• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$110 Per Year For Nothing is Still Not Enuff for Mediacorpse

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Onscreen SMSes spoil TV enjoyment
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start -->VIEWERS of MediaCorp's Channel 8 are now being treated to something a little extra - SMS messages running across the screen while a programme is being aired.
<!-- story content : start -->These messages are displayed not on the bottom portion of the screen, but across the top, making it impossible to watch a show without someone's face been covered. MediaCorp's revenue-driving tactics (users are charged $1 for each SMS) have put commercial interests above basic user experience. This is low brow and a very poor call on advertising etiquette. <!-- story content : start -->Wendy Siew (Ms)

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is a tax on citizen to gave them what the gov want them to see

it does feed a lot of TCS actor and actress

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Onscreen SMSes spoil TV enjoyment
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start -->VIEWERS of MediaCorp's Channel 8 are now being treated to something a little extra - SMS messages running across the screen while a programme is being aired.
<!-- story content : start -->These messages are displayed not on the bottom portion of the screen, but across the top, making it impossible to watch a show without someone's face been covered. MediaCorp's revenue-driving tactics (users are charged $1 for each SMS) have put commercial interests above basic user experience. This is low brow and a very poor call on advertising etiquette. <!-- story content : start -->Wendy Siew (Ms)

Cover the whole screen with SMSes lor! Only the brain dead and and those without or ignorant of the Internet watch Channel 8 anyway.....................

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many country in the world don't collect TV licience fee. I think Singapore is the only first world country to collect TV fee.

LoveSingFade

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many country in the world don't collect TV licience fee. I think Singapore is the only first world country to collect TV fee.

You are only half right, should be:

"Many country in the world don't collect TV licience fee yet they produce very good program. I think Singapore is the only first world country to collect TV fee and yet can only produce F***TUP program. Greedy but no standard.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
goh_chok_tong_sm-7ea4e3616a.jpg

"Nothing is free, even if its crap u still have to pay for it!"

oioi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone watch the Nonya show with Jeannette Aw? I thought it was HORRIBLE! Would switch channels whenever it comes on. On the contrary, HK serials and even KR ones are way, way, way better! We need competition in that space.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Does anyone watch the Nonya show with Jeannette Aw? I thought it was HORRIBLE! Would switch channels whenever it comes on. On the contrary, HK serials and even KR ones are way, way, way better! We need competition in that space.

OI! if you don't understand and appreciate The Little Nonya,it's your business.What so horrible about it? You saw ghosts or what? Nobody is stopping you to watch HK or KR series.Swtich channels lor.Who cares.Might as well cancel your TV licence and watch outer-space channels. The Little Nonya got the highest rating so far - the highest for the past 8 years. You don't appreciate the show, that's your loss. What so horrible? Some of the HK and KR are worse!!! Bloody dubbing is horrendous!!! The same dubbing team used in all the series!!! Bloody worse than cowdung!!!

Mediacorps well done!!! The Little Nonya is the BEST!!! Jeanette Aw is The Best - my favourite actress and she'll be nominated for The Best Actress award. Keep it up Mediacorps. Don't you worry about those sour grapes and those green eye monsters!!! Majulah Singapura!!!

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
A local show, be it a drama serial, a sitcom or any genre for that matter can only find success within and overseas if it reflects the culture of the country producing it. What genuine culture do we have to show to ourselves to the world? Everything is artificial, make believe. A mirror image of the PAP government and in particular, the Lee family!

Last edited:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you don't expect a young city like singapore to have a deep history and rich culture like beijing,seoul or tokyo...come on lah...be realistic. we are only about 40 years in nation building.others are 400 years and more...even thousands...how can we compare. our culture is evolving as the years go by...peranakan culture can be considered part of our heritage...and now our local culture is rojak by many imports....and it will take years and years for a truly singaporean culture to be evolved....hundreds if not thousands because singapore is continuously being evolved with imports from other countries. so we cannot compare singapore with others lah.

be realistic and enjoy whatever culture and life style we have now...don't keep on complaining and whinning about singapore and stop bashing singapore to piecemeal for the slightest inconvenience. singaporeans should be blessed!!

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys!
Boycott the TV!!! I did that two years ago and see what happened to my sons' grade? Both their results went up and they became avid readers.

Think about it!

DOM

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys!
Boycott the TV!!! I did that two years ago and see what happened to my sons' grade? Both their results went up and they became avid readers.

Think about it!

DOM

I've disconnected my SCV TV cable imput a few months back, my children are now turning to books for entertainment. I think all parents should give this option, a consideration.:smile:

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? Anyone can shed more light?

No TVs and no TV graphic card in your computer means no need to pay for TV licence because downloads from the internet are not covered by the Government Can Rob Act and all their sub sub clauses............................

But if everybody were to do that, you can be sure the bastards will make changes. Their 'money for nothing' evil mindset that we are all accustomed to!:mad: