• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ Bundesliga Season 2015-16 ★

Aubameyang

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maier: Bayern will win the Bundesliga, but Dortmund play great football

bayernmunich-cropped_1qrha4vjohkbw15coumhftqfrz.jpg

By Ben Spratt
Apr 8, 2016 18:56:35

The former Germany international believes the new BVB coach has done wonders to take the club from to a title fight after Jurgen Klopp left, even if they fall short

Bayern Munich icon Sepp Maier has been impressed with Borussia Dortmund's progress under Thomas Tuchel this season, even though he believes the Bundesliga title race is over.

With six league games remaining, Bayern are five points clear of Dortmund and on course to lift the trophy for a fourth successive season.

It is an advantage the 72-year-old cannot see his former side relinquishing.

"I have looked at the schedule and I think that Bayern will win the league title confidently," Maier told Omnisport.

However, the 1974 World Cup winner admitted that he is fond of Dortmund and their style of play under Tuchel.

After battling from the relegation zone over the mid-season break to a seventh-placed finish under Jurgen Klopp last term, his 42-year-old replacement has inspired Dortmund to a much-improved campaign, catching Maier's eye.

"Of course, they had a small crisis as they were at the bottom of the table," he said.

"But they have improved again and now under the new coach they play great football.

"They play aggressively - nice dynamic football - like Borussia Monchengladbach in our times."

While Bayern travel to Stuttgart on Saturday, Dortmund face Schalke in the Ruhr derby on Saturday.

MarioGotze

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola unconcerned by Bayern´s goalscoring form

8 April 2016

1049613header.jpg

Pep Guardiola is not concerned by Bayern Munich's lack of goals in recent games as they attempt to take another step towards the Bundesliga title against Stuttgart.

Bayern visit the Mercedes-Benz Arena on Saturday with a five-point lead over Borussia Dortmund and six games remaining.

The Bavarians have won their last three matches by a 1-0 scoreline, including a single-goal victory in the Champions League quarter-final first-leg clash with Benfica on Tuesday.

But Guardiola has no issue with his side's play in front of goal and was pleased with the control Bayern had in contrast to their last-16 tie with Juventus, which saw them progress 6-4 on aggregate after extra time in the second leg.

Asked to explain Bayern's lack of goals, Guardiola said in a media conference: "I do not know [why]. It was most important against Benfica that we prevent what happened against Juventus.

"We did not want that. It would have been dangerous. Sometimes you control a little more, I wanted to."

Victory for Bayern against Stuttgart would see Guardiola's men go eight clear at the top and place pressure on Dortmund ahead of their visit to arch rivals Schalke on Sunday.

"We cannot wait for Dortmund to give us the title, we cannot wait for the other teams. We have to win the title," the Spaniard added.

"This season we have to win our games to defend the title [rather than rely on others]. We cannot wait for a Dortmund defeat. I am sure Dortmund will win in Schalke."

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schalke v Borussia Dortmund: Tuchel seeks Ruhr derby response

8 April 2016

1049763header.jpg

Thomas Tuchel wants to see a reaction to the frustrating 1-1 draw at home to Liverpool when Borussia Dortmund visit Schalke in the Ruhr Derby on Sunday.

Dortmund had to come from behind to earn a draw in the first leg of their Europa League quarter-final on Thursday, in what was an emotional reunion with former coach Jurgen Klopp.

BVB are second in the Bundesliga, 19 points clear of third-placed Hertha Berlin and already assured of automatic Champions League qualification.

And while they could perhaps still catch up to league leaders Bayern Munich, who are five points clear at the top, emerging victorious from the second leg at Anfield next Thursday is the team's immediate priority.

There are set to be changes to the starting XI for the trip to Veltins Arena this weekend as a consequence, but Tuchel has no intention of gifting bragging rights to Dortmund's local rivals.

"We absolutely want to win," he said. "We also have to manage the physical condition [of the players] very carefully.

"There will be changes, but we will still put a good team out there nevertheless. Liverpool, Schalke, Liverpool – it not only causes a physical strain but also a level of emotional stress.

"We have been full of anticipation for these games. But it is important that we find a way to enjoy these games and relieve ourselves of pressure and our own expectations.

"These are all games to be enjoyed. Perhaps we will already see a reaction to the 1-1 draw against Liverpool on Sunday."

Schalke are seventh after an inconsistent season but could yet qualify for the Champions League automatically, with Hertha only four points ahead.

They lost 3-0 away to Ingolstadt last time out, leaving Joel Matip, who is set to depart for Liverpool at the end of the season, determined to produce an improved performance in his final Ruhr derby.

"We're meeting our biggest rivals and will give everything to achieve a positive result," he said.

"At the end of the day a win only gets you three points, but every one of us knows how significant a derby is. I'm looking forward to the match and will give everything to ensure that we come off the pitch as winners."

Leon Goretzka has been ruled out of the game for Schalke due to a shoulder problem, joining long-term injury victims Matija Nastasic (Achilles), Marco Hoger (cruciate ligament) and Atsuto Uchida (knee) on the sidelines. Benedikt Howedes, though, is nearing a return from the thigh tendon issue he suffered in January.

Dortmund, who won the first Ruhr derby of the season 3-2 in November, are still without Neven Subotic (thrombosis), but Ilkay Gundogan could soon be back from a foot knock picked up at home to Bayern Munich last month.

Key Opta stats:

- Of the 52 eventual Bundesliga champions, 49 have had fewer points on the board after 28 games (converted to the three-points-for-a-win system where appropriate) than Dortmund currently do. Only three sides have had more points (Bayern Munich in each of the last three seasons).

- Dortmund have won five games after falling behind this term – including last weekend's 3-2 home victory over Werder Bremen.

- Dortmund have conceded just five goals in their 11 league games in 2016. They have kept seven clean sheets this year – three more than they managed in the first half of the campaign.

- Henrikh Mkhitaryan has recorded more assists than any other player in 2015-16 (12) and has created a league-high 74 chances (same as Pascal Gross).

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stuttgart v Bayern Munich: We need Vidal - Guardiola

7 April 2016

1049303header.jpg

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has underlined the importance of Arturo Vidal ahead of the Bundesliga champions' clash with Stuttgart.

After scoring the only goal in Bayern's 1-0 win over Benfica in the Champions League quarter-final first leg, Vidal was the subject of speculation linking him with a move to Chelsea to join up with incoming Blues boss Antonio Conte, who the Chilean played under at Juventus.

Vidal has made 26 league appearances for Bayern this season, scoring two goals, and Guardiola praised his performances in the club's current run of five straight wins in all competitions.

"He's a player who infects others with his energy," said Guardiola. "Arturo is very important, he has great character, he's very experienced. He's done very well over the last few months. We need him."

Bayern head into Saturday's meeting with a five-point lead over second-placed Borussia Dortmund, and can exert pressure on their rivals, who do not play until Sunday at Schalke.

Vidal will be key to Bayern's chances of extending their three-match winning run in the Bundesliga, playing in a central role just in front of Bayern's imperious back four.

The 28-year-old Chile international is relishing the position, saying: "I like it. I often have the ball.

"I can attack, I can defend. I like to be where the danger is. Of course I'm very happy that I scored and that we won [against Benfica]. I hope it continues. I hope I can still improve."

Bayern will be without Arjen Robben, who is still recovering from an adductor injury, and defensive trio Jerome Boateng (muscle tear), Holger Badstuber (ankle) and Medhi Benatia (hamstring) are also set to miss the trip to Mercedes-Benz Arena.

Stuttgart have scored 23 goals in the second half of the Bundesliga season making them the second best attacking side in the league since the winter break, behind Borussia Monchengladbach (25), and the Swabians will be out to exploit Bayern's defensive injury problems.

Stuttgart coach Jurgen Kramny said: "This game is naturally a massive challenge for us. The key will be in going about the match as a solid defensive unit, whilst looking to get forward courageously. The players and I are really looking forward to this challenge."

