• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ Bundesliga Season 2015-16 ★

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aubameyang eyes future in La Liga

28 October 2015

936754header.jpg

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has set his sights on a move to La Liga in the future, but only when he decides the time is right to leave Borussia Dortmund.

The Gabon international has been in sensational form in the Bundesliga this season with 13 goals in 10 appearances, making him the top goalscorer in the league ahead of Robert Lewandowski.

Dortmund recently tied Aubameyang down to a new contract at Signal Iduna Park until 2020, but the 26-year-old says he would like to test himself in Spain later in his career.

"One day I'll leave to play in another league," he told BBC World Service. "My dream is to play in Spain.

"After that contract I have this dream to play in Spain. I hope that will happen but when? I don't know.

"Lots of people think that the Premier League would good for me but my mum is Spanish and I really have that dream to play over there.

"After that maybe one day the Premier League but for the moment I aim to one day play in Spain."

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola should sign one-year extension - Hitzfeld

29 October 2015

937555header.jpg

Former Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld feels it would make sense if Pep Guardiola were to sign a one-year extension with the Bundesliga champions.

Guardiola's existing deal with Bayern is due to expire at the end of the 2015-16 campaign and he recently re-iterated that he is in no rush to make a decision on his long-term future.

Hitzfeld has advised the former Barcelona coach to sign a new contract until June 2017, though, as both parties would benefit from such an agreement.

"A one-year extension would be a good solution for both Bayern and Guardiola," Hitzfeld told Bild.

"A one-year deal would not work when a coach just arrives at a club, but it would make sense after three years.

"Guardiola has rebuilt the team at Bayern and is nearly done doing so. Bayern are playing some outstanding football. It is now important to continue on the same path.

"With a one-year extension, both sides still have some freedom, but also have certainty."

Guardiola has guided Bayern to successive Bundesliga titles since joining them in 2013, but Champions League glory has so far evaded him, the Bavarian giants crashing out in the semi-finals in the past two seasons.

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Werder Bremen v Borussia Dortmund: Skripnik to consider formation change

29 October 2015

937448header.jpg

Werder Bremen coach Viktor Skripnik has admitted he will need to consider a change in system in order to stop free-scoring Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga on Saturday.

Thomas Tuchel's Dortmund have won four straight games in all competitions, scoring 17 goals in the process.

In-form striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, scorer of 20 goals in 17 appearances this season, netted hat-tricks in the 3-1 Europa League win at Qabala and the 5-1 Bundesliga hammering of Augsburg last week.

Those results were followed up with a 7-1 demolition of Paderborn in the DFB-Pokal on Tuesday, in which Gonzalo Castro scored twice, while Marco Reus has three goals in the last four matches.

Second-placed Dortmund, who trail leaders Bayern Munich by seven points, will be heavy favourites to maintain their run of form with victory at the Weserstadion.

But Bremen go into this contest on the back of consecutive wins having previously struggled for form at start the campaign.

Anthony Ujah was on target twice in a 3-1 league success at Tuchel's former club Mainz last week, and the Nigeria international scored the decisive goal in Wednesday's 1-0 Pokal triumph over Cologne.

Despite the recent upturn in fortunes Bremen are still a 14th in the Bundesliga having taken 10 points from as many games.

And, looking ahead to the daunting visit of Dortmund, Skripnik told the club's official website: "Saturday will certainly not be easier. We have to be equally focused.

"The 4-1-4-1 system is working very well for us at the moment. We have deserved the last two wins, but you can never rely on one system, and we will have to think of an alternative."

However, midfielder Fin Bartels is more upbeat over Bremen's hopes of a positive result, saying: "Dortmund are riding on a bit of a wave, and are very dangerous going forward.

"It will be a difficult game, but we are very solid at the back at the moment. This will certainly be helpful against Dortmund."

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayern Munich: Lahm talks up champions´ hunger

28 October 2015

936741header.jpg

Bayern Munich captain Philipp Lahm says the Bundesliga champions' hunger and desire is fuelling their dominant start to the season ahead of Friday's trip to face Eintracht Frankfurt.

The sides meet at the Commerzbank Arena off the back of differing DFB-Pokal results - Pep Guardiola's men knocking out defending champions Wolfsburg, while Frankfurt fell to third-tier Erzgebirge Aue.

Bayern have won all 10 league matches this term and consolidated their usual position atop the table with a 4-0 victory over Cologne last time out.

