• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Samaras

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Clubs spent €144m in agents' fees in past year, reveals Premier League

590401_heroa.jpg

By Tom J Doyle
Nov 28, 2014 23:47:00

The 20 top-flight teams paid out nearly €25 million more between October 1, 2013, to September 30, 2014, than the previous year, with Chelsea the highest spenders of €21m

Premier League clubs spent a combined €144 million on agents' fees during the last two transfer windows, with Chelsea and Liverpool shelling out the most.

The Premier League released the official figures on Friday, revealing that the top flight's 20 clubs have spent a total of £144,817,545 between October 1 of 2013 and September 30 of this year.

League leaders Chelsea spent the most with an outlay of €21m, with Liverpool not far behind on €18m.

Jose Mourinho's side have brought in Nemanja Matic, Mohamed Salah, Kurt Zouma, Cesc Fabregas, Diego Costa, Mario Pasalic, Filipe Luis, Didier Drogba and Loic Remy in the past year.

Brendan Rodgers has invested heavily - adding Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can, Lazar Markovic, Dejan Lovren, Divock Origi, Alberto Moreno and Mario Balotelli - to build on last season's second-placed finish, though the Reds are struggling in 12th position this season.

Champions Manchester City spent the third-highest amount with €16.09m, while Tottenham were the final club to break eight figures, with an outlay €13.79m.

Manchester United – who signed six players this summer, including Angel Di Maria for a British-record fee of €75m – were fifth in the standings, with a spend of €10.01m, while Arsenal spent just €5.39m – the ninth-highest in the top flight.

Premier League new-boys Burnley and Leicester City spent the least - €1.12m and €2.01m, respectively – with the overall total representing an overall rise of nearly €25m from the previous year's total (€120.62m).

ThosayMaureenNeo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone can see from our results that we spent wisely unlike the rest of the other clubs.

League leaders Chelsea spent the most with an outlay of €21m, with Liverpool not far behind on €18m.

Jose Mourinho's side have brought in Nemanja Matic, Mohamed Salah, Kurt Zouma, Cesc Fabregas, Diego Costa, Mario Pasalic, Filipe Luis, Didier Drogba and Loic Remy in the past year.

Brendan Rodgers has invested heavily - adding Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can, Lazar Markovic, Dejan Lovren, Divock Origi, Alberto Moreno and Mario Balotelli - to build on last season's second-placed finish, though the Reds are struggling in 12th position this season.

Champions Manchester City spent the third-highest amount with €16.09m, while Tottenham were the final club to break eight figures, with an outlay €13.79m.

Manchester United – who signed six players this summer, including Angel Di Maria for a British-record fee of €75m – were fifth in the standings, with a spend of €10.01m, while Arsenal spent just €5.39m – the ninth-highest in the top flight.

Premier League new-boys Burnley and Leicester City spent the least - €1.12m and €2.01m, respectively – with the overall total representing an overall rise of nearly €25m from the previous year's total (€120.62m).

ThosayMaureenNeo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Injury prone coupled with reckless tackling resulting in recurrent injuries. If I were managing Arsenal I would have sold him and taken Fabregas back.

Wilshere took to Instagram to confirm the news and said that "everything went well", while urging his fans to stay positive.

"Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight," he wrote. "You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to.

"If somebody puts you down or criticises you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive."

[/COLOR]

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

665151_thumb.jpg

Sunderland 0-0 Chelsea: League leaders held in scrappy clash
The top flight table-toppers kept their unbeaten record intact but were pushed all the way by Gus Poyet's dogged Black Cats as the points were shared at the Stadium of Light

640541_thumb.jpg

Wenger: Arsenal are united around me
A banner reading 'Arsene, thanks for the memories but it's time to say goodbye' was unfurled after the Gunners' victory at the Hawthorns, but he is determined to continue

664281_thumb.jpg

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City: Glen Johnson secures vital win for Rodgers
The Reds had not won in five matches but the England right-back's late header handed them a 1-0 victory against the Potters to ease the pressure on Brendan Rodgers

664631_thumb.jpg

Manchester United 3-0 Hull City: Van Gaal's men hammer hopeless Tigers
The Red Devils have now won three Premier League matches in a row for the first time since last December thanks to goals from Chris Smalling, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie

664601_thumb.jpg

Burnley 1-1 Aston Villa: Ings penalty rescues point
The England Under-21 striker netted this fourth goal in five matches after Joe Cole netted for the first time in 23 months late in the first half

664751_thumb.jpg

West Ham 1-0 Newcastle: Hammers see off 10-man Magpies
Aaron Cresswell scored his first goal for the club to make it 13 points from five home matches for Sam Allardyce's side, as Alan Pardew sees his own good run come to an end

664411_thumb.jpg

Swansea City 1-1 Crystal Palace: Eagles survive early bombardment to earn a point
Mile Jedinak held his nerve from the penalty spot to cancel out Wilfried Bony’s well-taken opener and edge Neil Warnock’s visitors another point clear of relegation danger

521351_thumb.jpg

Queens Park Rangers 3-2 Leicester City: Austin goal decides Loftus Road thriller
Striker settled contest after Esteban Cambiasso and Jeffrey Schlupp had netted for the Foxes and a Wes Morgan own goal and a Leroy Fer strike had offered replies for the hosts

654821_thumb.jpg

Rodgers: Liverpool still capable of top-four finish
The Reds sit 12th in the Premier League following a disappointing autumn but the Northern Irishman is confident that they can chase down Manchester United in fourth

663961_thumb.jpg

West Brom 0-1 Arsenal: Welbeck the difference for the Gunners
The England striker nodded home on the hour to down the Baggies and secure a first victory in three Premier League outings for Arsene Wenger's side, lifting them into the top four

Redknapp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pellegrini expects Lampard decision in December

29 November 2014

0.jpg

Manuel Pellegrini says Manchester City will hold talks over Frank Lampard's loan in December with a view to keeping him at the club longer.

The former England international is currently on loan from MLS side New York City, who get their maiden campaign under way next season.

With New York not due to play in MLS until March and Lampard impressing for City so far this term, there have been suggestions the English champions will look to extend the 36-year-old's stay at the club.

Lampard - due to return to his parent club in January - has spoken of the possibility of extending his stay at the Etihad Stadium and Pellegrini confirmed a decision will likely be made in December.

"We are going to talk to all the parties and make a decision in December," the Chilean told the British press.

"If all parties agree then maybe we can keep him, but it could be that we want to keep him and Frank wants to go.

"I speak to Frank every day and I have the impression that he is playing better every day.

"I am certainly very happy with the loan so far."

ThosayMaureenNeo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can MCity or Arsenal win the league title when my players like Lampard and Cech who have passed their prime can be a major factor in their first team.

nd make a decision in December," the Chilean told the British press.

"If all parties agree then maybe we can keep him, but it could be that we want to keep him and Frank wants to go.

"I speak to Frank every day and I have the impression that he is playing better every day.

"I am certainly very happy with the loan so far."

[/COLOR]

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Valencia back in training for West Ham

1 December 2014

750130header.jpg

West Ham have been boosted by Enner Valencia's return to training as they try to cope with the demands of playing two games in three days.

Allardyce's men moved back up to fifth in the Premier League with a 1-0 win over Newcastle United at Upton Park last Saturday, but face a quick turnaround as they travel to take on West Brom on Tuesday.

The 60-year-old conceded that his side are suffering from the effects of tiredness heading into the trip to The Hawthorns, with midfielder Mark Noble a doubt, but he is hopeful that Ecuador international Valencia will be available.

"We've got a little bit of fatigue still from Saturday's game," Allardyce said. "We got one or two knocks and bruises but we they should be fine. The biggest doubt is Mark Noble who had another kick on his calf which he played through against Newcastle.

"Enner Valencia is back in the squad and he'll be training with is today. Winston Reid comes back from suspension.

"To have Enner back, with is pace is a great option for us. He's an exciting player and I think we have yet to see the best of him."

The former Newcastle and Blackburn Rovers boss also indicated that top scorer Diafra Sakho, who has seven goals this season, could make his comeback from a back problem on Sunday when West Ham welcome Swansea City to Upton Park.

"He [Sakho] won't be far away," Allardyce added. "It's a disappointment as he's been out for a while as he was in such good form. If all goes well he could be back to face Swansea on Sunday."

PerMertesacker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Coloccini set to return for injury-hit Newcastle

1 December 2014

750140header.jpg

​Newcastle United are set to be boosted by the return of captain Fabricio Coloccini from injury ahead of Tuesday's clash with Burnley.