Stuttgart, who are without a win in their last three league games, will be looking to avenge a 4-0 hammering at Allianz Arena back in November, but they will be without long-term absentees Daniel Ginczek (cruciate ligament) and Kevin Grosskreutz (torn muscle), as well as midfielder Arianit Ferati (hamstring) and centre-back Toni Sunjic (head injury).

A further blow to Kramny's plans landed when it was confirmed that Serey Die will miss the rest of the season after he suffered a torn adductor during the 2-2 draw with Darmstadt.

Sporting Director Robin Dutt said: "This news is a bitter blow for us. Serey Die is one of our greatest fighters. Following the injury to Kevin Grosskreutz, this is the next absentee that really hurts us."

Key Opta stats:

- Bayern Munich have won their last 14 matches in all competitions against Stuttgart, scoring 2.9 goals per game. Stuttgart's last win in this fixture dates back to March 2010 (2-1 in Munich).
- VfB have lost their last 11 league games against Bayern and could equal a record this weekend. Only Nuremberg and Freiburg have lost against the same side 12 times on the spin in the top flight (FCB were the opponents in both instances).
- Pep Guardiola's men have conceded 13 goals this term – equalling the Bundesliga record for this point of a campaign.
- VfB have taken just six points from their last seven Bundesliga fixtures.

- Bayern have not created a clear-cut chance in either of their last two league matches – the first time this has happened since Opta started analysing such data (2010/11).

Aubameyang

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rummenigge cools Gotze transfer talk

12 April 2016

1052068header.jpg

Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has moved to clarify his recent comments about Mario Gotze, claiming he is not aware of the Germany international's future plans.

Rummenigge told the Schwabische Zeitung that Gotze is welcome to hold talks with the club at the end of the season amid reports tipping the World Cup winner for a reunion with former Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

The CEO, speaking ahead of Bayern's Champions League quarter-final second leg away to Benfica on Wednesday, insisted no specific message from Gotze or his representatives had triggered the comments.

"The length of his contract is known," Rummenigge said of the 23-year-old, whose deal expires in June 2017.

"I don't know any more. Neither he nor his advisor have stated anything publicly.

"So everything is speculation. I just wanted to show with my statement [in the newspaper] that we are at the end of the season, in which the titles are won.

"The team have worked and remain focused for the whole season, so that we can win the titles.

"And we have enough time after that to talk with him about his future if he wants to."

Rummenigge is also looking forward to the return to fitness of Arjen Robben, who has not played since a 0-0 draw at Dortmund on March 5 due to an adductor problem.

"He trains, he runs, but we still need to be patient," he said.

"We can't predict when he will be back, if it's one or two weeks. He tries everything he can. Our medical department, our physiotherapists do what they can so that he can come back.

"We need every player in the last part of the season, and of course also the quality of Arjen Robben. It would be great if he can come back quickly, but I can't predict it."

JaviMartinez

Alfrescian
Loyal

FFP damaging the Bundesliga, says Wolfsburg´s Allofs

12 April 2016

1052012header.jpg

UEFA's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules are "damaging" the Bundesliga by making it difficult for Wolfsburg to challenge Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich, as well as European powerhouses like Real Madrid, says sporting director Klaus Allofs.

Wolfsburg are solely owned by car manufacturers Volkswagen and have previously been under investigation from UEFA as part of the FFP regulations.

Allofs believes the subsequent monetary constraints placed on the club due to their ownership structure have damaged the domestic league and make it tough for them to match the continent's biggest sides, who can draw revenue from multiple sponsorship deals.

"We have to explain to UEFA that our money comes from a special situation where Volkswagen own 100 per cent. In principle, we cannot invest more money in the team," he told AS.

"This is a limitation for many clubs and perpetuates the system to enable Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern to remain on top.

"The situation in the Bundesliga is badly damaged because Bayern gets money through many means: Telekom, Audi, Adidas. For us the biggest part of the money comes from VW."

Although they are on course for a place in the Champions League semi-finals with a 2-0 aggregate advantage over Madrid ahead of their second leg at the Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday, Wolfsburg are eighth in the Bundesliga, nine points adrift of the top four.

Allofs added that it is difficult for them to attract high-profile signings and admitted they have struggled to remain competitive domestically following the sales of Kevin De Bruyne and Ivan Perisic.

"The financial size of a team like Madrid is completely different [to Wolfsburg]. Madrid calls and the player goes – it's the same with Bayern," he said.

"I do not know if it's easy to sign [players] in Madrid, but it's totally different here. I began in November 2012 and chose [Dieter] Hecking as coach in January. We managed to get Luiz Gustavo and Kevin De Bruyne, players who would not normally come.

"We were able to convince them that we had the desire to be great in the Bundesliga – that attracted them. But after selling De Bruyne and Perisic, we could not maintain the same competitive level.

"At the moment we have a one-team league with Bayern Munich. Bayern spent a lot of money … so I am certain they will always be favourites."

Aubameyang

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern must avoid Barcelona-like collapse - Guardiola

15 April 2016 14:01

1053739header.jpg

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has urged his players to take note of Barcelona's collapse in La Liga and told them to focus on retaining the Bundesliga crown.

The Catalans appeared to be cruising to the Spanish title but have collected just one point from their last three games to open the door for Madrid rivals Real and Atletico.

Bayern are seven points clear of second-placed Borussia Dortmund with five games to go, but Guardiola is not getting carried away and has stressed this weekend's match versus Schalke is a must-win.

"We need two more wins and a draw to secure the Bundesliga title. That is my ultimate goal," Guardiola said at a media conference.

"I think the Bundesliga title is ours to lose if we beat Schalke. But we have seen in La Liga how fast things can change. Barcelona got only one point from three games and everything is open again.

"That's why we have to be ready. We have not won anything yet. It is my job to make it clear to the players that we have not won the title yet. I am quite good at it, though. I am very good at it actually.

"But we are very close to winning the title if we manage to see off Schalke."

Guardiola left Robert Lewandowski out of his starting XI for the 2-2 Champions League draw with Benfica on Wednesday after the Poland international was involved in a car accident, but the Bayern coach was quick to stress that had no influence on his decision to bench the striker.

"It was my decision to leave Robert out of the team against Benfica," he added.

"I wanted an extra midfielder on the pitch and that is why he did not play. It was a tactical decision.

"Sometimes my tactics depend on our opponents. I cannot always go all-out attack, even though I would love to play with seven attackers. Maybe Carlo Ancelotti might be able to do that next season!"

JaviMartinez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern Munich v Schalke: Breitenreiter wants visitors to be positive

14 April 2016 21:20

1053391header.jpg

Andre Breitenreiter wants Schalke to be positive against Bayern Munich on Saturday as they bid to become the first Bundesliga visitors to win at the Allianz Arena in 2016.

Fresh from reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League, Pep Guardiola's Bayern - who sit seven points clear at the summit - can close in on the German title with a fifth straight league win.

However, Schalke are also in need of positive result. They go into the game in seventh position in the table, three points behind fourth-placed Bayer Leverkusen in the battle to qualify for next season's Champions League.

Breitenreiter hopes his side can build on their 2-2 draw with rivals Borussia Dortmund last Sunday, particularly as they have had a clear week to prepare for the game in Munich.

"We are absolutely the underdogs," Schalke's head coach told the club's official website.

"Nevertheless, we are heading to Munich in good spirits and want to get a positive result. If we go into the game with the attitude of just wanting to hide, then we have no chance.

"We will give our all and try to leave Munich with some points."

If the visitors want to pick up anything on their travels, they must improve on a miserable recent defensive record that has seen them fail to keep a clean sheet in their last six outings.

"Lately we have made too many mistakes that have led to us conceding goals," Breitenreiter added.

"And Bayern are a side who punish that without mercy, just like our neighbours [Dortmund] for example. They are on top in almost every statistic for the Bundesliga."

Bayern hardly need any help when it comes to scoring goals - having found the net 69 times in 29 league games this season.

Pep Guardiola's side drew 2-2 with Benfica on Wednesday. The result - coming after a 1-0 triumph in the first leg on home soil - secured them a place in the last four of Europe's premier club competition.

Robert Lewandowski - who was involved in a car accident last weekend - could be recalled to the home side's starting XI. The Poland international came on as an 84th-minute substitute in Portugal.

As for Schalke, Sead Kolasinac is ruled out through suspension. They are also without the injured trio of Leon Goretzka, Marco Hoger and Matija Nastasic.

Key Opta stats:

- Bayern are unbeaten in 10 Bundesliga games against Schalke (W8, D2).

- Schalke have taken just four points from their last four top-flight games. They haven’tkept a clean sheet in any of their last six Bundesliga matches.

- Bayern have won all but one of their 20 games at the Allianz Arena in all competitions so far this season.

- Johannes Geis is on the brink of his 100th Bundesliga appearance. He has eight goals and 14 assists to his name in the top flight.

- Manuel Neuer could notch up his 200th top-flight victory this weekend in what would be appearance number 313 – only Bastian Schweinsteiger has reached the milestone quicker (311 matches).

MarioGotze

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gotze eyeing perfect Bayern send-off for Guardiola

20 April 2016

1056863header.jpg

Mario Gotze understands the importance of the coming weeks as Bayern Munich aim to send Pep Guardiola off with a treble-winning season.

Bayern sit seven points clear at the top of the Bundesliga with four games to play, are in the DFB-Pokal final and are set to face Atletico Madrid in the Champions League semi-finals, with the first leg taking place next Wednesday.

Guardiola will leave Bayern at the end of the season to take over at fellow Champions League semi-finalists Manchester City at the end of the season.

And asked if a treble would be the perfect leaving present for the former Barcelona boss, Gotze said at the unveiling of a new sponsorship agreement for Bayern: "It would definitely be. We know he will leave in the summer. I think no one would refuse to win all three titles.

"It would be something very special, especially to win the fourth Bundesliga title in a row. We know exactly how important the next few weeks are."

Meanwhile, forward Thomas Muller expressed satisfaction with Guardiola's coaching style and is relishing the pressure of trying to reach the final of Europe's top club competition.

"I think it's good that the manager is not being influenced and protects the team. He leaves no wedge between himself and the players and I think he's doing it very well," Muller said.

"We have pressure at any time, that's normal life at Bayern. But in the semi-finals of the Champions League you rather have positive pressure. It's very nice to fight for the final. However, it is of course not natural to go through."

Aubameyang

Alfrescian
Loyal

Luiz Gustavo urges Wolfsburg to keep spending

20 April 2016

1056750header.jpg

Luiz Gustavo has stressed Wolfsburg must keep spending if they want to challenge for top honours again.

Wolfsburg enjoyed a successful 2014-15 campaign in which they finished runners-up to Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga and won the DFB-Pokal.

Dieter Hecking's men also made it to the quarter-finals of the Champions League this season, where Real Madrid eventually proved to be too strong.

However, it has been a struggle domestically this season with Wolfsburg eighth in the table with just four matches remaining.

And Brazil midfielder Luiz Gustavo believes Wolfsburg must bring in more big names to remain competitive.

"When I joined Wolfsburg, they told me they wanted to build a great team," the Brazil international told SportBild.

"But if we really want to become a big team, the people in charge will have to do something again.

"There have always been investments in the team. I can see myself stay here if that continues.

"I want to play against the best and be able to beat them. You need great players for that and a great team."

The 28-year-old joined Wolfsburg from Bayern in August 2013 and has a contract with the Bundesliga outfit until June 2018.

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Neuer pens Bayern extension until 2021

20 April 2016

1056609header.jpg

Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has penned a contract extension until 2021.

Germany international Neuer moved to the Allianz Arena from Bundesliga rivals Schalke ahead of the 2011-12 season and has been a mainstay of Bayern's XI since.

