• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2014-15 ║

Subotic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cleber injury adds to Hamburg woes

20 April 2015 17:06

831144header.jpg

Centre-back Cleber will miss much of the rest of Hamburg's Bundesliga season after injuring his knee in Saturday's Nordderby defeat to Werder Bremen.

The Brazilian defender played all of the 1-0 loss at the Weserstadion but it has since been confirmed he will miss up to three weeks with a tear in his knee.

The injury will likely rule Cleber out of the Bundesliga fixtures with Augsburg, Mainz and Freiburg.

It represents an early blow for new manager Bruno Labbadia, who took over from Peter Knabel last week.

However, Labbadia can count on Johan Djourou again on Saturday against Augsburg following a suspension.

Hamburg sit a point adrift at the bottom having failed to win in the league since early February.

MarcelSchmelzer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frontzeck named as Korkut´s replacement at Hannover

20 April 2015 20:24

831221header.jpg

Michael Frontzeck has been named the new coach of Bundesliga strugglers Hannover going into the final five games of the season.

With the club just two points clear of the relegation zone, Hannover opted to sack Korkut on Monday after going winless thus far in 2015.

Having taken charge in December 2013, Korkut guided the club to a 10th-place finish at the end of last season but Hannover struggled badly this term and have won just seven of their 29 league matches.

Former Borussia Monchengladbach and St. Pauli coach Frontzeck will be the man tasked with keeping Hannover up - agreeing a contract until the end of the campaign.

"Michael Frontzeck has our full confidence as the new head coach to lead the team away from relegation," president Martin Kind said in a statement.

"His only goal in the remaining games is to keep Hannover 96 in the Bundesliga."

Former Germany international Frontzeck's first game at the helm comes against Hoffenheim at the HDI Arena on Saturday.

Blaszczykowski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frontzeck: Survival fight is not about me

21 April 2015 14:45

831521header.jpg

New Hannover coach Michael Frontzeck says the focus should be on the club as a whole, rather than him, as he attempts to stave off the threat of relegation.

With the club just two points clear of the relegation zone, Hannover opted to sack Tayfun Korkut on Monday after going winless thus far in 2015.

The club subsequently announced former Borussia Monchengladbach and St Pauli coach Frontzeck as Korkut's successor - agreeing a contract until the end of the campaign.

At his first news conference on Tuesday, Frontzeck expressed optimism that Hannover could remain in the Bundesliga, but stressed he should not be the centre of attention.

"It's not about me, not about Tayfun, not [sporting director Dirk] Dufner, not [president Martin] Kind," he said. "It's about the club.

"It is absolutely feasible to do it [survive] together with the fans. It's complicated, but I have a good feeling.

"I know the situation, where the team is. What I can say is that the team is fighting fit and in good condition."

Former Germany international Frontzeck's first game at the helm comes against Hoffenheim at the HDI Arena on Saturday.

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

De Bruyne agent reveals Manchester City talks

21 April 2015 16:25

831570header.jpg

The agent of Wolfsburg attacker Kevin De Bruyne has revealed informal talks have taken place with Manchester City over a possible move in the close-season.

Belgium international De Bruyne has been widely linked with a move away from the club, with German champions Bayern Munich thought to be in pole position to secure his signature.

"For the moment, there are no formal discussions," Patrick De Koster is quoted as saying by The Guardian. "Of course in the next few weeks I will be going around the world to talk about the situation with Kevin but this is just informal information.

"I will talk to everybody but Kevin is very, very happy with Wolfsburg and the way they have treated him since he arrived from Chelsea last year.

"There are still five games to play and hopefully they can make sure of a place in the Champions League next season, so it is a little bit too early to be making any decisions.

"He has a four-year contract at Wolfsburg, so we will have to see what they want to do.

But City are thought to be hopeful of luring De Bruyne to the Etihad Stadium.

"I have met the people from Manchester City and we know each other," he added. "I’ve never spoken to anyone from Manchester United but a lot of other clubs have been in touch to find out some general information.

"I think with the season Kevin has had, if we didn't have these questions then there would be something wrong. I saw [Mino] Raiola's quotes about taking 20 phone calls a day regarding Paul Pogba and it’s the same situation for me and probably for the agent of Memphis Depay at the moment.

