• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1st round: Malaysia 2 Vietnam 0

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
s-league is better than m-league even if according to today today's online :

s-league average attendance for the 1st 9 matches played after the world cup ended is :

219 :eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

btw i think roadside gei tai during the 7th month attract way beyond 219 even on a weekday night.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
s-league is better than m-league even if according to today today's online :

s-league average attendance for the 1st 9 matches played after the world cup ended is :

219 :eek:

btw i think roadside gei tai during the 7th month attract way beyond 219 even on a weekday night.

The attendance for the average Indonesian League > K-league matches. By your stupid argument, ISL teams > K-league teams :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

charlatan would say : so? s-league still way better than m-league.

The performance of the national team is not directly related to the standard of the local domestic league. If your stupid logic was true then the following countries: Uruguay, Mexico, South Korea, USA, Ghana, Japan, NParaguay and Slovakia all have superior domestic leagues to the Italian Series A and the French Ligue 1. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The best way to compare the standard of 2 different domestic league is to have them play against 1 another which is precisely what UEFA uses to determine the standard of a league and issue the number of slots for UEFA competition base on those results. And I have stated before why S-league is in no way inferior to the M-league in terms of footballing standards

I base this on results and participation in Asian Tournaments and not random bullshit about past M-League teams. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Number of teams in the AFC Champions League
SG 1
MY 0

SG 1
MY 0

Just in case U are wondering why M-League is missing. That's becoz participation is limited to the top 10 best leagues in Asia. Obviously the experts in AFC decided that S-League > M-League :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

AFC Cup(I will try to find out the scores for the Head to Head Clashes if any)
SG and MY both kicked out during group stages

SG and MY both kicked out during group stages

Home United 5 - 1 Kedah
Kedah 4 - 1 Home United

SAFFC 6 - 1 Perak
Perak 2 - 0 SAFFC
All 4 teams got kicked out during the rd of 8

Tampines 2 - 0 Pahang
Pahang 1 - 4 Tampines

Both MY teams(Pahang and Negri Sembilan) KO in group stage.
Tampines and SAFFC made it to the Rd of 8

Looking at results and progression in the AFC Cup, doesn't look like the M-league teams are superior to the S-league teams :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Finally just in case you didn't know, most of SG National 1st team players play in freaking INDONESIA. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
The attendance for the average Indonesian League > K-league matches. By your stupid argument, ISL teams > K-league teams :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The performance of the national team is not directly related to the standard of the local domestic league. If your stupid logic was true then the following countries: Uruguay, Mexico, South Korea, USA, Ghana, Japan, NParaguay and Slovakia all have superior domestic leagues to the Italian Series A and the French Ligue 1. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Finally just in case you don't know, most of SG National 1st team players play in freaking INDONESIA. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dumb idiot,

people talk about AFF cup and stds between spore and malaysia, suddenly some dumbo can quote korea league blah blah. no need write grandmother naggy story. simple fact is that malaysia is STILL in AFF. spore fuck off liao. worse still now got spore players caught playing cards in room after lights out. hahaha.

how stupid can you get. maybe stupidier than previously thought. :rolleyes:

btw, you are still losing the :rolleyes: count.

hahaha. come on more :rolleyes: pls.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal

Finally just in case you don't know, most of SG National 1st team players play in freaking INDONESIA. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

spore national players playing in indo league is a proud thing for s-league:confused: my company (s-league) is better than yours (indo league) but dunno why people resign and go work in yours. :confused: got logic.:confused:

that proves the exact point that s-league = shit league.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dumb idiot,

people talk about AFF cup and stds between spore and malaysia, suddenly some dumbo can quote korea league blah blah. no need write grandmother naggy story. simple fact is that malaysia is STILL in AFF. spore fuck off liao. worse still now got spore players caught playing cards in room after lights out. hahaha.

how stupid can you get. maybe stupidier than previously thought. :rolleyes:

btw, you are still losing the :rolleyes: count.

hahaha. come on more :rolleyes: pls.

See Below. too lazy to say more

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either U have short term memory loss or U are blind. Doesn't matter let me point out the number of times U said S-league in your last 2 post. Below are your own post, I highlighted the words S-league in green

Funny how for someone claiming to be talking about the AFF you only mentioned S-league in your post but not a single point about the AFF:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

your replies are getting lousier by the day. do better pls. as a paid pap dog, you need to put in more effort. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

s-league is the best!! even though only 219 morons watch it on average ok!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your replies are getting lousier by the day. do better pls. as a paid pap dog, you need to put in more effort. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

s-league is the best!! even though only 219 morons watch it on average ok!

