• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║║ La Liga Season 2012-13 ║║

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Exit rumours are 'nonsense', says Mourinho

By Enis Koylu
Mar 20, 2013 7:00:00 AM

264782hp2.jpg

It had been reported that the Portuguese had agreed to leave Real Madrid in the summer but the 50-year-old has denied such claims

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has moved to deny reports that he has agreed a deal to leave the club in the summer.

The 50-year-old has long been linked with a Santiago Bernabeu exit amid rumours of a rift with captain Iker Casillas and vice-skipper Sergio Ramos.

And while the former Inter coach has admitted that it is hard to be Portuguese in Spain, he was quick to emphasise that he has no plan to leave at the season's end.

"That's nonsense," he told RTP1.

"I have not agreed or signed anything which says I am to leave Real Madrid. The group at Real Madrid are as good as any other that I have had.

"I don't read the Spanish press, I don't watch Spanish television. It's hard to be Portuguese in Spain. Nothing affects me, nothing disturbs me, nothing motivates more than my own drive.

"I never felt that being Portuguese was either positive or negative in England or Italy."

Madrid face Galatasaray in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, and while Mourinho feels there is plenty of competition in Europe this season, he believes his side can claim the trophy.

"We can win the Champions League," he added. "There are at least five candidates to win the Champions League."

The former Porto boss went on to discuss the life of a coach, and while he is happy about how his career so far, he admitted there are draw backs to the job.

"You can be the best coach in the world at some point, but that doesn't make a career. My career is long and I've had success.

"I wasn't at home for my son's birthday. I had a game in Granada. There are some moments you miss. If I wasn't a coach, I would be a teacher. I'm a good husband, a good son, a good friend, a good father."

Mourinho's rivalry with Barcelona goes back to his days at Chelsea, and while he feels his record against the Blaugrana has improved of late, his sides were hindered by the number of red cards they received.

"With Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid we played against Barcelona several times with 10 men. Barcelona have doubts about us now that they did not have two years ago."

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fifa hits back in Mourinho fix row

Mar 20, 2013 12:00:00 PM

254272hp2.jpg

The world game's governing body has responded after the Real Madrid coach's suggestion that the voting process for the 2012 Coach of the Year award was flawed

By Kris Voakes

Fifa has defended the integrity of its World Coach of the Year award in the wake of Jose Mourinho's extraordinary claim that the process was fixed.

The Real Madrid coach said in a TV interview on Tuesday that he was right not to attend the 2012 Ballon d'Or Gala, highlighting an apparent adjustment of voters' submissions which he suggested had compromised his hopes of winning the award given to the year's outstanding boss.

Mourinho told Record: "Do I regret not attending the gala? No, it was the right decision.

"They called me more than once. Two or three people said they voted for me but they appeared in another vote so I decided not to go."

But Fifa has responded by claiming Mourinho is wide of the mark in his assessment votes were altered.

A spokesperson for the world game's governing body told Goal.com: "We can confirm that the list of votes published on Fifa.com is accurate."

The Fifa website provides an exhaustive list of votes from the captains, coaches and media representatives of all of its member nations, and Mourinho, who was nominated, failed to get enough votes as Spain's coach Vicente del Bosque, who led La Roja to a third successive international triumph at Euro 2012, emerged victorious.

Mourinho also claimed his Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo should have won the Ballon d'Or, rather than defending champion Lionel Messi.

"Cristiano should have won the award to the best player in the world," he told RTP1. "He was champion in La Liga, he was decisive in the league with all the records."

Ronaldo scored 46 of the Blancos' 121 goals as they marched to the Primera Division title in 2011-12 ahead of Messi's Barcelona.

