• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1st water contract ended

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
The price of electricity and water had been going up steady. It will keeps going up because govt cannot negotiate a proper deal to buy water from Johor

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mudland got nothing to say now - no more threats. Madhathir cannot tahan. And don't be surprised if the Mudlanders screw up the pumps soon.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think even if they shut off the pipes...we won't dry up...i believe we have attained self sufficiency in H2O

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cordial handover marks an important milestone in the quest for self-sufficiency in water resources by Singapore.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much will citizens have to bear in the long run?
People are not concern about milestone, self-sufficiency or technology. These are what the Elites care about.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who doesn't know, NEWater and Sea water? The actual cost of producing the water and how much govt is going to charge her residents is not known. That is the point, no need trumpeting about self-reliance.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Water is a strategic resource. Essential to have in cheap abundance in order to develop and progress.

LKY's intransigence has give the Malaysians the competitive advantage to surpass us. Now some of you may snigger. But remember that now they have better purchasing power than us. It wasn't so 20 years ago.

We can only get more and more expensive while they continue a relaxed and enjoyable lifestyle. PAP has kept Singaporean in the dark about how good the standard of living in Malaysia truly is. Of course there are some issues, but life is better there.

Ever realised why we went into recession so quick while our neighbours stayed happily in the black? Because their governance is based on making their citizens happy and a good steady hand on the financial front by their central bank.

Now envy this: Two cars fully paid. Add to that a couple of motorcycle for your kids to go to school and run errands. A nice big landed house. Mind you, not a kampong house but a modern terraced 2 storey unit complete with modern municipal amenities. Freehold that you can pass on to your children. Cheap electricity, water, petrol, cooking gas. Free school and healthcare. Affordable basic necessities like rice, sugar, oil, milk. A relaxed working culture sans the nitpicking and calculative corporate practices. Low and most times non-existent tax system. Land, land and more land that you can own and develop and pass on to your grandchildren. An EPF (similar to CPF) that won't prevent you from enjoying your retirement by constantly delaying withdrawal.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Water is dirt cheap in Malaysia. Been staying here for the past year and my water bill for almost a year is less than 100 sinkee bucks.
Electricity is also cheap. Leave my hall main air con running almost 24-7. I dont see why I should live in sinkeeland and pay absorbant prices just to survive.

Fuck PAP. Sinkees gonna suffer more in coming years.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Water is dirt cheap in Malaysia. Been staying here for the past year and my water bill for almost a year is less than 100 sinkee bucks.
Electricity is also cheap. Leave my hall main air con running almost 24-7. I dont see why I should live in sinkeeland and pay absorbant prices just to survive.

Fuck PAP. Sinkees gonna suffer more in coming years.

you can migrate

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I plan to emigrate. But not to Malaysia. I'm not selling my HDB flat though. Gonna charge sinkee and chinaman high rent for my pigeonhole.

Dont really need the money. Just like to add to the suffering in SG. Just doing my PAP part. Alot of sinkees doing the same and renting out their HDB at high and living low in JB.

The causeway is full of sinkee cars in the morning going into sinkeeland. In fact at least half the cars are sinkee ones.