• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 ║

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ramos, Mandzukic, Luiz & the stars one yellow card away from missing Champions League final

394704_heroa.jpg

By Joe Wright
Apr 28, 2014 7:34:00 AM

Xabi Alonso, Willian and Koke are also among the players who will be walking a disciplinary tightrope in the semi-final second legs

A total of nine players are just one yellow card away from being suspended for the Champions League final ahead of the semi-final second legs this week.

For holders Bayern Munich, striker Mario Mandzukic is at risk of a ban as they look to overturn a 1-0 deficit to Real Madrid from the first leg.

The Spanish giants have three players who will miss the Lisbon showpiece should they pick up a booking in Germany. Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso and Asier Illarramendi will all need to be wary of incurring the wrath of referee Pedro Proenca.

Chelsea host Atletico Madrid in the second of the semi-final second legs with two Brazilians walking a disciplinary tightrope. David Luiz - who could well feature in central midfield given that Frank Lampard and John Obi Mikel are suspended from the clash - is just a booking away from being banned himself, while attacking midfielder Willian is also at risk.

Atletico, like rivals Real, have three players who could potentially miss the final: defenders Emiliano Insua and Juanfran, as well as midfield star Koke. Captain Gabi is banned from the semi-final second leg.

Bayern face Real Madrid on Tuesday at the Allianz Arena at 20:45CET, with Chelsea taking on Atletico on Wednesday.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Klopp 'convinced' Bayern will eliminate Madrid

386248_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu
Apr 28, 2014 10:06:00 AM

The BVB coach has wished his side's arch-rivals luck ahead of their Champions League semi-final showdown and is confident they will triumph

Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has backed Bayern Munich to overturn a 1-0 first-leg deficit against Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-finals.

Karim Benzema's goal separates the two teams following last week's encounter at the Santiago Bernabeu after the Bavarians put in a limp offensive performance.

However, Klopp, whose BVB team were eliminated by Madrid in the last round, believes that his side's arch-rivals will come from behind to win.

"Of course I wish Bayern good luck in this game," he is quoted as saying by Sport.

"I'm still convinced that Bayern will win the tie."

Bayern and Madrid clash at the Allianz Arena at 20:45CET.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bayern simply better than Madrid - Breitner

384024_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu
Apr 28, 2014 9:14:00 AM

The former West Germany international is confident that his old club can see off Carlo Ancelotti's side in Tuesday's Champions League semi-final

Bayern Munich legend Paul Breitner has backed Pep Guardiola's side to reach the Champions League final at the expense of Real Madrid.

Carlo Ancelotti's men claimed a 1-0 first-leg victory over the Bavarians last week thanks to Karim Benzema's goal to leave the last-four tie delicately poised.

However, Breitner is confident that the European champions will come good in the second leg and knock the Spanish giants out of the competition.

"If we put in a normal performance, whether Real Madrid are at home or in Munich, we can win," the former West Germany international, who played for both clubs, told Sport1.

"That's because we're better. We don't have 11 bullets in the team or Cristiano Ronaldo but we're the better team in the tie.

"But we need to play as we know, as we did in Madrid. We also had Franck Ribery return to form against Bremen. The last half hour was a pleasure.

"This makes me optimistic for Tuesday. We will continue to do what we did in the second half against Bremen."

Guardiola's tactics have come in for criticism in recent weeks after a series of limp performances going forward but Breitner has leapt to the Spaniard's defence.

"How can you criticise Guardiola if we have three or four poor weeks?" he asked.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Robben: Madrid tactics surprised me

396576_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu
Apr 28, 2014 12:12:00 PM

The Dutchman says he did not expect Carlo Ancelotti's side to sit back as much in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final and is eyeing a special night in the return

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben says he was taken aback by Real Madrid's defensive approach when the two sides met last week.

Karim Benzema gave Carlo Ancelotti's side a vital 1-0 first-leg lead in the Champions League semi-final as the Bavarians struggled to break down a stubborn Madrid defence.

The Dutchman has admitted that he expected the Spanish outfit to be more adventurous but is confident his side can make amends at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday.

"We were all surprised about their defensive play in Madrid," he said at a press conference.

"We have to focus on playing offensively and scoring goals but we also have to take care of their counterattacks. We are all motivated enough. We know Madrid want the 'Decima'.