Arjen Robben made a goalscoring return from injury in the victory at the Allianz Arena, with Mehdi Benatia able to feature on Friday having been an unused substitute in the win over Wolfsburg following a hamstring problem.

Skipper Lahm paid tribute to Guardiola this week amid ongoing speculation surrounding his future and Bayern's mentality.

"It's not a secret the team works well with him and follows him. Everything else [regarding his future] is not in our hands," explained the former Germany international.

"Of course it's not a normal thing to show a good performance everytime. This is impressive.

"Every Bundesliga match is a new challange, our opponents don't make it easy for us. The nice thing is that we stay hungry.

"We have a lot of energy and concentration on the pitch, otherwise such a streak would not be possible."

Armin Veh's Frankfurt will become the latest side to try to stop Bayern's 11-match winning run in the Bundesliga, which stretches back to the end of last season.

However, an upset at the hands of Aue is far from ideal preparation for the visit of the champions - Veh's men humbled by Max Wegner's 74th-minute strike at the Sparkassen-Erzgebirgsstadion.

Days earlier, Frankfurt ended a five-game winless streak with victory over Hannover and midfielder Stefan Aigner pulled no punches in his assessment of the cup exit.

"I can understand why the fans are mad after this performance. Everything we have built up against Hannover, we broke again," he explained.

"Aue were not that good, we were just so poor. I have no desire to stand here after the game and talk about it.

"It was just a s***** game from us."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Review: Reus fires Dortmund to victory, Gladbach march on

31 October 2015

938711header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund recorded a 3-1 win at Werder Bremen to narrow the gap to Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to five points.

Marco Reus took advantage of a goalkeeping howler from Felix Wiedwald in the ninth minute to open the scoring.

Anthony Ujah then levelled the scoring for Bremen, but Henrikh Mhitaryan restored Dortmund's lead shortly before the interval with a fine header.

The Armenia international turned provider after the interval as he set up Reus for his second goal of the game.

Borussia Monchengladbach beat Hertha Berlin 4-1 for their sixth consecutive Bundesliga win after they had lost their opening five matches of the campaign.

Oscar Wendt gifted Gladbach the lead after 26 minutes of play and Raffael doubled the lead just two minutes later.

Granit Xhaka converted a penalty after the break to effectively put the match to bed, with Alexander Baumjohann scoring a consolation goal for Hertha before Havard Nordtveit netted his side's fourth.

There were no goals to be seen in Huub Stevens' first match in charge of Hoffenheim as Cologne held out for a 0-0 draw at home.

Schalke endured a difficult game against Ingolstadt and had to settle for a 1-1 draw as Leroy Sane's 77th-minute strike cancelled out Tobias Levels' opener for the underdogs.

Yoshinori Muto put in a man-of-the-match performance for Mainz away against Augsburg, but it was not enough for the full three points as it ended 3-3 at the WWK Arena.

The Japan international found the net in the first and 30th minute to gift his side a two-goal lead, but Paul Verhaegh pegged one back from the spot. Koo Ja-cheol then levelled the scoring after the break before Raul Bobadilla made it 3-2 to Augsburg. Muto would eventually salvage a draw for Mainz, though, as he found the net in the dying seconds to complete his hat-trick.

Finally, Wolfsburg beat Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 to move third in the table.

Nicklas Bendtner opened the scoring after 34 minutes of play after being set up by Vieirinha, yet Javier Hernandez responded before the break with the equaliser.

Dieter Hecking then opted to bring on Julian Draxler and Bas Dost, who were initially rested, and his decision immediately paid off as the former Schalke star netted the winner after an assist from the towering Dutchman.

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Review: Hannover, Stuttgart secure vital wins

1 November 2015

939275header.jpg

Hamburg took an early lead against Hannover at the Imtech Arena but ended up on the receiving end of a 2-1 defeat.

A fantastic run down the right win from Nicolai Muller opened up the Hannover defence and Michael Gregoritsch added a simple finish to his cross with just six minutes played.

Hamburg remained on top and were denied a second as Ron-Robert Zieler saved from Dennis Diekmeier, before Marcelo Diaz struck the post with a free-kick in the 27th minute.

Hannover were handed a lifeline in the 59th minute when Emir Spahic brought down Uffe Bech inside the box – Hiroshi Kiyotake converting from the spot to restore parity.

