• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any difference whether Di maria is playing? :rolleyes: I can afford to lose to Southampton later today and still keep my job unlike van Gaal :biggrin:

Van Gaal: Di Maria will miss Manchester United clash with Southampton

574941_heroa.jpg

By Chris Davie
Dec 2, 2014 23:47:00

Wayne Rooney is also set for a scan on his injured knee on Wednesday, while Daley Blind is unlikely to recover from his knee problem before Christmas

Louis van Gaal admits he does not expect Angel Di Maria to be fit for Manchester United’s clash with Southampton on Monday.

The Argentina international limped out of Saturday’s 3-0 win over Hull City with a hamstring injury and subsequently missed United’s 2-1 win over Stoke City on Tuesday evening.

Wayne Rooney was also absent due to a knee problem and the forward is set to undergo a scan on Wednesday to determine his availability for United's trip to St Mary's on December 8.

"We have to wait for tomorrow to say anything about it because you never know with a knee," said Van Gaal.

"But in my opinion it is not so heavy - but I am not a doctor. We have to wait for a scan and then we will know more. Di Maria is not so heavy, but of course he shall not play against Southampton, but you never know."

Van Gaal also revealed that Daley Blind, who continues to recover from a knee injury, is unlikely to feature before Christmas.

"It is not so heavy. Christmas maybe. I think that at the end of December maybe we will see light in the tunnel [for Blind]," said Van Gaal.

United's win over Stoke was their fourth consecutive victory in the Premier League and they now sit a point behind third-placed Southampton, who travel to Arsenal on Wednesday evening.

Marouane Fellaini opened the scoring but Steven N'Zonzi pulled Mark Hughes' men level before the break. Juan Mata's free-kick secured the three points for United, and Van Gaal believes the win was well deserved, despite a sub-par display in the first half.

"I am not happy with the performance. I was not pleased with the first half. We were not so aggressive as in the last match and we want to play in the same style," said the Dutchman.

"In the second half we played much better, keep the positions, more aggressive but then you have to finish it. [James] Wilson could have finished it, Fellaini could have finished it.

"In England when it is like that you know the coach of the other team shall do something and Peter Crouch we knew in advance. It is difficult to defend long balls and a great save from [David] De Gea.

"You have to see the whole match and say there is one team that deserved it and that is Manchester United."

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'I am a very crazy coach' - Van Gaal admits results don't always impress him

515301_heroa.jpg

By Tom Maston
Dec 3, 2014 11:47:00

The Manchester United manager saw his side labour to victory over Stoke City and wants the Red Devils to see out games more comfortably in future

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has admitted he is a "very crazy coach" due to performances impressing him more than results.

The Red Devils moved to within a point of third-placed Southampton in the Premier League table after a 2-1 victory over Stoke City on Tuesday, with Marouane Fellaini and Juan Mata finding the net.

But United had to hang on in the closing stages, with David De Gea and Ashley Young both denying Mame Biram Diouf in stoppage time as the Potters pushed for an equaliser.

And Van Gaal was unhappy that his team did not make life comfortable for themselves, though he was pleased with the way the players reacted after a disappointing first half.

"In the first half we were not aggressive enough and also we didn't keep out positions on the pitch so I wasn't pleased at half-time," he told Sky Sports.

"I think the second half was much better. We created more chances - we scored, but we need to score more goals.

"You know that [Peter] Crouch is coming on and the long balls are coming, but I'm very happy that we held this result until the end.

"The last few minutes were not necessary. We have struggled till the end and in the Premier League it is common but I'm happy with the result. It's our fourth victory in a row which is also important.

"I had to select a new line-up, but I don't want to talk about the injuries. I want to talk about the players who gave us this result. They fought until the end.

"I'm always impressed by our performance than by the result - I'm a very crazy coach. I want a better performance.

"Against Hull City I liked our performance, but today it could have been better."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kompany in race against time to face Roma

673501_heroa.jpg

By Jamie Dunn
Dec 3, 2014 09:57:00

Manuel Pellegrini has ruled the Manchester City captain out of the next two league games, as he awaits the medical team's assessment of the Belgian's hamstring injury

Manchester City could be without captain Vincent Kompany for their vital Champions League clash with Roma.

