, and all your homes will stand silent and dark. This entire land will become a desolate wasteland. (Jeremiah 25:8-11 NLT)

As a believer you have take it words LITERALLY, in its entirely. No ifs and buts. Don't make excuses for it. The bible is an evil book that teaches to you to love your cats and dogs and 'turn the other cheek' when you kena slapped, but god/jesus lives by a differeent set of rules where he will infract and zap you into non-existence if you even dare to laugh at him. So much for leading by deeds and example LOL.

Last edited:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

........Acts of violence, revenge are abound in the bible.......

Yes....Bible especially in the OT is full of violence (and revenge), and it climax in the NT when Jesus was violently crucified by the Roman. If you don't understand what violence is all about, the crucifixion of Jesus on the Cross of Calvary summarises it.

We are warned not to take revenge on others. Whatever injustices we have experienced - either personally or indirectly because our friends or relatives have suffered injustices - we have to leave it to God take the revenge on our behalf or on their behalif because one of God's businesses is to take revenge: Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord (Romans 12:19)

Especially during the time before Israel got earthly kings to rule them, we read in the OT of God's involvement in the 'warfares and battles' between the Israelites and the non-Isrealites like the Egyptians. We must know that before the day of kings when the Jews were rule by these earthly kings, Jahovah was israel's King. He was the one that really commanded the armies and that's was the reason by many battles were won. Commonsense tells us, who can fight against Jahovah, the Creator of the Universe.

After the fall of man when Adam and Eve disobeyed God when they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the war and battle against Satan has began (till this day). Satan knew of God's plan and that was to send His only begotten Son, Jesus, to 'right the wrong' of what Adam and Eve had done and started to wage wars against God. There was only one purpose: To frustrate God's plan to send Jesus to become man who was to be born into a Jewish family. We thus see that the battles written in the OT were all related to battles whose main object of the Jews' enemies was to destroy the Jewish race. A very good and direct example is in the Book of Esther.

Fortunatly, God will never allow this to happen that the Jewish race was to be eliminated even it meant that He, Jahovah has to undertake the tough job of killing the enemies of the Israelites en mass. And He indeed did it to prove His case of protecting the Jewish race.

At the same time, we also read that God is Respecter of no person. Even Jesus was to be born into the chosen race of the Jews and when the Jewish themselves committed sins, He too was quick to punish them. These two themes of protecting the Jewish race on the one hand in order to preserve the race for the eventual birth of His Son, Christ Jesus and punishing the Jews for the disobedience on the other hand is consistent throughout the Bible. We read in the NT that the nation of Israel was destroyed when Jerusalem fell in AD 70. Why? All because the Jewish has rejected Him and disobeyed their Saviour, Christ Jesus. The people of Israel have to wander for 2,000 years statelessly but God delivered His promise to restore the nation. It is an undeniably historical fact that the state of Israel of miraculously restored in May 1948.

Yes...God is love; God is merciful. But don't take Him for granted. God is Respecter of no person. If He needs to take away our lives, who are we to question Him!

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

IN any civilization, there is always a group of people smarter than all the rests, this group of people rule the world.
In the case of planet earth, the Jews are undoubtedly the most brilliant of the earthlings. They concocted the whole conspiracy thousands of years ago.. they spread their faith to the world... they capitalise on the weak human spirit who would rather put their hopes and dreams in a book... they infiltrate the government of the strongest country... they make the world accept their definition of what is evil and what is good.. they make themselves look like victims to be protected but in fact they rule the world.

They make a billion Christians around the world work for them, speak for them.

It is amazing people actually believe Israel and his descendants are the chosen people.

If my ancestors were half as smart, they would have written that Hokkien people are the chosen people of God.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes....Bible especially in the OT is full of violence (and revenge), and it climax in the NT when Jesus was violently crucified by the Roman. If you don't understand what violence is all about, the crucifixion of Jesus on the Cross of Calvary summarises it.