"We are still hungry and we know we can write history with this team so we are as motivated as they are. The two teams have great aims.

"It won't be any easier for us if [Cristiano] Ronaldo and [Gareth] Bale are playing from the beginning. It is clear they will have lots of confidence because of the result in Madrid but they know it won't be easy here.

"The Allianz Arena will be on fire. We will give everything. We need our fans and the support. All 11 players on the pitch and seven on the bench will give everything. We have lots of confidence for the game tomorrow.

"We have to play with confidence. We scored three goals against Manchester United. Last year we scored four against Barcelona.

"We have had some weeks where we haven't played the best games but we still have a really good feeling about tomorrow. Now we have to reward ourselves tomorrow because we really played a great season so far."

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Liverpool win shows how good Chelsea are - Simeone

394238_heroa.jpg

Apr 28, 2014 10:42:00 AM

The Argentine is impressed by the sheer number of quality players at Jose Mourinho's disposal and is anticipating a tough encounter on Wednesday

Diego Simeone believes Chelsea's victory over Liverpool without several of their star men shows they can hurt his Atletico Madrid side on Wednesday.

The two clubs enter the second leg of their Champions League semi-final tie with the scores locked at 0-0 after a stalemate last Tuesday at the Vicente Calderon.

Simeone is under no illusions as to the task at hand for his troops and is anticiapting a tough clash at Stamford Bridge.

"It is clear Chelsea has a huge team because they won despite making a lot of changes," he said.

"That means we are going to play against a powerful team, something we knew. So they will make a lot of problems for us next Wednesday."

Atletico Madrid are looking to reach their first European Cup final since 1974, when they lost 4-0 to Bayern Munich in a replay at Heysel.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Madrid are not in the final yet, warns Bale

396957_heroa.jpg

By Peter McVitie
Apr 28, 2014 6:37:00 PM

The ex-Tottenham star didn't feature at the weekend but says he will be fit to face Bayern for the second leg of a tie he insists is far from over

Gareth Bale has warned his Real Madrid team-mates they have not reached the final of the Champions League yet and says he hopes to play in Tuesday's semi-final meeting with Bayern Munich.

The Welshman has suffered from flu in recent days and was subsequently omitted from the starting XI for the first leg but was brought on to replace Cristiano Ronaldo for the final 17 minutes before being rested for los Blancos' 4-0 league win over Osasuna at the weekend.

The former Tottenham Hotspur player says he is fit and wants to play against the German champions, insisting his side will give their all in what is a crucial tie.

Bale told reporters; "I feel good. I have had a few days training. I'm hoping to play tomorrow and looking forward to it.

"It’s been a good season so far but there is still a lot of work to go. We haven’t spoken too much about the game, but we know it’s a massive one with a lot at stake. We are ready to give it 100%; our best shot.

"I don't feel like we've qualified for the final yet. We have a very hard game to come against Bayern. We are looking forward to it. We like to attack but we need to know how to defend too.

"We are confident. When you arrive at a club like this you feel the expectation, but there is a great atmosphere within the group. We wanted to win the Copa del Rey and we did so.

"We want to do the same in the Champions League. We are eager to play against the best teams and to win titles.

"We will look to play good football as we always do. We are not the type of team that comes out with the idea of playing extremely defensively."

Madrid travel to Germany with a 1-0 lead from the first leg as they hope to secure a place in the final against either Atletico Madrid or Chelsea.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real will set out to score against Bayern, says Ancelotti

396965_heroa.jpg

By Peter McVitie
Apr 28, 2014 7:22:00 PM

The 54-year-old says mental strength will be more significant than tactics as they take a 1-0 first-leg lead to the Allianz Arena on Tuesday

Carlo Ancelotti says Real Madrid will set out to score in the second leg of their Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich.

Los Blancos take a 1-0 lead to the Allianz Arena on Tuesday despite Bayern having dominated the first leg in the Spanish capital.

Ancelotti insists his team won't set out to scrape a goalless draw from the return leg and has called on his players to show the mental fortitude required to reach their first final in more than a decade.

"It is possible to advance even if we don't score, but our intention is to do so," he told reporters. "We have scored a lot in the Champions League and in La Liga and my intention is that we do so again in this one.

"We can play different styles of football, but in the majority of games we try to attack. We look to take advantage of our physical and technical strengths.

