• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2013-14 ║

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

89772_thumb.jpg

Aubameyang: Ronaldo is my role model
The Gabon international says he idolised the Brazil legend and needs to adapt to playing more defensively in order to become a top-class player

262934_thumb.jpg

Bayern need to be more compact, says Beckenbauer
The ex-Germany coach was not impressed with the Bavarians' victory against Borussia Monchengladbach on Friday, but hailed Mario Gotze as an "exceptional" player

299313_thumb.jpg

Luiz Gustavo open to Arsenal move
The Gunners have agreed a fee with Bayern Munich for the Brazilian midfielder, who has now admitted that a move to the Emirates would benefit his career

299652_thumb.jpg

Low backs 'indispensable' Podolski to shine for Germany
The Mannschaft boss says the Arsenal attacker can still play a vital role in the team despite the added competition from team-mates and dissenting voices from critics

304061_thumb.jpg

Muller to relinquish penalty duties to Alaba
The Germany international has conceded that he might no longer be first choice following his miss from the spot on Friday

304273_thumb.jpg

Marcelo brings Champions League experience to Hannover, says Dufner
The club's sporting director is relishing the prospect of the former Santos centre-back adding some experience to their defence as he swaps life in the Eredivisie for Germany

304467_thumb.jpg

Aubameyang will always score, says Dortmund's Zorc
BVB's sporting director was blown away by the Gabonese international's debut and believes the striker is capable of producing goals week in, week out in the Bundesliga

226903_thumb.jpg

Diego would 'love' Atletico return
The 28-year-old says he retains a strong affinity with the Rojiblancos and would jump at the opportunity to go back to the Vicente Calderon

254544_thumb.jpg

The door remains open for Kiessling return, claims Bierhoff
The 29-year-old striker has not been called upon by his country since 2010 but has been told that he still has a chance of travelling to Brazil

304261_thumb.jpg

Aubameyang savours 'dream' Dortmund debut
The 24-year-old joined BVB from Saint-Etienne this summer and marked his first game for the club with three goals

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gotze: I understand Dortmund fans' frustration

301691_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts315
Aug 12, 2013 8:30:00 AM

The attacking midfielder accepts the BVB faithful's anger over his transfer, but has urged the supporters to also look at it from his point of view

Mario Gotze has admitted that he understands the anger of Borussia Dortmund fans following his €37 million summer move to Bayern Munich.

The Germany international's decision to leave BVB for one of their biggest rivals caused uproar among Dortmund supporters, yet the 21-year-old feels people should also look at it from his perspective.

"I can definitely understand their frustration. I played for Dortmund for quite a while and then joined Bayern. A lot of fans simply don't like that. I can understand their feelings," the attacking midfielder told ZDF.

"One should also look at it from my side, though. I want to keep on developing as a player. People should look at it from that angle, too.

"It was a combination of things that convinced me to join Bayern. There were a lot of reasons for me. The coach, the club and I wanted to try something new."

Gotze made his Bayern debut in the 4-1 friendly win over Gyor on Sunday, netting twice during his 30 minutes on the pitch.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Convicted Breno to coach Bayern reserves

275827_heroa.jpg

By Harry Slavin27
Aug 12, 2013 7:37:00 AM

The jailed centre-back will begin his reintroduction to society by taking coaching sessions for FCB's second string and he may even get the chance to play

Ex-Bayern Munich defender Breno is to link up with his former employers to take up a coaching role with the reserve side during his day release from prison it has been revealed.

The Brazilian was sentenced to three years and nine months behind bars back in July 2012 after being convicted of arson having set fire to his rented villa.

However a spokesman for Stadelheim prison in Munich, where Breno is serving his sentence, revealed he was due to start day release and that the former Sao Paulo player will be aiding Dremmler Wolfgang in his role of Head of Youth Performance at the club.

“With this step, Breno has the chance to re-integrate himself back into society as soon as possible,” the spokesman told Focus magazine.

The representative from Stadelheim prison went on to deny that any offer of work had been made to Breno by either Nuremberg or Sao Paulo, as had been reported, stating that, “this was never the case".

There is also an opportunity that Breno could potentially end up playing for Bayern's second string while on release, as the defender has done his best to stay in shape while on the inside.

“Breno is as fit as a prison inmate can be” added the spokesman.

