• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2014-15 ║

Blaszczykowski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Paderborn ready for blockbuster Schalke clash

15 May 2015

844806header.jpg

Andre Breitenreiter hopes to take full advantage of a turbulent week at Schalke as second-bottom Paderborn face Roberto Di Matteo's men this weekend searching for a Bundesliga lifeline.

Out-of-sorts Schalke, with one win in their last eight games, suspended attacking midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng and forward Sidney Sam indefinitely on Monday to increase the pressure on Di Matteo.

Paderborn head to the Veltins-Arena on Saturday for the penultimate game of the season, languishing in the automatic relegation places on goal difference alone, with just four points separating the bottom six teams.

"We're well prepared for the final part of the season," insisted Paderborn coach Breitenreiter.

"We're focused and concentrating on ourselves. We're aware of the unrest at Schalke, but that doesn't concern us.

"The atmosphere has been excellent. We certainly haven't given up hope."

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gotze future not up for discussion - Guardiola

15 May 2015

844816header.jpg

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has rejected suggestions that Germany star Mario Gotze could be on his way out of the club.

Gotze was criticised by Franz Beckenbauer for his recent form, but Guardiola re-stated his defence of the midfielder's performances and insisted he was not headed for the Allianz Arena exit door.

Guardiola said: "He helped us a lot. He's a young player with a lot of talent. It is my decision that he hasn't played much in recent games. I am very happy with his attitude. There is no discussion as to whether he stays or not."

Bayern have won only two of their last six games in all competitions, prompting criticism of a weak finish to the season after wrapping up the Bundesliga title.

But as he prepared for a difficult trip to relegation-threatened Freiburg this weekend, Guardiola rebuffed suggestions of a disappointing campaign, saying: "Many big teams have not won any titles.

"We have been outstanding this season. If you lose in the semi-finals [of the UEFA Champions League] against Barcelona, you have not done much wrong."

He added: "We have to learn from it.

"There is always tomorrow, and we have new opportunities and a new chance in the Champions League next year."

Despite Freiburg sitting 14 places below Bayern in the Bundesliga table, Guardiola insisted his players will not be taking the game lightly.

"We are always serious," he said. "We will rotate a bit, but we want to win the game."

Second-choice goalkeeper Pepe Reina is suspended for the trip to Freiburg and young understudy Ivan Lucic could feature amongst the substitutes, while French winger Franck Ribery is unlikely to recover from an ankle injury in time to feature again this season.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Preview: Stuttgart in danger of drop as Gladbach eye group stage spot

15 May 2015

844897header.jpg

Stuttgart's 38-year stay in the Bundesliga could come to an end on Saturday when they face Hamburg.

Huub Stevens' men have struggled throughout the season but boosted their hopes of avoiding demotion to the 2.Bundesliga with a 2-0 win over Mainz last weekend, which put them within a point of safety in the battle against the drop.

Yet Stuttgart will be relegated with a home defeat to Hamburg - themselves just a point clear of the drop zone - and wins for two of Paderborn, Hannover and Freiburg.

That trio, who are a point above bottom club Stuttgart, all face tough encounters. Freiburg host champions Bayern Munich and Hannover and Paderborn visit UEFA Europa League chasers Augsburg and Schalke.

Schalke welcome Paderborn to the Veltins Arena at the end of a tumultuous week that has seen them indefinitely suspend Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sidney Sam and ban Marco Hoger for a week following a 2-0 loss to Cologne.

Roberto Di Matteo's Schalke hold the final UEFA Europa League qualification spot, but are just two points ahead of rivals Borussia Dortmund and Werder Bremen with two games to go.

Dortmund visit second-placed Wolfsburg, while Bremen take on a Borussia Monchengladbach side five points ahead of Bayer Leverkusen in the race for the final UEFA Champions League group stage qualification place.

Gladbach midfielder Andre Hahn told the club's official website: "We know the dream is within touching distance. But we still need one more win.

"We still need one more good game, then we can look forward to the Champions League hymn in Borussia Park next season.