The Premier League champions came from behind in dramatic fashion to beat Bayern Munich 3-2 at the Etihad Stadium on matchday five, and must now win against the Serie A side away from home to progress to the knockout stages.

But Manuel Pellegrini has ruled the Belgian out of league games against Sunderland and Everton and is facing an anxious wait over the centre-back's fitness ahead of the must-win game in Rome on December 10.

"Vincent Kompany is not able to play against Sunderland or against Everton, that’s sure," Pellegrini said. “We’ll see if he arrives against Roma, but that will depend on the opinion of the doctor.

"It’s very difficult, because I cannot say without the opinion of the doctor how his injury will improve in the next days. It depends what degree of muscle injury he has.

"It’s very difficult to know in this moment if he can play in Rome."

Pellegrini has a decision to make on who to play in central defence against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Wednesday.

With Eliaquim Mangala suspended, Bacary Sagna could deputise at centre-back alongside Martin Demichelis, while Dedryck Boyata is also a candidate for a start.

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hazard will sign new Chelsea contract, says Mourinho

625651_heroa.jpg

By Sam Lee
Dec 3, 2014 10:29:00

The Belgian had been linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain towards the end of last season but has been in contract talks for months and is ready to commit

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is confident Eden Hazard will soon sign a new contract at Stamford Bridge.

Hazard has been in talks with the Blues since June, and is ready to commit to a new deal which will make him the highest-paid player in the club's history.

The Belgian had been linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain at the back end of last season, but when discussing the make-up of his squad, Mourinho made it clear that he has no concerns over the forward's future.

“You look at the age of the players... [Didier] Drogba and John [Terry] are over 30," he told reporters. "After that, everyone is below 30. Ivanovic is at that limit. All the other guys are very young.

“If they're happy to be here, like Oscar is showing with a new contract, like Eden is showing: he will sign a new contract sooner or later. They can basically be the Chelsea team for the next few years.”

Mourinho is also calm over the future of captain Terry, whose own contract expires this summer.

“Don't worry,” he added. “Don't worry with his contract, because he's not worried. We are not worried. The board has to know before you.”

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rodgers in the dark over Balotelli incident

594571_heroa.jpg

By Tom Maston
Dec 3, 2014 08:26:00

The striker is facing a probe from the FA related to an Instagram post, but the Liverpool boss would not be drawn on the incident after the victory over Leicester

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is yet to intervene in the racism controversy involving striker Mario Balotelli.

The Italian, who is currently out of action due to a hamstring injury picked up on international duty, is facing investigation from the Football Association after posting a picture on Instagram which is alleged to be racist and anti-Semitic.

Balotelli has since apologised for the post, but Rodgers has not been involved in the club's dealing of the incident.

When asked about Balotelli, Rodgers told reporters: “I don’t know anything about it, I’ve been busy with the team."

Rodgers was instead focused on his side's upturn in fortunes and change in mentality after recording two straight wins against Stoke City and Leicester City, with goals from Adam Lallana, Steven Gerrard and Jordan Henderson securing a 3-1 victory at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday.

“What’s important for me is the spirit," he said. "[The draw against] Ludogorets was a good performance and the weekend [victory over Stoke] was good though it was a tight game. We’ve changed it around and looked at the mentality of the team going into the games.

“This [Leicester] is a tough place to come. They’ve only lost once here this season. We go behind in the game and show the resolve to come back into it.

"The momentum is very important. It’s small steps but we’ll get to where we want to get to."

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Van Gaal dismisses 'disgusting' January spending spree reports

676712_heroa.jpg

Dec 5, 2014 18:21:00

The Manchester United boss has been linked with a host of big-name signings when the transfer window reopens but he says such stories are harmful, especially to his current squad

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has hit out at reports suggesting that he will be invited to freely invest in the January transfer window.

