• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ Bundesliga Season 2015-16 ★

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kahn not convinced by Vidal quality

20 September 2015 19:07

914362header.jpg

Bayern Munich legend Oliver Kahn says he is not convinced Arturo Vidal has what it takes to contribute to Pep Guardiola's side regularly this season.

The Chile international was on target in Saturday's 3-0 win over Darmstadt, having come in for criticism earlier this week from Bayern legend Franz Beckenbauer.

Honorary president Beckenbauer suggested Vidal's lack of movement was problematic for Bayern, adding that the former Juventus man's "effort has to be right".

Guardiola leapt to his player's defence on Friday although Kahn said on Sunday he remains unsure whether Vidal can consistently add to Guardiola's side.

"It's all about the right mix within a team," the former Germany goalkeeper told Sport1.

"When all the players are the same, that can also be problematic, which we have seen in recent years.

"Vidal is a player who relies very much on the physical battles.

"Whether he can really play the combination football of Bayern at the highest level, he has to prove that in the next few weeks.

"'I'm not 100 per cent sure."

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Favre resigns as Monchengladbach coach

20 September 2015 20:07

914411header.jpg

Borussia Monchengladbach coach Lucien Favre has opted to resign with immediate effect following the Bundesliga side's poor start to the 2015-16 campaign.

The Borussia-Park outfit impressed last season as they finished third in the table to qualify for the Champions League.

However, Gladbach have so far failed to replicate that form this term and sit rock bottom in the Bundesliga following Saturday's 1-0 defeat against Cologne without a point from five games and Favre has consequently decided to step down from his position.

"After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that it is in everybody's best interest if I step down as head coach of Borussia Monchengladbach," the 57-year-old explained.

Favre took charge of Gladbach in February 2011 and had since turned them from a relegation candidate into a Champions League side.

They finished 16th in the Swiss coach's first season in charge, but then came in fourth, eighth, sixth and third in the following seasons.

Their disappointing performances in 2015-16 have now ended Favre's spell in charge, though, as Gladbach not only remain winless in the Bundesliga, but also started their Champions League campaign with a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Sevilla.

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Eberl: Favre remains right man for the Monchengladbach job

21 September 2015 14:51

914810header.jpg

Borussia Monchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl was "very, very sad" at Lucien Favre's decision to resign and claimed he is still "the right man for the job 100 per cent".

Favre opted to quit as coach on Sunday with Monchengladbach propping up the Bundesliga having lost their opening five matches. Their form this season is in stark contrast to their wonderful run of last term which resulted in the club finishing third and qualifying directly for the Champions League.

Eberl admitted Favre doubted his ability to turn the situation around despite having the board's backing.

"Having those doubts is normal," Eberl said at a press conference on Monday. "It's very, very sad that a great time has come to an end this way.

"Lucien Favre's agent informed me on Sunday morning that he wanted to step down as manager. There were intense discussions. We still think he's the right man for the job 100 per cent, but he can't be swayed.

"I'm still thoroughly convinced that we could have had more success with Favre. We had some great years together.

"Favre's resignation has nothing to do with transfer policy. We built the squad together."

Andre Schubert, the club's Under-23 coach, has been named as caretaker boss until a permanent successor is found.

"There's no set time for when we want to present a new manager. We want the best solution for Borussia and won't panic," added Eberl.

"Schubert has our full confidence. We are calling this situation a 'transition'.

"There is no emergency plan in place. We will scour the market and find a solution."

Favre's long-term replacement will not be Jurgen Klopp.

Former Germany boss Berti Vogts, who made over 400 appearances as a player for Monchengladbach, had earlier claimed Klopp was the ideal man for the job after leaving Borussia Dortmund at the end of last season but both Klopp's agent and Eberl have dismissed the suggestion.

Marc Kosicke, Klopp's representative, told Bild: "Jurgen won't become the new coach of Borussia Monchengladbach," while Eberl insisted no approach had been made to the 48-year-old. "There has been no offer made to Jurgen Klopp. I guess you knew that already." he said.

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wolfsburg boss Hecking no fan of Bayern

21 September 2015 12:31

914737header.jpg

Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking has said he "was never a fan" of Bayern Munich ahead of the eagerly anticipated Bundesliga meeting between the teams on Tuesday.

Hecking led Wolfsburg to second place in the Bundesliga behind Bayern last term, a highlight of their season coming in the form of a 4-1 home thumping of the champions.

That stunning victory was followed up with a penalty shootout triumph over the Bavarian giants in last month's DFL Super Cup.

A 2006 win while in charge of Hannover marks Hecking's only triumph away to Bayern but his antipathy towards a club for which he concedes a grudging respect stems from his in the upbringing in the Ruhr area – more than 600 miles north-west of the Bavarian capital.

"I was never a fan of Bayern," he said in an interview with Kicker. "What has been created there is outstanding, however, and has my greatest respect.

"There are stadiums in which the atmosphere excites me more.

"That I do not like to go to Munich is not because of my record there, but due to my lack of proximity. I come from the Ruhr area - one has different preferences."

Wolfsburg head into the match four points behind joint-leaders Bayern after Bas Dost came off the bench to net a decisive brace in the 2-0 win over Hertha Berlin on Saturday.

Hecking revealed that the Dutch striker was left out due to a perceived poor reaction to being substituted against CSKA Moscow in the Champions League and added that he is not guaranteed a return to the starting XI.

"If somebody strolls around for three days as if somebody has taken his toy away then he's got to reconsider his attitude towards the rest of the team," Hecking said.

"If he thinks that is the right way, then he's in the wrong place in Wolfsburg.''

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern Munich v Wolfsburg: Dost attitude gives Hecking a dilemma

20 September 2015 15:35

914253header.jpg

Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking has slammed the recent behaviour of striker Bas Dost, telling him to improve his attitude or he will not be involved against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Areana on Tuesday.

Dost was left angry after being substituted during Wolfsburg's 1-0 CSKA Moscow in the Champions League and, according to Hecking, has behaving poorly at training ever since.

Despite Nicklas Bendtner starting the 2-0 win over Hertha Berlin on Saturday, Dost went on to replace him and score both goals, but Hecking will not guarantee him a place against Bayern.

Pep Guardiola's men have 15 points from their five Bundesliga games so far and last season's runaway champions look imperious once again, but Hecking is happy to keep Dost guessing.

"I was pleased for the team that he scored twice, but the way he has been sauntering around here these past few days is egotism and we don't need that here," he was quoted as saying by Kicker.

"If somebody strolls around for three days as if somebody has taken his toy away then he's got to reconsider his attitude. I'm going to leave him alone for three days, just like he did with the team.

"Then we will be able to see whether it's a good idea [to start him] or not, whether we should talk about it or not or whether he goes public with his frustration. If he thinks that is the right way, then he's in the wrong place in Wolfsburg.''

Guardiola and Bayern will likely be content with the in-fighting seemingly plaguing Wolfsburg at the moment, as the reigning champions have looked their usual dominant selves so far in the league.

Five Bundesliga triumphs from as many games, plus a 3-0 win at Olympiacos in the Champions League, have Bayern looking familiarly commanding as their burgeoning rivalry with Wolfsburg prepares for its latest episode.

Although Bayern won the title at a canter last term, Wolfburg beat Bayern 4-1 at the end of the season and then enjoyed a penalties victory over the Bavarians in August's Super Cup.

But Guardiola is happy with his options and situation heading into Tuesday's clash, with young midfielder Joshua Kimmich putting himself in contention after enjoying a solid performance in his first Bundesliga start on Saturday.

"Every kid who plays football dreams of appearing in the Bundesliga one day," he said. "If you then do so for Bayern it's obviously massive and I'm really thrilled."

Bayern look set to remain without the unavailable Franck Ribery (ankle) and Arjen Robben (groin), with Mehdi Benatia and Holger Badstuber (both thigh) also still out.

Wolfsburg have doubts over Luiz Gustavo and Robin Knoche, but Veirinha (all knee) could be in line for a return.

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hoffenheim v Borussia Dortmund: Aubameyang eyes longer winning streak

21 September 2015 17:42

914900header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund are hoping to continue their magnificent start to life under new head coach Thomas Tuchel when they travel to play Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga on Wednesday.

Since replacing Jurgen Klopp at Signal Iduna Park, the former Mainz boss has guided the club to a stunning run of 11 consecutive victories in all competitions, including Sunday's 3-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen.

Striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been central to that run, with 10 goals already to his name from just 11 appearances.

The 26-year-old is confident this year could see the end of Bayern Munich's Bundesliga dominance and hopes Dortmund are among the title contenders by the end of the season.

Aubameyang also pointed to his close relationship with Tuchel when asked to explain his impressive early-season goal return.

"We have started the season very well," he said ahead of the game. "Everybody knows that Bayern are favourites. I am probably the only one thinking this and others don't, but I think that Bayern won't win the league this season.

"We have to keep up for the whole season and then we will see how the season will shape up at the end. It is good that we have managed to achieve this winning streak.

"I want to score 20 goals in the Bundesliga this season. That is a target I want to achieve.

"[Tuchel] has managed to make me feel at ease from day one. He gives me the confidence I need. He talks to me a lot.

"We have many exchanges and we work a lot on the videos and we do all these kind of things."

While Dortmund are flying high with a 100 per cent record at the top of the table, Hoffenheim's start to the season has not been anywhere near as smooth.

After finishing eighth in 2014-15, Markus Gisdol's men are without a victory after their opening five matches and sit down in 15th place. They fell victim to a brilliant Yunus Malli hat-trick as they lost an early lead and went down 3-1 at Mainz in their last outing.

Dortmund have generally had the better of the fixture over recent years, although the last two games played at Hoffenheim have ended in draws, including the 1-1 Bundesliga meeting in May.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Review: Lewandowski on fire for Bayern

22 September 2015 23:28

915601header.jpg

A phenomenal performance from Robert Lewandowski helped Bayern Munich to a 5-1 Bundesliga win over Wolfsburg at the Allianz Arena.

Daniel Caligiuri somewhat surprisingly gifted the away side the lead after 26 minutes of play when he fired home after being set up by Julian Draxler.

The introduction of Lewandowski at half-time would eventually prove to be too much for Wolfsburg, though.

The Poland international levelled the scoring in the 51st minute when he poked home a rebound, then got a second one minute later following a Douglas Costa assist, only to complete his hat-trick three more minutes later after initially being denied by Diego Benaglio.

Lewandowski did not stop there, however, as he made it 4-1 in the 57th minute after more good work from Costa.

Not content with just the four goals, he would then make it 5-1 after Mario Gotze's cross to cap off a stunning substitute performance as he netted five times within the space of nine minutes.

Elsewhere, Werder Bremen were beaten 2-1 by Darmstadt as Sandro Wagner netted twice against his former club to cancel out Aron Johannsson's 19th-minute opener.

Hertha bagged the full three points versus Koln as Vedad Ibisevic got his first goals of the season. The 31-year-old broke the deadlock in the closing stages of the first half, before doubling his tally in the 90th minute.

Finally, Hamburg recorded a crucial away win over Ingolstadt, with Michael Gregoritsch making the difference at the Audi-Sportpark just minutes before the final whistle.

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hummels warns against complacency

22 September 2015 21:26

915512header.jpg

Mats Hummels has told his Borussia Dortmund team-mates not to get carried away following their superb start to the 2015-16 campaign and warned, 'We have not won anything yet'.

Thomas Tuchel's men are the only side that has been able to keep up with Bayern Munich in the opening weeks of the season, winning all five of their Bundesliga games so far.

Nevertheless, Hummels has made it clear that their good start does not count for anything if they lose focus and start dropping points.