"What a story that is. This season has been a bit of a shock until now and we can be proud that we have performed so well so far.

"We're certainly not expecting an easy game. Werder have been very good this year and despite a tricky start to the season, have established themselves in the top half of the league.

"You have to praise a team for that. I think people can expect an exciting match, as there is a lot at stake for both sides."

Leverkusen will hope to capitalise on any slip-up by Gladbach by winning their final home game of the campaign against Hoffenheim.

Elsewhere, Hertha Berlin - three points above the drop zone - meet Eintracht Frankfurt as they aim to secure their top-tier status and Cologne travel to Mainz.

Harnik

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lewandowski and Boateng clash in Bayern training

20 May 2015

847648header.jpg

Bayern Munich's tepid end to the season took a testing turn on Wednesday as footage emerged of Robert Lewandowski and Jerome Boateng quarrelling in training.

The Bundesliga champions wrapped up a third domestic title in as many seasons with four league games to play, but their season has unravelled since then.

Defeat in five of Bayern's six fixtures since a 1-0 victory over Hertha Berlin led them to the title has resulted in elimination at the semi-final stage of the DFB-Pokal and UEFA Champions League.

That leaves Pep Guardiola unable to even match his achievements of last season, with Wednesday's bust-up at an open training session doing little to soothe the hurt at the Allianz Arena.

Boateng, who also made headlines for a training-ground scrap with Mario Balotelli while at Manchester City, is thought to have sparked the disagreement with Lewandowski with a heavy tackle which the Poland striker took exception too.

Thiago and Bayern captain Philipp Lahm were quickly on the scene in an attempt to diffuse tensions, while Guardiola was quick to order both from the training field.

Harnik

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp will excel at big club - Feulner

21 May 2015

847935header.jpg

Augsburg midfielder Markus Feulner believes outgoing Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp can coach one of Europe's major sides.

Klopp will depart Dortmund at the end of the Bundesliga season after seven years in charge, and Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Real Madrid have emerged as possible destinations.

The charismatic German has also held talks with Turkish giants Fenerbahce, according to reports.

Feulner, who played under Klopp at Mainz and Dortmund, gave his backing to the 47-year-old.

"I don't know the Premier League very well but it is a fact he could go to every top club because he has got the quality to form a successful team in any country - in England, Spain or somewhere else," Feulner said.

"If you have the possibility to sign a coach like him who won the league with a team like Borussia Dortmund other clubs should go for him. I think he could coach every top team in every league.

"I believe Klopp is very interesting for foreign clubs. He was able to get Dortmund into the Champions League in recent years and he knows how to form a team.

"He won the double of the DFB Pokal and Bundesliga and he won the Bundesliga twice as well. As I said, I think a lot of teams in other countries are interested in him.

"If he will get the chance to go abroad he will take it. He definitely has the qualities for it."

Dortmund host Werder Bremen on Saturday, and can secure a spot in Europe next season if they avoid defeat.

A loss would mean Dortmund must win the DFB Pokal final against Wolfsburg on May 30, if they are going to be involved in continental action in 2015-16.

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Zorc expects Hummels to stay

21 May 2015

848000header.jpg

Sporting director Michael Zorc is confident Mats Hummels will remain at Borussia Dortmund next season despite reports linking him with a move to Manchester United.

Hummels had openly revealed he was considering his future at the Bundesliga club after a disappointing season that saw Dortmund fighting at the foot of the table during the first half of the campaign.

Following head coach Jurgen Klopp's announcement that he will leave Dortmund, and with Ilkay Gundogan expected to follow him, speculation suggested Hummels could be another big name to leave.

However, Zorc says there is now a "clear consensus" between Dortmund and the Germany international, who is set to stay on at Signal Iduna Park.

"It was legitimate that Mats was thinking about his future," Zorc told Kicker. "But I always pointed out that we were planning with him [in the team]."

United boss Louis van Gaal has been heavily linked with Hummels – who has struggled with ankle and muscular problems this season – to form part of his new-look defence at Old Trafford.

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Drobny ruled out of Hamburg finale

21 May 2015

jaroslav-drobny-hamburg.jpg

Relegation-threatened Hamburg will be without first-choice goalkeeper Jaroslav Drobny for the final match of the Bundesliga season this weekend.

The Czech has made 23 appearances in another tough campaign for Hamburg, with Bruno Labbadia's side fighting to stay in the division for a second successive season.

With one game remaining they sit in the automatic relegation places, one point behind Stuttgart and two from guaranteed safety.

They host Schalke on Saturday desperately needing points to avoid dropping to the second tier for the first time, but they will be without Drobny.

"A bitter diagnosis before the season finale," the club announced on Thursday. "At yesterday's training Jaroslav Drobny suffered an acromioclavicular injury in a fall.

"This resulted in tests in Hamburg and the keeper will be out for 10 weeks."

The 35-year-old's absence means Rene Adler will likely start in goal, with youngster Alex Brunst-Zollner providing back-up.

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schmidt signs new Leverkusen deal

21 May 2015

05932402-640x360.jpg

Ahead of the final round of Bundesliga fixtures, Bayer Leverkusen have tied coach Roger Schmidt to a new contract that runs until June 2019.

Schmidt was appointed in June of last year following a successful spell at Red Bull Salzburg, where he won a league and cup double in 2013-14.

He has been unable to enjoy the same success in Germany due to the dominance of Bayern Munich, but has ensured a third consecutive top-four finish for Leverkusen.

The former Paderborn coach also led Leverkusen to the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League, losing a dramatic penalty shootout to deposed Spanish champions Atletico Madrid.

Schmidt will look to celebrate his new deal on Saturday's final day when Leverkusen visit Eintracht Frankfurt.

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kramer relishing Leverkusen return

21 May 2015

848087header.jpg

Christoph Kramer is looking forward to his Bayer Leverkusen return next season after a productive campaign with Borussia Monchengladbach.

The midfielder, a World Cup winner with Germany last year, is coming to the end of a two-loan deal at Monchengladbach and has helped the club to a top-three Bundesliga finish this season.

As a result, Monchengladbach will play in the UEFA Champions League group stages in 2015-16, but Kramer will return to fourth-placed Leverkusen, who will enter the qualifying rounds.

Not that it bothers Kramer, who is keen to establish himself as a first-team regular at the BayArena.

"I'm in no doubt that I'll be playing for Leverkusen in the Champions League next year anyway and I'm sure we'll get through the qualifier," Kramer told FIFA's official website.

"I've certainly looked at Leverkusen this year, the system they've used and the players they have, so that I know what's waiting for me.

"I've had some very positive discussions, and after the break, everything starts up for me. That's something I'm really looking forward to.

"But I've had a brilliant time at Gladbach. We've had a lot of success with what is a great team here, and that goes hand in hand with having enjoyed yourself."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp vows to ignore nostalgia at final home game

21 May 2015

jurgenklopp-cropped_ibdql2lvisk01ulo0gryjwfhx.jpg

Jurgen Klopp insists he will not be distracted by nostalgia ahead of his final home game as Borussia Dortmund coach on Saturday.

Klopp, whose exit from Dortmund was confirmed last month, will lead the club at Signal Iduna Park for the final time against Werder Bremen.

A tenure that has seen Klopp win two Bundesliga titles, a DFB-Pokal and reach the UEFA Champions League final will then come to an end when Dortmund face Wolfsburg in the Pokal final next week.

Speaking in his pre-match press-conference, Klopp said: "I don't want to go into the game feeling nostalgic. My concentration is on the match.

"I don't want to imagine, what is going on inside of me when the ref blows the [final] whistle."

Victory for Dortmund will see them secure a place in the UEFA Europa League should Augsburg lose to Borussia Monchengladbach.

The game will also mark a farewell for veteran Sebastian Kehl, who is poised to end his professional career at the end of the season.

Klopp added: "I want one last full-throttle-event at the Westfalenstadion. Getting into the Europa League means everything to me."