Recent reports suggested Neuer may be tempted to join head coach Pep Guardiola at Manchester City next season, but he has laid to rest any doubt over his future by penning fresh terms with the German champions.

zXqaYLO.jpg

Neuer is the latest Bayern star to commit his future to the club, with Jerome Boateng, Thomas Muller, David Alaba and Javi Martinez having extended their stays over recent months.

It has been a trophy-laded stint for Neuer since making the move to Bayern, with the goalkeeper winning three league titles, two DFB-Pokals and the Champions League in 2013.

The 30-year-old appears set to add to his already impressive medal haul this season, as Bayern sit seven points clear at the top of the Bundesliga with four matches remaining.

Guardiola's men beat Werder Bremen 2-0 on Tuesday to reach the Pokal final and Bayern also have a Champions League semi-final against La Liga high-flyers Atletico Madrid to look forward to.

MarioGotze

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern confirm minor health concern for Sammer

24 April 2016

1059324header.jpg

Matthias Sammer has been absent from Bayern Munich's last two matches due to a minor health problem, the Bundesliga champions have confirmed.

Sporting director Sammer usually takes his place on the Bayern bench alongside Pep Guardiola and his coaching staff, but was not present for the club's wins over Werder Bremen and Hertha Berlin.

Bayern released a statement on Sunday announcing that former Germany defender Sammer has a "minute circulatory disorder in the brain", with club doctor Professor Roland Schmidt confirming the issue will "heal completely and without consequences".

Sammer himself added: "I'm not constrained in any way and the doctors have assured me I'll be completely healed and restored.

"However, I will give myself the necessary time to recover. After that I will again be available to the team and FC Bayern with all my energy."

Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge commented: "The most important thing now is that Matthias Sammer recovers completely. Matthias knows we will give him all the time he needs before resuming his duties at FC Bayern with his previous strength."

Aubameyang

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wolfsburg release Bendtner

25 April 2016

1059686header.jpg

Wolfsburg have released Nicklas Bendtner on a free transfer with immediate effect.

The Denmark international's contract with the Bundesliga outfit ran until June 2017, but Wolfsburg have opted to prematurely end his deal.

Bendtner had not trained with the first team since the end of March, with chief executive Klaus Allofs describing the former Arsenal striker as "a menace to the team" due to his lack of professionalism.

"Nicklas and Wolfsburg had high expectations when he joined us a little under two years ago, but both parties have to admitted things did not pan out as expected," Allofs explained.

"Continuing our collaboration would not have made any sense for either party.

"That's why we think cancelling Nicklas' contract is the best step for all involved.

"We would like to wish him all the best in the rest of his career."

Bendtner joined Wolfsburg on a free transfer in 2014 and scored nine goals in 47 appearances in all competitions since.

Aubameyang

Alfrescian
Loyal

RB Leipzig rejected Vardy for being ´too old´ at 27

27 April 2016

1060797header.jpg

RB Leipzig rejected the chance to sign Jamie Vardy two years ago because the Leicester City striker was deemed "too old".

Vardy has scored 22 Premier League goals this season, inspiring Leicester to the brink of a stunning title triumph, while his form has also earned him a place in Roy Hodgson's England plans.

Leipzig coach and sporting director Ralph Rangnick has now revealed that he passed on the opportunity to bring the forward to the second tier of German football in 2014 because of his stance on only recruiting players under the age of 24.

"We desperately wanted to sign Joe Gomez, who later chose Liverpool, and we were flying back from London to Leipzig with his agent," Rangnick told Sport Bild magazine.

"On the plane, the agent said to me: 'Mr Rangnick, it's a crying shame that you are so radical about who you sign and only go for players who are under 24 because I've got somebody who would be just perfect for you. I can guarantee he would become a national team player under you, but he's already 27.' It was Jamie Vardy."

Rangnick says he responded: "No, he's 27 - we're not doing it."

Leicester could be crowned champions on Sunday with a win over Manchester United, though Vardy – now 29 - is suspended for the clash at Old Trafford.

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Bendtner experiment was a failure - Allofs

27 April 2016

1060884header.jpg

Wolfsburg CEO Klaus Allofs has admitted signing Nicklas Bendtner was "a failed experiment" after the Bundesliga side opted to release the striker on Monday.