"I don't know. Wolfsburg paid €24million to Chelsea so I can see it being a lot more than that."

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schmidt extends Mainz deal

21 April 2015 17:13

831593header.jpg

Mainz have extended head coach Martin Schmidt's contract until 2018.

Schmidt, who previously managed the club's under-23 side, stepped into his current role following the sacking of Kasper Hjulmand in February.

Mainz were on a run of one victory in 13 Bundesliga matches at the time of Hjulmand's dismissal, but Schmidt's record currently stands at three wins in eight, having suffered just two defeats.

"We have found the time to commit to the agreement that had already been made orally and with a handshake," he said. "I'm really happy about the confidence placed in me by this contract.

"It is also a great challenge to continue the work done by my predecessors and the entire club."

Mainz sit 11th in the Bundesliga and host Schalke on Friday.

Harnik

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schurrle and De Bruyne to miss Napoli trip

21 April 2015 19:05

831654header.jpg

Wolfsburg will have to do without two of their most creative players against Napoli after Kevin De Bruyne and Andre Schurrle were both ruled out.

Dieter Hecking's side travel to Italy 4-1 down from the first leg of their UEFA Europa League quarter-final, with the challenge in front of them now even tougher following the two withdrawals.

A shoulder injury has sidelined Schurrle, while De Bruyne has failed to recover from a bruised foot and both may not return to face Borussia Monchengladbach in the Bundesliga this weekend.

De Bruyne has shone this season with 15 goals in all competitions, while Schurrle has helped keep Wolfsburg in contention for a top-two finish since his move from Chelsea in January.

Both played in the first-leg defeat, but injuries picked up following Sunday's 1-1 draw with Schalke in the league means they will remain in Germany to be treated.

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Klopp is a perfect fit for Arsenal... but Wenger has to be given two more years'

jurgen-klopp_1sdvaxtf0vrnx1f407ac73zh25.jpg

Apr 21, 2015 07:58:00

The Dortmund coach is set to leave the Bundesliga club at the end of the season but Nigel Winterburn believes the Gunners should stick with the Frenchman

GOAL EXCLUSIVE By Harry Sherlock

Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn believes Jurgen Klopp would be a "perfect fit" for the Gunners but has called on the club to place their faith in Arsene Wenger for two more years.

Klopp put a number of European clubs on alert last week when he announced he will be leaving Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season, terminating his contract in the process.

Arsenal have repeatedly been touted as a potential destination for the German, who has won two Bundesliga titles and been a Champions League runner-up during his time at Signal Iduna Park.

Klopp has drawn something of a cult following for his exploits at Dortmund, his brash, energetic style combining perfectly with the high-pressing, turnover-based game that won the club so many admirers.

Winterburn - who won three Premier League titles and made over 500 appearances in 12 years at Arsenal - concedes that Klopp has the "credentials" required, but is cautious of a change in the Emirates dugout.

"If Arsene Wenger decides to step down or move upstairs, then obviously he’s a manager with the credentials, the way his teams play, I think a lot of people would think it’s a perfect fit," he told Goal.

"It sounds good, it sounds right, I think in essence you never really know until that manager comes in and you see the players leave and the players come in, and where the team will finish.

"It looks right, but again I would always hold judgement and wait – while supporting that manager – until he’s had at least one season to show what his methods are and what he can do for the football club."

Arsenal have enjoyed a superb run of form since losing to local rivals Tottenham in early February, winning eight consecutive Premier League matches and securing a second consecutive FA Cup final berth.

As a result of their domestic form, Arsenal are on course for a second-placed finish in the Premier League and Winterburn believes Wenger must be allowed to see through his vision for the current Gunners squad.

Arsenal have spent heavily in the past two years - acquiring the likes of Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid and Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona - and Winterburn says the club are on the precipice of continued success.

He added: "My thoughts are quite clear, and that's why I talk about the next three years. This year we've just had, in terms of the spending power and the players coming in, and the next two, where we'll see the vision of where Arsenal are going to go and where they'll be after that.

"I would like Arsene Wenger to see out the next two years, and see where we are then, but obviously, with Klopp leaving Dortmund, it sort of puts the conundrum in because he’s been linked with Arsenal before, particularly when Arsenal were struggling. Wenger was coming under severe pressure, so I understand where it’s coming from but I would be surprised if there was a change this summer."