"We know tomorrow's game is going to be very difficult. We are playing against a great team with a small advantage, so we are not that stupid as to think we have already qualified.

"It is true that we have athletes of the highest calibre; we are physically very strong. I don't think tactically the game is going to change a lot tomorrow. Bayern have their footballing philosophy, but I don't think tactics will be all-important. I actually think the mental side of things will be more important."

Ancelotti was not impressed with the way his side began the clash at Santiago Bernabeu last week and has urged his players to take the game to Bayern from kick-off.

"We started too timidly in the first leg; if we do the same tomorrow it will be very dangerous. We need to start stronger, and must make a big effort. We will need maximum effort from everyone in order to reach the final. Our system is not all-important, the work aspect will be.

"Playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 won't change the overall outcome much. We will see two teams with different philosophies because of the players available to them. That's what makes football so beautiful. Personally, I prefer football that is quick during the build-up."

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Terry could be fit to face Atletico

Monday 28 Apr 2014 7:14a.m.

john-terry-1200.jpg

John Terry (Reuters)

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that captain John Terry may recover from a foot injury in time to face Atletico Madrid in this week's European Champions League semifinal second leg.

"He has a chance," Mourinho said after Sunday's 2-0 English Premier League victory at title rivals Liverpool.

"Let's see tomorrow, after tomorrow. After the match against Atletico, I said `no chance'. In this moment, I say `maybe'."

Terry injured his foot in the first leg against Atletico on Tuesday, which finished 0-0, and Mourinho said afterwards that he would not be able to play again until a potential appearance in the competition's final in Lisbon on May 24.

AFP

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bayern desperate to turn around Madrid tie

Published: Monday 28 April 2014, 19.36CET

"The team want it, I want it, the fans want it," said Josep Guardiola as FC Bayern München try to overturn a 1-0 deficit at home to a Real Madrid CF side ready for a "very difficult" night.

by Daniel Lerche
from Munich

2097708_w2.jpg

Josep Guardiola speaks on Monday ©Getty Images

FC Bayern München must overturn a 1-0 deficit at home to Real Madrid CF in order to defend the UEFA Champions League title in Lisbon on 24 May and Josep Guardiola said: "The team want it, I want it, the fans want it."

Guardiola knows all about Madrid's counterattacking ability after the 1-0 loss last week in which his side had more of the play and the Merengues' subsequent 4-0 defeat of CA Osasuna.

Given the slender nature of Madrid's advantage, Ancelotti "wants maximum effort from everyone in order to reach the final". He thinks industry, rather than tactics, could be decisive. "Our system is not all-important, the work aspect will be."

Bayern
Josep Guardiola, coach

The tension is high, of course. We are in the semis and everyone is looking forward to the game. It should be a great atmosphere. I knew before their match against Osasuna how good Madrid are and what fantastic players they have.

Franck [Ribéry] is a very important player for us, he's been at Bayern much longer than me. It gives me great pleasure when he plays well, with energy, motivation and fighting spirit. He always wants to fight for the cause and that's why people love him. He's one of the greatest players in the club's history.

Madrid counterattack at pace. If you lose the ball you need to make sure you close down the space and make the defence compact. They will seek to defend their advantage for 90 minutes, but I'm not sure how. We were desperate to score an away goal. Now we have to attack even more – we have no other option. I'm convinced they'll want to play as well.

It has been a fantastic season with a Champions League semi-final and a German Cup final to come. We're already German champions and there is lots more we can achieve. We cannot do it by ourselves tomorrow. We need the fans, who have been outstanding so far. They can push us towards the final. The team want it, I want it, the fans want it, and together we can achieve it.

Weekend result

Saturday: Bayern 5-2 SV Werder Bremen (Ribéry 20, Pizarro 53 57, Schweinsteiger 61, Robben 74; Gebre Selassie 10, Hunt 36)
Neuer; Weiser (Lahm 46), Boateng, Dante (Robben 73), Alaba (Contento 76); Martínez, Schweinsteiger; Müller, Götze, Ribéry; Pizarro.

• Usual starters Toni Kroos, Philipp Lahm, Arjen Robben and Mario Mandžukić began the game on the bench. Bayern twice came from behind to record their 14th home victory of the season, though they have won just four out of nine in all competitions since wrapping up the Bundesliga title on 25 March.