Gestapo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Busquets: I would sign Ramos for Barcelona
The Blaugrana midfielder praised his Real Madrid opponent and Spain team-mate, while Javi Garcia hopes Xavi can be fit for their World Cup qualifiers against Finland and France

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

265466_thumb.jpg

Mourinho backs 'honest' Pandev in coaching vote controversy
The Napoli star insisted that he voted for the Portuguese rather than Vicente del Bosque in the Coach of the Year award, despite Fifa's claims to the contrary

265872_thumb.jpg

Barcelona sweating over Jordi Alba fitness
The former Valencia wing-back could face a spell on the sidelines after he picked up a thigh injury while away on international duty

259755_thumb.jpg

Ramos: Mourinho is ideal for Real Madrid
The defender says the Portuguese is the best man for the job, while dismissing rumours of a bust-up between Barcelona and Real Madrid players in the Spain camp

265362_thumb.jpg

Malaga's next two games are vital, says Piazon
The on-loan midfielder sees the upcoming fixtures away to Rayo Vallecano and Real Sociedad as crucial to Los Boquerones' top four ambitions

264580_thumb.jpg

Villa: Vilanova and Abidal are a lesson in life
The striker says his previous problems with a broken leg have been put into perspective by the pair's respective battles with illness

192517_thumb.jpg

Ramos set to become youngest European player to win 100 caps
The Real Madrid defender will reach three figures for Spain this evening in La Roja's World Cup qualifier against Finland, beating Lukas Podolski's previous mark by 21 days

174427_thumb.jpg

Simeone tips Borussia Dortmund for Champions League glory
The Argentine coach says the German club will win the competition, whilst outlining his vision for his own side after penning a new contract

247753_thumb.jpg

Vidal: I would like Sanchez to join Juventus
The former Leverkusen star is relishing the prospect of potentially teaming up with his Chile team-mate at the Serie A champions

256065_thumb.jpg

De Gea would reject Barcelona approach
The 22-year-old is reportedly being considered by the Spanish giants as they start their search for Victor Valdes' replacement, but he insists he is happy in England

258779_thumb.jpg

Sergio Ramos: Champions League not an obsession for Real Madrid
The Spain international has set his sights on winning European club football's elite competition, but realises a difficult task awaits

142893_thumb.jpg

Diego flattered by Atletico Madrid rumours
The Brazilian spent the whole of last season on loan at the Vicente Calderon and has welcomed any potential link with the club

148821_thumb.jpg

Villa: Del Bosque rises above Mourinho claims
The Barcelona forward says his national team coach will not allow the Portuguese's recent comments to get under his skin

253142_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid are a real team once again, says Khedira
The Germany international is confident that the victories over Barcelona and Manchester United prove his side are back to their best

200843_thumb.jpg

Azpilicueta backs Benzema in national anthem row
In the second part of our exclusive interview, the 23-year-old tells of his support for the Real Madrid striker, who has been criticised by a group of French extremists

265525_thumb.jpg

Messi: I want to win everything with Argentina
The Barcelona star wants to replicate his club success with Argentina, starting with next summer's tournament

160777_thumb.jpg

Hoeness: Few Barca & Madrid stars would be starters at Bayern
The FCB supremo feels the German giants already have plenty of stars and does not think they are anything less than the Liga duo

244843_thumb.jpg

Del Bosque: Mourinho's claims are childish
The Fifa awards row continues to rumble on as the boss of the reigning European and world champions has laughed off suggestions that the Coach of the Year election was flawed

258735_thumb.jpg

Khedira desperate for a Clasico Champions League finale
The Germany international is relishing the prospect of another clash against Barcelona, and feels Madrid are a team again having overcome their initial struggles

217085_thumb.jpg

Pandev: My vote was for Mourinho, yet it went to Del Bosque
The Macedonia star has stressed his option was wrongly attributed to Vicente del Bosque, even though he elected to choose the Madrid coach

235931_thumb.jpg

Busquets: I would sign Ramos for Barcelona
The Blaugrana midfielder praised his Real Madrid opponent and Spain team-mate, while Javi Garcia hopes Xavi can be fit for their World Cup qualifiers against Finland and France

226476_thumb.jpg

Villas-Boas can replace Mourinho at Real Madrid, says Mata
The Spaniard feels his former boss at Chelsea has all the quality to coach at the Santiago Bernabeu as speculation over the 50-year-old's future grows

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Extra Time: Messi tattoo revealed

By Joe Wright
Mar 21, 2013 1:10:00 PM

265412hp2.jpg

The Barcelona star's brother posted an image of the bodyart on Twitter, which was inked just three days prior to Argentina's World Cup qualifier with Venezuela

Lionel Messi has revealed a brand new tattoo on his left calf, which has been created as a tribute to his young son.

The body art, which depicts a small pair of hands and the name Thiago in simple black ink, was photographed by the Barcelona star's brother Matias before being uploaded to Twitter.

Matias had revealed earlier this week the pair had planned to get new tattoos, and he released pictures of them both on social media networks on Wednesday evening.

Messi is currently on international duty with Argentina, and is set to captain the side in Friday's World Cup qualifier with Venezuela.

Regardless of the touching tribute to his young son, the 25-year-old has likely made national boss Alejandro Sabella a little nervous prior to the match, given that the rather large tattoo is periously close to the most magical of left feet.

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pique suspected Guardiola detectives

By Sam Goold
Mar 22, 2013 12:38:00 AM

258374hp2.jpg

The Spain international has revealed he had an idea that he was being followed by a surveillance team during his former coach's time in charge

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique claims the news that he was allegedly followed by detectives on the orders of Pep Guardiola did not surprise him.

The former Blaugrana boss led his side to 12 trophies, two of which were Champions League titles, during a four-year tenure. However, since leaving the club last summer, rumours have surfaced that Guardiola hired a surveillance team to keep tabs on Ronaldinho, Deco, Samuel Eto'o and Pique.

The Spain international has now revealed that he already had his suspicions something was going on.

"The truth is that I sensed that something was going on back in 2010, so it's not come as a complete shock now that this has come to light. I knew something was up," Pique told Terra.

"It's not nice, but it's water under the bridge: different people run the club now. I'm too excited by what's in store over the next two months to dwell on that stuff."

Guardiola embarked on a 12-month sabbatical from football last summer but will resume his coaching career with Bayern Munich next season.

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Calderon: Perez tried to stop Ronaldo signing for Real Madrid

By Henry Jackson
Mar 22, 2013 4:05:00 PM

12143hp2.jpg

The former Blancos chief has criticised the current man in charge and accused him of attempting to scupper the move for the Portuguese

Ex- Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has launched a scathing attack on Florentino Perez, claiming he tried to prevent the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo, as well as criticising coach Jose Mourinho.

The 61-year-old has spoken negatively of Perez in the past, and his latest rant was focused mainly on the signing of the 28-year-old Portuguese star back in 2009.

"Florentino Perez wanted to stop the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo when he became president in 2009. We found that Cristiano was already signed and Perez wanted to stop it, but Valdano and Jose Angel Sanchez convinced him not to. They told him he was crazy and that Ronaldo knew the deal was done," said Calderon in an interview with En Joc.

Calderon also laid into Perez's decision to hire Jose Mourinho, claiming his behaviour reflects badly on los Blancos.

"Florentino is guilty of allowing Mourinho's actions. Everyone knew what Mourinho was like - he behaved badly at Inter, Chelsea and at Real Madrid he has been no different. Florentino already knew what to expect when he signed him.

"Mourinho is boring. You have to behave according to the greatness of Madrid to be a part of its history, like Vicente del Bosque. Mourinho wants to constantly be in the limelight, and his actions only hurt him."

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Madrid respond to Fuentes' debt claims

By Henry Jackson
Mar 22, 2013 5:55:00 PM

265383hp2.jpg

The Spanish giants have released a statement explaining the situation, following suggestions they owe money to the doctor embroiled in the 'Operation Puerto' investigation

Real Madrid have confirmed that they have a debt with doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, but the Spanish club have added that it relates to allowances over his appearance as a witness at a trial in 2009.

Fuentes' lawyer made the claims during the 'Operation Puerto' investigation, which alleges that the doctor was involved in one of the most extensive drugs rings in sporting history.

But Los Blancos have told Europa Press news agency that the debt is related to "travel expenses and his wages" when he was called to give evidence in the trial against the French newspaper Le Monde in 2009.

In 2006, Le Monde accused Real Madrid, Barcelona and other football clubs of being linked to a plot involving Fuentes and doping.

The newspaper was ordered to pay €300,000 and €30,000 to Alfonso del Corral, Madrid's director of medical services, for 'meddling in honour' over their unsubstantiated claims.

Madrid released a statement on their website on Friday night to clarify that their only contact with Fuentes came when he was called as a witness in the aforementioned trial.

The Spanish club also revealed their intention to take legal action against the doctor after Fuentes let it be known to reporters that he was owed money by Madrid, but refused to elaborate on the reasons behind the debt.

"Given the attempt at confusing public opinion over his relationship with the club on the part of Eufemiano Fuentes, with evident bad faith and the aim of damaging the image of the club, Real Madrid CF will present a lawsuit with immediate effect," the statement concludes.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Benzema is useless, says Domenech

By Johnny Burrow
Mar 23, 2013 3:55:00 PM

202684hp2.jpg

The ex-France coach believes his doubts about the Real Madrid striker have now been vidicated after his poor showing against Georgia

Former France coach Raymond Domenech believes that Karim Benzema's performance against Georgia on Friday has shown that the Real Madrid striker is "useless".

The former Olympique Lyonnais man has not scored for his country in 929 minutes of football and was roundly booed by Bleus fans after refusing to sing the Marseillaise before the match.

And Domenech feels Franck Ribery was also a disappointment, but was impressed with the performances of Blaise Matuidi and Mathieu Valbuena.

"I had already said it: Benzema confirms his uselessness and Ribery is still inconsistent. But that was before!" he wrote on Twitter.

"Valbuena and Matuidi are certain to face Spain. Ribery will also play Spain."

However, Benzema's striker partner, Olivier Giroud has defended Benzema's performance against the Georgians.

"He created chances. I was trying to set him up too. I was trying to find it. It's a partnership that could work and we achieved a lot tonight. There are no problems."

During Domenech's six-year tenure in charge of France, he had many well-publicised rows with players, most notably Nicolas Anelka at the 2006 World Cup.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cantona: I admire Mourinho

By Stefan Coerts
Mar 23, 2013 12:30:00 PM

258306hp2.jpg

The legendary Frenchman is full of praise for the flamboyant trainer, and has hailed the way the Portuguese manages his teams

Manchester United legend Eric Cantona has voiced his admiration for Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho, revealing the Portuguese's presence is one of the reasons why he follows the Santiago Bernabeu side.

The former France international has admitted he is not a fan of Mourinho's pragmatic approach, but is full of praise for the way the former Chelsea boss manages his team.

"Barcelona are one of the few teams that interest me and of course Manchester United. And then there's Real Madrid, because they have a coach like Mourinho," Cantona told Le Matin.

"I'm not a fan of his style of play, but he has an amazing personality. He is very intelligent, has incredible charisma and a rather special way of managing things. He says that a coach needs to be an actor and I agree with him.

"It's important not to always show your emotions when you're surrounded by your players. It's all about what the players need to see and need to hear.

"Will it benefit the team or not when their coach enters the dressing room frustrated and throws around teacups? It all depends on the situation and Mourinho knows exactly how to behave in every situation.

"He always draws attention to himself. Not just because of his ego, but because he wants to take the pressure off his players.

"People are talking about Mourinho when there's a team with world champions. I really admire what he does."

Mourinho guided Madrid to the Liga title last term after winning the Copa del Rey in his first season with the Blancos.