Winterburn has also defended Wenger for his somewhat minimal outlay in the transfer windows prior to the €50 million signing of Ozil, claiming that the club were severely limited in their ability to spend by the debt they took on in the wake of their move to the Emirates Stadium.

"I had the luxury of playing under Arsene Wenger so I know what he's all about, and I know there's been a lot of frustration around the supporters in terms of the move to the new stadium and being able to sell the vision of being able to compete with the big boys," he said.

"But my views are quite clear and I've never hidden away from them; I don't think Arsenal had the spending power, while that stadium debt was being whittled down, to compete with the top teams. You don't have the likes of Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas within your squad and allow them to leave if you can bring in players to complement them, lets say like Alexis Sanchez at €40 million.

"I don't believe Arsene Wenger would not have spent that money to help improve the squad."

Subotic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Martinez back in Bayern training

22 April 2015

832095header.jpg

Bayern Munich midfielder Javi Martinez resumed full training on Wednesday for the first time since rupturing cruciate ligaments in August.

The former Athletic Bilbao midfielder sustained the injury to his left knee during the German Super Cup defeat to Borussia Dortmund.

However, after surgery and a lengthy rehabilitation programme, the Spaniard trained on Wednesday and is hopeful of featuring before the end of the season.

"It's just fantastic, I'm overjoyed," the 26-year-old told Bayern's official website.

"It's only the first step. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me yet.

"They [Bayern team-mates] were cheering and clapping for me. I guess they're all delighted for me. I hope I can pick up a few minutes playing time very soon."

Martinez arrived at the Allianz Arena in 2012 and was part of Jupp Heynckes' treble-winning side in his debut season.

Further honours followed under Pep Guardiola last term, including the Bundesliga title and the DFB-Pokal.

MatsHummels

Alfrescian
Loyal

Castro blow for Leverkusen

22 April 2015

832124header.jpg

Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Gonzalo Castro has been ruled out for the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury in training on Wednesday.

Castro has made 20 Bundesliga appearances for Leverkusen this season, but will play no part in their final five games after sustaining a torn medial meniscus.

The club have confirmed that Castro will go under the knife and Roger Schmidt will be unable to call on the 27-year-old as his side battle to secure a top three finish which would ensure they automatically qualify for the group stages of the UEFA Champions League.

The long-serving Castro has been linked with a move to Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

MarcelSchmelzer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hummels refusing to comment further on United talk

23 April 2015

832537header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund captain Mats Hummels is refusing to make any further comment on speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United.

The Germany international has long been regarded as one of the Premier League's club top targets and previously indicated that he would be open to leaving Dortmund last month.

Speculation over his future continues to persist, but when pressed on the topic by Bild, Hummels said: "I don't want to talk about that topic constantly.

"I did it a few weeks ago - and that must be enough."

Asked about reports of a bid from United, Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc replied: "I can't confirm this."

Hummels has made 26 appearances this season for a Dortmund side that sits ninth in the Bundesliga having spent much of the campaign in the lower reaches of the table.

Klopp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Klopp not interested in Premier League speculation

23 April 2015

jurgenklopp-cropped_15ffihd2k12w814mx5btrglb30.jpg

Outgoing Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp insists he is not interested in speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.

The Bundesliga club confirmed last week that Klopp would leave his post at the end of the campaign after seven seasons in charge.

Dortmund have already appointed Thomas Tuchel as the successor to Klopp, who has been mentioned as a potential target for the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool.

But Klopp told a press conference prior to Saturday's game with Eintracht Frankfurt: "I'm not interested in what the Premier League thinks of me. I'm just looking forward to the rest of our season."

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reus and Piszczek back in Dortmund training

23 April 2015

832644header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund duo Marco Reus and Lukasz Piszczek are both back in training for the Bundesliga club, coach Jurgen Klopp has confirmed.

Forward Reus has not featured since the 1-0 defeat to Bayern Munich earlier this month because of adductor problems, while right-back Piszczek has been out since February due to an ankle injury.

The return of the pair will be a boost for a Dortmund side still pushing for a UEFA Europa League place at the end of a season that was confirmed last week as Klopp's last at Signal Iduna Park.

However, it is unclear whether either will be available for the meeting with Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday, with Tuesday's DFB-Pokal semi-final with Bayern Munich seemingly a more realistic return date.

"If it's not enough for Saturday yet for Marco, it would be nice if he was available on Tuesday," Klopp said.

Meanwhile, midfielder Ilkay Gundogan has been forced to train away from the team due to a throat infection.

"Ilkay will train today, but not with the team," Klopp added. "He has a slight pharyngitis and we have to look, whether he's still infectious."

Blaszczykowski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mainz 2 Schalke 0: Bell brace increases Di Matteo pressure

24 April 2015

833585header.jpg

Stefan Bell's double helped Mainz sink Schalke 2-0 on Friday to pile the pressure on under-fire coach Roberto Di Matteo.

Schalke had already fallen 12 points off the pace for a UEFA Champions League place in the Bundesliga and are now effectively out of the running with just four games to go.

There were positive signs for Schalke in the early stages of the contest at the Coface Arena as Klaas-Jan Huntelaar saw two chances go begging.

Centre-back Bell proved far more clinical at the other end, though, putting Mainz ahead just shy of the half-hour mark when he knocked in from close range after a Jonathan Geis corner caused havoc.

Mainz were two to the good three minutes later. Another Geis corner proved integral as Bell headed in the teasing delivery.

Both sides hit the crossbar in the final twenty minutes, with Mainz's Jairo Samperio and Schalke's Julian Draxler going close for their respective teams, but the score remained 2-0.

Mainz subsequently hoisted themselves into the top half of the table, while Schalke are now winless in six.

Gundogan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spahic hit with three-month ban

23 April 2015

832634header.jpg

Emir Spahic has been hit with a three-month ban by the German Football Association (DFB) after head-butting a steward following Bayer Leverkusen's DFB-Pokal exit to Bayern Munich earlier this month.

The 34-year-old defender was sacked by Leverkusen after footage emerged of him clashing with the steward at the BayArena in the aftermath of Bayern's 5-3 penalty shootout triumph.

Spahic has now accepted a ban that runs until July 12, with the governing body announcing the punishment on its official website.

The DFB has also imposed a fine of €20,000 on the Bosnia-Herzegovina international.

Dante

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Preview: Bayern on brink of title

22 April 2015

832171header.jpg

Bayern Munich could wrap up the Bundesliga title this weekend, but will be relying on Wolfsburg failing to beat Borussia Monchengladbach on Sunday.

The defending champions are 12 points clear at the summit with five matches left to play, so simply need to better Wolfsburg's result to be sure of retaining their crown.

Bayern host Hertha Berlin on Saturday on the back of a thumping 6-1 win over Porto in midweek, which sent them into the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League as 7-4 aggregate victors.

And Guardiola's men will be confident of keeping their end of the bargain, having won their last 10 meetings with Hertha - including an away game last March that saw them seal the 2013-14 title.

Wolfsburg, meanwhile, are on the road at Monchengladbach. Realistically, their chances of reeling in leaders Bayern are so slim, the best they hope can hope for is to delay the championship party.

And fourth-placed Monchengladbach have plenty to play for, as they tussle with Bayer Leverkusen - both teams currently on 54 points - for an automatic Champions League berth.

A win for the home side would move them within four of Wolfsburg.

Leverkusen travel to Cologne on their continued bid to keep their noses ahead of Monchengladbach.

Schalke - currently occupying the automatic UEFA Europa League qualifying spot - will be desperate to halt a run that has seen them go five matches without a win.

They head to Mainz on Friday, with home coach Martin Schmidt having signed a contract until 2018 this week.

At the other end of the table, Hamburg - winless in nine and four points adrift of safety - host Augsburg, while second-bottom Stuttgart are at home to Augsburg.

Paderborn are in the relegation play-off position, but could lift themselves out of trouble with a win against Werder Bremen depending on other results, but Hannover will be keen to keep their heads above water against Hoffenheim.

In the weekend's remaining fixture, Borussia Dortmund - fresh from the news that Thomas Tuchel has been chosen as Jurgen Klopp's successor - welcome Eintracht Frankfurt.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Borussia Dortmund v Eintracht Frankfurt: Bayern clash no distraction for Klopp

23 April 2015

832759header.jpg

Jurgen Klopp does not expect his Borussia Dortmund side to have one eye on next week's DFB-Pokal semi-final against Bayern Munich when they face Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday.

