• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ Serie A Season 2015-16 ★

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maicon escapes thigh tear

19 August 2015 15:03

895814header.jpg

Roma full-back Maicon has avoided a tear to this left thigh, scans have confirmed.

The experienced defender pulled up early during training on Monday and was subsequently sent for tests to assess the severity of the issue.

The Serie A club subsequently released a statement on Wednesday that read: "After stopping training on August 17 due to discomfort in his left thigh, Maicon underwent a series of medical tests that ruled out any tears.

"The player will continue with the personalised training plan he has been following for the past few days."

It remains to be seen if the former Inter and Manchester City will be fit to face Verona in their Serie A opener on Saturday.

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Roma land Rudiger from Stuttgart

19 August 2015 17:55

895896header.jpg

Roma have completed the signing of Germany international Antonio Rudiger on an initial one-year loan from Stuttgart with the option to make the move permanent.

Serie A club Roma have paid €4million up front, with a further €9million due if they want to complete a full transfer for the centre-back from the 2016-17 season.

"I'm absolutely delighted to be able to wear the Roma jersey," he told Roma's official website.

"I've come here to win titles, to win the Scudetto. I would like to thank all the Roma fans and promise them that I will give everything for this club."

Rudiger made his debut for Germany in May 2014 and has gone on to win six caps with the national team.

The 22-year-old old has risen from Stuttgart's youth team to become a first-team regular, and departs the Bundesliga side having made 66 appearances.

Roma have been on the lookout for defensive reinforcements having sold Alessio Romagnoli to Milan, and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa to Lyon.

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alex Sandro arrives for Juventus medical

20 August 2015 09:47

896200header.jpg

Porto defender Alex Sandro is set to become Juventus' latest signing ahead of the Serie A season after arriving for a medical on Thursday.

The Italian champions announced his arrival through their official Twitter account, with the 24-year-old left-back having already been welcomed by Massimiliano Allegri and Giuseppe Marotta on Wednesday.

Alex Sandro will be the sixth major signing made by Juve during the close season, following in the acquisitions of Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic, Simone Zaza, Neto and Sami Khedira.

The Brazil international, who is expected to put pen to paper on a five-year deal, is reportedly set to cost Juve €20million.

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Roma complete Gyomber loan deal

20 August 2015 14:23

896313header.jpg

Serie A side Roma have completed the signing of Catania defender Norbert Gyomber on a season-long loan, with the option for a permanent deal.

The Slovakia international has spent the past two seasons with Catania, scoring one goal in 26 appearances.

Gyomber now moves to Stadio Olimpico and becomes Roma's second defensive signing in as many days following the arrival of Germany international Antonio Rudiger from Stuttgart on Wednesday.

"Roma are without doubt one of the world's biggest clubs and I'm happy to be here," Gyomber told Roma's official website.

The signing comes on the same day Catania were demoted to Lega Pro from Serie B for the club's part in a match-fixing scandal.

Gomez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alex Sandro completes €26m Juve move

20 August 2015 18:13

896445header.jpg

Porto have confirmed that full-back Alex Sandro has joined Juventus for a fee of €26million.

Juve announced that the Brazil international arrived in Turin for a medical earlier on Thursday.

Primeira Liga side Porto subsequently released a statement on their official website confirming the sale of the 24-year-old to the Serie A champions.

It brings an end to a four-year stay in Portugal for Alex Sandro, during which time he has collected two league titles with Porto.

Juve subsequently confirmed Alex Sandro has signed a five-year contract.

Massimiliano Allegri has been busy adding to a squad that won a Serie A and Coppa Italia double last season.

Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic, Simone Zaza, Neto and Sami Khedira have also moved to the Juventus Stadium, and it is thought the club are keen on bringing in another midfielder.

Gomez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Serie A Preview: Juve target five in a row

20 August 2015 15:21

896346header.jpg

Juventus head into the new Serie A season looking to win a fifth Scudetto on the bounce for the second time in their history.

The Turin giants, who begin their campaign at home to Udinese on Sunday, comprehensively won the title for a fourth time in succession last term, finishing 17 points clear of nearest rivals Roma.

Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Carlos Tevez have all had key roles to play during Juve's period of dominance, but departed for pastures new during a transitional close-season.

Pirlo headed to the United States to join New York City, while Vidal joined Bayern Munich and Tevez returned to Argentina to sign for Boca Juniors.

However, Massimiliano Allegri's ranks have been bolstered by the arrivals of Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic, Sami Khedira and Simone Zaza.