We are warned not to take revenge on others. Whatever injustices we have experienced - either personally or indirectly because our friends or relatives have suffered injustices - we have to leave it to God take the revenge on our behalf or on their behalif because one of God's businesses is to take revenge: Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord (Romans 12:19)

Thanks for confirming everything. Sorry mate i am a man of peace and non-violence. I cannot accept a god who is violent and vengeful, and worse a two-faced hypocrite, even if he is the most powerful being in the whole of the universe. Good luck worshipping him.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

IN any civilization, there is always a group of people smarter than all the rests, this group of people rule the world.
In the case of planet earth, the Jews are undoubtedly the most brilliant of the earthlings. They concocted the whole conspiracy thousands of years ago.. they spread their faith to the world... they capitalise on the weak human spirit who would rather put their hopes and dreams in a book... they infiltrate the government of the strongest country... they make the world accept their definition of what is evil and what is good.. they make themselves look like victims to be protected but in fact they rule the world.

They make a billion Christians around the world work for them, speak for them.

It is amazing people actually believe Israel and his descendants are the chosen people.

If my ancestors were half as smart, they would have written that Hokkien people are the chosen people of God.

Jews are over-rated. and no, they don't rule the world. The world is much, much bigger and diverse than you think.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bible Quote for May 22

Beat Your Children

Withhold not chastisement from a boy; if you beat him with a rod he will not die. Beat him with the rod, and you will save him from the nether world. (Proverbs 23:13-14 NAB)

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for confirming everything. Sorry mate i am a man of peace and non-violence. I cannot accept a god who is violent and vengeful, and worse a two-faced hypocrite, even if he is the most powerful being in the whole of the universe. Good luck worshipping him.

That's your choice...so at least you know what free-will is all about; you are all the absolute right to decide but you have to chose your decision wisely.

But remember, we are fighting against the power of darkness....biblically-speaking. You may think that...ok...I want to be out...but bad news! We are all in the same 'boxing-ring' and we are either with God or with Satan. By just saying you want to stay out and want nothing to do this doesn't help.

Yes...there are many stories of warfares and battles in the Bible, especially the OT, but you have to understand who initiated these warfares and battles. These are created by the devils. God has to intervene. Period. And sad to say that in all warfares, whether a simple school-gang fight, a major war between two countries, you are going to have casulties.

Accept what you want, and reject what you want but you must be reminded as God's created beings, we cannot escape the 'warfares and the battles' between God and Satan.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jews are over-rated. and no, they don't rule the world. The world is much, much bigger and diverse than you think.

You are right!

There is no historical records that the Jews have conquerored other nations. Quite to the contrary, Jews has been always on the 'losing' end. They got chase away by enemies; became enemies bonded-slaves; lose their nation and statehood; living a wandering people for centruries, etc. These are proven in history books....even in secular history books. Of course, they can not going without a fight. And oh yes, they did. Sometimes they lose because they fought with their strength but often they won when God intervenes for them.

It is interesting to note that a very small nation like Israel and the Jews are one of the smallest races in the world, yet the state of Israel and Jews have influenced much of the world history (though they don't really conqueror other nations), unlike what we see in the world history - Germany trying to conquerored the western part of the world; the Japanese trying to conquerored the eastern part of the world during the wWII. Even these both countries Germany and Japan have great economic powers, their influence on world politics is no where close to that of Isreal. Why....Israel is a 'special' country created as part of God's redemptive plan for mankind. Just look at the political development in the Middle-East and you can see that the time for Christ return is getting closer by the hour!

Last edited:

omnia1

Alfrescian
Loyal
" A more accurate analogy would be this: you have the choice to give your money to your struggling retrenched neighbour and in doing so, enter into a state of immense joy and satisfaction; OR you could keep the money and buy yet another flashy car for yourself which eventually will still leave you in a state of disatisfaction and yearning for true joy and contentment. You are free to choose either. Heaven is akin to the former, hell is akin to the latter. No one holds a gun to your head ".

wrong analogy ...because your neighbour did not threaten you as what your bible says " believe in me and you will go heaven " . :wink:
Neither is God threatening you.
Threaten = If you don't do XX, I will do something bad to you (eg: shoot you).
However God is saying, "If you reject me when you exit this world, you will never find lasting happiness not because I'm going to make you unhappy, but because your own nature will make you unhappy (that is how you were made).​
Notice the difference ?