The Argentinian missed his side's last two games due to a calf problem, but is line to make a comeback as Newcastle aim to get back to winning ways at Turf Moor after losing 1-0 to West Ham on Saturday.

Coloccini's return will be welcome news to Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, whose problems have mounted in recent days due to injuries to the Dutch duo of Tim Krul and Daryl Janmaat.

Goalkeeper Krul is set for a spell on the sidelines because of a twisted ankle that kept him out of the West Ham loss while Janmaat is a doubt with a hamstring problem that saw the right-back limp off in the 74th minute at Upton Park.

Those setbacks are a blow to a Newcastle side that has been ravaged by injuries this season, but Pardew is understandably glad to be able to welcome Coloccini - along with Rolando Aarons and Emmanuel Riviere - back into the fray.

Aarons, 19, has seen a hamstring injury keep him out of action since the start of last month and Riviere was on bench against West Ham after several weeks on the sidelines.

"We've got one or two coming back this week that will feature in the Burnley game," Pardew said.

"Emmanuel, even though he didn’t get on because of the injury to Daryl, is in and around and ready to play.

"Aarons should be around on Tuesday, and the same for Colo. That is what Premier League squads are for.

"We have done absolutely superbly with the guys we have got now, and the guys who have come in."

Redknapp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Warnock eyes quality additions at Palace

1 December 2014

750137header.jpg

Neil Warnock is eager to bring quality to Crystal Palace in January to help cover the absences of Mile Jedinak and Yannick Bolasie.

Both players are on international duty early next year, with captain Jedinak in action for Australia in their AFC Asian Cup campaign while Bolasie features for DR Congo in the Africa Cup of Nations.

And, speaking ahead of Tuesday's Premier League game against Aston Villa, Warnock explained that he is on the lookout for players who are capable of fulfilling the roles played by key figures such as Jedinak and Bolasie.

"It would be nice [to bring in players in January] but the chairman knows that we need to [improve] two or three areas - not just in numbers but quality," he said.

"The quality we probably haven't got but we've got a genuine bunch who don't know when they're beaten.

"We don't want to disrupt what we've got and we need to be careful with the type of player we bring in and they have to be better quality-wise.

"It would be nice to bring someone in on January 1 and we're looking at targets but it's difficult. Other teams want to replace ones they're selling and it always seems to end as a scramble however hard you try.

"James McCarthy came in for Jedinak at Old Trafford and I thought he was superb so we've got players around, but Jedinak and Bolasie will be missed.

"The good news is that [Marouane] Chamak won't be going. That is a plus for us."

Chamak will not feature at the African showpiece in Equatorial Guinea after Morocco were stripped of hosting the tournament and kicked out due to a disagreement over the dates of the tournament and fears over Ebola.

Warnock also addressed apparent concerns over issues between him and the striker, having brought Chamakh off shortly after the hour in Saturday's draw with Swansea City, following a yellow card in the first half.

"I've not a problem with Cham. On Saturday, he didn't lose it, but the circumstances, even in the second half, he is how he is and he is temperamental," Warnock added.

"He wants to do everything for you but it's a matter of cooling him and I didn't want to risk him missing Tuesday [through suspension].

"A younger more inexperienced ref may have booked him for bouncing the ball or something."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wenger: I must be a genius to have hidden my tactical ineptitude for so long

663851_heroa.jpg

Dec 1, 2014 09:30:00

The Frenchman has hit back at his critics after a section of supporters unfurled an 'Arsene out' banner against West Brom, and insists he is totally committed to managing Arsenal

Arsene Wenger has launched a staunch defence of his managerial ability after a section of Arsenal fans displayed a banner calling for his resignation.

Despite beating West Brom 1-0 on Saturday, a banner was unfurled at full-time which read: “Arsene, thanks for the memories but it is time to say goodbye,” with supporters frustrated by the club's lack of silverware in recent years.

The Frenchman has hit back at his critics, though, citing his remarkable record of having qualified for the Champions League knockout rounds in 15 consecutive seasons as proof of his ability.

"I started to manage a team at the top level in 1983. If I am completely useless tactically, I am a genius [because] I can hide it very well," Wenger told reporters.

"Look, in [each of] the last 15 years, we are qualified for the last 16 in the Champions League. Give me another club who has done that. I think we have shown extreme consistency and that’s all we can do.

