• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Samsung Note 7 waterproof test video

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;5yIgwa1K0pE]https://youtu.be/5yIgwa1K0pE[/video]

Note 7 防水测验

Under water sure won't explode :wink:

Water cooled the over heating
Water cut off Oxygen, no way to burn
Water extinguished any fire even if there was any

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I had been a fan of Samsung for 4 years.

Used my Galaxy Note 2 for 4 years. Just died on me last week. Some software issue. Still it was good value for 4 years.

But exploding batteries catching fire.....that just drops confidence. The risk is too high. My house could burn down!

So it is back to Apple. Just got my iphone 7 plus jet black.

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had been a fan of Samsung for 4 years.

Used my Galaxy Note 2 for 4 years. Just died on me last week. Some software issue. Still it was good value for 4 years.

But exploding batteries catching fire.....that just drops confidence. The risk is too high. My house could burn down!

So it is back to Apple. Just got my iphone 7 plus jet black.

Gay Phone is out-dated junk, every aspects is less than half of Samsung and lack many features.

Gay Phone is also battery Explosion
no difference. Yes can also burn your house and car and your children too.

I can not wait to get the Note 7, had been asking regularly at the telcos and Samsung show rooms. They said this month coming. Currently I am using this:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest incident on the Samsung Note saga. Looks like Samsung has no clue about what is really causing problems with their Note 7 or maybe there are a number of problems with their phone:confused:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-samsung-elec-smartphones-idUSKCN1252EN

Replacement Samsung Note 7 phone emits smoke on U.S. plane: family

Wed Oct 5, 2016 | 7:31pm EDT

By Steve Bittenbender | LOUISVILLE, Ky.

A replacement model of the fire-prone Samsung Note 7 smartphone began smoking inside a U.S. plane on Wednesday, the family that owns it said, prompting fresh investigations by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Federal Aviation Administration.

A problem with the replacement for the Note 7 model would create a new, embarrassing and potentially costly chapter to a global scandal which has hurt Samsung's reputation. It also could add new dangers for consumers.

Indiana passenger Brian Green's phone began emitting smoke inside a Southwest Airlines Co flight to Baltimore from Louisville, Kentucky, his wife Sarah told Reuters after speaking with her husband. She said that Green had replaced the original phone about two weeks ago after getting a text message from Samsung.

Samsung Electronics Co said in a statement it was working to recover the device and to understand the cause. “Until we are able to retrieve the device, we cannot confirm that this incident involves the new Note 7," the South Korean company said.

The world's largest smartphone maker announced a global recall of at least 2.5 million of its flagship Note 7 smartphones in 10 markets last month due to faulty batteries causing some phones to catch fire.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is in touch with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Samsung and the phone's owner to gather facts, Chairman Elliot Kaye said in a statement, reminding consumers that they could get refunds for the troubled model.

The FAA said in a statement that it had confirmed a Samsung phone caused the smoke on the Southwest flight and that it was investigating the incident.

Technology news site The Verge, which earlier reported the incident, quoted Brian Green as saying the phone was a replacement, and it posted a picture taken by him of the packaging. The picture showed an identifying label with a black box, which Samsung has described as the indicator of a replacement phone. A spokeswoman declined to comment on the picture.

Samsung customers in China have reported problems with phones that have the same battery as the global replacement model, but Samsung has said it examined the Chinese phones and found the batteries were not at fault.

Green picked up the new phone at an AT&T Inc store on Sept. 21, the Verge said. (bit.Iy/2dL2kLL)

Southwest said the plane was evacuated after a customer reported smoke from a Samsung device. All passengers and crew exited the plane and no injuries were reported, a Southwest Airlines spokesperson said.

(Reporting by Steve Bittenbender in Louisville, Deborah Todd in San Francisco, Narottam Medhora in Bengaluru and Diane Bartz in Washington, D.C.; Editing by Peter Henderson, Bill Rigby and Bernard Orr)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is worst is that the Samsung phone was powered down by the owner when it started smoking:eek:
The Samsung phones are very, very,...dangerous especially if you are in a plane.

So any Samsung Note 7's can start to have problems even though they are switched off. I think they should ban these phones until Samsung can proof that these phones are safe.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16...fire-blamed-in-evacuation-of-southwest-flight

Samsung Galaxy fire blamed in evacuation of Southwest flight

Southwest Airlines evacuated 75 passengers from a flight preparing to take off from Louisville Airport in Kentucky after smoke from a Samsung Galaxy phone filled the cabin. The phone was a replacement Galaxy Note 7 that had been powered down for takeoff.

