• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 21 runners dead as extreme weather hits China ultramarathon

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Commie Chinks should stick to Cuntfu.

https://news.yahoo.com/20-runners-dead-extreme-weather-015013647.html

Twenty-one people were killed after hail, freezing rain and high winds hit runners taking part in a 100-kilometre (62-mile) cross-country mountain race in China, state media said Sunday.

The extreme weather struck a high-altitude section of the race held in the scenic Yellow River Stone Forest near Baiyin city in northwestern Gansu province Saturday afternoon.

Among the dead were elite Chinese long-distance runners, local media reported.

Official news agency Xinhua confirmed the death toll had risen to 21, citing the local rescue command headquarters. State broadcaster CCTV also reported the final missing competitor had been found dead.

Baiyin city mayor Zhang Xuchen said that at around midday Saturday a section of the rugged ultramarathon course -- between kilometres 20 and 31 -- was "suddenly affected by disastrous weather".

"In a short period of time, hailstones and ice rain suddenly fell in the local area, and there were strong winds. The temperature sharply dropped," Zhang said.

Shortly after receiving messages seeking help from some participants, marathon organisers dispatched a rescue team that managed to save 18 of the 172 participants.

At around 2pm, weather conditions worsened and the race was immediately called off as local authorities sent more rescuers to help, Zhang said.

The victims included top domestic marathon runners Liang Jing and Huang Guanjun, local media reported, citing a friend of Huang's and Wei Pulong, Liang's coach. Liang had won multiple Chinese ultramarathons in recent years.

Huang, who was deaf-mute, won the men's hearing-impaired marathon at the 2019 National Paralympic Games held in Tianjin. Marathon organisers confirmed his death to a friend, who was cited in local media.

"As the event's organiser, we feel a deep sense of guilt and self-blame, express our deep mourning for the victims and deep condolences to their families and the injured runners," Zhang said, as he and other local officials bowed.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hail, freezing rain and high winds when summer is about to arrive?

国家将亡,必有妖孽

Fantastic news. :cool:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think this a definitely a piece of fake news because China has superior Huawei technology which can precisely predict the weather condition.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Run too slow. Froze to death.

Extreme weather kills 21 ultra-marathon runners in China​

CNN Digital Expansion 2017. Jenni Marsh
By Jenni Marsh and Eric Cheung, CNN

Updated 0921 GMT (1721 HKT) May

Hong Kong (CNN)Twenty one ultra-marathon runners have died after extreme weather conditions hit a 100-kilometer (62-mile) mountain race in northwest China.
The high-altitude Huanghe Shilin Mountain Marathon began on Saturday morning in sunny conditions. But by 1 p.m. local time weather conditions had turned, with freezing rain, hail stones and gale winds lashing runners in Gansu County, according to the state-run Global Times.

vt

Mountain runners die

transparent.png

Map data ©2021 Google, SK telecom

500 km

Terms of Use

Liang Jing, one of China's well known ultra-marathon runners, was among those who died, a Hong Kong marathon group called Hong Kong 100 Ultra Marathon confirmed via a statement released on Sunday.

The marathon group said Liang had been a "favorite" member of the Hong Kong trail-racing community. He regularly participated in the annual Hong Kong 100-kilometer trail race, and was the runner-up in the last two years, it added.
It also described him as "one of the best ultra-endurance athletes in the world" and expressed condolences to his family.
As temperatures dropped in the Yellow River Stone Forest, runners started reported suffering from hypothermia, while others went missing.
The marathon organizers called off the race and launched a search party of 1,200 people to scour the complicated terrain. The search operation continued after dark.
Most competitors were wearing thin shorts and T-shirts.
Janet Ng, a race director of the Hong Kong 100 Ultra Marathon, told CNN on Sunday that she was not in a position to comment on the importance or safety of the Gansu marathon, but noted that the trail-running community is mourning with great sadness.
One participant told local publication Red Star News: "At one point, I couldn't feel my fingers (because it was so cold). At the same time my tongue felt frozen, too."
He said he decided to abandon the race. "I retreated back to halfway down the mountain, and entered a wooden cabin at the direction of a rescuer. There were already about 10 more runners who came down earlier and we waited for rescue in the cabin for about an hour. Eventually about 50 runners came and took shelter in the cabin."
By Sunday morning, 151 of the 172 race participants had been confirmed safe, with eight in hospital. Another 21 were found dead, according to the state-run People's Daily.
The race's distance of 100 kilometers was more than double that of a standard marathon

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

China probes deaths of 21 runners after freak weather hits ultramarathon​

Rescuers were dispatched after extreme weather struck a high-altitude section of the 100km race held in the scenic Yellow River Stone Forest in Gansu province. (Photo: AFP/STR)
24 May 2021 12:46PM

Bookmark​

BEIJING: An investigation was underway on Monday (May 24) into the deaths of 21 runners during a mountain ultramarathon in northwest China, as harrowing testimony emerged from survivors who battled to safety through freezing temperatures and bone-chilling winds.
The extreme weather struck a high-altitude section of the 100km race held in the scenic Yellow River Stone Forest in Gansu province on Saturday afternoon.

