• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Serie A Season 2014-15 ║

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Del Piero: I am not retiring yet

440534_heroa.jpg

Aug 4, 2014 08:51:00

The 39-year-old has no plans to hang up his boots just yet as he is determined to extend his playing career by at least one more year

Former Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero has insisted that he is not planning to retire from professional football just yet.

The veteran attacker's most recent competitive game was his final appearance for Sydney against Melbourne Victory in April, but he is back in Australia to skipper the A-League All Stars against Juventus at ANZ Stadium.

With little word on his playing future in the past few months it was thought the match against his former club could be the swansong to his career, but Del Piero has quashed talk of retirement and wants one more season.

"I don't think so," Del Piero told reporters when asked if this could be his last game.

"It could be my last game in Australia, but my plan is to play on. Now I have to choose what is the best for me with the opportunities I have but I want to play on.

"There's nothing concrete, that's why I can't tell you no more at the moment

"I have been following my passion since I was 19-years-old and I always follow my passion. But I think I'm in good shape to play on again to play for one more year and this is my plan.

"At the end of the day it's not an easy moment for me to understand what is best to do because I have more options coming for outside the pitch rather than on the pitch.

"After this game I will sit with my family, my manger everyone and I will decide what is the best for me and I hope, play on."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Scudetto not as easy as people think, insists De Rossi

424489_heroa.jpg

Aug 3, 2014 12:31:00

The midfielder does not believe champions Juventus will be significantly weaker without Antonio Conte and has pointed to the strengths of Inter, Lazio and Fiorentina

Roma vice-captain Daniele De Rossi feels the expectations on his side ahead of the new Serie A season are excessive.

Rudi Garcia's men finished second in the Italian top flight last term in the Frenchman's maiden year in charge at the Stadio Olimpico.

Despite going 17 league games unbeaten at the start of the season, Roma finished 17 points behind Juventus as the Turin club won their third consecutive title.

However, the departure of Antonio Conte from the Juve dugout has led many to question their title credentials for this year, while Roma have recruited extensively to sign the likes of Ashley Cole, Davide Astori and Juan Iturbe.

But, speaking after a 2-0 loss to Inter in the International Champions Cup in Philadelphia on Saturday, De Rossi still believes it will be a difficult ask for Roma to win their first Scudetto since the 2000-01 season.

"This year for the first time I will say we have to target the Scudetto, but targeting is not the same as achieving and it's not as easy as people think," De Rossi told Roma Channel.

"From what I hear people seem to say Inter are weak and Juve without Conte are an amateur team.

"On top of that, Romanisti [Roma fans] might make fun of Lazio, but they have constructed a good squad, while Fiorentina recovered two important players like Giuseppe Rossi and Mario Gomez.

"Our objective is the Scudetto, but it won't be easy."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Michu: I joined Napoli for Benitez and Champions League football

438519_heroa.jpg

By Joe Wright
Aug 5, 2014 19:55:00

The 28-year-old admits he couldn't wait any longer to play in Europe's premier competition after completing his loan move from Swansea

Michu says the lure of Champions League football and the chance to play under Rafa Benitez were the biggest factors behind his decision to leave Swansea for Napoli.

The Spaniard joined the Serie A side last month on a season-long loan deal with the option to make the move permanent next summer.

Michu, who spent two seasons with Swansea in the Premier League, says he could not afford to wait any longer for the chance to play in Europe's top competition after being sold on the Napoli project by Benitez.

"I think it's a major leap in my career to play in the Champions League for the first time, for one of the most important clubs in Italy in front of a beautiful crowd," he told the South Wales Evening Post.

"I'm 28 and I've never had this opportunity, I couldn't wait any longer. I also wanted to try a different league and Napoli are one of the greats in Serie A.

"The fans are fantastic and I also have the chance to work with a great coaching staff.

"He [Benitez] spoke to me and explained many things about Napoli. I will do everything possible to heed his advice. The coach is one of the main reasons I joined."

Michu was a revelation in his first season with Swansea, scoring 18 times in 35 league appearances, but the 28-year-old was plagued by injuries last term and started just 15 top-flight games.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'I'm not interested in the future' - Pogba committed to Allegri and Juventus

429525_heroa.jpg

By Joe Wright
Aug 5, 2014 19:28:00

The France midfielder says he is not planning any discussions over a new deal or a transfer and claims he is ready to work "in complete harmony" with his new boss

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has insisted he is not interested in rumours over his future and has stressed he is fully committed to the club.

The France international has been linked with a number of European giants following his exemplary performances for club and country, with Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea among those reportedly considering offers.

Juve director Pavel nedved admitted earlier this summer that the Italian champions would be forced to consider any "high bids" for Pogba or Arturo Vidal and the departure of head coach Antonio Conte has served to increase the rumours over the duo's future.

Pogba, however, has made it clear he is not considering a possible move in the coming weeks.

"I'm not interested in the future. I live in the present. I'm working well on the pitch, I'm not thinking about my contract and I've not scheduled meetings with Allegri and [president Andrea] Agnelli," the Frenchman told reporters.

New head coach Allegri revealed he plans a more attacking role for Pogba in 2014-15 and the 21-year-old admitted he is relishing the prospect of working under the former AC Milan boss.

"Allegri and Conte are both great coaches. I've had a good feeling from the start.

Conte is now gone and now we have Allegri. We met briefly, we talked a little over the weekend and we're ready to work together in complete harmony."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Juve's Isla set for loan move with QPR

Juventus defender Mauricio Isla has completed terms on a season-long loan deal with QPR, with the London club awaiting work-permit confirmation.

159180929.jpg

Wednesday 6th August 2014

The 26-year-old Chilean should see his QPR move confirmed once the club receive official endorsement on the transfer from the Football Association.

Manager Harry Redknapp has secured Isla's services on a one-year loan with a view to a permanent transfer, Press Association Sport understands.

The 47-cap Chile defender has completed his medical at Loftus Road and tweeted news of his move on Tuesday morning, before later removing the post.

Redknapp's fourth summer signing should be officially ratified just a day after QPR paid a fee believed to reach £6million to prise Jordon Mutch away from Cardiff City.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A - Three clubs chasing Juventus's Pepe

Simone Pepe’s four-year spell at Juventus could be coming to an end, with three Serie A sides enquiring after his services.

By Toby Keel Wednesday 6th August 2014 Eurosport

1152792-18261155-2560-1440.jpg

2013, Simone Pepe, Juventus, AP/LaPresse

The 30-year-old signed for the Bianconeri from Udinese in 2010, but has failed to make an impression in recent seasons, with the Old Lady bolstering their attack on several occasions.

The forward has previously insisted that he wants to fight for a place in Massimiliano Allegri’s XI, but Tuttosport claim that a deal could be struck for his departure.

Sampdoria, Atalanta and Cesena are all keen on his signature and will have talks with the Turin outfit before the end of the month.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Official: Osvaldo joins Inter as Taider moves to Southampton

375732_heroa.jpg

Aug 6, 2014 16:34:00

The Italy international will spend next term back in Serie A after his stint with Juventus earlier this year, with the Algeria international set for the Premier League

Inter have completed the signing of Pablo Daniel Osvaldo from Southampton, with Saphir Taider moving to the Premier League on a season-long loan.

rsrpDkr.jpg

Osvaldo, who spent the latter half of last season with Juventus, has long been expected to join Walter Mazzarri's side as the Nerazzurri look to bolster their attacking options.

The Italy international has now sealed a switch to San Siro for the 2014-15 campaign, with the club retaining the option to make the move permanent in future.

Taider, meanwhile, becomes Southampton's fourth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Ryan Bertrand, Graziano Pelle and Dusan Tadic as Ronald Koeman continues to rebuild his squad in the wake of a number of sales.

Calum Chambers, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana have all left the club this summer but Koeman is pressing ahead with reshaping his squad, with Taider joining on the back of a successful World Cup with Algeria.

"It's part of our philosophy for the club to bring in talented young players who like to learn and develop themselves, and that's true of Saphir," Koeman told the club's official website. "First of all, he is a talented football player. He's 22 and has already played for Algeria at the World Cup.

"I've spoken to him about the positions he can play in, and it was a good meeting because he showed me real ambition."

lz09Ldk.jpg

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Osvaldo: It’s an honour to play for Inter

442668_heroa.jpg

By Matt Jones
Aug 7, 2014 16:41:00

The new arrival at San Siro has already spoken of his desire to make his loan move from the Saints permanent and can’t wait to get started under Walter Mazzarri

Daniel Osvaldo has described joining Internazionale as an ‘honour’ following his season-long loan move from Southampton.

After returning to Italy as part of a deal that included Saphir Taider going the other way, the former Roma and Fiorentina forward explained his eagerness to play regular football again after failing to settle at St Mary's and an unsuccessful loan spell at Juventus during the second half of last season.

"It's an honour, I'm very happy, I can't wait to start again,” Osvaldo told reporters at his official unveiling as an Inter player on Thursday.

"I’m so hungry, the last year has been particularly hard, I really want to go back to my usual standard."

Inter could make Osvaldo a permanent member of the Nerazzurri squad next season for a reported €7 million fee but the Italian does not see this alleged valuation as a sign of decline following his €19m transfer to Southampton last summer.

The Argentina-born striker added: "I do not see this as a negative depreciation. If I do well I'll have a chance to stay at Inter for many years.

"[Last season] I do not know what happened, I have not adapted to English football. Then I moved mid-season and I have not had continuity rightly so because of Tevez and Llorente.

"I do not look back, I look forward and think to hit the targets with Inter."

The 28-year-old also spoke of his excitement at working under Walter Mazzarri and possibly playing alongside Mauro Icardi.

"Mazzarri and I will talk in the coming days. But it is a pleasure to be trained by those who wanted me in the past," said Osvaldo.

"[Icardi] is a player with extraordinary qualities, I really like him. Having never played together I cannot say whether we can play together, we'll see."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Official: Milan's Robinho joins Santos on loan

402659_heroa.jpg

Aug 7, 2014 16:50:00

The former Brazil international has returned to Vila Belmiro after being deemed surplus to requirements at San Siro by new coach Pippo Inzaghi

Santos have confirmed a loan deal for AC Milan winger Robinho until June 30, 2015, ending months of speculation over his future.

The former Brazil international made 23 appearances in Serie A last season but was deemed surplus to requirements by new coach Pippo Inzaghi.

Consequently, after protracted negotiations over a return to Vila Belmiro, Robinho has now been cleared to rejoin the club at which he started his career.

"Santos is my home," he told the Brazil club's official website. "It's a place in which I feel really good. I hope to repay all of the fans' affection on the field."

Robinho joined the Rossoneri from Manchester City on a four-year deal in the summer of 2010 for a reported €18 million transfer fee.

Despite an impressive debut season at San Siro, in which he scored 14 Serie A goals, he struggled for both form and fitness in the following campaigns and it came as a surprise when he signed a contract extension last summer binding him to the Rossoneri until 2016.

However, Robinho has been linked with a return to Santos all summer long and the 30-year-old attacker has finally put pen to paper on a one-year loan agreement with the Brazilian outfit.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We want Vidal to stay at Juventus, says Allegri

440121_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Aug 8, 2014 09:36:00

The midfielder recently returned to Juve after his holiday and the Serie A champions are hopeful he will not leave the club

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has reiterated that the Serie A champions are keen to hold on to Arturo Vidal amid ongoing reports linking him with Manchester United.

The 27-year-old, who underwent knee surgery before the World Cup and struggled with fitness issued during the tournament in Brazil, has been heavily linked to a move to Old Trafford throughout the summer.

Vidal recently returned from his holiday and Allegri is pleased with the versatile midfielder's physical condition, insisting he is confident the Chile international will soon be fully match fit again.

"I have spoken with Vidal, mainly about his physical condition," Allegri told reporters.

"Things went well. It would be great if he were to stay at Juventus.

"He is running since yesterday, but we will evaluate day by day his condition and when it is best for him to start playing again.

"I am confident that he will be in perfect shape within a week or so."

Vidal's contract with Juventus runs until June 2017.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

AC Milan reveal Lopez agreement

442231_heroa.jpg

By Vaishali Bhardwaj
Aug 9, 2014 11:51:00

The Real Madrid goalkeeper is poised to finalise a free transfer to the San Siro outfit in the coming days

Real Madrid goalkeeper Diego Lopez is set to join AC Milan after agreeing personal terms with the club.