Givanildo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simeone hints at Fernando Torres move
It remains to be seen whether Atletico Madrid have the financial resources to sign the attacker, but their coach would welcome his former team-mate with open arms

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

241541_thumb.jpg

Barcelona have felt Vilanova absence, says Busquets
The Barcelona midfielder has thanked Jordi Roura for filling in for the 44-year-old, but admits his side have missed the coach

248843_thumb.jpg

Valdes: I hope Casillas returns soon
The Barcelona goalkeeper admitted he has a great friendship with his Real Madrid counterpart, but is confident Spain can beat France in his absence

255338_thumb.jpg

'We're already dreaming' - Joaquin relishing Dortmund clash
The Spaniard is excited about his side's upcoming Champions League quarter-final following a "magical" last-16 victory over Porto

218951_thumb.jpg

I can fill in at left-back, says Montoya
With Jordi Alba and Adriano both injured, the young Barcelona defender may have to play out of position for the upcoming game with Paris Saint-Germain

264746_thumb.jpg

Alexis Sanchez keen to stay at Barcelona
The Chile international has been strongly linked with a move back to Serie A with reigning champions Juventus, but he remains committed to the Blaugrana

265855_thumb.jpg

Sergio Ramos: It is madness to doubt Benzema
The centre-back has stressed that his Real Madrid team-mate is a striker to be reckoned with and knows only too well of the qualities in his armoury

259804_thumb.jpg

Pique: I would sign Pepe from Madrid
The Spain international has mentioned the Portugal centre-back as one of three players he would bring to the Camp Nou side

259899_thumb.jpg

Soldado hoping to emulate Albelda success
The 27-year-old forward has revealed he wishes to emulate the success the side's current captain has brought and says the future of Valencia is in safe hands

232622_thumb.jpg

Benat's agent denies contact between Betis & Bayern
The ex-Athletic Bilbao starlet has been linked with a move to Pep Guardiola's Bavarians in the summer, but Jose Vicente Biurrun said that the player could stay through next season

265607_thumb.jpg

Varane eager to play against Spain
The Real Madrid starlet is desperate to retain his place in Didier Deschamps' plans for the crunch clash in Paris, and revealed he has spoken to some Roja stars ahead of the game

255175_thumb.jpg

Ramos craves Champions League success
The Spain defender says he is "itching" to lift Europe's greatest club prize, but has warned that Galatasaray must not be underestimated in the quarter-finals

201385_thumb.jpg

Khedira: I wouldn't be at Real Madrid if it wasn't for Mourinho
The Blancos midfielder has showered praise on his head coach, revealing that his arrival in the Spanish capital was a "fluke" instigated by the Portuguese trainer

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Roura furore: Rosell offers no bonus to caretaker

By Andrew Wychrij
Mar 24, 2013 10:20:00 AM

240958hp2.jpg

The Blaugrana president has praised the stand-in coach and dismissed suggestions that the side's standards have slipped in recent months

Sandro Rosell says Jordi Roura has been a "hero" for Barcelona in stepping in for Tito Vilanova, but added that he will not be receiving a bonus for his extra managerial duties.

The Blaugrana assistant was criticised following back-to-back Clasico defeats to Real Madrid and the Champions League loss to AC Milan.

But after masterminding a stunning 4-0 win in the second-leg of that last 16 tie and steadying a ship that appeared unsteady for a brief time, Rosell has moved to praise his work.

"For me Roura has been a hero, despite knowing that some people say I exaggerate," the 49-year-old told Mundo Deportivo.

"He has done extraordinary work and has demonstrated loyalty that is rarely seen in people today. He has done his job very well and so far has earned his salary, but that does not mean he will receive a bonus."

Rosell then added his belief that the Catalans remain the best side in the world and rubbished suggestions that he had grown concerned following a rocky February for the club.

"If the question is from the point of view of those who began to doubt [it makes sense], because I did not remove any burden," he replied when asked whether victory over the Rossoneri took a weight off Barcelona.

"If it is from a sporting point of view, because I want to win with Barca, the players were more animated, especially to make sure Tito [Vilanova] had the best reception on his return- that took a thousand kilos off us.