A report by NBC Bay Area News noted that all passengers and flight crew were safely removed from the 737 aircraft without injury, and that the airline worked to rebook customers on other flights.

According to a report by the Verge, the Galaxy Note 7 owner, Brian Green, said that his phone had been replaced by AT&T a week earlier as part of Samsung's recall. The replacement model featured the distinctive green battery icon indicating it was a fixed model deemed "safe" by Samsung.

The Samsung Galaxy fire occured ten minutes before the aircraft was scheduled to depart for Baltimore, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration noted. The plane had already taxied across the tarmac and was preparing to take off, but returned to the gate after smoke was reported. The FAA has issued guidelines that specifically name Samsung Galaxy phones as a fire hazard that should not be plugged in or charged during flight.

Green reported that he had powered down the Samsung Galaxy phone when requested by flight crew, but that the device began smoking while in his pocket. He dropped the phone to the ground and said that it began emitting "thick gray-green angry smoke."

The report cited passenger Misty Whitaker stating, "I was sitting at the front of the plane and I noticed a flight attendant coming quickly down the aisle saying, 'There's smoke on the plane. Leave all of your bags on the plane and come forward in an orderly fashion.' They said it was a Samsung Galaxy. The last they told us while we were waiting was that the fire had burned through the carpet.""He has already replaced it with an iPhone 7"

Green reported that he had only ever used a wireless induction charger to recharge the device, and that it was about 80 percent charged when the fire occurred. The Verge noted that "Green's Note 7 is in the hands of the Louisville Fire Department's arson unit for investigation. He has already replaced it with an iPhone 7."

Samsung first responded to reports of fires related to its Galaxy phone batteries in early September, and was urged by Consumer Reports to perform an official recall.

It took another two weeks before Samsung announced an official recall with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, which asked American users to "immediately stop using and power down" the device and seek a replacement or refund. Samsung has issued recalls in other sales regions, including South Korea, but has attracted criticism for not recalling its dangerous product in China.

A report by the Wall Street Journal cited U.S. officials as saying that Samsung "appears to have exacerbated the situation in the way it has communicated with regulators and consumers," initially offering "conflicting information."

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
There is no smoke without fire. Pardon the pun.

Samsung is in deep shit. They should just cancel the Note 7 and move on to the Note 8. Or call it Note 720 or 777 whatever.

The consumer confidence in Samsung has fallen through the floor.

Google is launching their own phone. ( I would have bought it if my Samsung Note 2 hadn't already died) This is the start of the end for Samsung mobile.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iphone 6 series from 6, 6+, 6s, to 6s+ are still the best and most reliable. would recommend holding off on iphone 7 until battery issues similar to the note 7 go away or have a root cause found and fixed. it's ok to wait 1 year for product to stabilize before committing. afterall, your safety is at stake.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Note 7 ????

Under water sure won't explode :wink:

Water cooled the over heating
Water cut off Oxygen, no way to burn
Water extinguished any fire even if there was any

Are they testing it to check if it can also explode in water? That would be fun.

Think_PAP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gay Phones Exploded caught fire in flights MUCH MORE and for LONGER HISTORY than Samsung. E.g.:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-smartphone-passengers-scrambled-aisles.html

'I saw my life flash before my eyes tonight': Girl's iPhone catches fire on Alaska Airlines flight to Hawaii, with eight-inch flames erupting from the smartphone as passengers scrambled to the aisles

By Jessica Chia For Dailymail.com
21:21 GMT 19 Mar 2016, updated 00:20 GMT 20 Mar 2016
+4
Facebook
Twitter
SMS
WhatsApp
comments
Anna Crail was flying from Washington to Honolulu for spring break
She was watching a movie on Thursday night when iPhone6 caught on fire
It is unclear whether she was watching a movie on the phone or on the plane's screen
Flight carrying 163 passengers was still 90 minutes away from landing
Phone fell underneath a seat and flight attendants extinguished the fire
Wenatchee Valley College student thought the plane was going down, and said she saw her life flash before her eyes#
Alaska Airlines has not determined the cause; an investigation is ongoing
A young woman's iPhone burst into flames while she was on an Alaska Airlines flight from Washington to Hawaii.

Anna Crail, who was flying to Honolulu for her spring break vacation, was watching a movie on Thursday night when her smartphone suddenly caught on fire.