And the UEFA Champions League finalists will need to call on all that quality as they look to fend off Rudi Garcia's Roma, who have also recruited well, with Edin Dzeko, Wojciech Szczesny and Mohamed Salah arriving at Stadio Olimpico on loan.

Roma begin with a trip to Verona before hosting Juve a week later.

For the two Milan clubs, the focus will be on returning to the top table of Italian football.

Milan disposed of the services of coach Filippo Inzaghi after finishing 10th last season, replacing him with ex-Sampdoria boss Sinisa Mihajlovic, while Inter have brought in Geoffrey Kondogbia, Stevan Jovetic and Jeison Murillo in a bid to improve on their eighth-placed finish.

Inter, though, have lost Xherdan Shaqiri and Mateo Kovacic to Stoke City and Real Madrid in recent weeks.

Milan head to Fiorentina on Sunday, with Inter, who have failed to finish higher than fifth in the past four seasons, opening at home to Atalanta.

Lazio ran city rivals Roma close for second spot last term and are in action on Saturday against Bologna - one of three promoted clubs alongside Carpi and Frosinone.

Playing in the 4,144-capacity Stadio Sandro Cabassi, Carpi earned promotion to the top tier for the first time in their history as Serie B champions, nine points ahead of Frosinone.

Napoli are preparing for life without coach Rafael Benitez - now at Real Madrid - with Maurizio Sarri in charge for the trip to Sassuolo.

There will also be new faces in the dugout when Fiorentina and Sampdoria begin their seasons, after Paulo Sousa replaced Vincenzo Montella in Florence, while Walter Zenga filled the void left by Mihajlovic.

Marco Giampaolo is the new man at the Empoli helm, in place of Sarri, and he will face his first test with the visit of Chievo on Sunday.

Udinese have also had a change of coach, with Stefano Colantuono coming in for Andrea Stramaccioni.

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Roma coach Garcia hints at Cole exit

21 August 2015 16:28

896888header.jpg

Ashley Cole appears destined to leave Roma after head coach Rudi Garcia confirmed the full-back will not play in Sunday's Serie A opener at Verona.

Former England defender Cole moved to Stadio Olimpico ahead of the 2014-15 campaign, but struggled to make an impact and featured in just 11 league matches.

Reports earlier this week suggested that the ex-Chelsea star's contract could be terminated and it appears increasingly likely the 34-year-old will depart.

"Cole won't be in the squad," Garcia said. "That's a decision we've made as a club."

Garcia, though, has been delighted with Roma's work in the transfer market as he bids to end his wait to win a trophy in his third season at the club.

The likes of Edin Dzeko, Wojciech Szczesny, Mohamed Salah, Antonio Rudiger and Norbert Gyomber have all moved to the Italian capital as Garcia attempts to end the domestic dominance of Juventus.

"The club has done excellent work in the transfer market to improve, that's always been our aim," he added.

"Some great players have joined and the window is still open. We'll finalise our squad between now and September 1.

"We've got a great squad with a wonderful team spirit. There will be difficulties but we'll be stronger as a unit.

"I came to Rome to win trophies and my ambitions haven't changed. The primary objective is still qualifying for the Champions League.

"I've been here two years and this season I see a lot of promises, enthusiasm and conviction."

Bacca

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bacca expects swift return to Champions League

21 August 2015 13:55

896806header.jpg

Carlos Bacca may have given up UEFA Champions League football in moving from Sevilla to Milan, but he expects to be playing in the competition with his new club next season.

Milan got their campaign off to a winning start with a comfortable 2-0 success over Perugia in the Coppa Italia on Monday.

Bacca failed to find the target in that game but offered evidence that he could develop a strong understanding with strike partner Luiz Adriano - the Brazilian netting Milan's second after a neat exchange between Bacca and Keisuke Honda.

Sinisa Mihajlovic's side travel to Fiorentina in the opening round of Serie A this weekend, and Bacca is convinced they will have a successful season and seal a return to Europe's premier club competition.

"My wish was that of playing in a top team and that's what happened," the Colombian told the Corriere dello Sport. "I feel like I've been here for a very long time, thanks in part to structures like Milanello and Casa Milan [the club's training facilities].

"The difference between Milan and Sevilla is that the latter is a great club, but Milan are a top club, among the best in the world.

"I felt really driven to come here and I gave up on playing in the Champions League for that.

"It makes no matter, I know I'll have to wait only one year and then I hope I can win it with Milan too.

"Our targets have to be the Scudetto, a return to the Champions League and the Coppa Italia."

Gomez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sampdoria demand €25million for Milan target Soriano

22 August 2015 07:11

897178header.jpg

Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero is not willing to part with Roberto Soriano for less than €25million.

Milan are reportedly interested in Soriano as former Sampdoria coach Sinisa Mihajlovic attempts to reunite himself with the Italy international midfielder.

Mihajlovic and Co. must fork out the cash, however, if they want to lure the 24-year-old to San Siro.

"If Milan paid €20m for [Andrea] Bertolacci, that means they can give us €25m for Soriano and then we'll see," said Ferrero, whose Sampdoria kick-off their Serie A season at home to new boys Carpi on Sunday.

"Soriano is a Samp player for as long as he wants to be.

"He was not contacted by Milan, so it's all just talk. I didn't go to Forte dei Marmi to meet with [Milan CEO Adriano] Galliani and [Genoa President Enrico] Preziosi. Only the rich go to the beach there…"

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sarri unsure over Napoli prospects

22 August 2015 14:44

897315header.jpg

Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri says more competition from the Milan clubs in Serie A this term mean his side's final position remains something of a mystery.

Since Sarri replaced Rafael Benitez in June, Napoli have brought in the likes of Mirko Valdifiori and Vlad Chiriches, although the squad remains similar to the one that finished fifth last term.

Napoli have featured in both the UEFA Champions League and the Europa League over recent seasons but with Inter and Milan heavily strengthening, Serie A looks set to see greater competition at the top.

"I do not know where we fit in the table," Sarri said ahead of Sunday's trip to Sassuolo.

"Napoli finished fifth in a league in which Milan and Inter were absent from the top, they are now coming back and it will make for a more competitive league.

"The goal is to bring out 101 per cent from this team and we'll see where we get. I do not know where we will finish but we want to be sure we have given more than the maximum."

Prior to replacing Benitez, Sarri had returned former club Empoli to Serie A in 2013-14 before keeping the club in the top flight with a 15th-placed finish last term.

Sarri warned his new side remain a work in progress, adding: "It is normal that we are a team under construction.

"The physical condition is not yet at the top but it is something that is the same for all the teams.

"We are evolving, so tactically we are still not flawless, but we have quality players that can help us."

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Llorente still has a future at Juve – Allegri

22 August 2015 14:06

897294header.jpg

Fernando Llorente still has a future at Juventus amid speculation linking him with Sevilla, according to Massimiliano Allegri.

The Spain striker is a rumoured target for the UEFA Europa League winners, with a potential loan deal reportedly in the offing.

But Juve coach Allegri has intimated that he wants to keep hold of the 30-year-old, who netted seven Serie A goals last term.

"Fernando Llorente will be important for us again this year," said Allegri as he faced the media on Saturday ahead of his side's league opener against Udinese on Sunday.

"He's in good shape and he's a player I trust."

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alex Sandro: Evra is my idol

24 August 2015 17:12

898578header.jpg

New Juventus signing Alex Sandro has revealed his idol to be Patrice Evra - the very man he will challenge for the starting left-back berth in Turin.

Brazil international Alex Sandro arrived at Juventus Stadium from Porto for a fee of €26million last week and says it has always been an ambition to play for the Serie A champions.

"Playing here has always been a dream for me and now it's coming true," he said. "Juventus was the perfect choice for me. Coming here will help me to develop as both a person and player.

"Juventus are a team I've always been fond of. As a youngster I admired Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet.

"After Porto went out of the Champions League I cheered for Juventus."

Discussing his inspirations, Alex Sandro added: "Roberto Carlos and Patrice Evra are the two players who I've most looked up to."

Alex Sandro could make his debut when Juve take on Roma this weekend, having been an unused substitute for Sunday's 1-0 defeat to Udinese, and is hungry to play his own part in the club's history.

"I always give 100 per cent to win," he said. "I'm confident I'll be able to show my qualities both during games and in training.

"Serie A is a tough league and the most tactical in the world. I know playing here will help me to develop.

"We're working hard and will strive to win all the competitions we're involved in this season."

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cuadrado thrilled with Juventus fans´ welcome

25 August 2015 05:49

898867header.jpg

Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado hailed Juventus as one of Europe's best teams, as he arrived in Turin ahead of his medical with the Serie A club on Tuesday.

Juventus are set to confirm Cuadrado as a loan signing from Chelsea, with the 27-year-old having been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge throughout the current transfer window.

Fans of Juventus flocked to Milan Malpensa Airport on Monday to welcome Cuadrado to Italy, and the former Fiorentina midfielder claimed it was a pleasant surprise.