The turnaround was completed eight minutes later as Salif Sane headed Kiyotake's cross into the back of the net, lifting Michael Frontzeck's men from the bottom three and up to 14th position.

Stuttgart also picked up a crucial victory over Darmstadt at the Mercedes Benz Arena to lift them out of the bottom three.

Darmstadt thought they had been awarded a penalty in the 10th minute when Przemyslaw Tyton brought down Sandro Wagner, but after initially awarding the spot-kick, referee Robert Hartmann spotted a flag raised for offside against the striker.

Martin Harnik took a knock in the first half and was replaced by Alexandru Maxim moments after Marcel Heller forced Tyton into a save in the 31st minute.

Timo Werner rattled the crossbar in the 68th minute but Stuttgart were handed the lead one minute later when Gyorgy Garics headed Christian Gentner's cross into the back of his own net.

Darmstadt continued to be the better team but their push for an equaliser left them exposed and Werner wrapped up the win for the hosts after rounding Christian Mathenia, moving them up to 15th place and Werder Bremen into the relegation play-off position.

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Injured Howedes out of Revierderby

1 November 2015

939138header.jpg

Schalke captain Benedikt Howedes wil miss the Revierderby against Borussia Dortmund in a week's time after fracturing a finger during Saturday's Bundesliga clash with Ingolstadt.

The Germany international sustained the injury during the 1-1 draw at the Veltins Arena but played to the end before undergoing an operation that will rule him out for up to 10 days.

It means Andre Breitenreiter will be without his skipper for the first Revierderby of the season at Signal Iduna Park next weekend.

Howedes is also set to miss to the Europa League clash with Sparta Prague but the 27-year-old should return in time for the visit of champions Bayern Munich later this month.

The derby spoils were shared between Schalke and Dortmund last term - both sides claiming home wins against their rivals - with the pair currently separated by six points in the Bundesliga's top four.

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern Munich to face Darmstadt in DFB-Pokal

1 November 2015

939324header.jpg

Bayern Munich will host Darmstadt in the third round of the DFB-Pokal at the Allianz Arena.

No team has won the Pokal more times than Bayern's tally of 17 and, having eliminated holders Wolfsburg in the second round, they will take on Darmstadt for a place in the quarter-finals.

The two sides have already met once this season, with Arturo Vidal, Kingsley Coman and Sebastian Rode all on target in a 3-0 triumph at the Merck-Stadion am Bollenfalltor.

Bayer Leverkusen will travel to face fourth-tier Unterhaching - the side against whom they failed to secure the point needed to claim their first Bundesliga title in the 1999-2000 season - while last season's runners-up Borussia Dortmund will travel to face the top flight's bottom club Augsburg.

The fixtures are scheduled to be played on December 15 and 16.

Draw in full:

Unterhaching v Bayer Leverkusen
Erzgebirge Aue v Heidenheim
Augsburg v Borussia Dortmund
Borussia Monchengladbach v Werder Bremen
Bayern Munich v Darmstadt
1860 Munich v Bochum
Nuremberg v Hertha Berlin

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Matthaus criticises Guardiola over Bayern commitment

2 November 2015

939533header.jpg

Former Bayern Munich star Lothar Matthaus has questioned Pep Guardiola's commitment to the club over his reluctance to agree a new contract.

The former Barcelona's coach's current deal expires at the end of the season and he has repeatedly claimed talks over a renewal are not a priority, sparking rumours of a potential exit.

Manchester City have long been linked as a destination for Guardiola, while Chelsea's dismal start to the season has seen him touted as a possible replacement for an under-fire Jose Mourinho.

Matthaus, however, cannot understand why Guardiola is refusing to pledge his future to the Bundesliga champions.

"What could be better for him than to be at Bayern? His every wish is fulfilled in Munich," Matthaus told Yahoo. "What more could he want?

"Bayern have never been so dominant. They have long since reached a new level of quality.

"He's already coached Barca, Real Madrid are taboo because of his origins.

"Of course, the English have a lot of money, but they lag behind in sporting terms at the moment."

Matthaus is confident, however, that the Bayern board have plans in place should Guardiola confirm his intentions to leave at the end of his contract.

"Bayern bosses are prepared for his departure," the World Cup-winner added.

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reus: Dortmund have the potential to win Europa League

3 November 2015

940403header.jpg

Marco Reus is eyeing Europa League glory with Borussia Dortmund this season.

Dortmund find themselves competing in Europe's second-tier competition this term, following a lacklustre campaign last time around.