Victory over Bayern at the Allianz Arena next Tuesday will ensure Klopp ends his seven-year spell as head coach of Dortmund with a cup final against either Wolfsburg or Arminia Bielefeld.

The charismatic 47-year-old has endured a difficult season, with Dortmund languishing in the relegation zone before turning around their fortunes to surge up the Bundesliga table.

It would be a fitting end to Klopp's reign if he was to sign off by lifting the DFB-Pokal, but for the time being his thoughts are only consumed by seeing off an Eintracht side only behind ninth-placed Dortmund on goal difference.

Klopp said: "The lads are on the right track. They want to leave their own mark on the end of this season. They are focused, they are concentrated. We would be crazy to bet everything on the cup.

"Now only Frankfurt counts, only the league counts, we are only one point away from being seventh. Coming from the 18th position and ending up there wouldn't be so bad."

Dortmund responded to their defeat by Borussia Monchengladbach by beating struggling Paderborn 3-0 in their first game since Klopp announced his upcoming departure.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Shinji Kagawa were on target in the second half of that encounter and Klopp is eager to build on that display in what he believes has the potential to be an entertaining clash with Thomas Schaaf's men.

He added: "Remember the Paderborn game? The first half wasn't as bad as people made it sound like and the second half was really great.

"In the past Thomas Schaaf always let Werder Bremen play spectacular football. If Frankfurt plays along, it will be a really good game."

Eintracht were 2-0 winners over Dortmund back in November and Klopp is eager to make amends this weekend.

The Dortmund head coach said: "I still do not know until today how we could lose that game. It was one of our many bizarre games. We want to eliminate this weakness of ours."

Klopp was boosted by the return to training of Marco Reus (adductor) Lukasz Piszczek (ankle) this week, but it remains to be seen if either player will feature on Saturday.

Gundogan (throat infection) will be monitored ahead of the game along with Kevin Grosskreutz (knock) and Sven Bender (muscular problem).

Eintracht were held to a goalless draw by Gladbach last weekend and are without a win in four matches.

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern Munich v Hertha Berlin: Title in sight for Bundesliga leaders

23 April 2015

832835header.jpg

Bayern Munich could complete the first part of a potential domestic and European treble on Saturday when they entertain Hertha Berlin at the Allianz Arena.

The Bundesliga's runaway leaders are 12 points clear at the summit and will be crowned champions with four games to spare should they better Wolfsburg's result this weekend.

Matching the result of Dieter Hecking's second-placed side, who travel to Borussia Monchengladbach 24 hours after Bayern are in action, would all but guarantee Pep Guardiola's side the title given their vastly superior goal difference.

Buoyed by their stunning comeback to beat Porto in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday, Bayern go into the game brimming with confidence.

Thiago Alcantara shone in that win, delivering another impressive performance since his return to the first-team following knee problems, but injuries have continued to deplete Guardiola's squad.

With Franck Ribery, David Alaba, Arjen Robben, Javi Martinez and Medhi Benatia already sidelined, the club were dealt another blow on Thursday as defender Holger Badstuber was ruled out for up to four months with a thigh problem.

The news is a big setback for club and player, given Badstuber only returned from a similar injury in February and previously spent 18 months out with a cruciate knee ligament problem.

While European action may have taken priority this week, Bayern will have the Bundesliga at the forefront of their minds with the title in sight.

They have won their last seven meetings with Hertha, the most recent a 1-0 triumph in Berlin in late November.

However, Hertha's own form has improved and a seven-game unbeaten run has lifted them away from trouble at the foot of the table.

With five games remaining, Pal Dardai's side sit seven points clear of the relegation play-off place, but the Hungarian head coach is not expecting much from their trip to Bavaria.

"No one will be surprised that we do not go to Munich as favourites," he said. "The team have been training very well this week, we hope they will show that in the game. The result is not so important.

"We are unbeaten in our last seven matches, so a draw would be a success. But we are not going to Munich to congratulate them [on winning the title].

"Bayern are world class, but we will still compete to win. We need to get off to a good start."

XabiAlonso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Raffael hails Favre´s influence

24 April 2015

833083header.jpg

Borussia Monchengladbach attacking midfielder Raffael labelled coach Lucien Favre as "the most important person" in his career.