The Twitter account of Milan's official television channel revealed the news with a message welcoming the keeper on Saturday morning.

The Serie A side's CEO and vice-president, Adriano Galliani, also confirmed the news to fans on Saturday.

"Diego Lopez to Milan is a done deal at 99%," he is quoted as saying by Italian publication Gazetta dello Sport.

Lopez is expected to undergo a medical on Monday before signing a four-year contract with the San Siro outfit in a deal that will see the 32-year-old earn about €2.5million per season.

The transfer comes just days after the Spaniard - who was also being tracked by Napoli and Liverpool - reportedly told Real directors that he believed he was the best goalkeeper currently at the club.

Lopez arrived at Real midway through the 2012/13 season from Sevilla after being signed by the side's former coach, Jose Mourinho, when first-choice keeper Iker Casillas suffered an injury.

The 32-year-old held onto his place in between the posts for for the rest of the campaign, despite Casillas recovering from his injury, before Lopez shared the responsibilities with the club captain last season.

Lopez then rejected a move to Ligue 1 outfit Monaco last summer to stay in Madrid and fight for his place but, following the arrival of Costa Rica star Keylor Navas from Levante this summer, Lopez has been forced to move on.

Lopez came up through Madrid's youth system but joined Villarreal in 2007 - where he was named the best new goalkeeper one year later - before moving to Sevilla in 2012.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Del Piero: I could return to Juventus - but not as a player

443135_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 10, 2014 07:22:00

The Bianconeri icon left the Turin club in 2012 to move to Sydney FC but he has admitted that he would be interested in taking up an off-field role with the Old Lady one day

Alessandro Del Piero has revealed that he could return to Juventus - but not as a player.

The former Italy international is currently considering his future after deciding to part company with Sydney FC, the A-League outfit he joined his beloved Bianconeri from in 2012.

Del Piero, who remains Juve's record appearance-maker and goalscorer, has been linked with a romantic reunion with the Old Lady but while the 39-year-old says he could yet return to Turin, he will never again don Juve's No.10 jersey.

"[Going back to Juventus] represents one of the options for my future [after retirement]," Del Piero told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I never say never. It depends on how things go.

"Turin is my home. I am so bound to 'Planet Juve', but this is the future.

"I must think about the present. Everything will be decised inside two weeks."

Indeed, Del Piero revealed that he is currently mulling over offers from MLS and the J-League.

"America and Japan are two concrete and valid ideas," the playmaker explained. "In order to decide, I must think about many things.

"First of all, Tobias [his son] starts school next year, so he needs stability.

"Then, there are the leagues that start in the summmer, others in October and some in January."

For now, though, Del Piero is looking forward to lining up against his former club as part of the A-League All-Stars side selected to face Juventus in a friendly on Sunday.

"I'm trying to imagine my excitement, but I still can't," the World Cup winner admitted. "It's strange being on the other side [to Juve].

"But it is also something that makes little sense, as my life is not that of three years ago.

"The fact that it is a friendly help, because there will be no tension."

Del Piero spent 19 years with Juventus, scoring 290 goals in 705 appearances for the Serie A side.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Galliani: Diego Lopez is Europe's top goalkeeper

443200_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 10, 2014 07:59:00

The Spanish shot-stopper has been deemed surplus to requirements at Real Madrid and the 32-year-old is now poised to complete a move to San Siro on Monday

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has hailed imminent arrival Diego Lopez as "the strongest goalkeeper in Europe".

The Rossoneri have agreed a deal with Real Madrid for the 32-year-old, who has been relegated to third-choice at the Santiago Bernabeu, behind club captain Iker Casillas and new signing Keylor Navas.

Lopez has been left enraged by his demotion, having been coach Carlo Ancelotti's preferred No.1 in La Liga last season, and will seal a switch to San Siro on Monday.

Consequently, while the former Sevilla shot-stopper has been deemed surplus to requirements in the Spanish capital, Galliani believes that Milan have pulled off a major coup.