"We’ve had ups and downs in the league - yes, it’s true, but you only come back again when the spirit is strong and healthy and united inside the club.

"And I think if you have shown such a consistency, it’s because we have that at the club. We have values and we respect them."

664651_heroa.jpg

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES | Wenger is adamant he will not be affected by the banner

Wenger insists that he was not affected by the banner displayed at the Hawthorns and is confident he is still the right man for the job, even if he no longer has the full support of the Arsenal fanbase.

"I can do my job," the 65-year-old added. "I do my job with total commitment, I would like people to live with me and see for seven days what kind of work we produce, and you will see that it is total commitment.

"I do what I love, but I think I do it with honesty and total commitment."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van Gaal: Christmas games are bad for Premier League players

670731_heroa.jpg

By Sacha Pisani
Dec 1, 2014 09:40:00

The Old Trafford coach says the busy English schedule is not good and denies his team have a title race advantage due to missing out on European football

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal joined the growing list of critics slamming the Premier League's busy Christmas period.

United are preparing to embark on six league matches in December, starting with the visit of Stoke City to Old Trafford on Tuesday.

The Manchester club will also play three Premier League games in the space of eight days over Christmas - Aston Villa (December 20), Newcastle United (December 26) and Tottenham (December 28).

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman was scathing of the heavy fixture list last week, labelling it as "crazy".

And while the situation is far from ideal for Van Gaal and his players, the 63-year-old Dutchman is willing to adapt to life in England's top flight.

"I cannot change it, I don't think it is good for the players that they play within two days of a match," said Van Gaal.

"December shall be like that, and we have also family. I also have a wife, and kids and grandchildren and I cannot see them at Christmas.

"But, I want to work in the Premier League so I have to adapt and I shall adapt."

Despite failing to qualify for the Champions League this season, the Dutch coach doubts a lack of continental fixtures will aid United in a potential title challenge.

When asked whether the extra rest would beneift his squad, he answered: "No, I don’t think so. It depends on the injuries and the other clubs are also used to playing in the Champions League.

“You cannot say Chelsea are not used to playing in the Champions League, the Premier League, the League Cup and the FA Cup. They are used to that and they have all those selections for that.

“When you are challenged during the whole season, you become better and we have to train to become better. It’s a longer way to improve than if you play games against top opponents.”

United - fourth in the table - host Stoke after winning three straight games.

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mourinho: Financial Fair Play protects the big clubs

468214_heroa.jpg

By Harry Sherlock
Dec 1, 2014 15:15:00

The Chelsea manager acquired the likes of Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa in the summer but believes that the current rules are unfair on emerging clubs striving to reach the top

Jose Mourinho claims Financial Fair Play is a “contradiction”, because it only benefits the biggest clubs in Europe.

The Chelsea manager acquired the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Diego Costa and Filipe Luis in the summer but recouped nearly all of the expenditure with a series of high-profile sales, including the €50 million departure of David Luiz to PSG.

Such movement is vital under the conditions of Uefa’s rules, but Mourinho believes those with established riches – such as Barcelona and Real Madrid – are the only clubs who benefit from the conditions, because FFP sets an unfair hierarchy.

"I think Financial Fair Play is a contradiction because, when football decided to go for Financial Fair Play it was exactly to put teams in equal conditions to compete,” he told Yahoo.

"But what happened really with the Financial Fair Play is a big protection to the historical, old, big clubs, which have a financial structure, a commercial structure, everything in place based on historical success for years and years and years.

"And the 'new' clubs - I call them 'new' clubs, those with new investment - they cannot put themselves quickly at the same level. Clubs with new owners cannot immediately attack the control and the domination of these big clubs.”

Mourinho also repeated the mantra that Chelsea are “little horses” striving to reach the top, insisting that the Blues have the “ambition to be a great club”, but are not quite yet elite.

"Chelsea is not an old, historical, huge club - but it's also not a club with a new owner,” he added. “It's a club with the same owner for more than 10 years. A club with a very important history, with great stability too, and at this moment I think we are just below them."

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Krul facing six weeks out

Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul has been ruled out for up to six weeks with an ankle injury.

453906890_3217034.jpg

Monday 01st December 2014

The Netherlands international suffered ligament damage during training ahead of Saturday's 1-0 defeat at West Ham.