The Red Devils spent almost £150 million over the summer and recent speculation has linked the club with another buying spree in the winter as they continue to rebuild after their disastrous 2013-14 season.

But Van Gaal has distanced himself from another splurge in the transfer market and believes that such reports are disrespectful to his current squad, who currently sit in fourth place in the Premier League table.

"I think it is disgusting, always writing about numbers. I don't think that Ed Woodward said anything about it, I don't think I have," the Dutchman told the press.

"I think it's disrespectful to my players. I don't talk about it. I believe in the players. That is my answer."

Despite dealing with a host of injuries this season, United could leapfrog Southampton into third place by beating the high-flying Saints when they meet on Monday evening.

One player who is unlikely to be moving to Old Trafford, meanwhile, is Diego Godin, with Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone laughing off speculation that United were ready to meet the defender's €30 million release clause.

Van Gaal also used his pre-match press conference to reveal that Wayne Rooney and Jonny Evans are fit again and available for selection, though Angel Di Maria remains sidelined.

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Injured Walcott to miss Stoke & Galatasaray clashes - Wenger

540411_heroa.jpg

By Harry Sherlock
Dec 5, 2014 11:39:00

The England international sustained a fresh injury blow on international duty after his recovery from a prolonged absence, though Kieran Gibbs could return this weekend

Arsene Wenger has revealed that Theo Walcott will miss Arsenal's upcoming clashes with Stoke City and Galatasaray, as he continues to recover from a groin injury.

The England international made his return from an anterior cruciate ligament injury against Burnley on November 1 but subsequently suffered a groin injury whilst on Three Lions duty.

And Wenger confirmed he will be absent for at least another week, while Nacho Monreal and Mathieu Debuchy will also miss the Stoke clash, though the Frenchman is hopeful of having Kieran Gibbs available for selection.

"He has an injection today so he will not play. Galatasaray is also too early," Wenger told reporters when asked about Walcott.

"Nacho Monreal is out for tomorrow's [Saturday's] game. Hopefully Kieran Gibbs will be back. Wojciech Szczesny should be in full training today. Mathieu Debuchy is back in training (but) it's too early for him."

Meanwhile, Wenger also confirmed that Abou Diaby is set for a return to training, having suffered yet another blow in his quest to reach full fitness, and the Gunners boss admits the Frenchman will receive a new deal if he can make a proper recovery.

"He is on the brink of returning to training. If he's fully fit he'll have a new deal," he added.

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Van Gaal: Rooney in, Di Maria out against Southampton

641581_heroa.jpg

Dec 5, 2014 17:09:00

The Manchester United skipper and Jonny Evans are both back in contention for Monday, though the Dutchman feels that he should not be judged in comparison to the high-flying Saints

Louis van Gaal has confirmed that Wayne Rooney will return for Manchester United's clash with Southampton on Monday night, though Angel Di Maria remains sidelined.

The club-record signing from Real Madrid limped out of the Red Devils' 3-0 win over Hull City before missing the midweek victory over Stoke City and is still unable to return to the first team.

Skipper Rooney, though, who also missed the narrow win over the Potters on Tuesday night, is now back to full fitness and available for selection once again.

Of opponents Southampton, Van Gaal remarked: "I think they have a very good squad, some of whom I know.

"I think they are able to come in the first four but that's also because I believe in the management, in Ronald Koeman ... I believe the cohesion is good and he can manage."

Southampton, indeed, have fared better than United so far this season, despite spending less on transfers in the summer, but the Dutchman argued: "Clubs ask more money from Manchester United. Do you think Southampton pay more money? No, because it's Southampton."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jovetic and David Silva out for Manchester City

680502_heroa.jpg

By Alex Fisher
Dec 5, 2014 14:42:00

The Montenegrin striker came off injured during the win over Sunderland on Wednesday and joins the Spanish midfielder in being unavailable to face Everton

Manchester City will be without Stevan Jovetic and David Silva for Saturday's Premier League game away against Everton.