"We are playing at a very high level, as are Bayern, but it is now all about consistency," Hummels told Bild.

"We started the season with five consecutive wins two seasons ago as well, but were trailing Bayern by 15 points when December came. We didn't win anything after that good start.

"We face Bayern in 10 days' time. We will see then how we compare to them and what we can do."

Dortmund will be looking to maintain their perfect start when they take on Hoffenheim on Wednesday.

BVB were held to a 1-1 draw by the Sinsheim side when they last met in May.

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tuchel sees the bigger picture after Dortmund draw

24 September 2015 01:35

916308header.jpg

After seeing Borussia Dortmund surrender their 100 per cent start to the season against Hoffenheim on Wednesday, Thomas Tuchel called for calm in his post-match assessment.

Dortmund had won all 11 games under Tuchel but needed a second-half Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang strike to earn a share of the points at the Rhein-Neckar Arena following Sebastian Rudy's opener.

It leaves Dortmund two points off Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich and Tuchel was frustrated by his side's lack of conviction.

However, the former Mainz boss cautioned against being overly downbeat.

"We were not really concrete in our game, we did not have the composure to be really dangerous," he told reporters.

"The second half was great. We created many good opportunities, which normally would have been enough to win.

"We were not determined enough but we have to be careful and we should not feel like losers today, because we aren't.

"It is matchday six and we drew for the first time."

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern optimistic over Guardiola renewal

24 September 2015 11:02

916435header.jpg

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is confident Pep Guardiola will sign a contract renewal with the Bundesliga champions.

Guardiola's current deal at the Allianz Arena is due to expire at the end of this season and he has so far been reluctant to open talks over a new contract, fuelling speculation about a potential exit.

Nevertheless, Rummenigge believes the former Barcelona boss will find it hard to turn down the Bavarians' offer.

"I am optimistic about Pep's renewal," Rummenigge told Bild.

"We have a great offer on the table, which you cannot just shove aside.

"We have a first-class team, a fantastic club, a great stadium and a wonderful city to offer.

"We will have a serious conversation with Pep in the upcoming weeks and we will see what comes from that.

"I want to win the Champions League another time - with Guardiola in charge."

Guardiola has guided Bayern to back-to-back Bundesliga titles since replacing Jupp Heynckes in 2013, but still awaits European glory with the club.

Bayern were eliminated in the semi-finals of the Champions League by Real Madrid in 2013-14, while again falling at the same hurdle versus Barcelona last season.

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rummenigge: Muller will never be sold - just like Messi and Rooney

24 September 2015 11:34

916453header.jpg

Thomas Muller will never be sold because he belongs to Bayern Munich, just like Lionel Messi with Barcelona and Wayne Rooney at Manchester United, club chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has said.

Muller has made a fine start to 2015-16, scoring eight goals in as many games in all competitions after being linked with a big-money move to Old Trafford for much of the close-season.

Rummenigge, though, does not want Muller to ever leave the Allianz Arena and compared his situation to that of Messi and Rooney with their respective clubs.

"Muller will stay at Bayern, regardless of what any club offers," the 59-year-old told Bild. "There is no amount that would make us consider an offer.

"Messi belongs to Barcelona, Rooney belongs to Manchester United and Muller belongs to Bayern. It should stay like that.

"There might be players out there who have a better technique and who are faster, but there is no second Thomas Muller in this world.

"He is extremely valuable to us. He represents the Mia San Mia feeling at Bayern."

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola walks out on media after England question

25 September 2015 12:40

917019header.jpg

Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola ended his news conference in abrupt fashion on Friday when asked about speculation linking him with the job of England manager.

A report in English newspaper The Sun has suggested the Football Association will target the former Barcelona coach should incumbent Roy Hodgson leave after Euro 2016.

When quizzed about it at his media briefing prior to Saturday's trip to Mainz, Guardiola was in no mood for discussion, replying simply: "Oh come on, I'm coach at Bayern. Next question. Thank you and goodbye."