Rob Elliot deputised at Upton Park and will now be called upon over a key spell that includes trips to Arsenal and Manchester United, as well as a Tyne-Wear derby with Sunderland and a Capital One Cup quarter-final at Tottenham.

Manager Alan Pardew, speaking at a news conference ahead of Tuesday's Premier League visit to Burnley, confirmed Krul could be sidelined until "January - possibly mid-January".

Captain Fabricio Coloccini remains doubtful with a calf problem, while Moussa Sissoko, who was sent off on Saturday, and Jack Colback, who picked up a fifth booking of the campaign in the same game, will miss out through suspension.

Only 19 senior players will travel to Turf Moor - Daryl Janmaat, Mike Williamson and Massadio Haidara all carrying knocks - and Pardew admits his injury situation is "critical".

He said: "It's critical in terms of the spine of the team: no Tim (Krul), no Coloccini, no Moussa (Sissoko), no Jack (Colback), who would all start if they were fit.

"But we've been in this position before and we've won because the squad has good strength and I hold no fears going to Burnley.

"They've done terrifically of late and they'll be gunning for us. We respect them but we don't fear them."

scommetix

Chelsea defeat spurred Tottenham on – Kane
750659header.jpg
Harry Kane says Tottenham can show how far they have come under Mauricio Pochettino when they travel to Chelsea on Wednesday.

Tottenham were beaten 4-0 on their last visit to Stamford Bridge, when Tim Sherwood was at the helm, and Kane – an unused substitute in that game - is determined to set the record straight.

Unbeaten Chelsea top the Premier League by six points after 13 matches, while Tottenham are slowly climbing the table after a stuttering start under Pochettino.

Back-to-back league victories have lifted them to seventh heading into the midweek fixutres and Kane pointed out that his side have all the motivation they need to get one over on their London rivals.

“Obviously it is never nice when you get beat, especially by that sort of margin,” he said of March’s loss. “We had to look at each other, dust ourselves down and really push on. I think since then we’ve done well.

“This is a new season now, we’ve got a great bunch of lads and I think we’re all together and we’ll take that into the game on Wednesday.

“This season we have stuck together in games and in pre-season, we get on well and we have shown that on the pitch.

“We were honest with each other that day – and we had to be at that stage. Sometimes you have to do that in football when results don’t go your way.

“You need to look at yourself and dust yourself down and stick together and push on.”

Tottenham have not won at Chelsea since 1990, when Gary Lineker struck the winning goal in a 2-1 victory.

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

677382_thumb.jpg

Gerrard serves up timely reminder of value to Liverpool's cause
The 34-year-old refused to answer questions on his future at Anfield but proved the match-winner for Brendan Rodgers against Leicester City on Tuesday night

677142_thumb.jpg

Gerrard: I'm still undecided on Liverpool contract
The 34-year-old says he does not know what to do yet about his future but is keen for the focus to be on the side's performances, rather than his contract negotiations

677252_thumb.jpg

Crystal Palace 0-1 Aston Villa: Benteke makes the difference
The Belgium international was back in the team following his red card against Tottenham and his goal handed Paul Lambert's men their first victory since September 13

677042_thumb.jpg

West Brom 1-2 West Ham: Tomkins & Nolan strike as Hammers come from behind
Sam Allardyce's men recovered from Craig Dawson's early opener to earn a victory that keeps them in the top six and leaves the Baggies hovering above the relegation zone

677192_thumb.jpg

Player Ratings: Swansea 2-0 QPR
Late goals from Ki Sung-Yueng and Wayne Routledge broke down a stubborn QPR to continue Harry Redknapp's away woes and preserve the Welsh side's good start

677112_thumb.jpg

Burnley 1-1 Newcastle: Cisse cancels out Boyd screamer
The Clarets move out of the bottom three after grinding out a draw at home to Alan Pardew's men, who are now without victory in two matches after winning seven on the bounce

677142_thumb.jpg

Leicester City 1-3 Liverpool: Reds record second straight win
The 34-year-old pounced on a fumbled clearance by Wes Morgan to stroke in the winner for the Reds after Adam Lallana cancelled out a Simon Mignolet own goal opener

677152_thumb.jpg

Manchester United 2-1 Stoke City: Fellaini & Mata hand Van Gaal fourth straight victory
The Red Devils made life difficult for themselves, though, with Mame Biram Diouf twice seeing efforts miraculously saved off the line dep into injury time