Dortmund began the new year in the relegation zone but have since taken 28 points from 16 games to surge up the table.

And Klopp said: "You can't imagine, how thankful I am, not having to witness the wild relegation fight in the Bundesliga from the first hand."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have not spoken to any clubs, insists Klopp

21 May 2015

jurgenklopp-cropped_1659hf6o5zzlq15s899yrfnfpx.jpg

Jurgen Klopp has dismissed rumours of negotiations with Fenerbahce ahead of his final home game as Borussia Dortmund coach.

Klopp will take charge of Dortmund for the final time at Signal Iduna Park against Werder Bremen on Saturday.

His seven-year tenure with Dortmund will then end next week when they face Wolfsburg in the DFB-Pokal final.

Reports in Turkey had indicated that Klopp had travelled to Istanbul to hold talks with Super Lig side Fenerbahce.

But asked about that speculation at his pre-match press conference, Klopp said: "I have not spoken with any club so far. I wasn't in Istanbul."

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Preview: Relegation battle set for dramatic end, Dortmund to farewell Klopp

22 May 2015

848503header.jpg

Six teams are embroiled in a Bundesliga relegation scrap heading into the 38th and final round of the season on Saturday.

Only four points separate 13th-placed Hertha Berlin (35, -15) and cellar-dwelling Paderborn (31, -33), with Freiburg 34, -10), Hannover (34, -17), Stuttgart (33, -19) and Hamburg (32, -27) sandwiched in between.

Stuttgart are third from bottom in the Bundesliga, occupying the relegation play-off spot ahead of their six-pointer at Paderborn.

A run of back-to-back wins against Hamburg and Mainz has former goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand confident of Stuttgart's survival.

"For a long time it looked like VfB [Stuttgart] were almost dead and buried and heading for the second tier," the 36-year-old former Germany international told Sky Sports News.

"At one point it seemed like there was no hope - especially considering the home form.

"But they've bounced back phenomenally and have a created a very reasonable situation going into the final day."

Second-bottom Hamburg and 15th-placed Hannover are both at home on Saturday.

Hamburg, who sit in the second and final automatic relegation position, host high-flying Schalke.

Hannover entertain fellow strugglers Freiburg, with both teams level on points.

Hertha are experiencing a six-match winless streak as they travel to Hoffenheim.

Meanwhile, it is an end of an era as Borussia Dortmund prepare to say goodbye to coach Jurgen Klopp.

Saturday's hosting of fellow European hopefuls Werder Bremen will be Klopp's final league match in charge, with the German boss to vacate his post after seven years at the helm and two Bundesliga titles.

And Klopp could bow out on a high, with Dortmund still gunning for UEFA Europa League qualification.

Dortmund are seventh in the standings, level on points with Werder.

Second spot is still up for grabs on Saturday, with Wolfsburg and Borussia Monchengladbach in action.

Wolfsburg are away to Cologne, sitting two points ahead of Gladbach, who host Augsburg.

Meanwhile, champions Bayern Munich are out to arrest a three-game losing streak when they tackle Mainz.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Borussia Dortmund v Werder Bremen: Klopp looks to sign off with European qualification

21 May 2015

848217header.jpg

Jurgen Klopp will be looking to mark his final Bundesliga game in charge of Borussia Dortmund in style by securing UEFA Europa League qualification against fellow hopefuls Werder Bremen.

The much-loved head coach, who is leaving at the end of the season, will take charge at Signal Iduna Park for the 238th time as he nears the curtain call on his seven-year stay at the club.

Having struggled in the first half of the season, Dortmund have enjoyed a revival in 2015 and a draw on Saturday - when long-serving midfielder Sebastian Kehl will also bid farewell to Signal Iduna Park - would almost certainly be enough to claim seventh.

If Augsburg are beaten at high-flying Borussia Monchengladbach, a Dortmund win would move them into sixth - the lowest they have previously finished under Klopp.

Speaking at his pre-match news conference, Klopp said: "The world won't end if we don't qualify for the Europa League, but it would be much nicer if we do."