The defender will still be expected to return to the prison in the evening to sleep and the prison is aware of how important it is to protect the former professional during his initial release.

“We must be able to protect Breno from the media frenzy.”

The prison’s decision to grant Breno day release has come amidst calls for him to be released entirely, including a plea from Brazilian national coach Luis Felipe Scolari, who suggested the player should be allowed to return to his native Brazil only last week.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not your average Brazilian midfielder' - Arsenal target Luiz Gustavo

267629_heroa.jpg

Aug 12, 2013 4:30:00 PM

The 26-year-old will leave Bayern Munich this summer in order to earn his rightful place in Brazil's midfield at next summer's World Cup, with Arsene Wenger set to benefit

By Peter Staunton

Arsene Wenger has shown a predilection for German football in recent seasons. He raided the youth academies of Stuttgart and Borussia Dortmund for Serge Ngabry and Thomas Eisfeld, while also signing established internationals in the shape of Lukas Podolski and Per Mertesacker.

In Luiz Gustavo Arsenal are set to sign a player who is well steeped in German football culture, having lived in the country since his teenage years. "Discipline, punctuality, and the way people always behave properly and honestly," was Gustavo's response when questioned as to what he admires about Germans upon his arrival at Bayern. At one stage he even mooted the possibility of representing die Nationalmannschaft at senior level.

THE VIEW FROM GERMANY
Falko Bloeding | Goal Germany

Luiz Gustavo leaving Bayern has been likely ever since Pep Guardiola's prodigy Thiago Alcantara came in from Barcelona.

There is just too little space in die Roten's midfield, especially with Pep going with a 4-1-4-1 formation.

Gustavo showed at the Confededations Cup in Brazil what he is capable of, yet in Munich he has to compete with Thiago, club icon Bastian Schweinsteger and record signing Javi Martinez.

A move to England is not a bad thing for Gustavo, who could establish himself at one of Europe's best clubs and therefore play the number of matches that Luiz Felipe Scolari wants him to play ahead of the World Cup. Many Bayern fans will be sad to see him go, since he almost never had a really bad match. Competition just got too fierce for him.

Luiz Gustavo, then, is more than simply a Brazilian central midfielder. He is the progeny of two distinct football philosophies. As he said himself on the day he joined Bayern: "I could probably pull off a few tricks with the ball, but it’s not my style. I prefer things simple but effective."

Despite a hard-earned and well-deserved reputation, Gustavo has now fallen quickly down the pecking order at Bayern Munich and is destined to join Wenger at the Emirates Stadium. That Bayern signed, in successive summers, Javi Martinez and Thiago Alcantara means there is space for Gustavo no longer. His versatility was lauded upon his arrival but is worth no extra credit now at Sabener Strasse.

Pep Guardiola is attempting to reinvent Bayern in his own image and instead of fielding two players deep in midfield, like his predecessors Jupp Heynckes and Louis van Gaal, is using only one. Bastian Schweinsteiger occupied that position on Friday night in the Bundesliga against Borussia Monchengladbach while Jan Kirchhoff fortified the midfield positions late on from the bench.

Martinez, coveted by Guardiola while he was in charge of Barcelona, and Thiago, a star pupil of the Barca finishing school, will feature heavily in the central positions while Toni Kroos remains a viable option. In any combination, it is evident that there will be scant opportunity for Gustavo to shine.

That would be a disaster for the 26-year-old, whose international career has prospered while his club stock has stalled. Initially selected for a friendly in August 2011, appropriately enough against Germany, Gustavo has gone on to establish himself as a first-choice player alongside Paulinho in a system that is similar - in a rudimentary sense - to that of Bayern under Heynckes. Given the talent and weight of numbers in and around the Brazil team under Luiz Felipe Scolari, Gustavo requires regular club action in order to safeguard his place. Bayern cannot offer that for him in a crucial World Cup season.

Wolfsburg, the other candidates for his signature, quite simply are undeserving of his presence in this stage of their development. This, after all, is a player who won everything there was to win last season for club and country, although he did not feature as often as he would have liked for Bayern, owing to the increased competition provided by Martinez. Perhaps due to his humble, unassuming nature, his technical quality can be obscured owing to the presence of more flamboyant team-mates like Franck Ribery and Neymar. He is a functional player and one who permits the attacking threats around him to flourish.