Provincial authorities have set up an investigation team to look into the cause of the incident, state media reported, as questions swirled over why organisers apparently ignored extreme weather warnings from the city's Early Warning Information Centre in the lead up to the race, which attracted 172 runners.
China's top sports body also vowed to tighten safety rules on holding events across the country.
Survivors gave shocking testimony of events on the rugged mountainside, where unconfirmed meteorological reports to local media said temperatures had plunged to as low as minus 24 degrees Celsius.
"The wind was too strong and I repeatedly fell over," wrote race participant Zhang Xiaotao in a Weibo post.

"My limbs were frozen stiff and I felt like I was slowly losing control of my body ... I wrapped my insulation blanket around me, took out my GPS tracker, pressed the SOS button and lost consciousness."
He said when he came round he discovered a shepherd had carried him to a cave, placed him by the fire and wrapped him in a duvet.

Survivors described freezing conditions after they were caught in extreme weather on the mountain course. (Photo: AFP/STR)

"FOAMING AT THEIR MOUTHS"

Marathon survivor Luo Jing told state broadcaster CCTV she saw runners struggling back down the mountain wearing only T-shirts and shorts.
They "described to us people foaming at their mouths, and urged us to quit the race as soon as possible", she said.
Other survivors said insulation blankets provided by organisers were blown to shreds by strong winds.
One told state media as he battled down the mountain he saw many people lying on the ground, some he believed to be dead.
Gansu province is often subject to extreme weather conditions including sandstorms and earthquakes.
The Gansu Meteorological Bureau had warned of "sudden heavy showers, hail, lightning, sudden gale-force winds" and other adverse weather conditions across the province in a report dated Friday.

China: cross-country runners die in freezing conditions
Map of China locating the Yellow River Stone Forest where a number of cross-country runners died on Mar 22, 2021 when extremely cold weather struck. (Image AFP)

Victims included elite Chinese long-distance runners Liang Jing and Huang Guanjun, local media reported.
Liang had won multiple Chinese ultramarathons in recent years while Huang won the men's hearing-impaired marathon at the 2019 National Paralympic Games.
Fury mounted on Chinese social media after the disaster, with many users blaming organisers for poor contingency planning.
More than 84 million viewed the hashtag "Is the Gansu marathon accident natural or man-made", while 130 million scoured a thread around safety concerns for marathons and cross-county races.
"This is purely a man-made disaster," wrote one.
China's top sports governing body has issued instructions to the country's sports system to improve safety management in sports events.
The previous management model for safety in races "had some problems and deficiencies", the sports administration said in a readout published on Monday.
It said all organisations would now have to set up detailed contingency plans and a mechanism to halt the event quickly if needed.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only idiots will run 100km of treacherous, unexplored terrain in unpredictable weather organized by inexperienced, greedy organizers that give zero fucks about safety.
On a brighter note, these 21 dead fuckers will have no chance of making the same mistake again.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Moral of the story? Running can get you killed. This is why I don't run. I either walk or use my PMD.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Moral of the story? Running can get you killed. This is why I don't run. I either walk or use my PMD.
actually my running is like other people’s walking speed, it’s just a perfect excuse to beo all the pretty young things jogging :wink::wink::wink:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
actually my running is like other people’s walking speed, it’s just a perfect excuse to beo all the pretty young things jogging :wink::wink::wink:
Wah, you run so slow one ah?:eek: But I agree, my walks allow me to fully beo the wonderful sight of bouncing boobs coming from the opposite direction.:inlove::biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can also pretend that your pace is similar to your stalking target, so she is about 1 to 2 meters behind or to the side of you. :sneaky:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You can also pretend that your pace is similar to your stalking target, so she is about 1 to 2 meters behind or to the side of you. :sneaky:
@glockman has more sexperience, running alongside a pretty young thing with bouncing boobs very chuan one you know?
Yes at my age, it is impossible to keep up or even run at all. Brisk walking is the best I can do. But the good thing is I have trained my eyes to lock on to incoming hot targets. My brain can still process multiple targets in a fluid target rich environment and pick out the biggest tits to lock on. All done on the fly.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes at my age, it is impossible to keep up or even run at all. Brisk walking is the best I can do. But the good thing is I have trained my eyes to lock on to incoming hot targets. My brain can still process multiple targets in a fluid target rich environment and pick out the biggest tits to lock on. All done on the fly.

When I run, I usually like to tailgate the slowpokes for a while. If it's a girl who smells nice all the better.

Then after a while, I would overtake him/her then fart in his/her face as I sped off. :biggrin: