• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2013-14 ║

Blade

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

298050_thumb.jpg

Hofmann targets Dortmund starring role
The attacking protege aims to force his way into Jurgen Klopp’s side after Sunday’s game-changing cameo against Eintracht Braunschweig

307560_thumb.jpg

Mkhitaryan revels in Dortmund adoration
The Signal Iduna Park summer signing was thrilled with the reception on his debut, but he craves a return to form following his injury recovery

300679_thumb.jpg

Lewandowski hails Dortmund patience
After a narrow victory on Sunday, the Poland international has lauded his side's composure in breaking down a stubborn visiting rearguard

305348_thumb.jpg

Boateng backs brother in fight against racism
The Germany star has attended an event in Miami against racial abuse in the sport to support his brother Kevin-Prince

289797_thumb.jpg

Muller: Bayern have a score to settle with Chelsea
The Germany star has set his sights on avenging their defeat in the 2012 Champions League final and says his team need to improve defensively under Pep Guardiola

306929_thumb.jpg

Huntelaar ruled out of Champions League play-off
The Schalke striker suffered an injury at the weekend against Wolfsburg which will see him miss the side's clashes with PAOK for a group stage spot

306575_thumb.jpg

Bayern stars must do more - Sammer
The club's sporting director is refusing to accept excuses for the squad's fitness and wants the whole team ready to play twice a week if necessary

307135_thumb.jpg

Dortmund deserved victory, says Klopp
Jurgen Klopp was delighted with his players after Borussia Dortmund secured a win in their first game after the international break.

286777_thumb.jpg

Watzke: We knew Lewandowski would be disappointed
The Polish striker looked certain to join Bundesliga rivals Bayern Munich over the summer, but BVB's top man insists the situation has been smoothed over between club and player

Blade

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Klose lays out retirement plans

305752_heroa.jpg

By Miles Chambers46
Aug 20, 2013 10:16:00 AM

The striker looks set to stand down from international duties next year and said he would like to finish his playing career in Germany

Lazio forward Miroslav Klose has revealed that he plans to retire from international football after World Cup 2014 before ending his playing career back in the Bundesliga.

The veteran forward, who is one strike shy of Gerd Muller's record of 68 Germany goals, left his homeland in 2011 for the Stadio Olimpico where he has continued to shine in attack despite being 35 years old.

Klose has admitted that international retirement after next summer's tournament in Brazil is likely and insists that winning the World Cup is his priority, not adding to his 14 goals to break the record of 15 times that Ronaldo scored.

"I assume [my retirement] is what will happen with regards to the national team," he told Kicker.

"The title with the team has top priority [over Ronaldo's record]. If I can win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil that would be the greatest for me. Everything else would be secondary."

The ex-Bayern Munich striker does not want to make plans beyond 2013-14 but revealed his intention to return to the Bundesliga from Serie A.

"I want to play a good season, play the World Cup and then take it from there," he added. "I am still fit and still feel like playing football, then certainly the Bundesliga is an option.

"I can really imagine finishing my career in Bundesliga."

Blade

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'I'm sorry for this s***' - Adler apologises for Hoffenheim thrashing

306862_heroa.jpg

By Alex Moretto28
Aug 20, 2013 12:44:00 AM

The Hamburg goalkeeper admits his side's showing was "an absolute disaster" in their humbling defeat at the HSV-Arena

Hamburg goalkeeper Rene Adler has apologised to fans after their 5-1 thrashing at home to Hoffenheim on Saturday.

Roberto Firmino struck twice as the visitors ran riot in the second half at HSV-Arena just a week after Thorsten Fink's side shipped three goals at Schalke, and Adler admits the team's performance was "an absolute disaster."

"To our fans, I'm sorry if they have to pay money for this s***," the 28-year-old told Bild.

"It was an absolute disaster, a disastrous performance from anyone who was involved.

"I understand the displeasure of the fans. We need to score in the next game at [Hertha] Berlin."

Fink was similarly scathing in his assessment of his side's defending, and called on the players to earn back the supporters' respect.

"We got out in the first few minutes just fine and made it 1-1 at a psychologically-opportune time," he said.

"But it annoys me that we have fallen apart again. Our defence was very, very, very bad. That was a textbook case of how not to do it.