Not only would it provide a high note for Klopp and Kehl - who is taking a six-month break from the game after this season, having been with Dortmund since 2002 - to end with on home soil, but it would set them up nicely for the DFB-Pokal final.

Dortmund face Wolfsburg - who beat them 2-1 last weekend - in the Berlin showdown, where Klopp will go in search of his second Pokal success to go alongside his two Bundesliga titles.

The tributes have poured in for Klopp ever since he announced his decision to step down in April, with the 47-year-old proving practically universally popular among his players and contemporaries.

Thomas Tuchel will be in charge when Dortmund return for a new campaign, following Klopp's footsteps from Mainz to the Westphalia.

Werder won the reverse fixture 2-1 in December as goals from Davie Selke and Fin Bartels rendered Mats Hummels' effort a mere consolation.

While the spotlight will fall on Klopp, opposite number Viktor Skrypnyk will be looking to engineer a route into Europe for his own side.

Only one part of the equation rests in Werder's hands, though.

They must beat Dortmund and then hope for a Wolfsburg victory in the Pokal final - or, in the most far-fetched of possible scenarios, triumph on Saturday and make up 13 goals on Augsburg in order to take sixth.

Skrypnyk's men will need to lick their wounds from the 2-0 home loss to Gladbach last time out, which cost them a far more realistic shot at climbing into the automatic Europa League places.

Still it has been a season of improvement for Werder, who finished 12th last season and were beaten twice by Dortmund, including a 5-1 hammering on home soil.

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern Munich v Mainz: Champions out to ring in title with return to form

21 May 2015

848284header.jpg

Bayern Munich will aim to ring in another Bundesliga title triumph by ending a dreadful run of form when they face Mainz in the final game of the season on Saturday.

With Pep Guardiola's men missing out on the DFB-Pokal and UEFA Champions League finals, all that is left for the Bavarians is to celebrate another season of dominance in the league.

The Bundesliga trophy will be awarded to Bayern after the match at the Allianz Arena, but the first priority for Guardiola and his players will be to end the campaign by claiming a first league win in almost a month.

Having tasted defeat in five of their last six games in all competitions, Bayern have been stumbling to the end of the campaign rather than finishing with a flourish.

Indeed, an injury-hit Bayern have been exposed defensively in recent times, with Borussia Dortmund knocking them out of the Pokal on penalties and Barcelona winning 5-3 on aggregate in the Champions League semi-finals.

But, with 10th-placed Mainz also having little to play in the finale, Bayern should be confident of getting back to winning ways in front of what is sure to be a jubilant home crowd.

Mainz are winless in their last six meetings with Bayern and have not tasted victory at the Allianz Arena since a 2-1 win back in September 2010.

However, Mainz coach Martin Schmidt says his side are relishing the challenge of potentially spoiling Bayern's title party.

"The Munich game has always hung like a haze over us," Schmidt told Mainz's official website.

"The TV money [earned from finishing higher in the league] plays no role in the motivation for the players. The challenge, which is purely sporting, will be big enough."

Bayern go into the game with a host of key players on the sidelines. Franck Ribery (ankle), Arjen Robben (calf) and Holger Badstuber (thigh) are all unavailable for the hosts due to long-term injuries.

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina is suspended, while David Alaba - out since March with knee ligament problems - is likely to miss out despite taking part in an extra fitness session earlier this week.

Preparation for the contest has not been ideal with Bayern, with footage emerging of Jerome Boateng and Robert Lewandowski becoming embroiled in a row in training.

Yet Bayern will be hoping the team can put that spat behind them and perform in complete harmony to deliver a display fitting of a celebration of the club's 25th German league title.

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not good enough to win treble every year - Guardiola

22 May 2015

848709header.jpg

Pep Guardiola has admitted he is not capable of delivering the treble for Bayern Munich every year.

Guardiola has come in for criticism in recent times after the Bundesliga champions were knocked out of the DFB-Pokal and UEFA Champions League in the semi-finals.