"He's the strongest goalkeeper in Europe," the Rossoneri CEO is quoted as saying by the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Lopez, who displaced Casillas as Madrid's first-choice goalkeeper under former Blancos boss Jose Mourinho, is set to sign a four-year contract with Milan.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A - Milan offer QPR £3m for Taarabt

Milan will meet Adel Taarabt’s agent on Tuesday and offer £3m to QPR plus add-ons, according to reports.

Football Italia
Aug 11, 2014

1292560-27844064-2560-1440.jpg

del Taarabt controls the ball (Reuters)

The Morocco international spent the last six months of the 2013-14 season on loan at San Siro, but the club did not take up its option to buy.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Milan CEO Adriano Galliani will meet with agent Kia Joorabchian on Tuesday.

The offer to QPR is believed to be worth £3m with a percentage of any future sale owed to the English club.

Taarabt has only one year left on his contract.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tavecchio elected as Italian federation president amid racism row

Carlo Tavecchio was elected as the new president of the Italian football federation (FIGC) on Monday despite causing an outcry last month when he referred to African players as "banana eaters."

Reuters
Aug 11, 2014

1292968-27852224-2560-1440.jpg

Carlo Tavecchio arrives at the national elective assembly in Rome August 11, 2014. Tavecchio was elected as the president of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) on Monday (Reuters)

The 71-year-old, head of the Italian Amateur Leagues' Association (LDN), won 63.63 percent of the 278 votes while his opponent, former Italy and AC Milan midfielder Demetrio Albertini, won 33.93 percent, the FIGC said.

"I will be everyone's president," he said after being chosen.

Tavecchio sparked a race row when he was making a speech about a lack of opportunities for Italian players at professional clubs.

He referred to a fictitious player he named Opti Poba, "who previously ate bananas and then suddenly becomes a first team player with Lazio."

Jeffrey Webb, head of FIFA's racism task force, said "the football community is appalled by the recent racist comments made by Carlo Tavecchio".

Piara Power, executive director of Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE), added: "To have someone who has said the sort of things that he's said, said them in the way he's said them, to become a president of one of the top five footballing countries in Europe really is going to be quite a big shock".

Albertini won the votes of the players' and coaches' associations, plus a number of Serie A clubs, while Tavecchio retained the support of the Lega Pro, representing the third and fourth division clubs, and his own LDN who between them hold more than 50 percent of the votes.

"I wanted to be an alternative but we have revisited the corporatism of the leagues," Albertini told reporters. "It's always a difficult block to disrupt."

Tavecchio replaces Giancarlo Abete who resigned as FIGC president following Italy's group-stage exit at the 2014 World Cup.

One of his first jobs will be to appoint a replacement for former Italy coach Cesare Prandelli who also quit after his side went out of the World Cup.

Antonio Conte, who led Juventus to three successive Serie A titles before resigning last month, is the favourite followed by former Manchester City and Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chelsea outcast Marin set for Fiorentina move

358675_heroa.jpg

By Peter Hanson
Aug 11, 2014 11:46:00

The Germany international, who spent last season on loan at Sevilla, is again seeking regular first-team football having been deemed surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea winger Marko Marin is undergoing a medical ahead of a proposed move to Fiorentina.

Reports suggest the Germany international will pen an initial loan deal at Stadio Artemio Franchi, having failed to gain regular first-team action at Stamford Bridge.

"Pending official confirmation [of the transfer], Marin is undergoing a medical," read a post on Fiorentina's official Twitter profile.

Marin signed a five-year contract at Chelsea in 2012 but has made under 20 appearances for the Blues since making his initial move from Werder Bremen.

He spent the 2013-14 campaign on loan at Sevilla, winning the Europa League, and it now appears that the 20-year-old will link up with Vincenzo Montella's side.

Marin made 18 appearances in Spain's top flight last season, but missed part of the campaign with a thigh complaint.

zw4GUSL.jpg

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Galliani defends Tavecchio

399952_heroa.jpg

Aug 12, 2014 18:46:00

The new FIGC president has come under a lot of criticism for racist and sexist comments but the AC Milan chief has leapt to his defence

AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani defended the appointment of Carlo Tavecchio as president of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC).

Tavecchio was elected into the role after claiming 63.63 per cent of the votes on Monday, beating former Italy and Milan midfielder Demetrio Albertini to the job.