"We don't need to gloss over anything, but still look forward, and get back the support of the fans. The objectives of the season have not changed."

Blade

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'Prison has changed me' - Breno

165489_heroa.jpg

By Alex Moretto64
Aug 19, 2013 8:16:00 PM

The Brazilian is relishing the chance to work with the Bayern Munich Under-23 side on a day-release programme as he continues to serve a jail term for aggravated arson

Former Bayern Munich defender Breno admits he has "changed as a person" during his time in prison.

The 23-year-old was sentenced to three years and nine months in 2012 after being found guilty of aggravated arson following a fire at his rented Munich villa the previous year.

The Brazilian has been offered a post to work for five hours a day with the Bayern Under-23 side and he admits he is indebted to the club for the opportunity following his spell away from the game.

“My time in prison was hard for me and I am pleased that Bayern have given me this opportunity. he told a press conference. “Thanks to Bayern, I’m fine.

“I have changed as a person. I learned a lot in prison. My wife and my kids were behind me the whole time. I’ve thought a lot about God, and without God there’s not much."

Breno originally signed with the club in 2007 as a 17-year-old, but injuries curtailed his early career in Germany before he was sent to prison last year.

“We have a mandate to integrate these people back to life,” sporting director Matthias Sammer said, while president Uli Hoeness added: "Breno is a member of the big Bayern family, who once had problems.Now there is a glimmer of hope and we want to give it to him."

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

308071_thumb.jpg

Gotze nervous ahead of injury return
The midfielder does not believe he will be able to reproduce his finest form straight away as he prepares to make his comeback

293317_thumb.jpg

Leathered! Pep, Gotze and Ribery don German trousers for beer ad
Last season's treble-winning squad put on some traditional garb as part of a shoot for a brand of lager, as the new coach's transition to Bavarian life took a colourful turn

298050_thumb.jpg

Hofmann targets Dortmund starring role
The attacking protege aims to force his way into Jurgen Klopp’s side after Sunday’s game-changing cameo against Eintracht Braunschweig

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lewandowski draws line under Dortmund exit saga

300679_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts73
Aug 21, 2013 10:50:00 AM

The prolific attacker is resigned to spending another season with BVB and is keen to leave this summer's controversy behind him

Robert Lewandowski has insisted that he has drawn a line under his feud with the Borussia Dortmund hierarchy and has accepted that he will stay at the club for another season rather than join Bayern Munich.

The Poland international was widely expected to make the move to the Allianz Arena this summer following claims from the striker himself and his agent that he would be allowed to leave.

However, Dortmund eventually vetoed a transfer to Bayern, leading to a protracted war of words between Lewandowski and the BVB hierarchy which has now seemingly come to an end at last.

"The situation is that I will stay at Dortmund for another year. Everything that needed addressed has been dealt with. Some mistakes were made, but we have drawn a line under this issue," he told Sport Bild.

"My stance on the situation differed to that of the club. I assumed that I would be allowed to leave. The club have made the decision that I will stay.

"I was very disappointed and angry earlier this summer, but everything's been cleared up now. I have always said that I would honour my contract.

"I did not want to break my contract, even though that might have looked differently from the outside. I never demanded anything that went against my contract. Things were taken out of context and used against me and my agent."

The 25-year-old, who has a contract until June 2014, has scored once in two Bundesliga games so far this season.

Blade

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guardiola did not force me out of Bayern, says Luiz Gustavo

306567_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts37
Aug 21, 2013 11:34:00 AM

The Brazil international has dismissed suggestions that left the reigning Bundesliga champions due to the former Barcelona coach

Wolfsburg midfielder Luiz Gustavo has insisted that Pep Guardiola did not force him out of Bayern Munich and added that the 42-year-old will forever have a place in his heart.

The holding midfielder left the Allianz Arena for Dieter Hecking's earlier this month, snubbing a move to Arsenal, and has stressed that the Spaniard was not the reason for his departure.

"It's never easy to say farewell. I met a lot of friends at Bayern and a lot of people will always have a place in my heart, including Pep Guardiola," the Brazil international told Sport Bild.

"He did not tell me that I did not have a chance at Bayern. He also shook my hand and said me farewell on the Sunday of my goodbye.