The phone fell underneath a seat and passengers scrambled to the aisles before flight attendants extinguished the fire.

Anna Crail was watching a movie on her Alaska Airlines flight from Washington to Hawaii on Thursday night when her iPhone suddenly caught on fire
Anna Crail was watching a movie on her Alaska Airlines flight from Washington to Hawaii on Thursday night when her iPhone suddenly caught on fire
Crail (pictured) initially thought the plane was going down +4
Crail (pictured) initially thought the plane was going down

She wrote on Twitter: 'Legit saw my life flash before my eyes tonight when my phone burst into flames midflight and caught the plane on fire' +4
She wrote on Twitter: 'Legit saw my life flash before my eyes tonight when my phone burst into flames midflight and caught the plane on fire'
When the iPhone 6 broke out in flames, the airplane, which was carrying 163 passengers, was still 90 minutes away from landing.

Crail, who initially thought the plane was going down, wrote on Twitter: 'Legit saw my life flash before my eyes tonight when my phone burst into flames midflight and caught the plane on fire.'

The Wenatchee Valley College student told KOMO-TV: 'All of the sudden there was like 8-inch flames coming out of my phone.

'And I flipped it off onto the ground and it got under someone's seat, and the flames were just getting higher and a bunch of people stood up.'

It is unclear whether Crail had been watching a movie on her phone, or enjoying the airplane's in-flight entertainment.

Share this article
Facebook
Twitter
SMS
WhatsApp
RELATED ARTICLES
Revealed: Russia jet crash pilot was on his last flight before starting a new life in Ireland with his pregnant wife... and IGNORED warnings over deadly turbulence
'Is the weather better?' The last words of the doomed pilot of the FlyDubai flight which crashed in Russia killing 62 people
While hoverboards have been banned from planes due to their highly flammable lithium batteries, an aviation expert told KOMO it is improbable that smartphones will be prohibited anytime soon.

An Alaska Airlines spokesman said their staff members are well-trained to respond to emergency incidents.

No one was injured and the flight continued on to its destination.

Alaska Airlines has not determined the cause of the fire, and the Federal Aviation Administration is conducting an investigation.

Alaska Airlines has not determined the cause of the fire, and the Federal Aviation Administration is conducting an investigation +4
Alaska Airlines has not determined the cause of the fire, and the Federal Aviation Administration is conducting an investigation
READ MORE
komonews.com/new...
Facebook
Twitter
rms
Privacy & cookiesHow to complain

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-second-recall-as-u-s-probes-burnt-smartphone

Samsung Could Face Second Recall as U.S. Probes Burnt Smartphone

Todd Shields

October 6, 2016 — 6:57 PM EDT

Samsung Electronics Co. could face an unusual second recall of its Note 7 smartphones if one that caught fire aboard an airliner this week is a replacement device as its owner says, two former U.S. safety officials said.

The Federal Aviation Administration and the Consumer Product Safety Commission are investigating Wednesday’s incident, when a passenger’s phone emitted smoke on a Southwest Airlines Co. plane readying for departure from Louisville, Kentucky. A flight attendant doused it with a fire extinguisher, and the plane was evacuated without injury.

“If it’s the fixed phone and it started to smoke in his pocket, I’m going to guess there’ll be another recall,” said Pamela Gilbert, a former executive director of the consumer agency. “That just doesn’t sound right.”

Samsung has been engulfed in crisis since the Note 7 smartphones began to burst into flames just days after hitting the market in August. The Suwon, South Korea-based company announced last month that it would replace all 2.5 million phones sold globally at that point. Samsung said it had uncovered the cause of the battery fires and that it was certain new phones wouldn’t have the same flaws.
China Incident

The U.S. safety commission could decide as early as next week on what steps to take, said Gilbert, a partner in Cuneo Gilbert & LaDuca, LLP in Washington. “This is not something you want to leave hanging out there,” she said.

Nancy Nord, a former acting chairwoman of the safety commission, said a second recall doesn’t happen very often.

“Certainly they could do another recall, if it appears this is something beyond an aberration," she said.

“They need to determine if this was a remediated phone, and if so why did this happen?" said Nord, who is of counsel at Olsson Frank Weeda Terman Matz PC in Washington.

CPSC spokesman Scott Wolfson declined to comment on what action may be taken.

Bloomberg News last week interviewed a customer in China who said his new Note 7 had exploded less than 24 hours after it was delivered. The company said it was investigating the incident.