Jovetic, who scored his fourth league goal of the season against Sunderland on Wednesday, picked up a knock early in the second half and was replaced by James Milner after 56 minutes.

Silva, meanwhile, has not featured for City since their 2-0 defeat to Newcastle in the League Cup in October due to a knee injury and Pellegrini has revealed that the Spaniard faces a race against time to make their crucial Champions League clash with Roma on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, captain Vincent Kompany will be unavailable to face Everton due to a hamstring problem but Aleksandr Kolarov and Edin Dzeko are ready to return after calf injuries.

"Kolarov and Dzeko are in the squad [to face Everton], [but] Silva and Jovetic are out," the Chilean told reporters.

"We have a last test on [Kompany] on Monday to decide [if he can face Roma]. It is possible he could travel."

Pellegrini expects a tough test from Everton but believes that his side have found their stride again and can extend their five-match unbeaten run in all competitions.

"[Everton] like to have possession and have very technical players," he remarked. "I am sure against us they will be a very strong team.

"[But] we're returning to our normal performance. Important players are playing well and that means the team play well."

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cech will not leave Chelsea in January, insists agent

468084_heroa.jpg

By Harry Sherlock
Dec 5, 2014 13:10:00

The Czech Republic international has been heavily linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge but his representative insists he will stay for the duration of the season

Petr Cech’s agent has stressed that the Chelsea goalkeeper will not leave the club during the January transfer window.

The shot stopper has been relegated to the bench in recent months, with Thibaut Courtois returning from three consecutive loan spells with Atletico Madrid to take the No.1 shirt at Stamford Bridge.

Cech’s lack of playing time – the 32-year-old has made just one Premier League appearance this season, against Arsenal – has led to reports that he could leave the Premier League leaders, with the likes of Roma, Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool all reportedly interested, though Arsene Wenger recently denied any interest in the stopper.

The former Rennes man's representative Viktor Kolar, however, has made it clear that the Italian club have not tabled an official bid and insists his client will remain at Stamford Bridge until at least the summer.

"There has been no contact with AS Roma,” he told the Evening Standard. “Certainly Petr will not move during the transfer market in January."

Cech's contract with Chelsea is due to expire in the summer of 2016.

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Abu Diaby, Walcott and Wilshere although good assets when fully fit are rarely ever that. They are not worth their salaries due to their constantly being unavailable due to one injury or other. For Arsenal to be successful the attact minded Wenger should replace them with a good DM and another good defender or two.

Injured Walcott to miss Stoke & Galatasaray clashes - Wenger

The England international sustained a fresh injury blow on international duty after his recovery from a prolonged absence, though Kieran Gibbs could return this weekend

Arsene Wenger has revealed that Theo Walcott will miss Arsenal's upcoming clashes with Stoke City and Galatasaray, as he continues to recover from a groin injury.

The England international made his return from an anterior cruciate ligament injury against Burnley on November 1 but subsequently suffered a groin injury whilst on Three Lions duty.

And Wenger confirmed he will be absent for at least another week, while Nacho Monreal and Mathieu Debuchy will also miss the Stoke clash, though the Frenchman is hopeful of having Kieran Gibbs available for selection.

Redknapp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abu Diaby, Walcott and Wilshere although good assets when fully fit are rarely ever that. They are not worth their salaries due to their constantly being unavailable due to one injury or other. For Arsenal to be successful the attact minded Wenger should replace them with a good DM and another good defender or two.

But in terms of players transfers spending, coaching and management, Man Yoo falls short with huge disappointment. It's facts not opinion and u can see it for yourself it's reported in sports tabloids. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Redknapp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Liverpool striker Balotelli charged by FA

585431_heroa.jpg

Dec 5, 2014 16:05:00

The Italy international star has been accused of an "abusive and/or insulting and/or improper" post on Instagram which referenced black people and Jewish culture

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been charged by the Football Association after posting an image on his Instagram account that is alleged to be racist and anti-Semitic.

The Italy international posted an image of video game character Super Mario accompanied with a caption that referenced black people and Jewish culture before swiftly deleting it.