The 71-year-old has been at the centre of a race storm in the build-up to the elections, after an alleged slur made at a meeting of Italy's amateur leagues last month.

Tavecchio allegedly made reference to "banana eaters" in response to the influx of foreign players in Serie A, a remark which provoked widespread criticism.

Patrick Vieira, who played in the Italian top flight with Milan, Inter and Juventus during his career, publicly voiced his disapproval on Tuesday, but Galliani has endorsed the appointment.

"Apparently 16 out of 20 clubs have voted for Carlo Tavecchio, a huge amount," he said.

"It was a wrong sentence [to say]. We can't endlessly criticise it. Of course it was wrong, but it was only a passing remark.

"There's no image problem at all, the image is of no importance. It's more important to do what we have to. It is this image that will count in the future."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pjanic: I rejected offers to stay with Garcia

386219_heroa.jpg

By Joe Wright
Aug 12, 2014 21:09:00

The midfielder says he chose to extend his spell in the Italian capital in order to win the Scudetto under a coach he feels shares his idea of good football

Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic claims he rejected offers from other clubs in order to continue to work with coach Rudi Garcia.

The Bosnia-Herzegovina international has established himself as one of Europe's brightest attacking midfielders with the Giallorossi and was reportedly a prime transfer target for Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain this summer.

Pjanic, however, signed a new and improved contract at the Stadio Olimpico earlier this summer and has now claimed his eagerness to achieve success under Garcia prompted him to spurn advances from potential suitors.

"I've received many offers but I decided to stay with Roma because I want to win the Scudetto," the 24-year-old told Sport.ba.

"And because of Rudi Garcia, with whom I have an excellent relationship and who shares my ideas on football."

Pjanic joined Roma from Olympique Lyonnais in the summer of 2011.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Diego Lopez & Armero undergo AC Milan medicals

443189_heroa.jpg

By Kris Voakes
Aug 12, 2014 12:04:00

The pair will complete their proposed moves to the Giuseppe Meazza if they are given the all-clear by doctors at the Clinica La Madonnina on Tuesday

Diego Lopez and Pablo Armero have arrived in Lombardy for medical tests ahead of their anticipated transfers to AC Milan.

Pictures of the pair undergoing screenings at the Clinica La Madonnina were posted on the club’s website on Tuesday morning, with an official announcement regarding the completion of their moves expected to come later in the day.

Real Madrid goalkeeper Lopez landed in Italy on Monday evening following a series of meetings with Rossoneri CEO Adriano Galliani in Spain and the former Sevilla shot-stopper will sign a four-year contract with the Italian outfit after the two clubs agreed upon a €10 million transfer fee.

Meanwhile, Colombian wide man Armero will move to Milan from Serie A rivals Napoli on a season-long loan.

The duo will join fellow new signings Michael Agazzi, Adil Rami, Alex and Jeremy Menez as part of new coach Filippo Inzaghi’s charges ahead of the Rossoneri's first league outing of the new season, against Lazio at San Siro on August 31.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Inter complete Medel deal

gary-medel.jpg

By Enis Koylu
Aug 13, 2014 11:41:00

Lega Serie A have confirmed that the Chilean has finally completed his move to San Siro, having been training with his new team-mates for the past few days

Inter have completed the long-awaited signing of Chile international midfielder Gary Medel from Cardiff City for a fee believed to be in the region of €11.5 million.

The 27-year-old spent just one year with the Welsh side after signing from Sevilla for a fee of €13.5m, the club suffering relegation during his sole campaign there.

After playing a key role in his country's impressive World Cup campaign this summer, Medel has been consistently linked with a move to San Siro.

He has been training with the Serie A side for the past few days, linking up with them during pre-season and Lega Serie A have now confirmed that he has completed his move to the Nerazzurri.

"In pre-season, I have not worked a lot because of a leg injury," he said upon his arrival at training.

"But I am hoping to be ready in time for the start of the new season. I'm glad to be here. Forze Inter!"

Medel, a veteran of 61 international appearances, began his career with Universidad Catolica in his hometown of Santiago, before winning a move to Boca Juniors in 2009.

He spent two years in Buenos Aires before winning his first move to Europe, spending another two campaigns in Andalusia before his move to the Premier League.