But they have enjoyed a fresh lease of life under coach Thomas Tuchel, with the former Mainz coach overseeing 11 consecutive wins in all competitions to begin his tenure.

Following a subsequent run of four matches without a victory, Dortmund are now on another winning streak of five games as they prepare to host Qabala in Group C, where victory will book their place in the last 32 if Krasnodar also beat PAOK.

Teams dropping out of the Champions League could then hinder Dortmund's ambitions but Reus believes his on-form team-mates have the capacity to lift the trophy.

"I think we have the potential," he said during a fans Q&A on the UEFA Europa League Facebook page.

"But after the group stage we will meet even stronger opponents. Then, it could come down to the form you have on that specific day.

"But we have the potential and really want to go to the final."

Reus joined a Dortmund side that had won back-to-back Bundesliga titles under Jurgen Klopp in 2012 and remains at the club despite seeing other star names such as Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski depart.

Nevertheless, the 26-year-old Germany international, who has been plagued by injury problems over the past two seasons, revealed that he has a long-standing admiration for one of European football's established superpowers.

"In my childhood I always played as Barcelona on the PlayStation," he added.

"That's because they have players of such extremely high quality and they play with a fantastic style as well."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tuchel: Dortmund won´t save players for Revierderby

4 November 2015

940996header.jpg

Thomas Tuchel will not rest any Borussia Dortmund players for their Europa League meeting with Qabala, despite the looming Revierderby with Schalke on Sunday.

Dortmund have taken seven points from their opening three fixtures and could qualify for the knockout round if they win on Thursday and Krasnodar defeat PAOK.

Although they face local rivals Schalke in the Bundesliga three days later, the coach insisted he will not rest any players unnecessarily and will select his best available team.

"We are aware of the importance of Sunday, but before that our full concentration is on a top performance tomorrow," Tuchel said.

"It is not fully decided yet who will play tomorrow. The players who will play will have earned their start. We will not start anyone for tactical reasons ahead of Sunday.

"Whoever wears the Dortmund shirt in the stadium tomorrow must be willing to play with everything they have."

Qabala sit bottom of Group C with one point, but Tuchel wants to avoid complacency with the experience of playing at Signal Iduna Park a possible lift for the Azeri side.

"Victory at Qabala was not a foregone conclusion. We must be alert again tomorrow," he added.

"We want to be dominant, but also need patience because we expect a compact, defensive opponent.

"We expect Qabala to be lifted by the stage. It's a great experience to play here – we want our fans to feel our team's energy."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Robben doubful for Netherlands friendlies

5 November 2015

941427header.jpg

Bayern Munich attacker Arjen Robben could miss Netherlands' friendlies against Wales on November 13 and Germany four days later.

The 31-year-old recently returned to first-team action at Bayern after a spell on the sidelines due to a thigh injury and was included in national team coach Danny Blind's provisional squad for this month's games.

Nevertheless, Robben has made it clear that he does not want to take any risks and prioritises his fitness over representing his country at this stage.

"We will have to wait and see whether I will play against Wales and Germany. I will discuss my situation with the club to see what is a sensible decision here," Robben told SBS6.

"We have to think hard about what the right decision is in my situation. My main goal now is to remain match fit until the winter break. I want to play a series of games and get some stability again. The past six months or so were terrible. I had not been injured for a while, got injured and then got another injury right away.

"Pre-season was no good for me. and then I picked up that injury versus Iceland. All in all, it has not been a good start to the season for me. That is why I am only thinking about staying fit right now.

"We will see how these friendlies fit into my schedule. We will discuss it with Bayern, the KNVB and Danny Blind. After that, we will make a final decision."

Robben has collected 87 caps so far, scoring 28 goals for Oranje.

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern Munich v Stuttgart: Bundesliga leaders face improving rivals

5 November 2015

941615header.jpg

Bayern Munich will be looking to get back to winning ways in the Bundesliga when they welcome Stuttgart to the Allianz Arena for the Sud-Derby on Saturday.

The defending champions began their campaign with 10 consecutive victories but were held to a 0-0 draw by a defensively robust Eintracht Frankfurt last time out – although 31 points from the first 11 games set a new top-flight record nevertheless.

Their blistering start to the season owed much to the form of Robert Lewandowski, but the Pole has scored just twice in his last six appearances for Pep Guardiola's side in all competitions.

Thomas Muller has taken centre stage as a result, scoring six times in as many of fixtures.