"I could have stayed at Bayern and fought for my place. I have no doubt that I would have achieved something.

"I felt that something had to change. That feeling got even stronger after a first meeting with Guardiola. I then spoke with the people who are important to me and made my decision."

Gustavo, 26, made his official Wolfsburg debut at the weekend, helping them to a 4-0 win over Schalke.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

308427_thumb.jpg

Dortmund right to keep Lewandowski, says Watzke
A run to the Champions League final and the sale of Mario Gotze give Dortmund's chief executive reason to believe the decision not to sell the Pole was the right one

308339_thumb.jpg

Rummenigge: Gotze will be a world star
The Germany legend has backed the starlet to flourish at the Allianz Arena following his summer switch from Borussia Dortmund

185713_thumb.jpg

Bayern in no rush to extend Alaba, Boateng, Kroos & Robben deals
The Bundesliga giants recently finalised Franck Ribery's contract renewal, but want to see how things pan out under Pep Guardiola before opening talks with the quartet

308207_thumb.jpg

Klopp: Dortmund were more creative in the past
The successful coach feels his side's attack is not at the same level as in previous years yet and is looking forward to the game against Werder Bremen

308071_thumb.jpg

Gotze nervous ahead of injury return
The midfielder does not believe he will be able to reproduce his finest form straight away as he prepares to make his comeback

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Aubameyang agent to sue Dortmund

304467_heroa.jpg

By John Baines33
Aug 22, 2013 2:40:00 PM

Carlos Arino claims the club owe him money for his efforts in the early negotiations with the player, although BVB have branded the complaint as "irrelevant"

The agent involved in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's move to Borussia Dortmund is preparing to sue the Bundesliga club over alleged non-payments for his services.

Carlos Arino claims the German club owe him money for his role in securing the Gabonese striker’s transfer to Signal Iduna Park from Saint-Etienne this summer, with Umut Schleyer – a lawyer acting for Arino - confirming to Sport Bild: "I have been instructed to prepare an appropriate action."

According to claims made by Arino, he was involved in negotiations between Dortmund and Aubameyang as early as December, with an agreement in place entitling him to a consultancy fee.

Arino also suggests he was cut out of discussions between the parties in April before before the deal was completed – with the agent’s fee ultimately going to Aubameyang’s father.

BVB general manager Michael Zorc has branded the legal proceedings "irrelevant" and insists there has been no wrongdoing on the part of the club.

“We do not consider this demand justified and consider it irrelevant. We look at this case in a very relaxed way. Of course it is their right to try a legal process," he said.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

22.08.2013 23:14:35

BATTLE OF THE 100-PERCENTERS IN DORTMUND

I0cDc7d.jpg

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (l.) is set for his second Bundesliga run-out in the Dortmund midfield

Dortmund - Two of the five Bundesliga clubs yet to drop a point this season go head-to-head in Friday evening's Matchday 3 opener when Borussia Dortmund play host to Werder Bremen (kick-off 20:30 CET).

Indeed, Dortmund top the early standings on goal difference, while the visitors from the north coast are the only club in either of Germany's top two flights who have yet to concede a goal. That said, the teams' respective roles are fairly well defined going into what can scarcely be classified as a contest of equals.

A first for Klopp

BVB, who have incidentally managed to win both opening games of a league campaign for the first time since Jürgen Klopp took over as head coach in 2008, are looking to lay down a further marker for the benefit of their potential title rivals, headed naturally enough by defending champions FC Bayern Munich. Klopp is preparing his troops for a defensively-orientated Werder side high on confidence on the back of their own winning start.

"We got a bit of practice for that type of game against Eintracht Braunschweig. It's up to us to find solutions," said the coach, who at the same time is well aware that "Bremen can strike at any point of the match. They're a side with a lot of potential just waiting to be set free." His own team have of course given full rein to their potential over the past three years, although at the moment, and not for the first time, a process of adjustment is underway. In this instance, it revolves first and foremost around the integration of summer signings Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang into BVB's now Mario Götze-less ranks.
Fresh midfield options

Mkhitaryan's first taste of Bundesliga action against Braunschweig was fairly low-key, certainly in contrast to the fireworks produced by Aubameyang the week before at FC Augsburg. The Armenian No10 will be settled into his role gradually, however, as was the case with Ilkay Gündogan a couple of years ago. Gündogan's guile was sorely missed against freshly-promoted Braunschweig and the playmaker is still sidelined with a back problem aggravated during Germany's friendly international against Paraguay last week.

On the upside in the midfield department, youngster Jonas Hofmann has shone in a series of cameos, contributing directly to no fewer than five goals in just 44 minutes of playing time all-told in BVB's last three competitive outings - two assists in the DFB Cup, two penalties earned in the Bundesliga and the opener against Braunschweig. The 21-year-old could well be in line for another stint off the bench against Bremen, while Klopp is keeping his options open as to whether Sokratis will retain his place in the centre of defence against his former club, or make way for Neven Subotic again.

Dutt keeping it real

Klopp's visiting counterpart, Robin Dutt, meanwhile has the opportunity to kick off his tenure as Thomas Schaaf's successor by writing a new paragraph in the Bremen club annals, as they have never before opened a Bundesliga season with three straight wins. The former DFB director of sport is not getting carried away by the prospect, however, noting that "with all respect to Braunschweig and Augsburg, Dortmund are a different proposition altogether." By a quirk of scheduling fate, BVB and Werder have played the same two opponents so far, with the Green-Whites perhaps somewhat fortunate to have emerged from their own games with a maximum haul.

Skipper Clemens Fritz has now been definitely ruled out for a starting berth at the Signal Iduna Park due to a thigh problem, while Dutt will make a late call on the fitness of central defender Luca Caldirola. New Argentinian forward Franco Di Santo is meawhile set for a place on the bench at the very least. The coach is gearing up for a tough evening one way or the other and has warned that "if we're to have a chance, we need to get everything right - and hope that Dortmund aren't at the top of their game."

Possible line-ups:

Dortmund: Weidenfeller - Großkreutz, Subotic (Sokratis), Hummels, Schmelzer - Sahin, Bender - Blaszczykowski, Mkhitaryan, Reus - Lewandowski

Bremen: Mielitz - Fritz, Prödl, Lukimya, Gebre Selassie - Makiadi, Kroos, Junuzovic - Hunt, Petersen, Ekici

Last edited:

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Klopp wary of Bremen´s ´slumbering talent´

22 August 2013

358311header.jpg

Jurgen Klopp wants Borussia Dortmund on their guard when they face a resurgent Werder Bremen side on Friday.

The two come into the clash with 100 per cent Bundesliga records, as Bremen enjoy a positive start to life under Robin Dutt.

Dutt has guided his side to 1-0 wins over Eintracht Braunschweig and Augsburg, with Klopp well aware of the task his team face at Signal Iduna Park.

"Werder Bremen has the ability to, in any part of the game, be dangerous because they still have great offensive quality," he said.

"There is a lot of slumbering talent that is almost only waiting to be released.

"For that to happen one needs self-confidence which they have more of again and we'll be the first to get a feel of that."

Dortmund have also started their Bundesliga campaign well, having finished second last season behind Bayern Munich.

Following a 4-0 win over Augsburg, Klopp's men overcame Braunschweig 2-1 but Klopp believes his side still have improvements to make.

"We want to carry on our path," he added. "I think it's normal at the beginning of a season, especially when one has to do lots of offensive work, that it isn't easy.

"We've had more creative and sprightly spells, I'm talking about our ideas here, but nevertheless I was able to see that my team was willing, over 90 minutes, to really be focused and play the game that is necessary against our opponents.

"Braunschweig is an example and against Bremen we will have to do the same to be able to be successful and obviously that's what we want to do."

Dortmund and Bremen are two of five clubs to have won both their Bundesliga games this season.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Robert Lewandowski to stay put at Borussia Dortmund after £3m pay rise

• Polish international gives up on joining Bayern
• Striker could leave as free agent next year

Reuters
The Guardian, Wednesday 21 August 2013 12.19 BST

Robert-Lewandowski-008.jpg

Robert Lewandowski has told Borussia Dortmund he is staying after they reportedly boosted his salary from £1.3m to £4.3m. Photograph: Ina Fassbender/Reuters

Robert Lewandowski has resolved his differences with Borussia Dortmund over a failed transfer to Bayern Munich in the close season after being given a reported pay rise of £3m.