I think the confusion comes about because many of us think of hell as a place where God or the Devil actively tortures us. But as the Catechism of the Catholic Church tells us in para 1035,
"The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs."

God is trying to tell us a few things:
(a) Our nature is such that all of us will only attain true and lasting happiness if we are with our creator (God). That is how we were made, nothing will change that.
(b) However, because God is love, we need to also love (love neighbour etc) in order to be with God.
(c) If we choose not to love, it follows that we will not want to choose God because God is love. We would rather be separated from him. But remember point (a) ? Our nature hasn't changed. It is because of our nature (not because of anything that God actively does), that if we reject God, we will forever be searching for true happiness and never finding it - this is the main 'punishment' of hell that the Catechism talks about.​

If you think about it, hell is tragic. All of us are looking for happiness in this world but at the end of our lives, some of us (might be you, might be me), end up rejecting the very thing that will give us eternal happiness; and instead, choose 'second best' for all eternity ...

"Please read my post #144 and reflect on it. In no way am I leaving out the supposed 'evil' verses. On the contrary, the whole purpose of post #144 is precisely to share with readers why the bible has these verses and how the verses may not necessarily contradict the Chrtistian teaching of a loving and just God if we understand the whole bible and Christian faith in a holistic manner ".

the bible is not contradicting ? ok ...i will now start a thread on that ...hope you come in
You're of course free to start all the threads you want. But it appears that you haven't even considered what I wrote in post#144 in relation to the so called evil passages of the bible. I suggest you try to read that post and reflect on what I'm saying there.

" You made the assertion that all forms of killing are morally equal - "A kill is a kill", you say. I'm explaining to you that there is killing that is morally justifiable (eg: execution of criminals by the state and policemen carrying out their duties to protect the citizenry) and killing that is not. I should also add that all this was said in the context of your quoting Pope Leo. What I highlighted was that if the state deems it fit to take the lives of murderers, it is not unreasonable to view the same for spiritual mass murderers, which is what heretics potentially are. I'm not advocating that heretics be killed, I'm merely sharing a different perspective on the Pope's quote. Please see my post #147 for context and details " .

whats make you think killing is morally justifiable ? 2 wrongs do not make a right
So you think it is always wrong for a policeman to kill a criminal regardless of circumstance ? That it is wrong for a soldier to protect his homeland by killing an enemy force that invades without provocation ? That the death penalty imposed by the state is wrong under all circumstances ?

I'm betting that you are going to say 'Yes' to all the above because that is the only way you can defend your position and try to 'save face' ... lol. Like I said before, you give atheists a bad name with your extreme views.

KirbyMorgan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every word in every so called "holy book" is written in blood of innocent people. Every church, temple, pray house, mosque is hold together with pure blood from man, woman and children who suffer due to religions and their extremists. If they only should indeed practice what they should according to their own religion and if they were not such a bunch of lying hypocrites then the world could maybe be a better place indeed.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neither is God threatening you.

rest of crap deleted.....

So you think it is always wrong for a policeman to kill a criminal regardless of circumstance ? That it is wrong for a soldier to protect his homeland by killing an enemy force that invades without provocation ? That the death penalty imposed by the state is wrong under all circumstances ?

I'm betting that you are going to say 'Yes' to all the above because that is the only way you can defend your position and try to 'save face' ... lol. Like I said before, you give atheists a bad name with your extreme views.​

you are clutching at straws here. If this is an exam, i would fail you for going out of point. The purpose of this thread is to highlight the evil nature of god and his bible. Amen to bro dfiter for his effort!:p

Let me remind you again. your god kills at his whims and fancies. There's no need for justification or provocation at all. He even killed a man for spilling seeds for freaking sake. I dont want to waste more time citing more examples. They are there, always, in your holy bible. You can cult worship him for all i care, but you can't deny the heinous acts that your god commited.​

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are right!