Guardiola is yet to commit to a new deal at the Allianz Arena with his current contract expiring at the end of the season and had already offered another curt "next question" when asked about an extension.

Despite the incessant talk surrounding his future, Bayern have continued to blaze a trail on the field, winning every competitive match they have played this season.

But Guardiola was wary of the threat posed by mid-table Mainz.

"There are some stadiums that are always tough to go to. Mainz is one of them," he said.

"[But] we have the opportunity to win our seventh consecutive game."

Guardiola hinted Spain midfielder Javi Martinez is not yet ready for a starting berth at the Coface Arena after a long-injury lay-off, adding: "I'm not sure, but a fit Javi is important for us.

"[Arjen] Robben is also not an option for the game against Mainz."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tuchel defends rotation policy

25 September 2015 13:45

917048header.jpg

Thomas Tuchel defended his squad rotation policy after Borussia Dortmund's 100 per cent start to the season was halted by the midweek draw at Hoffenheim.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Ilkay Gundogan were left out of the starting line-up for Wednesday's game and watched as a hopelessly disjointed Dortmund struggled through the first half before grabbing a point thanks to Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang's 55th-minute equaliser.

Although it meant their winning streak ended at 12 games in all competitions, the former Mainz coach was not downbeat ahead of Sunday's home clash with Darmstadt.

"It was a good sign we were annoyed [about the draw], but we must not feel like losers, instead we have to find a good balance," said Tuchel, who defended his decision to rest two of his senior men for the trip to the Rhein-Neckar Arena.

"There is no other way – even if it sometimes takes time for it to work. The problems in Hoffenheim were not because of the team I picked.”

Despite his goal, Aubameyang is not yet at full fitness, according to Tuchel, who added: "His red light is not turned on yet. We often have to substitute him in the 70th minute. [But] he will definitely play on Sunday.”

Adnan Januzaj, on loan from Manchester United, could also start against the Bundesliga newcomers, but central defender Neven Subotic misses out through injury. Left-back Marcel Schmelzer will be assessed after training on Saturday.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cologne 1 Ingolstadt 1: Matip and Modeste on target in stalemate

25 September 2015 22:35

917349header.jpg

There was no separating Cologne and Ingolstadt in the Bundesliga on Friday as Marvin Matip cancelled out Anthony Modeste's opener in a 1-1 draw at the RheinEnergieStadion.

Cologne went into the clash ahead of new boys Ingolstadt solely on goals scored, with the sides boasting identical win, loss and draw records as well as the same goal difference as they collected 10 points from their opening six games.

And, perhaps unsurprisingly, the teams cancelled each out, after the hosts took the lead through close-season signing Modeste.

The former Hoffenheim man has now had a hand in 10 goals in just eight competitive games for his new club - ensuring Cologne were rewarded for their bright start when he headed Marcel Risse's cross past Ramazan Ozcan 10 minutes in.

Ingolstadt have proven themselves since gaining promotion to the Bundesliga however, and levelled within 12 minutes as Matip found space at a corner and planted a header past Timo Horn.

Yuya Osako was denied at close range by Ozcan seven minutes from time as the hosts failed to find a crucial second.

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mainz v Bayern Munich: Mainz out to halt record-seeking Bayern

24 September 2015 21:09

916748header.jpg

Mainz face the unenviable task of trying to prevent Bayern Munich from securing their best start to a league season when they welcome the Bundesliga champions to the Coface Arena on Saturday.

Bayern have won eight on the spin in all competitions since being beaten in the German Super Cup by Wolfsburg, a defeat they avenged in some style in midweek with a 5-1 trouncing at the Allianz Arena.

Robert Lewandowski stole the headlines on the night by bagging all five goals in the space of just nine minutes and there appears to be yet more good news on the horizon for Bayern fans, with Pep Guardiola reportedly poised to sign a contract extension with the Bavarian giants in the very near future.

Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is confident that the in-demand Spaniard will opt to pledge his future to the club.