Bayern will be given the Bundesliga trophy following Saturday's final-day clash with Mainz at the Allianz Arena.

The former Barcelona coach led Bayern to the double last season, but has so far been unable to match the achievement of Jupp Heynckes, who won the treble prior to Guardiola's arrival in 2013.

And in his pre-match media conference ahead of the Mainz game, Guardiola said: "They speak too much here in Germany. They should have more respect for the German champions.

"I've learnt that people talk too much here. My advice [to them] would be to stay calm.

"If Bayern Munich are looking for a manager that has to win the treble each year, then I'm not the one. I'm not good enough."

Subotic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lewandowski: Bayern are a champion team, not a p*** team

robert-lewandowski-yellow-bayern-munich-barcelona-champions-league-12052015_13tcu81tfapiy12se4cesca77x.jpg

By Miles Chambers
May 22, 2015 10:28:00

The striker has responded to recent criticism of the Bavarians and insisted his training ground scuffle with Jerome Boateng was nothing major

Robert Lewandowski has hit back at accusations that Bayern Munich are a "p*** team" by pointing to their dominance of the Bundesliga.

Since being crowned league champions last month, Pep Guardiola's men have lost all four of their domestic matches – against Borussia Dortmund in the DFB-Pokal, and clashes with Bayer Leverkusen, Augsburg and Freiburg.

Saturday's 2-1 loss against Freiburg allowed the relegation-threatened side to leapfrog Hannover in the standings with one game to go, infuriating former striker Dieter Schatzschneider.

The 57-year-old, who now a Hannover scout, branded the Bavarians a “p*** team” and said he'd “axe Pep Guardiola immediately” for failing to motivate his players.

Lewandowski has defended Bayern's record in 2014-15 and thinks Schatzschneider was simply overreacting due to the possibility of being demoted to the second division this weekend.

"Hannover are experiencing a lot of stress right now," he told Bild. "Now they are afraid of relegation, which probably made Schatzschneider mad, it will have been said in the heat of the moment.

"But no, we are not a p*** team, we are a team of champions! I played Freiburg wearing a face mask, Manuel Neuer played with a hip injury – to say we weren't trying is simply an unfair accusation."

The Poland international also addressed his training ground clash with defender Jerome Boateng on Wednesday by insisting it was just a scuffle and there was no lingering bitterness.

"He wanted to win the ball in a tackle, as did I. Then there was a clash shortly after the attempt to win the ball," Lewandowski added. "But it wasn't anything malicious.

"Problems don't solve themselves if you just stay quiet and ignore them. So we said our opinions then five minutes later everything was back to normal with us."

Bayern host Mainz in their final game of 2014-15 on Saturday.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Howedes doubtful for start of next Bundesliga campaign

22 May 2015

848935header.jpg

Schalke defender Benedikt Howedes could miss the start of next season after suffering a "complex ankle injury" during their clash with Paderborn last weekend.

The Germany international was substituted three minutes before the hour in Schalke's 1-0 win, and will not feature in the final match of the season against relegation-threatened Hamburg.

In fact, such is the severity of his ankle problem, the 27-year-old may not be ready in time for the new campaign.

"Benedikt Howedes underwent a series of tests on his left foot during a visit to Germany national team doctor Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt on Friday," Schalke said in a statement.

"Dr. Muller-Wohlfahrt confirmed the Schalke medical department’s previous diagnosis. Howedes suffered an almost full medial collateral ligament tear, a partial rupture of his syndesmosis, a capsule injury, and lastly a bone oedema.

"The world champion will now have to wear a cast for the next two weeks.

"When the 27-year-old can return to training depends on the healing process. However, Howedes will miss the first part of summer pre-season training."

Piszczek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola: Bayern will be stronger next year

1424992_heroa.jpg

By Peter McVitie
May 23, 2015 18:52:00

The club's Bundesliga title celebrations began after a 2-0 win over Mainz and the coach is targeting more silverware next season

Pep Guardiola says his Bayern Munich team will be even stronger next season after they lifted a third consecutive Bundesliga title.