"I didn't expect it but it was a great welcome and something that spurs you on perform well," he told Juventus' website.

"Juventus are a great team and one of the best in Europe. We've got everything it takes to fight for the Scudetto [Serie A championship] and we hope to defend our title.

"I'm here to give 100 per cent, work hard and prepare well for every game."

Cuadrado has played just one game for Chelsea this season, coming off the bench in their 3-0 loss at Manchester City, and if his loan deal goes through, he will temporarily depart Stamford Bridge with only 13 league appearances and four starts.

During his time at Fiorentina, the Colombia international played 85 Serie A matches and scored 20 goals.

Michu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Berardi to miss weeks with thigh injury

25 August 2015 06:19

898868header.jpg

Sassuolo have been dealt a blow, with lead striker Domenico Berardi to miss multiple matches due to a right thigh injury.

Berardi came off injured during Sassuolo's 2-1 win over Napoli in their Serie A opener on Sunday.

Sassuolo confirmed the severity of Berardi's injury 24 hours later, with the 21-year-old striker suffering a "trauma to the quadriceps femurs in the right thigh."

Berardi could now miss up to several weeks.

The Italy U21 international, who joined Sassuolo on a permanent basis from Serie A champions Juventus during the off-season, scored 15 goals in 32 league appearances during his loan spell at Stadio Citta del Tricolore last term.

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Juve wasting ´new Messi´ Dybala, fumes Zamparini

25 August 2015 12:50

898981header.jpg

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri should have used Paulo Dybala earlier in Sunday's defeat to Udinese, according to Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini - who also reiterated his view that the striker is the "new Lionel Messi".

Dybala scored in Juve's Supercoppa Italiana triumph over Lazio but featured for only the final 25 minutes of their 1-0 loss against Udinese - the champions' Serie A defence getting off to a low-key start.

The 21-year-old made the move from the Stadio Renzo Barbera during the close-season and Zamparini feels the highly rated forward should feature in Allegri's starting XI.

"Someone has to get better at Juventus and it isn't Dybala, it's Allegri," Zamparini told reporters.

"Dybala has great ability and it was no wonder that when he came on against Udinese he immediately created two goal-scoring chances.

"Allegri is like all Italian coaches. He thinks he can affect the games of his team and doesn't understand that you have to allow players freedom to play."

Having helped his former club back into Serie A, Dybala scored 13 goals in 34 league outings last term as Palermo finished 11th.

"I have never had a player as good as Dybala [at Palermo]," Zamparini added.

"My prediction is that if he continues to progress, then in the next two or three years he can become the new [Lionel] Messi.

"Dybala has the potential to be a top player and it should surprise no one if his value rises to €100m soon enough, as is the case with [Juve midfielder] Paul Pogba."

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schalke reject Roma´s Kolasinac bid

26 August 2015 13:43

899527header.jpg

Schalke general manager Horst Heldt has rejected a bid from Roma for Bosnia-Herzegovina defender Sead Kolasinac.

The Serie A club are in the market for a left-back after Jose Holebas' departure to Watford and coach Rudi Garcia freezing Ashley Cole out of his first-team plans.

And they have turned to Kolasinac, who returned from a serious knee injury to make a handful of appearances at the backend of last season for Schalke.

Heldt told a news conference on Wednesday: "Roma has issued an offer for Sead Kolasinac. We have met together and rejected it."

Kolasinac is the latest player to emerge on the radar of a Serie A club, with Juventus reportedly determined to sign Julian Draxler from the Veltins-Arena before the transfer deadline passes.

Gomez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Digne joins Roma on loan from PSG

26 August 2015 18:38

899705header.jpg

Roma have completed the loan signing of left-back Lucas Digne from Paris Saint-Germain.

The France international moves to the Stadio Olimpico on a season-long deal for a fee of €2.5million with an option to make it permanent ahead of the 2016-17 campaign.

Digne's switch to the Italian capital sees him reunited with coach Rudi Garcia, who handed the defender his senior debut in 2011 when he was in charge of Ligue 1 side Lille.

"I chose AS Roma because it's a legendary club with a big history," Digne told Roma TV.

"I know that in this city and at this club there's everything you need to have success."

The 22-year-old joined PSG from Lille in July 2013, but has been unable to nail down a regular place in the starting XI at the Parc des Princes.

Digne, who has eight France caps to his name, has made 44 appearances in all competitions for PSG and will now look to establish himself in the Roma first team under Garcia.

Gomez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Juve striker Llorente undergoing Sevilla medical

26 August 2015 21:07

899777header.jpg

Juventus striker Fernando Llorente is undergoing a medical at Sevilla.