"But if we're talking about a crisis, institutional or in terms of values, I could not see that anywhere because there was no burden to remove. Barca is still the best team in the world.

"I think this story is more to do with the media than reality. These things do not interest me."

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vilanova returns to Barcelona

Mar 26, 2013 8:15:00 AM

242621hp2.jpg

The Blaugrana announced on Monday that the coach was set to depart America and he has now arrived in Catalunya

Barcelona trainer Tito Vilanova has returned home after spending the past two months in New York recovering from surgery on parotid gland cancer.

The 44-year-old went under the knife on December 20, and then underwent chemotherapy and radiotherapy for six weeks.

Vilanova left for New York for further treatment in January, and has now returned home again after two months in the USA.

Pep Guardiola's former assistant took charge of Barcelona in the summer of 2012 after his mentor decided to leave the club and take a one-year sabbatical, and guided the Blaugrana to their best-ever Liga start before being struck by health issues late in 2012.

Vilanova was replaced by Jordi Roura during his absence, with the latter now returning to his role as assistant coach once more.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'Chelsea is in my heart' - Mourinho fuels talk of Premier League return

By Scott Binnie
Mar 26, 2013 2:53:00 PM

256960hp2.jpg

The 50-year-old Real Madrid manager admits he still has a special connection to the Blues, and feels his passion for English football makes a return to these shores inevitable

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has fuelled speculation linking him with a summer return to Chelsea by admitting the club is "in his heart" and he will have to come back to the Premier League one day.

Mourinho has been the subject of intense speculation in the last few days, with reports suggesting the ex-Porto, Chelsea and Inter boss has agreed to return to Stamford Bridge this summer.

Now the Portuguese boss has spoken of his “big emotional connections” with the Blues, connections that mean one day he will “have to be back in English football, or at Chelsea.”

"I cannot deny that, despite this weather, I love it here, and as I said I have a house and I have big emotional connections with Chelsea and one day I think naturally I will have to be back to English football, or to Chelsea or to another club," he told Sky Sports News.

"Of course, Chelsea means more to me than other clubs. Chelsea is in my heart, as Inter is for example.

"One day I have to be back but again it is normal that I am in London. The same way I walk in my home city in Portugal, people see that as normal and this is normal, the same thing is normal when I am in London."

Recent reports have suggested that Mourinho and his agent Jorge Mendes have signed provisional agreements with both Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain, stating the manager will take over in the summer if he so desires.

It is also believed that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to hold his hands up and admit he made an error five and a half years ago when sacking Mourinho.

Given his latest comments, many will feel the return of the Special One is on the cards, but Mourinho insists his focus right now is solely on Madrid.

He continued: "I am in Madrid and I am very, very committed to the club's ambitions for the remainder of the season.

"People know that I am professional and for the moment I only think about my job in Real."

The Madrid boss went on to admit he has played a part in the speculation over a Chelsea return.

"There is a lot of talk but people need to understand that I can be in London very often.," he added. "We have a house here and we love it here. Being in London is a very normal thing for us.

"Every time I come people start immediately making connections to a return. I feed it because I say every day that I love it and will return one day. To be fair I give a little contribution to the speculation."

Danube

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sevilla must improve on away form, says Reyes
The Sevilla midfielder knows his side have to better, especially away from home where they have not won in four games, if they are to end the season in a better league position

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

264746_thumb.jpg

Roura praises 'great player' Alexis
Barcelona's stand-in coach has heaped praise on the Chilean winger, amid interest from Juventus and following criticism of his recent performances for the Blaugrana

259782_thumb.jpg

Villas-Boas: Mourinho return would be 'excellent' for Premier League
The Tottenham boss, who served under his compatriot at Porto, Chelsea and Inter believes that the Real Madrid supremo would light up the English game, if he chooses to return

256219_thumb.jpg

Costa is better than Falcao, claims Valverde
The 49-year-old has praised the current form of the Brazilian striker, and believes Diego Simeone has infused his playing style into the Atletico Madrid side