"One thing is clear, we have a good team and a good team needs a good coach," he said.

"We had one in Jupp Heynckes and we have one now in Pep Guardiola. I am definitely optimistic that Pep will stay beyond June 30, 2016.

"The coach feels good. He has a good team.

"It helps to have Munich as a city. There's a lot going for Pep Guardiola deciding for Bayern Munich."

Guardiola's men will be installed as red-hot favourites to down Mainz despite the fact that the hosts had enjoyed their own best start to a Bundesliga campaign since 2010/11 prior to their 1-0 midweek defeat at the hands of Bayer Leverkusen.

Martin Schmidt's side have won two of their three home games thus far this term, against Hoffenheim and Hannover respectively, and boast one of the league's most in-form midfielders in Yunus Malli.

The 23-year-old former Monchengladbach man has scored five goals in the last four games, including a hat-trick against Hoffenheim.

In terms of injuries for the hosts, Swiss international midfielder Fabian Frei is struggling to overcome a hamstring problem in time to feature and long-term absentee Elkin Soto remains sidelined.

As for Bayern, they are still without wing twins Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery, along with defensive trio Jan Kirchhoff, Holger Badstuber and Mehdi Benatia.

The visitors were forced to work hard to win the corresponding fixture 2-1 last season, but have only lost one of their last nine visits to the Rhineland club.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Review: Lewandowski reaches 100, Monchengladbach claim second-straight win

26 September 2015 21:07

917844header.jpg

After netting five times inside nine minutes in midweek, Robert Lewandowski scored a double to reach a landmark 100 Bundesliga goals as Bayern Munich dispatched Mainz 05 3-0 on Saturday.

Kingsley Coman was also on target for Pep Guardiola's side, who have now made it seven wins from as many Bundesliga fixtures – their best ever start to a league campaign.

Despite Thomas Muller's first-half penalty miss, Lewandowski was on hand to nod home from Coman's pin-point delivery.

The Poland striker then made it 10 for the season 12 minutes later, tucking in after latching onto Arturo Vidal's incisive pass, before former Juventus youngster Coman tapped in his second Bayern goal to cap the win.

Borussia Monchengladbach interim boss Andre Schubert boosted his chances of securing the job on a permanent basis by leading the side to a second-straight win, as they beat lowly Stuttgart 3-1.

Schubert took charge following the resignation of Lucien Favre, and guided Monchengladbach to their first points of the season with a win over Augsburg in midweek.

And Monchengladbach maintained that form at Stuttgart, with goals from Granit Xhaka and Raffael – either side of with a Christian Gentner own-goal – sealing a comfortable day for the visitors.

Kevin Kampl netted his maiden Bayer Leverkusen goal as they overcame Werder Bremen 3-0, while Wolfsburg recovered from their heavy defeat to Bayern with a 1-1 home draw against Hannover.

Elsewhere, Kevin Volland scored a brace as Hoffenheim saw-off Augsburg to claim their first league win of the season, and Schalke won 1-0 at Hamburg to extend their winning streak to four matches.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Needless turnovers cost Dortmund - Tuchel

27 September 2015 20:45

918378header.jpg

Thomas Tuchel believes that unnecessary turnovers cost Borussia Dortmund two points as Darmstadt struck late to earn a 2-2 draw at Signal Iduna Park on Sunday.

A second-half double from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang looked to have secured the win for Dortmund, who fell behind to Marcel Heller's first-half volley, but Aytac Sulu earned the visitors a point with a tidy finish in the final minute of normal time.

Tuchel felt his team were robbed by the late goal, but also admitted that they did not show the requisite composure to see out the game.

"We deserved to win this game. In the final minutes we had unnecessary turnovers," Tuchel said in his post-match press conference.

"Our two goals were outstanding. I was impressed with the tempo in the second half.

"The fact we have been punished in this way leaves a bitter taste. We are very disappointed. It feels like we lost two points."

Dortmund were frustrated for long period by Darmstadt's resilient, deep defending and the coach refuted suggestions that they were unable to find a solution.