What was brought to wider appreciation during the course of the Confederations Cup were Gustavo's chief strengths. He thrives on responsibility, recycling balls and effectively retaining possession for his side. While Paulinho could be regarded as the more dynamic of Brazil's pivot, Gustavo is no less accomplished in possession. He has an accurate range of passing, short or long. He also boasts positional discipline and match instinct that carries him to vital areas of action. He is also capable of firing in a goal or two with a whiplash left foot when the opportunity arises. Gustavo has also deputised throughout his career in Germany as a central defender and his capabilities at left-back have also been noted. Aggression in the tackle forms a big part of his defensive armoury and as a consequence of that he retains a tendency to be booked often.

But this, doubtlessly, is a player who will add to Arsenal's play. Complementing Mikel Arteta, Gustavo is the right kind of player to provide responsibility and assurance in the Gunners' midfield. Arsenal, like Bayern, routinely dominate the possession statistics of matches and need a sure-footed insurance policy in the centre of the field when moves break down. It is an asset they currently cannot claim to have.

The man regarded in certain quarters as a German Arsene Wenger, Ralf Rangnick, resigned from his job as Hoffenheim coach owing to the sale of Gustavo in the winter of 2011. Now the man himself is about to see what the fuss was about.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gomez: I lost interest in titles at Bayern

299332_heroa.jpg

By Miles Chambers86
Aug 13, 2013 6:16:00 PM

The forward, who chose to leave the Allianz Arena this summer for an estimated €16 million, reveals his reasoning behind joining the Viola

Fiorentina striker Mario Gomez has revealed that he lost interest in winning titles with Bayern Munich and wanted to test himself in a new country.

The Germany international, 28, joined the Viola for an estimated €16 million this summer following a year plagued by an injury then being mostly benched as Bavarians romped to treble success under Jupp Heynckes.

Pep Guardiola's arrival did not change his situation and the forward has said that his departure from the Allianz Arena was down to a desire to learn a new language in Italy and try out football in Serie A.

"I hope everything goes well [at Fiorentina]," he told SID. "Maybe one year from now, we'll sit here and realise it was a bad decision. But I expect it to work out.

"[Fiorentina] is exactly the kind of challenge that I've been looking for.

"I thought to myself: 'I can stick with Bayern, maybe sit on the bench for three years and win three more titles, or I can develop as a person and a player.'

"Of course it was tough to leave Bayern. But I envisioned playing in Italy since I was a child.

"Some people might not understand this, because they define themselves with winning titles. But maybe, towards the end of a career, it's nice to master a new language instead of winning more titles."

Gomez could get his first taste of competitive football with Fiorentina on August 22 - the first leg of the Europa League play-off round before the group stages of the competition - before his new side's Serie A campaign kicks off on August 25 at home to Catania.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Marcelo ready for step up in class with Hannover

48589.jpg

Aug 14, 2013 12:10:00 AM

The Brazilian says the Bundesliga is of a 'higher' level than the Eredivisie and is looking forward to the challenge of trying to prove himself at the AWD-Arena

New Hannover signing Marcelo says that he will relish what he feels is a clear step up in class after leaving the Eredivisie for the Bundesliga.

The Brazilian has just arrived at the AWD-Arena from PSV, having signed a four-year deal with Mirko Slomka's side on Saturday.

However, Marcelo claims to have already noticed a difference in quality - after just one training session with his new team-mates.

"Well my first impression here was really really good," the defender explained. "The players gave me a great welcome, and in the training I can see that the players have a lot of quality and I think it was a great [session].

"This is the Bundesliga here, so you know the level is much higher. But I was thankful for a new challenge in my life; that's why I chose to move away now.

"I had a great time in PSV so it was really the time to make a new start in my life."

Marcelo, who is a Santos youth academy product, first came to Europe in 2008, spending two years with Wisla Krakow before joining PSV.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ribery: I considered joining Barcelona

299027_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts103
Aug 14, 2013 9:00:00 AM

The Frenchman recently signed a new deal with Bayern, but he has revealed that he could very well have ended up at the Camp Nou side

Franck Ribery has admitted that he considered leaving Bayern Munich for Barcelona in the summer of 2009, but eventually opted to honour his ongoing contract and stay put.