Raffael has thrived at Gladbach since being signed by Favre before the 2013-14 season, scoring 24 goals in 60 Bundesliga appearances for the club.

Favre and Raffael have previously worked together at Zurich and Hertha Berlin, with the Swiss coach signing the Brazilian playmaker at the German capital club too.

"He [Favre] has been and still is the most important person in my career in football - I can certainly say that," Raffael told the Bundesliga's website.

"Having the opportunity of working with him here and now is enough for me to be happy. I like working for him as a coach but I also like him as a person as well and playing for him makes me happy."

This season is Favre's fourth full campaign in charge of Gladbach, with the 57-year-old having led the North Rhine-Westphalia-based club to finishes of fourth, eighth and fifth.

After 29 league matches, Gladbach sit fourth, which comes with a spot in next season's UEFA Champions League qualifying rounds, while only goal difference separates Favre's men from third-placed Bayer Leverkusen.

Raffael is desperate to secure a spot in Europe's premier continental club competition, having previously tasted Champions League action with Zurich and Dynamo Kiev.

"It's my main goal because every footballer in the world dreams of playing in the Champions League against the best players in the world and I really hope we can do it," he said.

Gladbach face second-placed Wolfsburg on Sunday in a crucial match, as it could take Gladbach 15 points clear of fifth-placed Schalke with four Bundesliga games remaining.

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Robben return will help Bayern, says Makaay

robben-bayern-munich_1qa6vhhmlperr1jb8p2qvto92z.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Apr 24, 2015 08:12:06

The former FCB striker has nothing but praise for his compatriot and thinks the Allianz Arena side could win three major trophies this term

Former Bayern Munich striker Roy Makaay believes the imminent return of Arjen Robben will be a major boost for the Bavarians in their hunt for the treble.

The 31-year-old has been sidelined ever since picking up an abdominal injury in Bayern's Bundesliga loss against Borussia Monchengladbach last month, but resumed individual training action this week.

Robben is expected to make his comeback within two weeks and Makaay believes his compatriot's return will be a big help for Pep Guardiola's men.

"It's great news that Robben is on his way back," Makaay was quoted as saying on the official Bayern website.

"Arjen has been superb for Bayern this season and I hope he gets fit again quickly for the sake of the team, as it’ll give the coach another option.

"He’s world class and that always helps you."

The former Netherlands striker then went on to discuss Bayern's chances of winning the treble and he thinks they have what it takes to win it all this term.

"The league title’s in the bag - something unimaginably bad would have to happen for Bayern not to win it. There’s a good chance in the DFB-Pokal too.

"Everyone’s hoping for the Champions League final, but it won’t be easy and there’s still work to do. But it could be another wonderful season."

In Robben's absence, Bayern beat Porto 7-4 on aggregate to reach the Champions League semi-final stage, which will take place next month.

The Bavarians could wrap up the Bundesliga title this weekend if they get a better result against Hertha Berlin than second-placed Gladbach.

Harnik

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Schweinsteiger has lost midfield battle and will leave Bayern'

holger-badstuber-bastian-schweinsteiger-mario-gotze-bayern-munich-27022015_7vpq7fuhidzr1ieb113wnm43j.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Apr 24, 2015 09:05:56

Dietmar Hamann feels his compatriot is likely to move on due to being usurped by Xabi Alonso, while he also fears for Franck Ribery's future at the club

Former Germany international Dietmar Hamann expects Bastian Schweinsteiger to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

The Germany international had to settle for a spot on the bench in the 6-1 Champions League win over Porto on Tuesday as Pep Guardiola preferred Xabi Alonso in midfield and Hamann thinks the presence of the Spanish midfielder could force out Schweinsteiger.

"The game against Porto was quite meaningful for two players in particular," Hamann told Kicker.

"Schweinsteiger has apparently lost the battle for a place in midfield to Xabi Alonso. I do not think Schweinsteiger will still be playing for Bayern next year."

Hamann also revealed his doubts that injured winger Franck Ribery - shortlisted for the 2013 Ballon d'Or - could usurp Thomas Muller in the starting XI.

"It will also be quite tricky for Ribery," he added. "If you have to make a choice between Ribery and Muller once Robben returns, I would always pick Muller."

Ribery has not featured for Bayern since picking up a knock in their 7-0 Champions League win over Shakhtar Donetsk on March 11.