Bendtner joined Wolfsburg on a free transfer in August 2014, but the Denmark international failed to live up the high expectations at the Volkswagen Arena.

He was already banished from first-team training last month after a number of incidents, with Wolfsburg questioning his professionalism, and his time at the club came to a premature end this week.

"Signing Bendtner was an experiment and it was not a successful one," Allofs told Kicker.

"Bendtner was a gamble worth taking. He was an extraordinary talent. We were envious of Arsenal when Nicklas was still a young player.

"But talent alone is not enough. Nicklas is a divisive figure, he is hurting his own career.

"Of course, we are upset and disappointed that he was unable to fulfil his potential at Wolfsburg."

Bendtner scored nine goals in 47 appearances in all competitions for the Bundesliga side.

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tuchel: Hummels abuse went too far

30 April 2016

1062900header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel believes some fans "went too far" in their rough treatment of Mats Hummels in Saturday's 5-1 win over Wolfsburg.

Hummels captained Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park, despite requesting a transfer to bitter rivals Bayern Munich in midweek.

The Germany defender hit out at "nonsense" suggestions that he had approached Bayern over a move, but regardless his name was booed before Saturday's 5-1 win over Wolfsburg, before his every touch was whistled and the 'Yellow Wall' raised a banner which read: "The captain is leaving the ship. The sooner, the better!"

While Tuchel admitted the backlash was to be expected, he expressed sorrow that some had spoiled the game's atmosphere.

"It wasn't hard to imagine that the fans would want to give voice to their dissatisfaction," Tuchel said.

"A very ambivalent mood could be felt in the stadium.

"He was whistled whenever he was on the ball at first, but then the majority of the crowd attempted to drown that out with applause and take a stand.

"It is not pleasant for your captain to have to deal with such an atmosphere in your own stadium. I think there is a difference between whistling and offensive songs which go too far in their content."

Tuchel insists that despite the supporters' fury, Hummels remains well supported among his Dortmund team-mates.

He added: "Since this came to light on Thursday, there has been a strong feeling of solidarity.

"The team is a tight-knit group. Mats was able to rely on his team mates continuing to play with him as normal - irrespective of what happens.

"That gave him the sense of security to allow him to stay calm and relaxed, and to play a strong game."

JaviMartinez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hummels slams ´nonsense´ claims over Bayern request

30 April 2016

1062836header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund captain Mats Hummels has branded claims that he has offered himself to Bayern Munich as "nonsense".

It was confirmed this week that Hummels had requested a post-season move back to his first club Bayern after eight-and-a-half seasons at Signal Iduna Park.

As a result, Hummels' name was booed before Saturday's 5-1 win over Wolfsburg, his every touch was whistled and the 'Yellow Wall' raised a banner which read: "The captain is leaving the ship. The sooner, the better!"

Former Bayern president Uli Hoeness had caused consternation when he said that Hummels had "come knocking" on the champions' door, but the defender insists he is yet to discuss anything with Allianz Arena officials.

"I have not offered myself anywhere," he told reporters. "That is the greatest piece of nonsense I've ever heard."

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge was quick to back up Hummels' statement.

"Maybe Uli has not understood it correctly," he said.

"We were knocking on his door, not Hummels knocking on our door. Mats has not moved offensively towards us but we asked him whether he could imagine himself moving to Bayern."

Aubameyang

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dortmund tell Bayern Hummels fee is non-negotiable

2 May 2016

1063707header.jpg

Hans-Joachim Watzke has warned Bayern Munich that Mats Hummels will only be sold if they meet Borussia Dortmund's valuation.

Dortmund announced last week that their captain wants to rejoin his boyhood club Bayern at the end of the season, but they have no intention of letting the centre-back go on the cheap.

"We named our price and that is non-negotiable," Watzke told Suddeutschen Zeitung.

"They either match our asking price or the deal is off."

Hummels - who was loudly jeered by Dortmund's fans during Saturday's 5-1 win over Wolfsburg - came through the ranks at Bayern, but left the Allianz Arena for Signal Iduna Park in January 2008.