Lewandowski was desperate to join the treble winners but the deal fell through after Dortmund blocked the transfer, saying he had a contract until 2014. The Poland striker was also linked with Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City.

However, Dortmund, who lost out to Bayern in the Bundesliga, the German Cup quarter-finals and the Champions League final last season, will not receive any transfer fee if Lewandowski leaves as a free agent after his deal expires next year.

"The situation is now that I will stay in Dortmund for one more year," Lewandowski told Sport Bild magazine. "We have put aside all disagreements and have cleared the air. There were mistakes made but the case is closed.

"I had a different starting point. I thought I was allowed to transfer. I was then disappointed and angry. But now everything is calm. I have always said I would respect my contract."

Dortmund also said they gave the forward a pay rise last week based on last season's performances.

"It is true that we have adapted his remunerations to his sporting contribution," the Dortmund general manager, Hans-Joachim Watzke, said. "We had intended for months to do that."

German media reported his salary was up from €1.5m (£1.3m) to €5.0m (£4.3m) annually.

The Poland international enjoyed a sensational season, scoring 24 league goals and adding another 10 in the Champions League, including four in one game against Real Madrid.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund 1 Werder Bremen 0
24 August 2013

358440header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund maintained their 100 per cent winning start to the season with a comfortable 1-0 win over Werder Bremen on Friday.

Bremen had kept clean sheets in their opening two Bundesliga games, and they looked capable of making that three until Robert Lewandowski broke the deadlock in the second half at the Signal Iduna Park.

Jakub Blaszczykowski crashed an effort against the crossbar and Marco Reus fired just wide in a frustrating first-half for the home side.

Jurgen Klopp opted to rest Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Sven Bender, with Marco Reus and Sebastian Kehl taking their respective spots in the starting line-up.

Luca Caldirola passed a fitness test in order to start for Bremen, while Marko Arnautovic was favoured ahead of Nils Petersen in the central striking role.

In a lacklustre opening, it was Dortmund who created the better openings.

Nuri Sahin volleyed wide from Marcel Schmelzer’s cross, while Henrikh Mkhitaryan found himself on goal after a neat one-two with Lewandowski, but could only lift his effort over.

Reus was continually Dortmund’s biggest threat and went close after collecting Kehl’s cross-field ball, but could only fire an effort wide of Sebastian Mielitz’s far post.

The home side sparked into life in dying stages of the half, Blaszczykowski was left to rue his luck with 10 minutes in the half left as he burst free on the right-hand side and unleashed a fierce drive that cannoned back off the crossbar.

Just three minutes before half-time, Reus had a deflected effort that almost fell kindly for Lewandowski but the ball narrowly evaded the Polish striker at the far post. Neven Subotic saw a header cleared off the line by Aaron Hunt with Sahin blazing over the rebound.

And Dortmund were nearly punished for their profligacy on the stroke of half-time as Arnautovic flashed a narrow effort across Roman Weidenfeller from the right channel.

After a dominant first-half display Dortmund finally breached the Bremen's defence in the 55th minute.

Kevin Grosskreutz’s short pass was collected by Reus in the box and he fired a ball hard along the six-yard box where Lewandowski was on hand to tap home.

The goal seemed to knock the wind out of Bremen's sails, and they were nearly two behind when Schmelzer's hanging cross was palmed away by Mielitz and Sahin hit an acrobatic scissor kick that sailed over.

Aubameyang was introduced to the action in place of Blaszczykowski, and almost doubled the lead in the 75th minute as he broke free down the right-hand side but his low driven effort was saved by the feet of Mielitz.

Dortmund continued to press, and with seven minutes remaining Mats Hummels flicked on Reus' corner to Lewandowski but his effort was blocked on the line by Hunt.