Team news

Thiago Alcántara (knee) and Xherdan Shaqiri (thigh) are not available, but otherwise Guardiola said: "All the players are fit."

Madrid
Carlo Ancelotti, coach

We know tomorrow's game is going to be very difficult. We are playing against a great team with a small advantage, so we are not that stupid as to think we have already qualified. It's going to be really hard. It is true that we have athletes of the highest calibre; we are physically very strong.

I have good memories of this stadium. I don't think tactically the game is going to change a lot tomorrow. FC Bayern have their footballing philosophy, but I don't think tactics will be all-important. I actually think the mental side of things will be more important.

We started too timidly in the first leg – if we do the same tomorrow it will be very dangerous. We need to start stronger and must make a big effort. We will need maximum effort from everyone in order to reach the final. Our system is not all-important, the work aspect will be.

Playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-3 won't change the overall outcome much. We will see two teams with different philosophies because of the players available to them. That's what makes football so beautiful.

It is possible to advance even if we don't score, but our intention is to do so. We have scored a lot in the UEFA Champions League and in the Liga and my intention is that we do so again in this one. We can play different styles of football, but in the majority of games we try to play offensively. We look to take advantage of our physical and technical strengths.

Weekend result

Saturday: Real Madrid CF 4-0 CA Osasuna (Ronaldo 6 52, Ramos 60, Carvajal 83)
Diego López; Nacho, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Modrić (Alonso 67), Illarramendi, Isco; Di María (Carvajal 74), Morata, Ronaldo (Casemiro 62).

• A fourth successive Liga win kept Madrid third in the Liga, six points behind leaders Club Atlético de Madrid with a game in hand. Cristiano Ronaldo's double took him to 17 goals in his last 13 games in all competitions.

Team news

Gareth Bale – suffering from a virus last week – was rested on Saturday, while Pepe (hip) and Karim Benzema (knee) remained on the bench. Ancelotti, though, said: "All the players are fit, so it will be difficult for me to choose the starting XI."

Regarding the long-term absentees, Sami Khedira is close to a return for the first time since tearing an anterior cruciate ligament in November. Álvaro Arbeloa and Jesé Rodríguez are out with knee injuries.

Match fact

Bayern have won 20 of their last 24 UEFA Champions League home games, but only one of their past three – 3-1 against Manchester United FC in the quarter-finals.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ronaldinho is the greatest I ever played with, says Henrik Larsson

289911_heroa.jpg

By Ben Hayward
Apr 28, 2014 12:00:00 PM

The 42-year-old has spoken of his admiration for the Brazilian, while adding that winning the 2006 Champions League was his finest moment as a player

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gfybkQGYgnA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Former Barcelona striker Henrik Larsson says Ronaldinho was the greatest player he ever played with.

The former Sweden star forged a close friendship with the Brazilian during his two-year stay at Camp Nou between 2004 and 2006, and the 42-year-old ranks him as one of the legends of the game.

"The greatest player I played with has to be Ronaldinho," Larsson told us in the latest episode of MasterCard's Priceless Memories video series.

"When I was at FC Barcelona he was at the height of his career, he was absolutely fantastic, the things he could do with the ball, and also the passing game he had was fantastic.

"I’m very proud that he used to call me his idol. When I was at Barcelona he used to joke a little bit that he watched me in the World Cup already in 1994, so he used to call me idolo and it was fantastic to hear that from one of the greatest players we’ve ever seen in the game I think."

Larsson was a hero for Barca in the 2006 Champions League final as he came off the bench to set up goals for Samuel Eto'o and Juliano Belletti as the Blaugrana beat Arsenal 2-1 in Paris - a night he says was the finest of his career.

He added: "I wasn't happy about not starting and I wasn’t even sure if I was going to participate in the game because at the time, you might have heard of the player that was there, Lionel Messi.

"He was very young at the time, [Frank] Rijkaard chose between me and him sitting on the bench, and Messi went into the stands and I went onto the bench.

"I was fortunate enough to pass the ball to Eto’o and then to Belletti; that was the only goal Belletti scored for Barcelona and it was perfect timing to be honest.