The France international was also strongly linked with Real Madrid a few years ago, but he has now revealed that the Santiago Bernabeu side were not the only Spanish side pursuing him.

"My France team-mate Eric Abidal, who played under Pep Guardiola at Barcelona, approached me in 2008-09," Ribery was quoted as saying by Sport Bild.

"Of course, I did consider joining Barcelona at the time. They had the best team in the world back then.

"It was not an easy situation. I had an ongoing contract with Bayern and I have always respected the club, also because of Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness, who are very important to me.

"I first spoke to Guardiola after our Champions League exit in 2009. He approached me after the 1-1 in Munich to congratulate me with my performance and told me I'm the best. That meant a lot to me."

Ribery, 30, stated earlier this year that he intends to end his career at Bayern and recently signed a contract extension until June 2017.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

14.08.2013 13:03:58

DRAXLER ON THE MEND

5ac17819Draxler3.jpg

Julian Draxler is on the road to recovery following a nasty-looking ankle injury sustained against Hamburg last weekend

Gelsenkirchen - FC Schalke 04 fans can breathe a collective sigh of relief with the news that attacking midfielder Julian Draxler has returned to light training.

The 19-year-old was forced off the pitch after just 23 minutes of the Royal Blues' opneing Bundesliga fixture against Hamburger SV on Sunday after an awkward challenge on his ankle, but the club tweeted on Wednesday that he is now able to jog.

The injury was serious enough to force the Schalke No10 pull out of Germany's squad to face Paraguay on Wednesday, but the new development has sparked optimism that he may yet feature against Wolfsburg on Saturday.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

306258_thumb.jpg

Di Santo: Pizarro recommended Bremen
The Argentina international sought advice from his former Chelsea team-mate before agreeing a three-year deal with the Bundesliga outfit

304117_thumb.jpg

Gotze set to make Bayern bow
The Germany international made his return from a thigh injury in a friendly last weekend and could make his competitive debut for die Roten at the Commerzbank-Arena

306211_thumb.jpg

Contento: I will not cause any problems at Bayern
The former Germany Under-21 player wants regular first team action, but has stressed that he has no intentions of causing any controversy

299902_thumb.jpg

Wolfsburg confirm Bayern Munich's Gustavo capture
The holding midfielder has opted against a move to Arsenal and will continue his career at the 2008-09 Bundesliga champions

300322_thumb.jpg

Weidenfeller dreams of World Cup berth
The 33-year-old has yet to be capped by his country but he has been offered some encouragement by die Mannschaft boss Joachim Low

302630_thumb.jpg

Chelsea new-boy Schurrle: Don't compare me to Marin
The 22-year-old is determined to make a name for himself in the Premier League following his summer move from the Bundesliga, unlike his compatriot, who struggled for an impact

269368_thumb.jpg

Schalke agree terms with Basel winger Stocker
The Switzerland international is ready to sign a four-year contract with die Knappen but his current employers are demanding €6 million for his services

304071_thumb.jpg

I don't fear Gotze competition, says Robben
The winger is keen to play alongside the former Dortmund star and thinks Franck Ribery deserves to win Uefa's Best Player in Europe award

286316_thumb.jpg

Eriksen's agent confirms Italy interest
The 21-year-old's representative claims teams from Germany and the Serie A have made contact this summer but says he won't leave for second best

303836_thumb.jpg

Kirchhoff: Pep's planning is meticulous
The 22-year-old joined Bayern Munich from Mainz in the summer and, as well as praising his coach's methods, he hopes to learn from his new team-mates

279608_thumb.jpg

Arsenal re-open Sagna talks & target Uchida
Arsene Wenger makes an effort to reinforce his defence, with the Schalke right-back seen as a long-term successor to the Frenchman in competition with Carl Jenkinson

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gundogan ruled out until September

221435_heroa.jpg

By Miles Chambers47
Aug 15, 2013 5:30:00 PM

The Germany international aggravated a back problem against Paraguay and is not expected to return for Borussia Dortmund until next month

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan has been ruled out of action for a fortnight with a back injury.

The Germany international had to be withdrawn during the Euro 2012 semi-finalists' 3-3 draw with Paraguay on Wednesday night due to discomfort in his spinal region.