230387_thumb.jpg

Abidal in Barcelona squad to face Celta
The 33-year-old has been included in the Blaugrana party to travel to Vigo on Saturday, with team-mate Javier Mascherano expressing his delight at the news

235523_thumb.jpg

Karanka: I could leave when Mourinho does
Los Blancos' assistant coach insists he will not evaulate his future until the Portuguese opts to depart Santiago Bernabeu

251751_thumb.jpg

Vilanova could return for PSG, says Roura
The Blaugrana assistant has revealed the 44-year-old could travel with the squad to Paris, although it is too soon for him to attend the weekend clash with Celta Vigo

231475_thumb.jpg

Jimenez hails shrewd Lopez signing
The 27-year-old, who has been linked with a move to Santiago Bernabeu, believes the ex-Sevilla man will cause a selection headache for Jose Mourinho

249254_thumb.jpg

Karanka rules out Casillas return
The Real Madrid assistant has stressed that the club captain will not be ready to face Zaragoza this weekend despite resuming regular training

237947_thumb.jpg

Falcao focused on Atletico Madrid, says father
The prolific striker is continually being linked with a move away from the Liga side, but Radamel Garcia is adamant the Colombian is not thinking about a summer transfer

237654_thumb.jpg

Saviola: Two weeks to determine Malaga's future
The Argentine striker has spoken about the importance of the coming fixtures, and believes wins will be a huge morale boost to his side

253306_thumb.jpg

Simeone focusing on Atletico's Liga run-in
The 42-year-old is not worried about the gulf between his side and Barcelona, and is only focused on securing Champions League football next season

259918_thumb.jpg

Soldado crucial in top-four charge, says Jonas
The club travel to face Atletico Madrid on Sunday in a match that could end up being key in deciding if los Che can qualify for the Champions League next season

55068_thumb.jpg

Resino looking forward to seeing Vilanova
The 53-year-old hopes to see the Barca boss take to the sideline soon, and admits Saturday's clash could work in their favour

264746_thumb.jpg

Alexis agent set for Juventus talks
The Barcelona winger has been linked with a move back to Serie A in recent weeks, but the Bianconeri could face competition from Inter for his signature

255572_thumb.jpg

Xavi vows to be fit for Paris Saint-Germain clash
Barca have been hit by a number of injuries in recent weeks, but the Spain international is confident of making a swift return

218079_thumb.jpg

Tello: Barcelona focused on La Liga
The Spain Under-21 international has stressed the Catalans are taking things one game at a time, and is pleased with his season so far

248780_thumb.jpg

It was an honour to work with Mourinho, says Sahin
The Turkey international has fond memories of his time at Real Madrid, and has praised his former coach's honesty

245023_thumb.jpg

Xabi Alonso excited by Decima quest
The Real Madrid midfielder says there will be a great atmosphere at the Bernabeu for the visit of Galatasaray as Jose Mourinho's side home in on a 10th European crown

266971_thumb.jpg

Pedro out for 10 days after injury
The Barcelona winger suffered a calf tear in Spain's crucial World Cup qualifier against France on Tuesday night and is now a doubt for the next two La Liga clashes

244582_thumb.jpg

Barcelona needed Vilanova return, admits Tello
The forward has conceded they have missed their influential coach but are delighted at the 44-year-old's return to Camp Nou following cancer treatment in New York

98624_thumb.jpg

Mourinho contact out of courtesy, says Moratti
The Nerazzurri chief shrugged off rumours the former San Siro boss could be making a comeback any time soon, and admits he did contact him but only with casual texts

240622_thumb.jpg

Leboeuf: Varane could surpass Hierro
The former France international feels his compatriot has the attributes to become even better than the Real Madrid icon

260230_thumb.jpg

Vela rejects talk of Arsenal return
The former Gunners attacker says he grew frustrated with the lack of first-team opportunities at the Emirates Stadium and does not envisage leaving Real Sociedad

134562_thumb.jpg

Trochowski confident of return next season
The injury-hit Sevilla midfielder has moved to calm fears that his latest setback could prematurely end his career

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga preview: Vilanova return imminent as Barca resume action

29 March 2013

314829header.jpg

The return of head coach Tito Vilanova has been soured by mounting injury problems ahead of Barcelona's trip to play Celta Vigo in La Liga.