"Now today I can watch back and every time I hear the song of the UEFA Champions League I can have a big smile on my face. The proudest moment of my career has to be when we won the Champions League. It's the biggest thing you can win bar the World Cup."

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Deco tips Chelsea to make UCL final

Deco believes the 2014 Champions League is heading towards an ideal climax for Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

Gary%20Cahill,%20David%20Luiz,%20Cesar%20Azpilicueta,%20John%20Terry%20and%20Demba%20Ba%20of%20Chelsea%20celebrate%20victory.jpg.jpg

Tuesday 29th April 2014

The former Portugal and Chelsea playmaker was in Mourinho's Porto team which won the 2004 tournament and expects to see the Blues advance to the May 24 Lisbon final in Wednesday's semi-final second leg with Atletico Madrid.

The Brazil-born midfielder, who played for Chelsea for two years from 2008, predicts Mourinho will face Real Madrid, the side he left last summer, in the final after the Spaniards took a first-leg advantage over defending champions Bayern Munich.

Deco, who as the MasterCard Player Mascot Manager will help give 22 kids a Priceless Experience at the UEFA Champions League Final, told Press Association Sport: "For him he can be in the final; it's the cup for him.

"Maybe against his last team, Real Madrid, I think it would be very good for him.

"I think Chelsea will go through. (The first leg) was a difficult game. They didn't take risks because they knew that they had the second game in London."

Deco played for Barcelona, winning his second Champions League in 2006, but the triumph under Mourinho was a career highlight for the now-retired 36-year-old.

"He's a fantastic coach," Deco added.

"When we won the Champions League with Porto, it was very good. He's still a friend."

Deco would take great delight from Chelsea winning the tournament for a second time in three years.

He said: "The Champions League is the best tournament in the world you can play in a club. When a player wins it is amazing."

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chelsea - Atletico Madrid Preview: Mourinho missing key names as Blues eye Champions League final spot

The two sides drew 0-0 in the first leg in Spain, meaning the Blues will have to defeat Diego Simeone's men if they are to progress to the final of the competition

By Peter Hanson

394265hp2.jpg

Jose Mourinho's tactical nous will once more be under the spotlight when Chelsea meet a rampant Atletico Madrid in the Champions League later this week.

Chelsea manager Mourinho was accused of "parking two buses" by Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers at the weekend, as the Blues triumphed 2-0 at Anfield to reinvigorate their Premier League title hopes.

That came just five days after the Portuguese had seen his side produce a back-to-the-walls performance in the 0-0 Champions League semi-final first leg at Vicente Calderon.

Now, Mourinho will face scrutiny once more as he prepares for Wednesday's second leg at Stamford Bridge, against an Atletico side who are the only unbeaten team remaining in this season's Champions League.

Mourinho's team selection is will also come under the microscope, after he threatened to name a weakened side at Anfield.

An expectant Stamford Bridge crowd will demand a more expansive approach on home soil, yet the expected absence of Eden Hazard and Samuel Eto'o would hinder that gameplan.

Chelsea are also without suspended midfield duo Frank Lampard and John Obi Mikel, ineligible January signings Nemanja Matic and Mohamed Salah, as well as goalkeeper Petr Cech (shoulder).

Captain John Terry is also doubtful after injuring his ankle in the first leg.

Furthermore, Atletico are continuing to compound the odds in domestic and European football this season.

A 1-0 triumph at Valencia on Sunday made it nine straight league wins for Diego Simeone's men, who inch ever-closer to claiming the Liga title.

Intriguingly, the match pits the last two winners of the Europa League against each other, and both teams will be going all out to succeed on Europe's biggest stage.

Key to Chelsea's hopes could be the European pedigree of Mourinho; the Portuguese is looking to become the first man to reach the Champions League final with three different clubs.

However, Simeone's charges know an away goal could prove crucial after the first-leg stalemate, a result that means Chelsea will likely need to inflict a first Champions League defeat of the campaign on Atletico if they want to repeat their 2012 Champions League success, although another goalless game could lead to Chelsea progressing via a penalty shootout.

Atletico's only final appearance came in 1974 but midfielder Raul Garcia, who scored the winner against Valencia on Sunday, stated his side have no intention of holding back, telling Canal+: "We have to go all out [against Chelsea]."