Aubameyang

Alfrescian
Loyal

Blow for Germany as Gundogan ruled out of Euro 2016

6 May 2016

1066078header.jpg

Germany midfielder Ilkay Gundogan will miss Euro 2016 after sustaining a serious knee injury in training, Borussia Dortmund have confirmed.

The 25-year-old suffered a dislocated kneecap in a training session and will not return to action again until next season, the club stated on Friday.

He will subsequently miss Dortmund's final two Bundesliga matches of the season, as well as the DFB-Pokal final against Bayern Munich on May 21, and will not be available for Joachim Low's Germany squad for the finals in France.

Gundogan, who missed Germany's victorious World Cup 2014 campaign due to a persistent back problem, has recaptured some of his best form this season despite further niggling injuries interrupting the campaign.

The former Nurnberg man had been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City in the coming transfer window, with Pep Guardiola - who will take charge in July - understood to be a keen admirer.

Speaking last March, Gundogan stated that he felt "reborn" as a player after putting the pain of sitting out the finals in Brazil behind him.

"What touches you the most after suffering an injury for so much time, is the fact that you really appreciate your health afterwards when you have recovered," he said.

"You appreciate that you spend a day without suffering. For a long time, I already felt pain when I woke up in the morning. If I compared it to now, I feel reborn, I am a whole other man."

The former Nurnberg man had been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City in the coming transfer window, with Pep Guardiola - who will take charge in July - understood to be a keen admirer.

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola: Dressing-room mole is Bayern´s problem, not mine

6 May 2016

1066022header.jpg

Pep Guardiola is bemused by the dressing-room 'mole' at Bayern Munich but says it is a problem for the club to resolve.

A report in Bild this week carried claims Guardiola, speaking after the Champions League semi-final exit to Atletico Madrid on Tuesday, was furious his medical staff could not bring about the kind of quick recovery from injury that saw Diego Godin start for Diego Simeone's side.

The leak is the latest in a string of claims from an unnamed source in the Bayern camp. There were allegations earlier this season Guardiola had lost patience with some first-team stars over their fitness - including Arturo Vidal - while his tactical plans for a Bundesliga clash with Borussia Dortmund in 2013 also found their way into the public eye.

Guardiola has accused the alleged spy of hurting the team while attempting to undermine his own work, but says it is down to the club to find the source of the problem as he prepares to leave for Manchester City in July.

"I don't know exactly what Godin had. He was two or three days out, then he was back. I want players to come back as soon as possible, I've fought for that for years," he said on Friday.

"I'm not disappointed that the information gets to the public. What happens on Wednesday often happens.

"What happens in the dressing room should [stay] in the dressing room. The person who gives the information to the media has not figured out that he did not hurt me, but the team.

"I don't know who he is and I don't have the time now to search for him. I only understand his intention: he wants to hurt me, but he only hurts the team and the club. It's a problem for the club, not me."

Guardiola has also revealed he had originally planned to stay at Bayern for longer, despite opting to leave the club at the end of the three-year contract he began in 2013.

"When I came here, I didn't think I would only stay for three years," he said. "But the decision to leave the club was made, it's a situation I found to be the right one."

Guardiola accepts some critics consider him "a failure" at Allianz Arena, given he has not delivered another Champions League title, but he says the team has moved on quickly from their disappointment against Atletico and are ready to clinch the Bundesliga this weekend.

"If the rating for my work depends on whether I win the Champions League, then I have failed. If people think that then I have to accept that," he said.

"We tried everything. I've been very happy here, we have fought for everything.

"I knew we could lose at some point, but I was interested in how we lose. The defeat against Real Madrid [in 2014] I can take on my own back, but against Barcelona [last season] and Atletico we gave everything.

"Of course it's not easy. We wanted to reach the final - we haven't. Now we must immediately think of the next game, we need a point or better to become champions.

"The games at the end of the season are always difficult. Ingolstadt have had a crazy season. In the first game in Munich they gave a good account of themselves."