Vilanova is back in Spain this week following two months in New York spent undergoing treatment for a cancer relapse.

Barca are yet to confirm if the 44-year-old, who succeeded Pep Guardiola as first-team coach at the end of last season, will be on the bench at Estadio Balaidos on Saturday.

Assistant coach Jordi Roura took charge in Vilanova's absence, guiding Barca into the last eight of the UEFA Champions League and taking them 13 points clear of reigning champions Real Madrid in the Spanish top flight.

With just 10 rounds of the league campaign remaining, the title looks set to return to Camp Nou, while another appearance in the Champions League final at Wembley beckons.

But Vilanova and Roura must negotiate the loss of several key players if they are to pull off a double of domestic and European honours.

The biggest problems are at the back - stalwart captain Carles Puyol is out of action following knee surgery, while a torn thigh muscle means versatile fullback Adriano is also on the sidelines.

Last week's international break did Barcelona no favours, with first-choice left-back Jordi Alba suffering a pulled hamstring during Spain's 1-1 draw with Finland.

Forward Pedro Rodriguez then tore a calf muscle in the 1-0 win over France, while the extent of Xavi Hernandez's long-running groin problem is unclear.

As if those injury woes were not enough, goalkeeper Victor Valdes is suspended, meaning reserve shot-stopper Jose Pinto will be among several fringe players called into action this week.

And while they remain heavy favourites to claim all three points, the visitors are unlikely to have an easy time of it in Galicia - Celta are second bottom on the table, three points from safety and fighting for survival as they bid to avoid a fourth successive defeat.

Title rivals Madrid, meanwhile, will keep up their seemingly futile pursuit of the leaders away to struggling Real Zaragoza.

Also on Saturday, Rayo Vallecano, ninth on the table, host sixth-placed Malaga, while 10th plays 11th respectively when Sevilla visit Levante.

In the pick of Sunday's matches, third-placed Atletico Madrid welcome fifth-placed Valencia to Estadio Vicente Calderon.

On the same day, surprise Champions League qualification contenders Real Sociedad - two points ahead of Valencia in fourth - visit underachieving Espanyol.

Elsewhere, last-placed Deportivo La Coruna go away to third-bottom Mallorca in a crucial relegation battle, while Real Valladolid host Osasuna.

Finally, there are two matches on Monday, with Athletic Bilbao at home to Granada and Getafe due to visit Real Betis.

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Clemente: Mourinho is disrespectful for no reason

By Paul Gorst
Mar 27, 2013 2:45:00 PM

16181hp2.jpg

The former Spain coach believes the Real Madrid boss sometimes starts feuds against opponents with little motivation

Javier Clemente has claimed Jose Mourinho is frequently disrespectful to his opponents when it is not necessary.

The Real Madrid coach's verbal jousting has become something of trademark, with his dispute with Vicente del Bosque over claims the Coach of the Year award was fixed the latest in a long line of confrontations.

However, Clemente, who coached Spain from 1992 to 1998, has said that Mourinho is deliberately inflammatory even when the situation does not call for it.

“People are still too hard on Mourinho, but sometimes it is with good reason because he doesn't need to say certain things, even if it is all part of his strategy,” Clemente told reporters.

“I'm not a friend of Mourinho, but this does not mean that all the things he does disturbs me. He makes more mistakes than me, and says things that sometimes are not respectful while nobody disturbs him.

“He is not elegant but rather a guy who doesn't show generosity, and says that he was not a winner due to people deceiving him.”

Mourinho is facing an uncertain future at Santigao Bernabeu, having been linked with returns to both Chelsea and Inter should he opt to leave Madrid in the summer.