A double in the emphatic 5-1 Champions League win over Arsenal on Wednesday took his European tally for Bayern to 32 – ahead of Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on the club's list of continental goalscorers.

"It's really nice to know. I'm pleased to have achieved it, as he's a big name in European and world football," Muller said.

"It will be more difficult [to catch Gerd Muller on 66] but I'll try my best.

"I could do it [if I play until I'm 35-year-old], but playing for Bayern until then would mean playing at this level for 15 years, which isn't easy – physically or mentally."

Bayern have been victorious in each of their last 13 competitive meetings with Stuttgart – who last tasted victory against the Bavarian side with a 2-1 triumph in March 2010.

They will fancy their chances of extending that run against the side with the joint-worst defensive record in the Bundesliga this season, Stuttgart having conceded 23 goals so far.

There have been signs of improvement of late for Stuttgart, however, with three wins in their last four lifting them out of the relegation places.

And coach Alexander Zorniger believes they can continue their fine form against the league leaders.

"A master plan against Bayern does not exist," he told the club's official wesbite.

"Every team is beatable, under certain conditions. We will go to Munich in order to provide them with a challenge."

Rafinha could make his 100th Bayern appearance, while Guardiola's injury worries are beginning to ease with Medhi Benatia back and Franck Ribery closing in on a return to fitness.

Stuttgart winger Martin Harnik (knee) may require surgery following a collision with Darmstadt goalkeeper Christian Mathenia last time out and has subsequently been ruled out of Saturday's clash, but Filip Kostic could be in line for a return after more than a month out.

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dortmund have no chance of catching Bayern - Watzke

5 November 2015

941454header.jpg

Hans-Joachim Watzke believes Borussia Dortmund have no hope of catching Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga title race.

Dortmund have been largely impressive since Thomas Tuchel's arrival in the dugout and sit second in the Bundesliga having lost just once all season, although that was a 5-1 thrashing at the hands of Pep Guardiola's side, who enjoy a five-point cushion in top spot.

And Watzke believes the title race is already dead in the water.

"It makes no sense to talk about chasing down Bayern," Watzke told Bild.

"Bayern have dropped just two points so far. If they keep this up the entire season, they will spill eight points over the course of the season.

"We are only looking at our own performances. We cannot afford to get carried away now.

"We are on the right track, though, and Thomas Tuchel has already made his mark on the team. But the season is still long and we must remain hungry."

Dortmund host Qabala in the Europa League on Thursday before resuming Bundesliga action against Ruhr rivals Schalke on Sunday.

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benaglio extends Wolfsburg contract

5 November 2015

941605header.jpg

Wolfsburg captain Diego Benaglio has extended his contract with the Bundesliga club until 2017.

The 32-year-old goalkeeper has been with the DFB-Pokal holders since 2008, making 232 appearances in the German top flight following his move from Nacional.

During his first season with Wolfsburg, former Switzerland international Benaglio lifted the Bundesliga title before enjoying Pokal success last term.

Benaglio's contract had been due to expire in June next year but, having committed to the club for another year, he told Wolfsburg's official website: "I am delighted that our co-operation will continue.

"With my family I feel very good in Wolfsburg, which has become like a second home. It's nice to be on the path to further success with VfL."

Sporting director Klaus Allofs confirmed this week that defender Naldo is also set to have his contract extension announced in the near future.

Of Benaglio's new deal, Allofs added: "He is a player who totally identifies with VfL Wolfsburg.

"He is an absolute top performer for the team and an important figure, especially for the younger players."

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Review: Bayern unstoppable as Wolfsburg slip up

7 November 2015

942936header.jpg

Bayern Munich remain unbeaten in defence of their Bundesliga title as Pep Guardiola's side thrashed Stuttgart 4-0, while third-placed Wolfsburg were beaten 2-0 at Mainz.

Arjen Robben, Douglas Costa, Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller did the damage for the champions at the Allianz Arena as lowly Stuttgart were completely outplayed.

The home fans were also treated to the welcome sight of Holger Badstuber back in action as the defender came off the bench for the final half an hour after a long spell out with a thigh injury.

But, while Bayern march on at the summit, Wolfsburg's challenge faltered as Julian Draxler's early red card cost them dear at a Mainz side who ended a four-game winless run.

The winger was dismissed after 13 minutes for a high challenge on Gonzalo Jara, with Pablo De Blasis and Yunus Malli then scoring for the hosts.

