• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Female Genital Mutilation Widespread Amongst Malay-Muslims In Zikapore!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Medical clinics in Singapore are carrying out female genital cutting on babies, according to people with first-hand experience of the procedure, despite growing global condemnation of the practice which world leaders have pledged to eradicate.

The ancient ritual - more commonly associated with rural communities in a swathe of African countries - is observed by most Muslim Malays in Singapore where it is legal but largely hidden, said Filzah Sumartono of women's rights group AWARE.

Worldwide, more than 200 million girls and women are believed to have undergone female genital cutting or mutilation (FGM), according to United Nations figures.

But its existence in Singapore, a wealthy island state which prides itself on being a modern, cosmopolitan city with high levels of education, shows the challenge of tackling a practice rooted in culture, tradition and a desire to belong.

Sumartono said it was too early to press for a ban in Singapore although many countries have outlawed FGM. She said they first needed to create more awareness and debate around the practice and galvanise public support for ending it.

"In my own circle of friends who are Malay and Muslim, 100 percent have been cut," said Sumartono, who was cut herself at one month old.

"But it is very hidden. Whenever I bring up the subject with non-Malay they're shocked and can't believe it happens in Singapore."

The health ministry did not comment despite several requests.

Sumartono said the practice - known locally as sunat perempuan - was usually done before the age of two and may involve cutting the tip of the clitoris or making a small nick.

"Even within the community we don't discuss this much," she told the Thomson Reuters Foundation by phone from Singapore.

"If a male baby gets circumcised there is this big celebration and prayer ritual, but if it is a female baby it's quite quiet. It's usually only the mother or grandmother making the decision. Sometimes the father doesn't even know."

She said cutting was usually done by medical professionals.

"We know five or six clinics offer the procedure - at around 20-35 Singapore dollars ($15-$26)," she added. "There's no legislation. It's done openly. You can just call up to make an appointment."

RELIGION AND CULTURE

FGM takes many forms and in some communities in Africa all the external genitalia are removed and the opening sewn closed.

Sumartono said although the type practised in Singapore was milder it was still a violation of a woman's rights and underpinned the view that female sexuality must be controlled.

"What I get from talking to my community is, 'Oh, it's just a small cut so why are you complaining?'

"But at its foundation, it is really an act of violence against women. At infancy already, the child is taught that your body is not your own."

Singapore, home to more than 525,000 Malays making up over 13 percent of the population, is not included in the latest U.N. global report on FGM and there are no studies on its prevalence.

Although FGM is not mentioned in the Koran and predates Islam, some Muslims believe the ritual was endorsed by the prophet.

"Female circumcision, if done in the proper manner as prescribed by our Prophet Mohammad, ought to be continued," one Malay woman from Singapore, who has recently had her granddaughter cut, told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

The retired civil servant, who asked not to be named, said this improved hygiene and had no adverse affect on a woman's sex life.

She said the amount removed was "very tiny" and should not be classed as FGM because it was different to the more extreme types of cutting which can cause serious health problems.

The World Health Organization, however, says FGM includes any injury to the female genitals.

GLOBAL ACTION

Sumartono said even if women did not want to cut their daughters they often came under family pressure to do so.

"My mum didn't want to do it - it was my grandmother who really pressured her. My grandmother said it's our culture. Community pressure is really quite strong," added Sumartono, who only started speaking out this year.

She said the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore had advocated the practice on its website but this had been removed.

The council did not respond to a request for clarification.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-comes-under-pressure-over-female-genital-cutting-001038051.html

islamPig

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goodness me moslems are really retarded. Much like that moslem puki retarded nick ChineseDog here.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What barbaric practice is this???
Cut the baby's cheebye??

female genital mutilation is most prevalent in african nations that are muslim. They cut the outer parts of the female genitals which would be the vulva, the lips and the clitoris and sew the vagina shut.

In Sg i hear they cut off part of the clitoris which is the most sensitive part of the female genitals.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
female genital mutilation is most prevalent in african nations that are muslim. They cut the outer parts of the female genitals which would be the vulva, the lips and the clitoris and sew the vagina shut.

In Sg i hear they cut off part of the clitoris which is the most sensitive part of the female genitals.

I still see Malay women drinking and pubbing as normal. Some of my Malay friends and acquaintances tell me that Malay women appear pious but are still as horny as ever. So FGM appears to be oversold.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the second part is betul, it's just a nick on the biji klentek to desensitize the love button and stem the urge to kongkek.
as for the sewing of the nonok shut, it's just plain bs and folklore to perpetuate the belief of martyrdom - for the just rewards of the 72 virgins awaiting them :wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I pride myself on being a player but I've got to admit I've yet o see much less fucked a fgm pussy.

Will put that on my to-do list

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the second part is betul, it's just a nick on the biji klentek to desensitize the love button and stem the urge to kongkek.
as for the sewing of the nonok shut, it's just plain bs and folklore to perpetuate the belief of martyrdom - for the just rewards of the 72 virgins awaiting them :wink:

There's 3 different types of fgm. The last would be the worst sewing up the hole. It's called infibulation.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I pride myself on being a player but I've got to admit I've yet o see much less fucked a fgm pussy.

Will put that on my to-do list

you know in countries where fgm is common. Sometimes the men don't bother to cut it open they just try to break open the fibulation with their dicks and sometimes they fail.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is just obscene, they are destroying the pussy.
I find even circumcision barbaric, at least wait till they are adult to decide for themselves.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is just obscene, they are destroying the pussy.
I find even circumcision barbaric, at least wait till they are adult to decide for themselves.

I thought its the "hood" of the clit to make it more sensitive? How bloody sexist is this article, it quotes fgm is brutal but what about circumcision!?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought its the "hood" of the clit to make it more sensitive? How bloody sexist is this article, it quotes fgm is brutal but what about circumcision!?

Both FGM and circumcision removed or reduced the pleasure elements of the genitals.

Talking about sexism, bitches are all for circumcision. I had a friend who divorced the wife who insisted on circumcising their kid.

Fucking bitches should be sent to Africa to have her cunt glued shut.

Last edited:

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both FGM and circumcision removed or reduced the pleasure elements of the genitals.

Talking about sexism, bitches are all for circumcision. I had a friend who divorced the wife who insisted on circumcising their kid.

Fucking bitches should be sent to Africa to have her cunt glued shut.

.... the wife wearing a tudung...i guess