Weidenfeller had to be alert late on, as he produced a smart save at the near post from substitute Franco Di Santo to preserve the points for Dortmund and send them top ahead of Saturday's action.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

291937_thumb.jpg

Klopp not fearing Dortmund profligacy
BVB missed many chances in their 1-0 win over Werder Bremen but the coach is not concerned, while Sebastian Kehl says the three points were deserved

308717_thumb.jpg

Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Werder Bremen: Lewandowski tap-in seals Schwarzgelben win
A first-half barrage of attempts from Jurgen Klopp's men was to no avail but the Pole struck midway through the second half to secure all three points

308685_thumb.jpg

Guardiola: Gotze could make Bayern debut
The €37 million signing from Borussia Dortmund this summer is in line to face Nurnberg on Saturday while die Roten's coach is relishing a tough week ahead

303170_thumb.jpg

Klopp among best coaches in the world, says Sokratis
The defender has given a glowing assessment of his new coach while discussing his relationship with Mats Hummels and Neven Subotic

295441_thumb.jpg

Ribery fit for Nurnberg clash
The Frenchman missed last week's trip to Frankfurt with a minor ankle injury but will be able to take his place on the pitch for Saturday's Bavarian derby

276600_thumb.jpg

Lahm: Bundesliga teams are feared across Europe
The experienced defender has hailed the German top flight and feels their performances in recent years have commanded respect across the continent

202293_thumb.jpg

Raul snubbed Manchester United for Schalke, reveals agent
The 36-year-old had the option to continue his career in the Premier League three years ago, but preferred a move to the Bundesliga

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arsenal reject Schalke's Podolski-Uchida part-exchange offer

249139_heroa.jpg

Aug 23, 2013 7:00:00 PM

The Gunners have had a €7 million bid turned for the Japanese international but are unwilling to swap their German forward in exchange for the 25-year-old right-back

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Arsenal have told Schalke that Lukas Podolski is not for sale after he was suggested by the German club as part of an ambitious swap deal for defender Atsuto Uchida, Goal can reveal.

Talks have been held between the two clubs after the Gunners made a €7 million bid for Japanese right-back Uchida earlier this week, with Arsene Wenger sanctioning a flurry of moves for new signings.

But the straight cash offer was rejected by Schalke and a possible part-exchange deal involving Podolski has failed to get off the ground due to Wenger's reluctance to lose the Germany international.

The French boss is unwilling to sell the 28-year-old forward even though he has had a frustrating time at the Emirates Stadium since joining from Koln last year.

Podolski was omitted from the starting line-up for the Gunners’ 3-1 defeat to Aston Villa last weekend in favour of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but returned to the team for the 3-0 midweek win against Fenerbahce.

Goal revealed last week that Arsenal had targeted Uchida to provide defensive cover this season and be groomed as a long-term replacement for Bacary Sagna.

Wenger wants a right-back who can fit in with the Gunners’ playing style and challenge Carl Jenkinson for the first-team slot if Sagna leaves when his current agreement expires next summer.

The Frenchman re-opened contract talks with Arsenal earlier this month but there was no breakthrough and he is still expected to leave the north London club.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lewandowski: I said no to Jose, Sir Alex and Real Madrid here's why I chose to stay in the Bundesliga

By JOHN DRAYTON PUBLISHED: 09:45 GMT, 24 August 2013 | UPDATED: 10:36 GMT, 24 August 2013

Borussia Dortmund hitman Robert Lewandowski has revealed that he turned down Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid to stay in the Bundesliga. After speculation throughout the summer linking him with a number of clubs, including rivals Bayern Munich, Lewandowski has resolved his differences with Dortmund and has reportedly had his wages trebled. And the 25-year-old has shed light on the exchanges he had with other clubs during a frenzy of interest, which included a text from Jose Mourinho.

article-2401309-1B6EC1E4000005DC-12_634x393.jpg

On target: Lewandowski scored the winner for Dortmund in a 1-0 victory over Werder Bremen on Friday night

After scoring four goals against Real Madrid in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final, the 25-year-old received a message from Mourinho saying: 'I want you to join me in any club I go to.'Lewandowski told The Sun: 'I can confirm that I spoke to him [Mourinho]. We spoke a few times before. I have his number in my phone. It is a huge compliment for me that a manager with such a big name is texting me this way.'One year earlier I also spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson and that was definitely a great feeling.

article-2401309-197801AB000005DC-600_634x435.jpg

Quadruple: Lewandowski scored four against Real Madrid in the first leg of the Champions League semi-finals

'The retirement of Sir Alex didn't affect my decision not to come to England. He spoke to me one year ago, but it was not a good time.'The Premier League is huge of course, as is La Liga. But the Bundesliga has all the conditions, stadiums, fans and atmosphere to dominate for the next five years.' Lewandowski also confirmed that he met with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez in the Bernabeu moments after Dortmund sealed progression to the Champions League final.

article-2401309-1B667B16000005DC-268_634x370.jpg

The Special Text: Mourinho sent a message to Lewandowski moments after the Champions League semi-final

The Polish international enjoyed a sensational season, scoring 24 league goals and adding another 10 in the Champions League.It remains to be seen, however, whether Lewandowski will stay at Dortmund after his contract expires in 2014 or leave as a free agent.

Blade

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga: Bayern Munich 2 Nuremberg 0
24 August 2013

Bayern-Munichs-Arjen-Robb-008.jpg

Second-half goals from Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben saw Bayern Munich keep up their perfect Bundesliga start against Nuremberg on Saturday.

The champions dominated from the outset at the Allianz Arena but it took until after the hour for Ribery to open the scoring, and Robben added a superb second shortly after to make it three wins from three for Pep Guardiola's men.

Guardiola handed starts to close-season signings Mario Gotze and Thiago Alcantara for the clash at the Allianz Arena, with Gotze making his debut. Michael Wiesinger kept Hiroshi Kiyotake on the bench for Nuremberg.

Bayern unsurprisingly controlled the opening stages of the game, keeping possession from their Bavarian neighbours with ease as they probed for the opening goal.

However, it was the visitors - who have not won at Bayern for 21 years - who almost broke the deadlock against the run of play after 15 minutes as Daniel Ginczek’s thunderous strike was tipped onto the crossbar by Manuel Neuer.

Wingers Ribery and Robben both threatened for Bayern in glimpses, and the home fans thought they should have been awarded a penalty in the 24th minute. Mario Mandzukic was bundled over by Marvin Plattenhardt, but the hosts' protests were waved away by referee Felix Zwayer.

Bayern did not have to wait long for a penalty though as the official pointed to the spot seven minutes later after Robben was brought down while chasing a throughball.

However, David Alaba's weak effort from 12 yards was saved comfortably by Raphael Schafer.

The home side continued to dominate all aspects of the match after the break but for all their attacking intent, struggled to break down the stubborn Nuremberg defence.

Mandzukic's aerial ability offered a major threat for Bayern as they began opting for a more direct approach. A powerful header from the Croatia international almost opened the scoring shortly before the hour mark as Guardiola's side continued to pile on the pressure.

The Spaniard introduced Thomas Muller and Toni Kroos from the bench as Bayern looked to up the tempo and Muller was inches away from converting Robben's searching pass shortly after.

However, a sense of relief was felt throughout the stadium as Ribery finally got the breakthrough for the hosts in the 68th minute. With Wiesinger's men camped on the edge of their own area, a pin-point Philip Lahm cross allowed the France international to accurately guide a header past the helpless Schafer.

And Robben then sealed the three points nine minutes later with a fine solo effort. The Netherlands international coolly slotted the ball home from close range after jinking past three defenders down the right wing.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga Wrap: Eintracht Frankfurt bounce back, Stuttgart lose again
26 August 2013

ALeqM5hKuMV4MFxW_Qdo33fn3_caTJ4GYw

Eintracht Frankfurt bounced back from consecutive Bundesliga losses with a 2-0 success against Eintracht Braunschweig on Sunday.

Armin Veh's side, who finished sixth in the German top flight last term, were thrashed 6-1 by Hertha Berlin on the opening day of the season.

That was followed by a 1-0 home defeat to Bayern Munich but Frankfurt, who won in the first leg of their UEFA Europa League play-off against Qarabag on Thursday, claimed their first league triumph of the season in Braunschweig.

After a goalless first half, midfielder Alexander Meier broke the deadlock in the 52nd minute.

Meier, who was the third highest scorer in the Bundesliga last season, has already hit four goals in five matches in all competitions for his side in the current campaign.

Frankfurt's win was sealed in the 63rd minute when Stefan Aigner netted as the struggles for the newly promoted Braunschweig continued.

Braunschweig have now lost all of their three Bundesliga matches this season.

Sunday's other fixture saw Stuttgart also lose their third Bundesliga match in a row, as they were beaten 2-1 at Augsburg.

Halil Altintop and Jan Callsen-Bracker scored early for Augsburg, but Bosnian Vedad Ibisevic pulled a goal back just before half-time.

Stuttgart were reduced to 10 men when Guinea international Ibrahima Traore was sent off in the 70th minute, just after coming off the bench.

And they were unable to score a late equaliser, increasing the pressure on coach Bruno Labbadia.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

309283_thumb.jpg

Lahm: I'm different under Pep
The club captain is content with how the treble-winners are adapting under their new boss and believes his own role within the side has changed

269368_thumb.jpg

Stocker's Schalke switch hinges on Champions League qualification
The Switzerland international's move to Gelsenkirchen is close to completion - but the proposed transfer is dependent upon the German outfit overcoming PAOK

305083_thumb.jpg

Bayern's Thiago out for seven weeks
The 22-year-old sustained torn ligaments in the 2-0 victory over Nurnberg on Saturday, and the German giants have since confirmed the star will miss nearly two months

307972_thumb.jpg

Rummenigge urges Europe to recognise Ribery talent
The Bayern Munich CEO has hailed the France winger, with the winner of Uefa's Best Player in Europe award announced on Thursday ahead of the Super Cup final

308960_thumb.jpg

Bundesliga: Nine-man Schalke suffer defeat
Jens Keller's side still await victory, while there were wins for Bayer Leverkusen, Mainz and Hertha Berlin along with a six-goal thriller between Hoffenheim and Freiburg

303899_thumb.jpg

Guardiola lauds decisive Ribery and Robben pace
The Spanish coach had his talismanic duo to thanks for extending the Bavarians' perfect start to the season

298833_thumb.jpg

Schalke reject Celtic bid for Pukki
The Finnish forward has attracted the interest of the Scottish champions, but his current employers have rebuffed the Hoops' opening offer

308940_thumb.jpg

Bayern Munich 2-0 Nurnberg: Robbery saves Alaba's blushes
Goals from Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben ensure the Bavarians' winning start to the season continues following the full-back's missed spotkick

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga celebrates its 50th birthday

308716_heroa.jpg

By Craig Turnbull25
Aug 24, 2013 10:00:00 AM

The German top division launched half a century ago to the day and, unsurprisingly, it is Bayern Munich's records and trophy haul that stand out the most

Saturday marks the 50th anniversary of the Bundesliga, which has firmly established himself as one of the game's greatest domestic competitions over the past half-century.

August 24, 1963 witnessed the first ever Bundesliga match, between Werder Bremen and Borussia Dortmund. Timo Konietzka had the honour of scoring the first ever goal, putting BVB ahead after just a minute of action, but Bremen would ultimately prevail, 3-2.

Perhaps, then, it was apt that the two sides who kicked off the Bundesliga would meet again almost 50 years to the day to start the celebrations. However, it would be Dortmund's fans who would be cheering the loudest this time around, following a 1-0 victory over Bremen on Friday night that came courtesy of a solitary strike from Robert Lewandowski.

The Pole, though, has some way to go before he can think about catching the Bundesliga's all-time goalscorer Gerd Muller, whose renowned predatory instincts saw him rack up 365 goals - a top flight record that does not look like getting beaten any time soon, with Claudio Pizarro, the only player still playing today in the top 10 all-time list, currently on 166 goals.

'Der Bomber' was part of the supremely successful Bayern Munich side which won four German league titles between 1969 and 1974, not to mention three European Cups in the 1970s. And it is die Roten who have claimed the most titles, with a grand total of 22, with closest rivals Dortmund and Borussia Monchengladbach sharing five a piece.

Bayern seemed to have broken all sorts of records last season in an unprecedented treble-winning campaign under Jupp Heynckes, including most points won in a season, but there are still some records which remain.

Somewhat surprisingly perhaps, BVB were on the receiving end of the heaviest defeat in Bundesliga history, losing 12-0 to Gladbach during the 1977-78 season, while a special mention must go to Hamburg for having competed in all 50 seasons of the Bundesliga.