• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

12-12-12 a memorable number but 'weak' date

ChiKopPow

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Star/Asia News Network
Wednesday, Dec 12, 2012

PETALING JAYA - It is a memorable date but feng shui experts and numerologists say 12.12.12 is not suitable for auspicious events.

Numerological calculations also show today is actually a "weak" date.

"There is nothing special about the date. It is like any other date," said Malaysian Institute of Geomancy Sciences and Feng Shui founder Prof Master David Koh.

"While it is not an auspicious date, many are choosing to get married on this date merely because it is unique and easy to remember," he said.

Astrologer Master Yuvaraj Sowma said people should enhance their spiritual practice in whatever faith they observe as the world enters a "challenging period" from today until Dec 24.

"People should avoid travel, making important decisions, marriage and business partnerships," he said in an interview from Chennai, India.

While the world was not going to end, he said, people should be extra careful as dark forces would be stronger during this period.

Numerologist Sushmeetha Morugan said the destiny number derived from the date added up to the number two, which is ruled by the planet moon.

"The date does not have good energy. It is best not to do anything auspicious such as start a business or get married with energy of the moon," she said.

ChiKopPow

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boy turns 12 on 12.12.12

20121213.101757_star_12.jpg

The Star/Asia News Network
Thursday, Dec 13, 2012

SHAH ALAM - For Wong Soon Wen, his 12th birthday is not merely a reminder that another year has gone by and how much he has grown.

Soon Wen was happy to to turn 12 on the auspicious 12.12.12 date.

He hopes to continue to excel in his studies and accomplish greater things.

"Happy birthday? It definitely is," said the boy who had invited 12 close friends to celebrate with him at his home in Kota Kemuning here.

"I am very happy to be turning 12 on this once-in-a-century date, which is certainly a memorable and rare experience.

"I invited 12 friends because I thought it would be cool," said the excited tween, whose elder sister Jo-yen is an intern at The Star.

Soon Wen, who scored 4As in this year's UPSR, is excited to be starting his secondary education when the new term starts next month.

He wanted to have his birthday do at noon but his mother, teacher Ong Lin Lin, 45, reckoned that since it was a weekday many working parents would not have the time to send their children to the party.

She said it was meaningful to mark the date although it was held at 7pm.

"I am glad my son has this chance to celebrate his special day on such a unique and significant date.

"Not many people have this privilege," said Ong.

Last edited:

ChiKopPow

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dating for a month, but married by 12-12-12

19367.jpg

Thu, Dec 13, 2012
The Star/ANN

KOTA KINABALU: Some Malaysians did not want to pass up on the chance to do something memorable and they celebrated 12.12.12 by getting hitched.

Businessman David Chew, 30, and accountant Jacqueline Liew, 24, have only known each other for a month but decided to get married on 12.12.12.

"Our parents are long-time friends and got us together on a blind date," Chew said.

"Jacqueline and I clicked instantly and fell in love at first sight, so we decided to get married today (yesterday), as this is a day which comes once in a century," he said at the Kota Kinabalu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KKCCI) in town.

In PUTRAJAYA, Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein, who attended the National Registration Department's (NRD) 12.12.12 "Celebrate Love" mass wedding ceremony earlier, said 834 couples tied the knot at NRD offices nationwide, including 114 couples in Putrajaya alone.

In KLANG, technician Teoh Ban Leong, 32, said he chose 12.12.12. so that it would be easy for him to remember his wedding day.

He met Ter Soo Fang, 22, a year ago and proposed to her earlier this year.

They were part of 230 couples who tied the knot at the Klang Hokkien Association hall yesterday.