Further tests upon his return to Dortmund's training ground have clarified the issue and he is expected be sidelined until the end of August, meaning he will miss Bundesliga clashes with Eintracht Braunschweig and Werder Bremen.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is expected to be out for two weeks after limping off during Germany's friendly against Paraguay on Wednesday night.

"His back problems, which are a result of a spinal compression, have increased, according to BVB team doctor Markus Braun."

Gundogan will be hoping he can make a full recovery in time for Jurgen Klopp's men's trip to Eintracht Frankfurt on September 1 before another international window opens up.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wolfsburg confirm Bayern Munich's Gustavo capture

299902_heroa.jpg

Aug 16, 2013 9:08:00 AM

The holding midfielder has opted against a move to Arsenal and will continue his career at the 2008-09 Bundesliga champions

Wolfsburg have announced they have secured the services of Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich for an undisclosed fee, beating Arsenal to the signature of the Brazil international.

The 26-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the 2008-09 Bundesliga champions and will be officially presented later on Friday.

Gustavo was keen to leave Bayern after he was deemed surplus to requirements by head coach Pep Guardiola following the arrival of Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona earlier this transfer window.

He had also caught the attention of Arsenal and the Premier League giants had a €20 million offer accepted for Gustavo, however, the midfielder has decided to stay in the Bundesliga.

Gustavo had joined Bayern from Hoffenheim in January 2011, making over 60 Bundesliga appearances for the Allianz Arena side, where he also won the treble in 2012-13.

The Brazilian midfielder joins compatriots Naldo, Diego and Felipe Lopes at Wolfsburg.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gotze Twitter account hacked

295275_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle21
Aug 16, 2013 3:57:00 PM

The Germany international took to Facebook to explain that he had not been responsible for any of the strange messages that had come from page

Bayern Munich playmaker Mario Gotze has confirmed that his Twitter account was hacked, after a series of bizarre posts about Marouane Chamakh appeared on his profile.

The Germany international had seemingly expressed his support for the Crystal Palace striker as the winner of this year's Ballon d'Or, claiming that Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi "do not have a chance" of landing the prestigious award.

However, Gotze, who is set to make his Bayern debut against Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday, took to Facebook later in the day to explain the strange nature of some of 'his' posts.

"Hi guys, today my Twitter Account got hacked," the 21-year-old wrote on the social media site. "All postings and Tweets have been completely nonsense!!! From now on it's me personally who is active again."

The post "full-time traitor" also appeared on Gotze's account, which was an apparent reference to the 21-year-old's controversial summer switch from Borussia Dortmund to Allianz Arena.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gomis yearns for Bundesliga switch

306377_heroa.jpg

By Alex Moretto15
Aug 17, 2013 12:14:00 AM

The 28-year-old has his heart set on a move to Germany after a potential switch to Newcastle fell through

Bafetimbi Gomis hopes to continue his playing career in the Bundesliga, according to Olympique Lyonnais president Jean-Michel Aulas.

Newcastle have been at the front of the queue for his signature but stumbling blocks over the move - including the sale of Lisandro Lopez - mean the 28-year-old remains a Lyon player.

Aulas has confirmed the striker is yet to receive an offer he would be happy to accept, but revealed that Germany would be his ideal destination should he depart the Ligue 1 club.

“The Bafetimbi situation is still complex," he told reporters after Lyon's 3-1 win over Sochaux on Friday.

“There are currently no offers that match what he wants. He wants to play in Germany.

“If you look at the interest of both parties, it is that Bafetimbi comes back in the team and helps us in our hopes of qualifying for the Champions League.”

The striker has been with the club for four years, scoring 72 goals in all competitions, but his indecision has Aulas growing increasingly frustrated.

“Life is often much harder than a footballer’s one, who seeks to change a club, but can return to his team," he continued.

“We need to know quickly what he will do. The situation has been sufficiently described and discussed.

“For now, the players on the field are getting the job done.”

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mkhitaryan fit to make Dortmund debut

294325_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle35
Aug 16, 2013 6:36:00 PM

The Armenian, who arrived at Signal Iduna Park from Shakhtar Donetsk earlier this summer, has recovered from the ankle injury that curtailed his pre-season preparations

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Henrikh Mkhitaryan is in contention to make his competitive debut in Sunday's clash with Eintracht Braunschweig.

The Armenia international sat out last weekend's Bundesliga opener against Augsburg with an ankle injury sustained in pre-season but the summer signing from Shakhtar Donestk is available for selection.

"Henrikh is part of the squad," Klopp confirmed at a press conference on Friday. "Before yesterday, we had a 70-minute game amongst ourselves.

"He looked better and more sure of himself from minute to minute. He looked fairly decent."

Mkhitaryan, who is Dortmund's record purchase at €27.5 million, was signed to replace Mario Gotze, who departed for Bayern Munich earlier this summer, but Klopp was reluctant to compare the two players.

"He's a very good player, but a different type of player [to Gotze]."

Dortmund's meeting with the newly-promoted Eintracht Braunschweig is scheduled to get under way at 17:30CET on Sunday.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga Preview: Borussia Dortmund v Eintracht Braunschweig
16 August 2013

357869header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund will be fancied to continue their perfect start to the season when they host Eintracht Braunschweig on Sunday.

Juergen Klopp's side have won all three of their competitive fixtures this season, following up a 4-2 German Super Cup triumph over Bayern Munich with a 3-0 success against Wilhelmshaven in the DFB-Pokal and a 4-0 Bundesliga victory over Augsburg.

New signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was the star of the show against Augsburg, announcing his arrival with a hat-trick in the one-sided affair.

The 24-year-old Gabon international, who joined from Saint-Etienne, produced an outstanding individual performance that impressed his fans and team-mates alike as he became just the sixth player to score three goals on his Bundesliga debut.

"He scored three but what impressed me most of all was his defensive work, his work rate," Turkish midfielder Nuri Sahin said.

Aubameyang's partnership with want-away Pole Robert Lewandowski was crucial in the win.

Dortmund have stood firm in the close-season despite Lewandowski's desire to leave, and their stance could pay dividends this campaign.

He scored and provided one assist in the big win, and Eintracht Braunschweig will have their hands full against the 24-year-old.

One player who will not feature for Klopp's men is midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, who is set to miss a fortnight after straining his spine in Germany's 3-3 friendly draw against Paraguay on Wednesday.

Dortmund will enter the match as firm favourites after newly promoted Eintracht Braunschweig slumped to a 1-0 home defeat to Werder Bremen last week.

Torsten Lieberknecht's side were valiant in that fixture, but saw their return to the top flight after a 28-year absence spoiled by a late Zlatko Junuzovic goal.

Braunschweig have an inexperienced Bundesliga squad and have not been helped by the injury sustained by Congo striker Dominick Kumbela.

Kumbela was the top scorer in the second tier last term with 19 goals, firing his side to promotion, but has been sidelined since undergoing a thigh operation in May.

Midfielder Marco Caligiuri joined in the close-season from Mainz to give them experience, while Canada international Simeon Jackson moved from Norwich City to sign with the club.

He could cause Dortmund problems with his pace but the 2012-13 UEFA Champions League finalists carry an even greater attacking threat.

Montagut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Wrap: Narrow Bayern win keeps Frankfurt bottom

18 August 2013

306707_heroa.jpg

Eintract Frankfurt remain rooted to the bottom of the Bundesliga after a narrow 1-0 defeat to champions Bayern Munich on Saturday.

Mario Mandzukic's goal after 13 minutes was enough to ensure Pep Guardiola's men kept up their winning start to the season at the Commerzbank-Arena having beaten Borussia Monchengladbach in their first game.

However, the result leaves Frankfurt propping up the table on goal difference after their 6-1 thumping at the hands of Hertha Berlin in their opener.

Leverkusen also enjoyed a 1-0 win but needed a first-half own goal from Daniel Schwaab to secure all three points at Stuttgart and move them joint-top with Bayern.

Braces from Roberto Firmino and Anthony Modeste helped Hoffenheim to a 5-1 victory over Hamburg, and that emphatic scoreline was enough to push Markus Gisdol's fifth in the table - two points behind Werder Bremen, who also gained three points.

Mehmet Ekici's goal after 23 minutes was enough to give them the win against Augsburg, who remain in 17th place without a win or a goal so far in 2013-14.

Elsewhere, Schalke's disappointing start to the season continued, as they conceded four goals in 35 second-half minutes away at Wolfsburg.