677192_thumb.jpg

Swansea 2-0 QPR: Ki & Routledge combine to seal late victory
Robert Green pulled off a string of impressive saves to keep the visitors in the match but late goals from the South Korean and the winger ended their stubborn resistance

666171_thumb.jpg

Henry wishes for Arsenal return
The 37-year-old believes he still has something to offer on the pitch, while Arsene Wenger has said the Frenchman will "certainly" return at some point in the future

667951_thumb.jpg

Manchester City to make late call on Kompany
The Manchester City captain suffered a hamstring injury in the 3-0 win over Southampton and has just over 24 hours to prove he is fit to face Sunderland on Wednesday

575121_thumb.jpg

Martinez determined to keep Arsenal & Manchester United target McCarthy
The Everton midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to one of the Premier League giants but the Spaniard is desperate to ensure he remains at Goodison Park

468084_thumb.jpg

Mourinho: Chelsea have received no offers for Cech
The Blues boss insists there have been no bids for the Czech Republic international and says he has faith in Loic Remy and Didier Droba in the absence of Diego Costa

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tottenham in better shape for Chelsea clash - Kane

669711_heroa.jpg

By Alex Fisher
Dec 2, 2014 22:16:00

The striker, who has shone for Mauricio Pochettino's side this term, believes the 4-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge last season forced the north Londoners to push on

Harry Kane says Tottenham can show how far they have come under Mauricio Pochettino when they travel to Chelsea on Wednesday.

Tottenham were beaten 4-0 on their last visit to Stamford Bridge, when Tim Sherwood was at the helm, and Kane - an unused substitute in that game - is determined to set the record straight.

Unbeaten Chelsea top the Premier League by six points after 13 matches, while Tottenham are slowly climbing the table after a stuttering start under Pochettino.

Back-to-back league victories have lifted them to seventh heading into the midweek fixtures and Kane pointed out that his side have all the motivation they need to get one over on their London rivals.

"Obviously it is never nice when you get beat, especially by that sort of margin," he said of March's loss.

"We had to look at each other, dust ourselves down and really push on. I think since then we've done well.

"This is a new season now, we've got a great bunch of lads and I think we're all together and we'll take that into the game on Wednesday.

"This season we have stuck together in games and in pre-season, we get on well and we have shown that on the pitch.

"We were honest with each other that day - and we had to be at that stage. Sometimes you have to do that in football when results don't go your way.

"You need to look at yourself and dust yourself down and stick together and push on."

Tottenham have not won at Chelsea since 1990, when Gary Lineker struck the winning goal in a 2-1 victory.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

FA to investigate Balotelli's controversial Instagram post

Mario-Balotelli-Liverpool-012.jpg

By Tom Maston
Dec 2, 2014 08:46:00

The Italy international posted an image of Super Mario along with a caption referencing black people and Jewish culture, and has since apologised

The Football Association will investigate Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli after he posted on his Instagram a message that was deemed to be racist and anti-Semitic.

The Italy international posted an image of video game character Super Mario accompanied with a caption that referenced black people and Jewish culture before swiftly deleting it.

But the FA have been alerted to the message and will investigate as to whether it breaches their social media rules.

Liverpool have admitted they will be speaking to the player regarding the issue, while Balotelli has taken to Twitter to apologise over his actions.

"I apologise if I've offended anyone. The post was meant to be anti-racist with humour," he wrote.

"I now understand that out of context [it] may have the opposite effect.

"Not all Mexicans have [a] moustache, not all black people jump high and not all Jewish people love money.

"I used a cartoon done by someone else because it has Super Mario and I thought it was funny and not offensive. Again, I'm sorry."

If found guilty of posting racist comments, the former Manchester City forward could face a fine and a ban despite his apology.

QPR defender Rio Ferdinand was banned earlier in the season for three matches following a post on his Twitter, though it is understood there were no racial connotations in his message.

Balotelli has previously been the victim of racist abuse via social media, most recently when mocking Manchester United's defeat to Leicester City in September.

MeeSoupOzil

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Considering last night's results if Arsenal lose to Soton tonught they would start to be off the pace even for 4th place and would have to get a string of good results over the Xmas schedule to be in the running again.