The club admitted they would speak to the player over the issue while the FA opened an investigation, and the footballing body has now moved to charge the controversial forward.

A statement read: "Mario Balotelli has been charged by the FA in relation to a recent posting on social media.

"It is alleged the Liverpool player breached FA rule E3[1] in that his posting was abusive and/or insulting and/or improper.

"It is further alleged that this is an 'Aggravated Breach' as defined by FA rule E3[2] as it included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race and/or nationality and/or religion or belief.

"The player has until 18:00GMT on December 15, 2014, to respond to the charge."

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats quite true but they seem to be gelling right now and producing some results. Lets see how they deal with Southampton. Anyway there was a recent article about Gaalacticos so it sounds like there is going to be more spending and building over there and some who are deemed deadwood released.

But in terms of players transfers spending, coaching and management, Man Yoo falls short with huge disappointment. It's facts not opinion and u can see it for yourself it's reported in sports tabloids. :rolleyes::biggrin:

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy is just not worth it even if he scores some goals but which he is not doing right now. I dont like JM but have to concede that he has a good eye for good and disciplined,teachable players . Balotelli does dont come anywhere near ...he is just trouble on 2 legs.

Liverpool striker Balotelli charged by FA

The club admitted they would speak to the player over the issue while the FA opened an investigation, and the footballing body has now moved to charge the controversial forward.

A statement read: "Mario Balotelli has been charged by the FA in relation to a recent posting on social media.

"It is alleged the Liverpool player breached FA rule E3[1] in that his posting was abusive and/or insulting and/or improper.

Drogba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pearson refuses to apologise for fan spat

5 December 2014

752555header.jpg

Nigel Pearson refused to apologise for his spat with a Leicester City supporter during Wednesday's Premier League defeat to Liverpool.

The 51-year-old was involved in a verbal altercation with the fan during the 3-1 defeat at the King Power Stadium, with Pearson seemingly taking exception to the team's committment being questioned.

After the match manager Pearson confirmed the disagreement and suggested those with similar opinions should "stay at home".

The former Hull City boss attempted to clarify his stance at a pre-match news conference ahead of Saturday's clash with Aston Villa, but was adamant there would be no apology forthcoming.

"Apologise to who? No, I'm not apologising to him. I've had run-ins in with fans in the past and sometimes, heat of the moment, these things happen," he said.

"But there certainly won't be any apology, let's put it like that."

Leicester are on a nine-match winless run that stretches back to September's thrilling 5-3 victory over Manchester United.

Pearson said he could understand why supporters were unhappy with results, but believes those frustrations should be aired in an appropriate manner.

"It depends on how they [fans] do it [voice frustrations]," he added. "I'm not saying they can't, but then they can't bleat on about it if they get a taste of their own medicine.

"I don't think everybody is totally frustrated with how we're playing, they're frustrated with the results."

Drogba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Koeman not worried about Pelle goal drought

5 December 2014

752567header.jpg

​Ronald Koeman is not worried about Graziano Pelle's recent lack of goals for Southampton and says it is up to the team to be more creative.

The Italian forward has gone six matches without scoring in the Premier League, his last strike coming in the 8-0 victory over Sunderland in mid-October.

He scored twice that day to take his league tally to six but, apart from a double against Stoke City in the League Cup, the goals have dried up.

Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to Arsenal was another frustrating outing for the 29-year-old, but his manager remains confident the goals will come and stressed the importance of the team creating chances for Pelle.

"I think our opponents are analysing our attacking players more," he said. "Maybe they have better defending against Graziano, but we had more problems creating opportunities.

"Both are reasons why Pelle has not been scoring in last few games, it was the same at the start of the season, I have total confidence in the player.

"Our focus has to be about the way of playing, if we have quality possession we'll have chances to win.

"I believe in a way of playing and that's the most important. I am not focused on the position of the table, more focused on the way of playing."