Simeone is unable to call on the services of captain Gabi, who misses the game through suspension.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For those who missed it. Before UEFA gets YouTube to delete them.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gb4QR-GQV5g?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

Bayern Munich 0 - 4 Real Madrid

All Goals & Full Highlights 29.04.2014 (Watch it in 720p)

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos at the double as Spanish giants reach Champions League final with stunning victory

By Martin Samuel
Published: 20:38 GMT, 29 April 2014 | Updated: 00:15 GMT, 30 April 2014

Pep Guardiola, the Bayern coach, watched from the touchline as his theories were taken apart.

Possession statistics were meaningless, tika-taka was bunk. Madrid, holding a single goal first-leg lead at the Allianz Arena, were a spectacular four goals clear on aggregate by half-time and Munich looked close to incompetent, trailing so miserably in their wake.

They were overrun in midfield, hopeless in defence and goalkeeper Manuel Neuer was a nervous wreck. Madrid had been the better team in the first game, too; but nobody expected them to emphasise their superiority quite like this.

By the end, the home fans were voicing their displeasure at the substitution of Thomas Muller and sceptics were wondering whether this was the Guardiola bubble burst.

article-0-1D74992A00000578-72_634x423.jpg

Job done: Real Madrid are through to this year's Champions League final after beating Bayern Munich 4-0

article-2616240-1D74EF8500000578-359_634x428.jpg

All sewn up: Cristiano Ronaldo fires home a free-kick to complete Real Madrid's victory over Bayern

article-2616240-1D74F53100000578-959_634x429.jpg

Ecstatic: Ronaldo wheels away to celebrate with Gareth Bale (left) and Luka Modric after scoring

article-0-1D74970700000578-13_634x445.jpg

On the attack: Cristiano Ronaldo fires the ball past Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer to score Real's third

article-0-1D748EAD00000578-13_634x495.jpg

Victory: Goalscorer Ronaldo is congratulated by Gareth Bale during Real Madrid's comprehensive win

article-2616240-1D74B44700000578-763_634x386.jpg

Opener: Sergio Ramos climbs highest in a crowded box to head Real Madrid into the lead against Bayern

article-2616240-1D74B9AB00000578-693_634x384.jpg

Get in! Defender Ramos (second left) roars in celebration after hading the Spanish giants in front

article-0-1D74934200000578-805_634x426.jpg

Team effort: Ramos is congratulated by Xabi Alonso (left), Angel Di Maria and Gareth Bale (second right)

article-0-1D74A06C00000578-592_634x393.jpg

Diving header: Ramos doubles the advantage for Los Blancos as a helpless Neuer watches on

article-0-1D74A43E00000578-814_634x443.jpg

Listen up! Ramos celebrates after putting Real Madrid 2-0 up at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday night

MATCH FACTS

Bayern Munich (4-2-3-1): Neuer 4; Lahm 5, Boateng 5, Dante 5, Alaba 5; Kroos 5, Schweinsteiger 5; Robben 5, Mueller 5 (Pizarro 5, 71), Ribery 4.5 (Gotze 5, 71); Mandzukic 4 (Martinez 5, 46).
Subs not used: Raeder, Van Buyten, Rafinha, Hojbjerg.
Booked: Dante.

Real Madrid (4-3-3): Casillas 7; Carvajal 7, Pepe 7.5, Ramos 9 (Varane 6, 74), Coentrao 7; Modric 7, Alonso 7, Di Maria 8 (Casemiro 84); Bale 7.5, Benzema 7.5 (Isco 5, 80), Ronaldo 8.
Subs not used: Diego Lopez, Marcelo, Morata, Illarra. Booked: Alonso.
Scorers: Ramos, 16, 20, Ronaldo 34, 88.
MOM: Sergio Ramos.

Referee: Pedro Proenca (Portugal) 8.5.

*Player ratings by MARTIN SAMUEL at the Allianz Arena*

There is a feeling here that the new coach has tinkered too much with the winning formula of Jupp Heynckes. It was hard to refute that a decisive element of Munich's play has been lost on last night's evidence.

They had far more venom in this competition last season, as Guardiola's old club, Barcelona, will testify.

It was a continuation of the lesson of the week, right down to a mournful rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone at the end. There are many ways to win a football match, and beauty isn't all.

Madrid won here with brilliant set piece headers, ferocious pace on the counter attack and a cheeky free-kick to finish with a flourish.