Bayer Leverkusen also suffered the consequences of a red card as they fell to a 2-1 home loss against Cologne, with Dominic Maroh netting the winner - his second of the game - following Kyriakos Papadopoulos's dismissal.

It was goalless in the games between Borussia Monchengladbach and Ingolstadt, and Hoffenheim and Eintracht Frankfurt, while the late kick-off saw Hamburg draw 1-1 at Darmstadt.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ribery launches legal action against CNN

6 November 2015

942416header.jpg

Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery is suing American broadcaster CNN over the use of an image to accompany a story on cryotherapy.

CNN posed a story on their Twitter account about a woman who died while undergoing treatment, and used a photograph of the French winger in a similar cryotherapy chamber.

"Mr Franck Ribery never gave his authorisation and his consent for the use of this picture to this publication," Carlo Alberto Busa, his lawyer, told RMC on Friday.

"Ribery and his family instructed me to go to French court to seek damages of at least 1.5 million US dollars."

Ribery is continuing to recover from an ankle injury which has kept him out of action since the Champions League clash with Shakhtar Donetsk in March.

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola: It is a bad season for Bayern if we do not win the treble

8 November 2015

943205header.jpg

Pep Guardiola feels Bayern Munich's season will be a failure if they do not win the treble.

The Bavarians have dominated the Bundesliga in recent seasons, but have yet to experience Champions League success under the Spaniard

Bayern were eliminated in the semi-finals in the last two seasons and Guardiola realises he needs European glory this term for the 2015-16 campaign to be considered a success.

"If we do not win the treble, it will have been a bad season for Bayern Munich," Guardiola said.

"I know at what kind of club I am, the pressure at Bayern is the same as at Barcelona.

"When you are at Bayern, you always have to win week after week."

Guardiola's men are on the verge of reaching the knockout stages of the Champions League, topping Group F with nine points from four games and needing just one point from their remaining two matches to book their ticket for the next round.

Furthermore, they sit top of the Bundesliga with 34 points from 12 matches, while they recently qualified for the round of 16 of the DFB-Pokal, where they will meet Darmstadt at home.

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern likely to win Bundesliga for next three years - Watzke

8 November 2015

943260header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund chairman Hans-Joachim Watzke admits Bayern Munich are likely to dominate the Bundesliga for at least the next three seasons.

Pep Guardiola's men have won 11 and drawn one of their opening 12 league games in 2015-16 and scored 37 goals in the process, conceding just four.

Despite Thomas Tuchel's impressive impact since taking charge at Dortmund, they are still eight points adrift of Bayern going into Sunday's game against rivals Schalke.

"When Bayern take an opponent seriously, they easily beat them 5-1," Watzke told Bild.

"They did it to Wolfsburg, they did it to Arsenal and they did it to us so we should be under no illusion. It is very much likely that Bayern will win the Bundesliga title in the next three years.

"I do not want to create unrealistic expectations that we cannot meet in the Bundesliga.

"We will win silverware again, but winning the Bundesliga title in the short term is unlikely."

Watzke also revealed he is still in close contact with new Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp after his Dortmund exit.

"We still have contact and we phone at least once in four weeks," he said.

"We are still very close and have experienced so much together. I plan to visit Liverpool with my son on Boxing Day - hopefully we will get two tickets!"

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hernandez has ´exceeded all expectations´ at Leverkusen

9 November 2015

943907header.jpg

Bayer Leverkusen CEO Michael Schade says Javier Hernandez has "exceeded all expectations" so far this season after signing from Manchester United.

The Mexico international joined the Bundesliga side for a fee reported to be just over €8million in August after struggling for form and fitness at Old Trafford over the previous two seasons, spending much of last term on loan at Real Madrid.

The 27-year-old has hit the ground running in Germany, however, scoring 10 times in all competitions so far in 2015-16 - form which has seen him linked with a possible January move back to the Premier League with Chelsea.

Schade claimed Hernandez has created an "unbelievable hype" for Leverkusen among fans in Mexico and has proven a hugely valuable signing on both a sporting and commercial level.

Speaking at the SPONSORs Clubmanager Summit 2015, Schade said: "He is a complete merchandise package.

"He is a legend in Mexico. The media hype he has created is unbelievable. He has exceeded all our expectations, for the Bayer company, too."

Leverkusen are eighth after 12 matches of the Bundesliga season.