I misclick Preview Post and click Submit reply instead already edited the post

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alamak typical pap dog style. lose liao plenty of excuses. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1) unlike U I don't care too much about winning petty debates like this. If U like it so much, I'll declare you the Winner myself. Patrickv/Yuelao/Dreamer1 is the Winner

2) I am not a PAP supporter

3) I am not a freaking SG traitor(by your own definition) by importing FT and marrying one like U did :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) unlike U I don't care too much about winning petty debates like this. If U like it so much, I'll declare you the Winner myself. Patrickv/Yuelao/Dreamer1 is the Winner

2) I am not a PAP supporter

3) I am not a freaking SG traitor(by your own definition) by importing FT and marrying one like U did :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yes you are rite. you caught me. i am yuelao + dreamer1. yes i have FT wife, in fact + 2 more FT mistresses.

and yes, you ARE a pap dog. i am in this forum long enough to know.

and yes s-league is very good. charlatan pls go and see every s-league match so that the average attendance can increase from 219 to 220:eek:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's true that domestic league and national team performance may deviate instead of correlate. It could go either way. For example, in mid 1970s, West Germany and Holland dominated Word Cup football when Bayern Munich and Ajax Amsterdam dominated European club football. However, in the late 1970s to early 1980s, Liverpool and Nottingham Forest dominated European club football whilst England failed to even qualify for the World Cup. England has this problem even before the liberalisation and proliferation of international transfers. The English league has never been pure English. All British (English, Scottish and Welsh) and Irish (Northern and Republic) are classified as local players. The influx of foreign players affected Scotland the most, not England. See Scotland sliding from World Cup ranking favourites in the 1970s to where it is now in the pecking order?

In the case of S-League, if attendance is important, what's a league for when so few bother to watch. One punishment meted out to errant teams is to play in closed doors without spectators. The performance of footballers with crowds cheering and roaring is always on a higher level. One of the most important onfield celebration is to celebrate a goal at big crowds. With an average of just above 200, it's practically ghost-town football. Footballing is just salaried job routine to go through.

Interest in S-League is sustained by one thing only - football betting. Nobody's interested in watching, just the punting and the results. Just like horse racing punters and bookies, not really interested in horse racing as a sport. Take away football betting, and S-League would collapse into oblivion.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's true that domestic league and national team performance may deviate instead of correlate. It could go either way. For example, in mid 1970s, West Germany and Holland dominated Word Cup football when Bayern Munich and Ajax Amsterdam dominated European club football. However, in the late 1970s to early 1980s, Liverpool and Nottingham Forest dominated European club football whilst England failed to even qualify for the World Cup. England has this problem even before the liberalisation and proliferation of international transfers. The English league has never been pure English. All British (English, Scottish and Welsh) and Irish (Northern and Republic) are classified as local players. The influx of foreign players affected Scotland the most, not England. See Scotland sliding from World Cup ranking favourites in the 1970s to where it is now in the pecking order?

1 thing I can never comprehend is why there is never a British team and always separate teams from the 4 countries. I cannot accept the Bullshit argument about rivalries between the 4. The Catalans and Madrid also have very strong rivalrives both in footballing terms(e.g. Barcelona vs Real Madrid) and historical terms(basically got whacked pretty bad after the pple they supported loss the civil war). Should Spain be allowed to send 2 teams(Spain and Catalonia) for international competitions?

In the case of S-League, if attendance is important, what's a league for when so few bother to watch. One punishment meted out to errant teams is to play in closed doors without spectators. The performance of footballers with crowds cheering and roaring is always on a higher level. One of the most important onfield celebration is to celebrate a goal at big crowds. With an average of just above 200, it's practically ghost-town football. Footballing is just salaried job routine to go through.

Interest in S-League is sustained by one thing only - football betting. Nobody's interested in watching, just the punting and the results. Just like horse racing punters and bookies, not really interested in horse racing as a sport. Take away football betting, and S-League would collapse into oblivion.

Unfortunately for the S-league it has been plague with a lot of problems an prejudices. The worst of which is what I like to call the M-league syndrome. As stated earlier, the S-league is at least in the terms of the standard of football, at the same level if not, superior to the M-league, however most football supporters who still remember the M-league days like to dismiss the standard of football in the S-league