There is no historical records that the Jews have conquerored other nations. Quite to the contrary, Jews has been always on the 'losing' end. They got chase away by enemies; became enemies bonded-slaves; lose their nation and statehood; living a wandering people for centruries, etc. These are proven in history books....even in secular history books. Of course, they can not going without a fight. And oh yes, they did. Sometimes they lose because they fought with their strength but often they won when God intervenes for them.

It is interesting to note that a very small nation like Israel and the Jews are one of the smallest races in the world, yet the state of Israel and Jews have influenced much of the world history (though they don't really conqueror other nations), unlike what we see in the world history - Germany trying to conquerored the western part of the world; the Japanese trying to conquerored the eastern part of the world during the wWII. Even these both countries Germany and Japan have great economic powers, their influence on world politics is no where close to that of Isreal. Why....Israel is a 'special' country created as part of God's redemptive plan for mankind. Just look at the political development in the Middle-East and you can see that the time for Christ return is getting closer by the hour!

I repeat: Jews are over-rated. And billions in the world don't give a damn what jews or israel think or do.

What's so special about jews and israel? Dont tell me the usual rheotic that they are good in maths and finance. Can a jew run as fast as usain bolt? Or play ballet-like football like zidane? Every race has its place on mother earth. Can i say that they are ONLY good at maths and finance? If so what's so special about them?

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

I repeat: Jews are over-rated. And billions in the world don't give a damn what jews or israel think or do.

What's so special about jews and israel? Dont tell me the usual rheotic that they are good in maths and finance. Can a jew run as fast as usain bolt? Or play ballet-like football like zidane? Every race has its place on mother earth. Can i say that they are ONLY good at maths and finance? If so what's so special about them?

Your opinion is respected. But that's be real...just turn to the newspaper and you will have news, news and news about the Middle-East and in particular the news concerning Israel and the neighbouring countries. It is outside this forum (and also outside my ability) to discuss what is taking place in the Middle-East because the geo-political scenes there are too complicated. But, what I am saying is that for a small nation like Israel it has dominated the news almost every day.

Why so special about the Jews? From the world's perspective, nothing really. But for believers of the God of the Bible, the Jews is a special-race (or chosen people) because the Jewish race (as well as the nation of Israel) is an integral part of the history of mankind from beginning (that is from the Fall of Man) to the end (that is to the Second Coming of Jesus). Looking at the political development of the Middle-East, i.e. Israel and it's neighbouring countries, we can relate to many of the stories and prophecies told in the Bible.

Are we over-rating the Jews? Well, you can have your opinion and so do others. But again, that's go through the facts rather than the emotion. Just go to a list of Nobel Prize winners and you will notice that the Jews have been awarded with the prizes years after years for almost every discipline - physics, chemistry, medicines, etc. No one can doubt the intellectual capabilities of the Jews. One of our early founders had once said something like this: "Every year, Israel though a very small country, produces at least 200 - 300 top-world class 'brains'. Singapore, if we are lucky, we can at most produce 4 or 5." I couldn't remember exactly in what event was this statement he made, most probably he was lamenting for the lack of world class 'brains' that Singapore must have in order to compete in the world of business but the facts are clear: Though you wouldn't want to over-rate the Jews but I think you should not under-rate them! They are really, really smart people in all disciplines - intellectually and academically.

[By the way, I am not a Jew. I am, like you....a Singaporean....but perhaps not like you...I am not smart and not intelligent...just an ordinary Singaporean who has a calling to share the Gospel of Jesus with fellow believers and to encourage one another to prepare for our future which is not of this world but to build our future in the Heavenly Kingdom and to eternally dwell with our Saviour, Christ Jesus.]