• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

‘Malaysia could be 60 days away from Greece’

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway it is only an opinion of bank manager. What does he know? What are his qualifications? There are some managers in Malaysia who only have an O level education. He is a bank manager because he is a Malay.

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
O Levels and he is a bank manager in Malaysia ?........he is grossly overqualified then. Lol lol lol.

Anyway it is only an opinion of bank manager. What does he know? What are his qualifications? There are some managers in Malaysia who only have an O level education. He is a bank manager because he is a Malay.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That could just be a convenient way for them to siphon money out of the country for themselves.

maybe they think it is a good investment or they pity the african because they enslaved them for hundred of years.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you included gain/lose in currency value, sinkies are much luckier to have their money in CPF than in EPF. Go ask any Malaysian who had worked in Singapore and has $100k in his CPF. If he had put his salary in the EPF in ringgit, his savings would most likely have devalued. It's a big deal for many Malaysians, especially those who have to finance their kids to study abroad.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you included gain/lose in currency value, sinkies are much luckier to have their money in CPF than in EPF. Go ask any Malaysian who had worked in Singapore and has $100k in his CPF. If he had put his salary in the EPF in ringgit, his savings would most likely have devalued. It's a big deal for many Malaysians, especially those who have to finance their kids to study abroad.

If you live in mudland and buy local goods, your money can go very far.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Well said. I have added to your points.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why most mudlanders who are sing PR don't want to give up their mudland citizenship. Shows their confidence in sinkapore.

that's because they have complete confidence in the sing dollar but zero confidence in the mudlaysian monetary system to buy anything in mudlaysia. with sing dollars, they will live like sultans in mudlaysia. it's the best of both worlds.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is an oil exporter, so it's not surprising that the Ringitt went down in tandem with the oil price crash. When the oil price recovers sufficiently, the Ringitt will rise back against SGD.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be nice if they provide the name of which bank manager who said those things.because banks also cause the US economy into meltdown do I dunno if they can be trusted.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bullshit,thats another urban legend that PAP doggies love to propagate.let us use our brains and look beneath the surface of the issue,let me me ask u this in the last 15 years how much has the cost of living risen in Singapore compared to malaysia?so what if malaysia's currency devalues a few percent a year?Singapore has managed to climb all the way up to number one spot in the world,not only the cost of our daily necessities,the cost of housing and transport has reached astronomical heights.i can easily rent a condo in Malaysia for 1400 ringgit a month,for that sum of money i can barely get a room in a HDB flat in the suburbs of Toa Payoh.for 25 ringgit(8 sgd)i can easily buy a whole bucket of KFC or marrybrown in Malaysia to feed my entire family,they even sell chicken in barrels (21 pieces) enough to feed an entire malay kampong family.where can u dream of obtaining 21 pieces of chicken in singapore without having to break the bank to feed ur family?

at the rate the cost of living in singapore,ho jinx have to give us 8 percent interest to even justify putting a cent in it.

let me give u an example.today i travelled across the country to play in a poker game,when i reached my destination via MRT i was a little early so i decide to visit one of the many splendid malls of Singapore which PAP has been building like crazy,just like every fucking mall in singapore it was fucking packed and crowded with people gorging themselves on the ridiculous eateries from japanese sushi to german schinitzels to canadian fries to gelato palours and whatnot and shops selling expensive crap.i decided to go to the basement and get a cheap meal at the food court,the not so satisfying poorly cooked food court food and drink set me back nearly 8 bucks,plus public transport another 3 or 4 bucks.and i did not buy a single crap from the mall.just the act of being outside in singapore set me back a total of 11 to 12 bucks wtf!!!!!!!thats 12 bucks of profit gone from my poker game lost forever to PAP's MRT and CapitalMall Trust!!!!!what could 12 sgd buy me in Malaysia?all i got was a shitty meal and a goddam train ride packed to the brim with pinoys tiongs bangras and chao ang mohs!!!!

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is an oil exporter, so it's not surprising that the Ringitt went down in tandem with the oil price crash. When the oil price recovers sufficiently, the Ringitt will rise back against SGD.

Malaysia is not an oil exporter. Its a gas exporter. The oil part is due to taxes and dividend petronas provide to garbermen which comes to about 30% of all tax revenue. Petronas extract oil and gas or has concessions in many countries including Iraq, Sudan, Angola, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Canada etc.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
i am sure 80% of sinkies wont have any difficulty paying for that 21 piece of chicken on a regular basis. i know that about the restaurants in sinkieland are always full.
10% will opt to eat chicken rice at the many less expensive hawker centers around sinkieland
the other 9% will receive help from the government.
the remaining 1% are people like yourself who simple didnt ADAPT.

and for fairness sake, can u also include the average income of a malaysian working in malaysia in the point you are trying to make.

u dream of obtaining 21 pieces of chicken in singapore without having to break the bank to feed ur family?

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Malaysia economy tanks, the Singapore economy will be in a very bad recession, the SGD will sink and interest rates will spike. Malaysia is our closest neighbour and second largest trading partner ($112 billion) and export market ($62 billion). Malaysia is a vital market for many of our companies and our big banks have large operations there.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreign exchange and CPF two separate issue....