Monchengladbach bounced back after their opening-day defeat at the Allianz Arena to hit three past Hannover without reply. Max Kruse, Christoph Kramer and Filip Daems were the men on the scoresheet for Lucien Favre's side.

Meanwhile, a late Sebastian Freis goal proved insufficient for Freiburg as they slipped to their second defeat of the season, losing 2-1 at home to Mainz.

Flake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Wrap: Dortmund move top, Hertha held
19 August 2013

307022_heroa.jpg

Borussia Dortmund moved top of the Bundesliga on Sunday with a 2-1 victory over Eintracht Braunschweig at Signal Iduna Park.

New signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan made his top-flight debut for Dortmund, with last season's runners-up frustrated for much of the game as they struggled to break down the visitors' defence.

However, Jurgen Klopp's men eventually edged ahead thanks to second-half goals from two substitutes.

Jonas Hofmann, who came on for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, was the first to strike after 75 minutes before Jakub Blaszczykowski's replacement, Marco Reus, added another from the penalty spot.

Kevin Kratz grabbed a late goal for the visitors from a corner but this proved to be no more than a consolation.

The result leaves Dortmund top of the pile, while Braunschweig are still waiting for their first win back since their return to the Bundesliga.

Sunday's other game saw a four-goal thriller at the Grundig-Stadion, as Nuremberg and Hertha Berlin drew 2-2.

After their 6-1 win against Eintracht Frankfurt a week ago, Hertha found themselves a goal down at half-time thanks to a Josip Drmic effort in the 40th minute.

However, it looked as though the newly promoted side may pick up consecutive wins when Sami Allagui and Ronny put them 2-1 ahead.

It was not to be though, as Hiroshi Kiyotake struck a minute from time to claim a second consecutive draw for his side.

Nuremberg now sit in 11th place after two games, while Jos Luhukay's side are sixth.

Flake

Alfrescian
Loyal

307003_thumb.jpg

Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Eintracht Braunschweig: Late rally seals points for BVB
Two second-half goals were enough to give BVB a narrow win at Signal Iduna Park on Sunday

203079_thumb.jpg

Sammer rages at Spain over Martinez
The Bayern Munich midfielder was forced to sit out his side's 1-0 win over Frankfurt on Saturday and the club's sporting director has slammed the RFEF

293873_thumb.jpg

Klose eager to end Juventus curse
The German believes the Supercoppa clash is the perfect stage to net his first goal against the Bianconeri, while Vladimir Petkovic has called for courage in Sunday's meeting

303818_thumb.jpg

Bayern struggled for fitness, admits Robben
The Dutchman was thrilled his side were able to grind out a result after the tiring international break, although Toni Kroos feels they should have won more comfortably

303899_thumb.jpg

Guardiola satisfied with narrow Bayern victory
The Roten coach was pleased with what he saw in Saturday's win over Frankfurt, while goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is happy despite admitting they were not at their best

306524_thumb.jpg

Eintracht Frankfurt 0-1 Bayern Munich: Mandzukic strike seals hard-fought win
The Croatian forward's goal was the only difference in the Bundesliga champions' first away game of the season

306511_thumb.jpg

Celtic boss Lennon eyes Pukki to replace Hooper
The SPL champions lost their star striker to Norwich earlier this summer but confirmed they have made a bid for the Bundesliga forward as they search for a replacement

304686_thumb.jpg

'Messi & Ronaldo scored more, but I won the treble' - Ribery
Ahead of the Uefa Player of the Year award being handed out, the Bayern Munich winger has criticised Thomas Muller's absence and talked up his own chances of winning

306416_thumb.jpg

Klopp slams international schedule
The 46-year-old coach has voiced his frustration with the absence of numerous first team players throughout the week

Montagut

Alfrescian
Loyal
KotexFreedom said:
I'm a freeloader and a loser because i don't make soccer predictions while lurking in this forum for soccer tips. When results don't go my way, the world owes me a living sigh
That explains your fucked up character in this forum and your life. :biggrin:

KotexFreedom said:
i am a moron :(

Also a gong cheebye because ultimately the forum host is the one who allowed the football betting advertisers here. fuck u. lol

Banner sponsorship has reached a level where all the monthly overheads are now covered. I would like to thank all those here for helping to make this happen.