Sergio Ramos scored twice within 20 minutes; Cristiano Ronaldo broke the tournament scoring record with his 15th goal of the campaign, and then added another to it.

He celebrated that first goal with an extravagant mime of the magic number, palms outstretched, fingers splayed: ten, then five, he told his team-mates, ten, then five. He looked so happy.

The big, red bowl, by contrast, has never been quieter. 'Munich will be on fire,' predicted Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. It was, but not in a way any local would have imagined. It was blazing like a sacked citadel, falling down around Bavaria's ears.

article-2616240-1D74B0E400000578-978_634x424.jpg

So happy: Ronaldo mimes the number 15 with his fingers after breaking the tournament scoring record

article-2616240-1D74A81900000578-484_634x426.jpg

Trouble ahead? Bayern wideman Franck Ribery (left) appeared to slap Daniel Carvajal in the face

article-2616240-1D74A7FF00000578-152_634x430.jpg

Unnoticed: The referee failed to see Ribery raising his hand to Carvajal in the build-up to a Bayern corner

article-0-1D74811C00000578-501_634x452.jpg

Huge blow: Bayern Munich players look dejected after going behind to Real Madrid in the second leg

article-2616240-1D74BB0000000578-744_634x437.jpg

Skills: Ribery gets the better of Bale during Tuesday's Champions League semi-final

It was not just that Madrid were 3-0 ahead within 35 minutes, it was that Munich were flattered by this margin. They did not offer a first-half chance of note and could have conceded more.

From the start Madrid looked livelier on the break and Munich lacked penetration. The first game displayed similar qualities. Munich saw a lot of the ball but mustered few chances. Madrid had to be patient but struck back with greater purpose.

In the ninth minute when Neuer dashed from his line in his surrogate sweeper role and headed the ball straight to Gareth Bale, the standard was set.

Bale made a hash of the opportunity, sending a long range shot well over, when a little chip might have humiliated the German goalkeeper, but Madrid's confidence going forward was obvious. From their next attack, they scored.

Dante conceded a corner after another break and Luka Modric planted it straight on the head of centre-half Ramos. He would have been rated more likely to get a booking and a Final ban than a goal but he took it magnificently. Does Guardiola spend much time working on defensive set pieces? Not by the looks of it. Within four minutes another had found the back of the net and Bayern's race was as good as run.

Bale won the free-kick, which was curled in exquisitely by Angel Di Maria. Pepe threw himself at the ball, may have got a touch, but Ramos most certainly did, muscling in front of a gathering of red shirts to steer a stooping header past Neuer. Munich have rarely looked more vulnerable.

And so it continued. Bayern pressed, gingerly, Real countered forcefully. Every Madrid attack had the look of a goal. They were faster, more direct, a front three that terrorised Bayern with their pace.

article-2616240-1D74F12900000578-547_634x398.jpg

article-0-1D7493B400000578-8_634x441.jpg

Flying high: Bayern defender Jerome Boateng jumps in the air to evade a sliding challenge from Ronaldo

article-2616240-1D74BA5700000578-617_634x428.jpg

Clean tackle: Bayern Munich wideman Arjen Robben is dispossessed by Real left back Fabio Coentrao

Franck Ribery, who thought he should have been the world footballer of the year ahead of the mighty Ronaldo, may as well have been selling wieners in the stand. He was removed with 19 minutes remaining, perhaps to do just that.

In the 27th minute, Xabi Alonso cleared to Ronaldo whose break confounded Bayern again, finishing with a low shot steered just wide. The next invasion of Bayern's half proved more decisive.

A move broke down and was cleared to Karim Benzema. He switched the ball inside to Bale and the Welshman was away, outstripping the chasing defenders like Usain Bolt in a field of 800 metre runners. He could have tried the big finish with his right foot, instead he saw Ronaldo better positioned on his inside. He squared the pass and his team-mate did the rest. It was a new Champions League record, breaking one set by Lionel Messi.