The Bavarian side wrapped the league title in late April, but followed that up with a dismal run of form in which they lost five of their next six games and were eliminated from the DFB-Pokal and Champions League semi-finals.

The title celebrations began officially on Saturday, though, after they ended the campaign on a high with a 2-0 win over Mainz.

bayern-de-munique-23052015_ihg6p760tqin1dsdwh9dk89sn.jpg

CHAMPIONS | Bayern lift the title for a third time in a row

Guardiola was happy with his players after picking up his second league title since taking over from Jupp Heynckes, but says they must improve next year.

"I must congratulate the team, my staff and our fans," he said after the game. "They gave us great support, especially against Barcelona.

"Next season we will come back stronger. I'm hoping to build the best possible squad."

1424852.jpg

CAPTAIN | Philipp Lahm lifts holds the trophy

Bastian Schweinsteiger scored on his 500th appearance for Bayern in the victory and the midfielder says he is delighted with the campaign overall.

"We had a very good season. We have won the title for the third year in a row, which is not easy," he said.

"In the Champions League semi-final, we lost it in the first leg in Barcelona in the last 10 minutes, otherwise we might have reached the final.

"We were getting close to two finals with that and the DFB-Pokal. If you look at the whole season, we have done very well."

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp bids farewell to Dortmund fans

jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-werder-bremen_1pp33f71bl0yf104o8trv3rn4v.jpg

By Peter McVitie
May 23, 2015 18:14:49

After his final home game in charge of the club, the coach said his goodbyes to the fans, thanking them for their support throughout his tenure

Jurgen Klopp waved goodbye to the Borussia Dortmund fans after his final Bundesliga game in charge of the club.

The coach will end a seven-year spell with BVB at the end of the season, with the upcoming DFB-Pokal final against Wolfsburg his last match at the helm.

Klopp, who won two Bundesliga titles and took the team to a Champions League final during his tenure, saw his side beat Werder Bremen 3-2 at Signal Iduna Park on Saturday to ensure they will play in the Europa League next season.

And the coach waved goodbye to the club's fans after the game, saying that the iconic stadium had become home to him.

"Our seven years of being together ends next week," he said to the supporters. "We are together for the last time in this stadium, which has become my home.

"I enjoyed every second of my time here. Inside the stadium and in general. We were very fortunate to come here in 2008. It was a win-win situation.

"I take with me a bag full of the most positive memories. Thanks to each and every employee at the club. It was a great pleasure to work with you.

"It was an honour to be working for this club."

7B12D7EE5763758AEDE9872E2F9A303F.jpg

DANKE KLOPPO | The coach bids farewell to the BVB fans

Klopp will be replaced by former Mainz boss Thomas Tuchel at Dortmund and he feels the club will grow under the new boss.

"I advise you not to compare me with the new coach," said Klopp.

"This will reduce the memory. He will build a great future but first we have a final in Berlin.

"Many thanks for everything. See you. Most certainly. Sometime. Somewhere."

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stevens stands down as Stuttgart boss

huubstevens-cropped_1t6ru8vbqfeaj1bqh5yffkashq.jpg

May 24, 2015 15:54:23

The 61-year-old has parted company with the club after leading them to a 2-1 victory over Paderborn that ensured their Bundesliga survival

Huub Stevens has stood down as Stuttgart coach after successfully steering the club away from Bundesliga relegation for a second straight season.

The experienced boss had a 10-game spell in charge of the club last term, helping them avoid the drop before departing at the end of the campaign.

However, he returned to the Mercedes Benz Arena in November to replace Armin Veh at the helm, with the club rooted to the bottom of the table after 12 matches.

Stuttgart avoided falling into the second tier by beating Paderborn 2-1 on Saturday, a result that condemned their opponents to the drop.

"Huub has done outstanding work here," Stuttgart sporting director Robin Dutt told the club's official website.

"He not only managed us twice in the league, working with him was great. For this reason alone we owe him a great debt of gratitude."