The EPL influence. The early days of the S-league actually saw a year by year increase in attendance. The problem began when with the sudden widespread availability of the EPL. We suddenly got to watch every available match live all the time. The S-league attendance plummeted.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes we all have to agree with dumbo that s-league is better than m-league even though only 219 morons go watch it. :wink:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both singapore and malaysian football suffered when singapore got kicked out of Malaysia Cup after winning it.
Small clubs lime perlis and kelantan depends on gate receipts from kallang to boost their finances, apart from the games played at selangor and kuala Lumpur.
The sultan of pahang is the boss at Football association of Malaysia. he does not like singapore because when he was in kallang to attend malaysia vs singapore football match decades ago in the 80's, singapore crowd disrespect him and the national anthem of Malaysia. The crowd was jeering when his name was announced and showed vulgar signs.
He got his revenge decades later when he banished singapore due to alleged bribery by football betting syndicates.
Plus the live football european matches shown on satellite TV also contributed to the demise.
Nowadays, the crowds will cheer EPL teams if the play national football teams of Malaysia or thailand. It is a disgrace.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 thing I can never comprehend is why there is never a British team and always separate teams from the 4 countries. I cannot accept the Bullshit argument about rivalries between the 4. The Catalans and Madrid also have very strong rivalrives both in footballing terms(e.g. Barcelona vs Real Madrid) and historical terms(basically got whacked pretty bad after the pple they supported loss the civil war). Should Spain be allowed to send 2 teams(Spain and Catalonia) for international competitions?

UK has a serious penchant for complicating things like that. There used to be Great Britain team registered with IOC. In fact it won two football gold medals before. The separation of the "home nations" predated both IOC and FIFA registrations since when football was invented, no other countries were playing it, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland all registered their own FAs and the home nations championship became the first "international" football tournament. England and Scotland have professional leagues represented separately in European club competitions. Welsh clubs play in the English league but maintain its own national team registered with FIFA. The two Irelands at best have semi-pro leagues but maintain their own national teams registered with FIFA too.

The Great Britain team gradually faded away and disbanded after England started to participate in the World Cup and actually won it 1966. However, IOC wouldn't allow England (or Scotland or Wales) to participate in Olympic football since Great Britain is registered as one single member of IOC. As London is hosting Olympic 2012, the talk about resurrecting the Great Britain team is up again. The latest I heard, Scotland and Wales objected to their players participating, but wouldn't object if the England team calls themselves Great Britain to satisfy IOC requirement.

Unfortunately for the S-league it has been plague with a lot of problems an prejudices. The worst of which is what I like to call the M-league syndrome. As stated earlier, the S-league is at least in the terms of the standard of football, at the same level if not, superior to the M-league, however most football supporters who still remember the M-league days like to dismiss the standard of football in the S-league

The EPL influence. The early days of the S-league actually saw a year by year increase in attendance. The problem began when with the sudden widespread availability of the EPL. We suddenly got to watch every available match live all the time. The S-league attendance plummeted.

Your take on EPL influence doesn't really square up. In fact we got more English league cover (highlights and live games) on public TV from 1970s up to late 1990s. Then cable took over; not everybody subscribes to cable. Since cable is paid service, why don't cable providers carry S-League? Simple, because there's no demand. Nobody would pay for something that they don't want unless compelled to (i.e. public TV licensing fees).

In fact, public TV has phased out all coverage of EPL, zero, zilch, no more live games even for once in a blue moon, no more weekly highlights, whereas S-League is given a weekly live game slot.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe indonesia and malaysia cannot see epl (bpl):confused::rolleyes:

thats why indo and m-league attendance better than 219.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your take on EPL influence doesn't really square up. In fact we got more English league cover (highlights and live games) on public TV from 1970s up to late 1990s. Then cable took over; not everybody subscribes to cable. Since cable is paid service, why don't cable providers carry S-League? Simple, because there's no demand. Nobody would pay for something that they don't want unless compelled to (i.e. public TV licensing fees).

In fact, public TV has phased out all coverage of EPL, zero, zilch, no more live games even for once in a blue moon, no more weekly highlights, whereas S-League is given a weekly live game slot.

Actually there is a close link between the 2 as well as the cable TV Service. Before the cable service took over the broadcasting of the EPL, we only have that once in a blue moon. S-league attendance was going up year on year especially with the help of our first regional title.

After taking over the broadcasting of the EPL(2000-2001) I think, SCV/Starhub brought out the big guns and did some extreme marketing on the league. It also helped that they had the rights to broadcast the World cup which was previously available on free tv. The S-league basically gone downhill. To compensate for the sudden loss in attendance, they even move most of the matches to weekdays to avoid clashes with the EPL matches.

The situation got esepcially bad post 2002 World Cup and they tried to come up with all sorts of nonsense like penalty shoot out for drawn matches to make it more exciting. It's also the same time that the major SPH papers gave little of even stopped reporting on the S-league at all. The sponsorship also started falling causing a few clubs to go bankrupt. It was also at this time when they resorted to getting foreign clubs