The UEFA Europa League holders issued a brief statement on Wednesday confirming that former Athletic Bilbao man Llorente has been given permission to discuss a return to Spain.

Massimiliano Allegri, the Juve coach, appeared to dismiss speculation linking Llorente with Sevilla at the weekend, when he said: "Fernando Llorente will be important for us again this year. He's in good shape and he's a player I trust."

But the 30-year-old Spain international, who has netted 27 goals in 92 appearances for Juve, has now seemingly been deemed surplus to requirements in Turin.

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Milan v Empoli: Zapata sets sights on ´must-win´ fixture

27 August 2015 13:28

900077header.jpg

Cristian Zapata has labelled Milan's Serie A clash with Empoli as a "must-win match", despite it being only the second fixture of their league campaign.

Sinisa Mihajlovic's side – who welcomed Mario Balotelli back on loan from Liverpool this week – were beaten by Fiorentina last time out, losing 2-0 and having Rodrigo Ely sent off at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

And Zapata, who came on as a substitute during the defeat, knows that major improvements are needed if Milan are to prevail over Empoli – beaten 3-1 by Chievo in their opener – at San Siro on Saturday.

"We only have one option in the match against Empoli and that is to win," he said.

"We didn't play well against Fiorentina and after we had a man sent off, things got complicated for us.

"It's going to be a hard match. Empoli also lost their first fixture, and we know it is a must-win match.

"We cannot make any mistakes. We need to play in the right manner and with confidence in every area of the team.

"If we break the deadlock early, then it will be a different match, because Empoli will come to sit back, defend and close themselves up."

Milan will be buoyed by the return of Balotelli, with the enigmatic striker having re-joined the club on a season-long loan.

However, the hosts are still likely to be without influential forward Jeremy Menez – a rare positive from last season – while young centre-back Rodrigo is suspended, but Zapata is hoping for a win that could prove a catalyst for their season.

"This is now my fourth season at Milan. The first one was very good, and we qualified for the Champions League," he added.

"The last two seasons meanwhile haven't been successful. Let's hope things can change this season and Milan can get back to the levels it is used to."

Meanwhile, Empoli midfielder Riccardo Saponara is eyeing for triumphant return to his former club.

The 23-year-old originally joined Milan from Empoli in 2013, but after a disappointing spell at San Siro, returned to the Stadio Carlo Castellani on loan before signing permanently in the close-season.

"I want to do well. Not for a sense of revenge but for the stadium where we will play and the opponents," Saponara said on the club’s official website.

"The experience with Milan gave me a lot on a personal level. I think that when an opportunity comes along, it should be taken and looking back, I would to the same thing."

Palermo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Balotelli: I've played like a boy, now I must be a man

mario-balotelli-galeria_1h63ejac4c6ke1er8kmnm438gx.jpg

By Rupert Fryer
Aug 27, 2015 11:21:39

The 25-year-old has vowed to learn from his mistakes and make the most of his second chance at AC Milan after ending his Liverpool nightmare to secure a return to his homeland

Mario Balotelli has vowed to grow up and conduct himself "like a man" following his return to AC Milan.

The 25-year-old ended his Liverpool nightmare this week by securing a loan move back to San Siro after becoming persona non grata under Brendan Rodgers at Anfield.

And the Italy international says he must learn from his mistakes and grab his second chance with both hands as he looks to resurrect his career back in Serie A.

“I have played and lived as a boy,” he told Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“Now I will live and play as a man. I know that many do not believe in me, but I have a duty to try and to make sure I succeed.

“The past must be remembered to avoid making the same mistakes, but the future cannot be viewed through a rear view mirror. The time has come to turn a page and look forward.

“Things haven’t gone well. I have wasted several opportunities. But the game is not over... I still have a second chance."

After starting his career with city rivals Inter, Balotelli hit 26 goals in 43 league appearances for Milan following a 2013 switch from Manchester City.

However, he found the net just once in 16 Premier League outings for Liverpool last season and was forced to train alone during pre-season after Rodgers banished him from all first-team duties.

He is also yet to appear for his country since last year’s World Cup, but is hoping a return to form at Milan could keep his Euro 2016 dream alive.

“I have to do well with Milan in order regain the Italy shirt,” he said.

“But right now I just have to work hard and take it one step at a time. If I can get things together then maybe I can make it to France.

“I want to play the European Championships and I will do everything to achieve that. To see me play for the national team was one of my father’s wishes before he died. I owe it to him.”