"We have played against lesser opponents several times and scored 21 goals, so we find solutions," Tuchel added.

The result leaves Tuchel's men four points adrift of Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich, who they visit next Sunday.

However, the former Mainz boss insisted he is only thinking about Thursday's Europa League clash with PAOK.

"The focus now is on the game in Salonika," he added.

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mourinho did not trust me - Schurrle

28 September 2015 09:26

918598header.jpg

Andre Schurrle has revealed that he left Stamford Bridge for Wolfsburg because Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho did not believe in him.

The Germany international, 24, netted eight goals in 30 Premier League appearances in his first season at Chelsea, but decided to move on halfway through his second year as he felt a lack of trust from his manager.

"I had a good time at Chelsea and was accepted in the team, so it's difficult to explain why I left," Schurrle told The Times.

"My performances were good as well, but there was a time in my second season when I felt I didn't have the manager's trust any more and I didn't play many matches from the start.

"I don't know why Mourinho didn't trust me. It all felt a bit weird to me. I started a few games, was on the bench for a few, then started some more.

"It was up and down the whole time. I had a lot of good talks with the manager and respect him a lot, as he told me to my face what he wanted me to do. I had some very good games, but there was often an ordinary game soon afterwards as well.

"I didn't get any consistency from the manager so found it hard to produce my best. That's probably the biggest reason I wanted to leave.

"It was difficult to leave, but when I had the chance to come back to Germany to join an awesome club like Wolfsburg I felt it was a good decision."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Magath backs Klopp to replace Guardiola at Bayern

28 September 2015 13:09

918678header.jpg

Former Bayern Munich coach Felix Magath believes Jurgen Klopp would be the ideal replacement for Pep Guardiola if the Spaniard were to leave the Bundesliga champions at the end of his contract.

Guardiola's existing deal with Bayern is due to expire at the end of the 2015-16 campaign and he has so far been in no rush to open talks over a renewal.

"The question who will be Bayern's next coach is more exciting than who will win the Bundesliga," Magath writes for TZ.

"Guardiola still refuses to make a decision on his future and I am sure the people in charge at Bayern are looking at alternatives. Thank Klopp there is a pretty obvious candidate...

"His agent was quick to rule out a move to Borussia Monchengladbach, probably because a bigger challenge awaits.

"In my opinion, Klopp would be a great fit at Bayern. The team and coaching staff might be very much Guardiola-oriented at the moment, but Bayern have already shown in the past that they can be pretty flexible.

"The fact that Klopp is a Dortmund man should not be an issue either. Manuel Neuer used to be a Schalke man and is now a Bayern figurehead."

Klopp has been enjoying a sabbatical since leaving Dortmund at the end of last season.

The former BVB coach has recently been linked with clubs such as Borussia Monchengladbach and Liverpool, but his representative stated last week that he is not ready to return to football just yet.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

City offered De Bruyne four times his wages, says Allofs

28 September 2015 16:41

918787header.jpg

Klaus Allofs has stressed that it was impossible for Wolfsburg to hold on to Kevin De Bruyne after Manchester City offered the Belgian four times the wages he earned at the Bundesliga club.

Wolfsburg were desperate to keep De Bruyne in the transfer window, but eventually opted to allow him to move on after all when City met their asking price of around £55million.

And the Bundesliga club's sporting director Allofs told Die Welt: "We spent a long time weighing up all our options and trying to keep Kevin at Wolfsburg. But at some point, we reached the conclusion that it would be best to allow him to move.

"When a player has an offer from another team where can make four times as much money, you have to take into account what such an offer does to a player.

"Kevin received an offer that could very well be a once in a lifetime opportunity. There is no guarantee that he would ever get such a offer again.

"We have certain limits that teams like Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona or Bayern Munich do not have. It is totally unrealistic to claim that nobody can lure players away from us."

De Bruyne has netted twice in three Premier League appearances since his move to the Etihad Stadium.