The owner of the phone involved in Wednesday’s incident told investigators it was a replacement Note 7, said Captain Kevin Fletcher of the Louisville Metro Arson Squad.
Arson Squad

“Due to the damage to the phone itself, we have not been able to physically confirm that yet,” Fletcher said during an interview. “We’re in the process of trying to attempt that.”

Samsung and U.S. officials announced the recall after 92 reports of batteries overheating in the U.S., with 26 cases involving burns.

Samsung, FAA and Consumer Product Safety Commission representatives were in Louisville and working with arson investigators, Fletcher said. The phone remains in the possession of the arson squad, which is trying to schedule laboratory tests on the phone. It hasn’t been determined where or when those tests will occur, Fletcher said.

There was “extensive heat damage” to the phone and the plane’s carpet, he said.

Brian Green, the phone’s owner, told WAVE television news in Louisville that he got a replacement phone at a retail store after receiving an e-mail about the recall. “It was a good phone, by all indications, from all the information Samsung provided,” Green said. “But it just had its issues."
Billowing Smoke

On the plane, he turned the phone off and put it in his pocket. The device made a popping sound and sent “smoke just billowing out of my clothes,” Green said. He dropped it to avoid getting hurt.

Samsung said in a statement Wednesday that it couldn’t confirm that the incident involved the new phone but would have more information after examining the device. The company didn’t offer an update Thursday and a spokeswoman had no immediate reply to a request for comment on the possibility of another recall.

The CPSC and Samsung have a range of options, from a broad new recall if systemic flaws are discovered in the replacement devices to no action if they don’t find any broader safety issues.

While the safety agency has legal authority to order recalls, that requires court action and could take months. Instead, it almost always operates in collaboration with companies, as it did with Samsung.
Apple Competitor

Samsung had raced to complete the introduction of the Note 7 before Apple Inc. could unveil its new iPhone 7. The Note 7 features a larger battery that can store more power than its predecessor.

A battery supplier made the power packs slightly too large for the phone’s compartment, the consumer safety commission said when announcing the recall Sept. 15. As a result, the battery components were sometimes pinched, which could cause a short circuit, according to the agency.

Rechargeable lithium-ion cells like those in the Samsung phones are made with highly flammable chemicals. When they fail, they can generate intense heat or sparks that can ignite those chemicals.

The United Nations International Civil Aviation Organization earlier this year banned bulk shipments of lithium-ion cells from passenger flights after tests showed that they could violently explode even after being doused with fire extinguishers.

Three cargo aircraft have been destroyed in fires linked to lithium battery shipments since 2006.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Samsung is fucking screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note 7 is the downfall of Samsung!!!!

Samsung is already facing competition from the cheaper chinese handphone companies. Now even google is competing with their new Google Pixel XL handphone.

They've handled this problem badly & alienated many in the Chinese market. Even the customers in the US are going to think twice or thrice before buying a Samsung product.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are MERMAIDS their targeted market?
Who the fuck uses mobile phone while in water, to take a selfie of themselves drowning??

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are MERMAIDS their targeted market?
Who the fuck uses mobile phone while in water, to take a selfie of themselves drowning??

it is to enable you to dig your phone out of the shithole and still be able to catch jynx with a berry and a poke ball.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
iphone 6 series from 6, 6+, 6s, to 6s+ are still the best and most reliable. would recommend holding off on iphone 7 until battery issues similar to the note 7 go away or have a root cause found and fixed. it's ok to wait 1 year for product to stabilize before committing. afterall, your safety is at stake.

What about the touch disease issue?

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/29/s...disease-may-soon-have-a-class-action-lawsuit/

My iPhone 5 is getting rather long in the tooth but I don't want anything any bigger. What about the iPhone SE?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-...h-sales-may-not-hamper-its-long-term-success/

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about the touch disease issue?

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/29/s...disease-may-soon-have-a-class-action-lawsuit/

My iPhone 5 is getting rather long in the tooth but I don't want anything any bigger. What about the iPhone SE?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-...h-sales-may-not-hamper-its-long-term-success/

the iphone se is great! much better than the 5s as it has improved hardware. i've seen many sweet ladies with small hands switching out their 6 and 6+ to the se. especially latinas with busty breasts and very visible cleavage. the se fits nicely between boobs. :biggrin:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is to enable you to dig your phone out of the shithole and still be able to catch jynx with a berry and a poke ball.

I don't get how people can drop their phones into the toilet bowl either.
Were they taking a selfie or taking a sneak shot of the user next stall?