A double joy for Ronaldo, whose frosty relationship with his rival is well-known. He now has the final to close in on Raul's 71 goals in this competition, too. At that moment he had 65.
<center></center>
article-2616240-1D74B54800000578-75_634x470.jpg

Strength: Ronaldo chases a forward ball as he holds off Bayern defender Jerome Boateng

article-2616240-1D74BF3F00000578-666_634x474.jpg

Rapid: Bale gets the better of Bayern Munich's Spanish midfielder Javi Martinez down the wing

Nearly 66, actually. Just three minutes later another woeful clearance from the rattled Neuer found Ronaldo on the left. He struck the ball on the half volley, like Bale, but made a better job of it and the ball bounced just over the bar with Neuer stranded and unable to recover.

Could Ronaldo be denied, though? Of course not. In the final minute of normal time, he went on a run across the perimeter of the Bayern penalty area, and was tripped. He lined up his free-kick in standard fashion, delayed it just long enough for the wall to jump and struck it smartly beneath them for the simplest goal. Neuer did not even dive. No point. Like Guardiola, like Bayern, he had been completely outwitted.

Of course, no European final is complete without a smattering of heartbreak and it came in the 38th minute. Alonso charged in from the side on Bastian Schweinsteiger, needlessly, considering the state of the game and the massed ranks behind him, and Portugese referee Pedro Proenca had little option but to book him. He will miss the final. It is a terrible pity for Alonso, a huge blow for Madrid considering his importance to their defensive midfield guard, and a fillip for their opponents - maybe Chelsea.

article-2616240-1D74A02000000578-125_634x478.jpg

Bossing it: Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti celebrates his side's third goal on the touchline

article-2616240-1D74B39500000578-393_634x433.jpg

Bad day at the office: Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola watches on as his side are beaten by Real Madrid

Jose Mourinho would relish getting one over on his former club, no doubt, but one imagines would have great sympathy for Alonso, a key figure during his time there. He has Real's city rivals to deal with first.

So, once again, the Champions League will not be retained. Real Madrid had never won in Munich in ten visits - and had only so much as drawn one of those games - but this tournament's ability to bewilder continues in its modern format. No team has won back to back European titles since the Champions League began in earnest and if Munich cannot, who will?

What a fascinating competition this is. According to Bayern Munich, only one country in the world was not televising this game. North Korea, the Dear Leader - you don't know what you missed.
<center></center>
article-0-1D74AA3D00000578-769_634x486.jpg

Frustration: Mario Mandzukic is restrained by Ramos as an injured Di Maria holds his face on the ground

article-2616240-1D74BDDA00000578-836_634x419.jpg

Aerial duel: Robben climbs highest to head the ball on and gets the better of Ronaldo in the air

article-2616240-1D74EDBD00000578-198_634x436.jpg

Celebrations: Sami Khedira (left), Ronaldo and Modric acknowledge the travelling Real Madrid faithful

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="//cdn.playwire.com/bolt/js/embed.min.js" data-width="undefined" data-height="undefined" data-config="http://cdn.playwire.com/v2/14907/config/830110.json" data-publisher-id="14907" data-video-id="830110"></script>

(Double click on the video to watch it in fullscreen)

Bayern Munich 0 - 4 Real Madrid
All Goals & Full Highlights 29.04.2014

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Alonso hits out after suspension denies him place in CL final

397521_heroa.jpg

By Miles Chambers
Apr 29, 2014 8:47:08 PM

The midfielder was punished for a clumsy challenge on Bastian Schweinsteiger with a booking, which rules him out of the showpiece clash in May

Xabi Alonso has expressed his disappointment at the rule which will see him miss next month’s Champions League final.

The Real Madrid midfielder was booked for a needless 38th-minute lunge on Bayern Munich’s Bastian Schweinsteiger in Tuesday night’s clash at Allianz Arena and will now be suspended for the meeting with either Atletico Madrid or Chelsea in Lisbon.

It was the only blemish on an otherwise perfect night for Carlo Ancelotti’s side, for whom Sergio Ramos and Cristiano Ronaldo each scored twice in a 4-0 win which completed a 5-0 aggregate triumph.

“Personally it’s a big blow for me,” the former Real Sociedad and Liverpool man admitted to ITV.

Describing the incident with Schweinsteiger, he added: “I was on the ground and I saw the ref holding the yellow card.

“The rule is not fair at all. You play for 13 games and get three yellow cards and somehow…

“It will have to be changed, although now is not the time to discuss it.”

The suspension will rob Alonso of a third Champions League final appearance after playing for Liverpool in 2005 and 2007, both times against AC Milan.