Pelle's next chance to end his goal drought will come on Monday when Southampton welcome in-form Manchester United to St Mary's Stadium.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

West Ham boosted by return of Sakho and Song

5 December 2014

752406header.jpg

West Ham are set to be boosted by the returns of Diafra Sakho and Alex Song for Sunday's Premier League clash with Swansea City.

Sakho's return is a particularly relief for manager Sam Allardyce after the Frenchman made a blistering start to his Premier League career by scoring in six-successive matches, before a shoulder injury sustained on international duty last month curtailed his progress.

The 24-year-old, who has not featured since their clash with Aston Villa in early November, has come through a full week of training and is in contention to face Garry Monk's men.

Song has also been in impressive form since moving to Upton Park on a season-long loan deal from Barcelona in the last transfer window.

He has missed the last three matches with a knock, but is set to provide more options in midfield for Allardyce this weekend.

"Sakho and Song have been training all this week so the opportunity for them to join the squad this weekend is good," he said.

"Having Enner [Valencia] and Sakho back, Andy [Carroll] getting fitness, [Mauro] Zarate and Carlton Cole, our striking options are great."

Allardyce feels the key to beating Swansea at Upton Park lies in stopping in-form striker Wilfried Bony.

The Ivory Coast international has six Premier League goals to his name this season and Allardyce wants a collective team effort to stem his threat.

"I think it's difficult to stop Bony," he added. "Hopefully on the day we'll keep him quiet but he is in terrific form at the moment.

"It's about the team as a whole stopping the supply."

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hull lose Diame to knee injury

5 December 2014

752382header.jpg

Hull City midfielder Mohamed Diame has been ruled out for up to three weeks with a knee problem.

The Senegal international limped out of Hull's 1-1 draw with Everton on Wednesday after 53 minutes, with manager Steve Bruce confirming on Friday that the 27-year-old is set for a spell on the sidelines.

Diame was sent for a scan on the problem following the draw at Goodison Park and the results have shown that he needs to rest to avoid any further problems.

That will be a blow for Bruce ahead of their crucial clash with West Brom on Saturday, with Hull looking to end a seven-match winless run.

"It's a problem to his tendon to his knee that's been bothering him for two or three weeks," said Bruce.

"We've got to be patient with it. We hope he's going to be involved over Christmas, but we've got to leave him for two or three weeks for it to settle down."

Diame has impressed since his arrival from West Ham in August, with four goals from midfield in 10 Premier League starts.

There was some good news for Bruce ahead of Saturday's clash, though, with the return of Abel Hernandez after missing the last two matches through injury.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

City Football Academy opened in Manchester

697892_heroa.jpg

By Matthew Rogerson
Dec 8, 2014 18:50:00

The Manchester club have opened the new academy complex as part of their vision for building for the future, and believe the development is unique

Manchester City have opened their City Football Academy complex in a bid to improve the number of homegrown players coming through the club.

Since the Premier League champions were bought by Sheikh Mansour in 2008, City have often preferred to look abroad when it comes to player recruitment.

While signings from overseas have helped the club add to their trophy cabinet, a lack of English players has proven problematic when it comes to meeting Premier League quotas on homegrown players.

The likes of Jack Rodwell and Adam Johnson have already moved on after struggling to impress at the Etihad Stadium, while Scott Sinclair and Dedryck Boyata seem unlikely to feature under Manuel Pellegrini.

However, the club opened the academy, which has been four years in the making, with the complex tipped to serve as a breeding ground for the club's age-group sides as well as community initiatives.

The 7,000 capacity Academy Stadium will be used by the Elite Development Squad, Manchester City Women and the local community.

"We wanted to build something that was unique in the world of football," explained academy director Brian Marwood.

"The vision was always about building for the future," added Khaldoon Al Mubarak, with the City chairman also touching on the importance of the academy in terms of the English champions' place in global football.

City already have existing partnerships with New York City - the soon-to-be MLS side - and Australian outfit Melbourne City, and Elite Development Squad coach Patrick Vieira stated he is excited about the project.

He said: "What I find really exciting about the project is before designing the facilities, they've been to the football world, the basketball world, the NFL world. There is a lot of hard work behind the project."