• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP says "Lesser mortals" envious of Tan Yong Soon

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/articles/297781.asp

Prof-CharlesChong.gif

Excerpt from article:

Agreeing that the rebuke in Parliament was “harsh”, MP Charles Chong noted that Mr Tan didn’t “brag” about how expensive the trip was in the article.
“Maybe it made lesser mortals envious and they thought maybe he was a little bit boastful,” he said. “Would people have taken offence if his wife (a senior investment counsellor at a bank) had paid for everything?”

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
HAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! Lesser Mortals.. WOW!!!!!!

So those MP are immortals. Can they fly in the air?

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Charles Chong needs a rapping too :oIo:

You dare to rap an immortal? Asking to get struck by lightning issit? :biggrin:

I remember last time someone posted an epic list of nonsense Pappy quotes. Please update Charlie's comments to your list. Thanks!

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Maybe it made lesser mortals envious and they thought maybe he was a little bit boastful,” he said. “Would people have taken offence if his wife (a senior investment counsellor at a bank) had paid for everything?”

If Charles dies, I'll be sure to attend his funeral to witness whether he'll get caught up in a rapture. If not, I'll pee on his grave. Either way, Im sure to get this immortal's attention.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB this Charles Chong.

Even if the wife is rich and paid for everything, this is not the time to BRAG.

Fauking MP cannot understand EQ situations how to understand problems at meet the people sessions?

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
This MP Charles is just another Perm Sec Tan, or another "Peanuts" Mrs Goh.

It simply shows the calibre of PAP people & its related people. Very sad. :(

He should apologise to Singaporeans too!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
senior investment councellor? Why isn't she retrenched in these difficult times?

If spend money just diam diam ...u no need to go wayang wayang tell the whole fucking world.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
This MP Charles is just another Perm Sec Tan, or another "Peanuts" Mrs Goh.

It simply shows the calibre of PAP people & its related people. Very sad. :(

He should apologise to Singaporeans too!

Charles Chong forgets he's also a "lesser" mortal in SQ. Btw, is he still there?

timyoung

Alfrescian
Loyal
go eat shit lah! we lesser mortals will gain immortality after doing good deeds, don't have to envious of TYS!:rolleyes:

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Maybe it made lesser mortals envious and they thought maybe he was a little bit boastful.” - MP Charles Chong

so are we adding this new quote to our list of funny quotes by our leaders?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm also suspicious of the 'high IQ' part

I agree, he called Singaporean lessor mortal and what does he call him himself: Elite, Immortal, highly paid mortal, god? Time for 66.6% to wake up and open their eyes to see what kind of bastard they have voted for.