• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Serious Some Facts about Joseph Schooling, you decide for yourself

Leckmichamarsch

His mum has already questioned why Singapore should get all the glory given that Singapore did not groomed him and decides to groom FT instead.

same reasons why LHL brings in shipload of f trashes; gives them jobs while true blue sgians drive taxi or remain jobless or under employed

this is a govt for f trashes n new shitizens ... period

I defer with this statement, bro.

Being proud of someone's achievement is different from sharing (or stealing) his limelight. I am proud of a Sinkie achieving the pinnacle of his efforts, more so when the country instead of supporting a citizen, created barriers to trip him.

I will stand by the road side and wave to him when he pass by. Though I did not contributed a single cent to his efforts as each of us went about our daily survival, I am proud of his achievement but being proud as a citizen and waving to him from roadside in no way am I even share his thunder.

I am not saying that what the kid did was nothing short of amazing. I can't even fathom the dedication, sacrifice and pain he went thru to win the gold. That is an amazing achievement. He should be applauded not as a singaporean who won a gold medal, but as a singaporean who stood up to the PAP and the SAF and said fuck you to them when they wanted to cripple his career by making him do NS. what he did was defy the authorities and he did things his way. He told the PAP that it was he and his family that knows what is best for him not the govt. For me, that is more important then even winning the gold. I hope that he will inspire many other sinkies to defy the PAP and not go quietly into the night when asked to do so. For this I would applaud him too. But not applaud him because he happened to be born a sinkie.

can amos yee share the rostrum with joe since they seems to have more than smthg in common?

or at least the same cell

Congratulations to Joseph Schooling on winning the Olympics Gold Medal for the 100m Butterfly. Excellent swim. He swam under the Singapore banner so congrats to Singapore as well.

Now the usual average man on the street Sinkie will be very happy and be proud of Singapore. They will also drool over the 750k reward payment from the Singapore government. Schooling won fair and square (hopefully he wasn't doping). He deserves his success.

Somehow I don't understand Sinkies. Lose they bash their fellow countryman. Win they also begrudge them. I keep reading people saying how much Schooling should be paid eg 2 million as opposed to what PAP ministers earn blah blah. Always about money for stupid sinkies. Jealous. Small minded. Kiasu. Kiasee. Call it what you want. Celebrate success and be happy! Winning Olympic gold shouldn't be about money. I don't hear anything about how much Penny Oleksiak should be paid by the Canadian government.

And really, so what if the PAP did not "support" Schooling in his swimming development? He still swam under the Singapore banner. And he is born in Singapore. Give him a break will ya?

Oh well I guess this is how it is with Singaporeans. You can never win.

The Canadians have a positive attitude, by using the example and experience of Penny Olesiak, to encourage more corporations and entities to sponsor talented young swimmers and athletes.

Ed Chigliak

same reasons why LHL brings in shipload of f trashes; gives them jobs while true blue sgians drive taxi or remain jobless or under employed

Singaporeans have a long history of it's love affair with cars. This is:

* Be it gloating if they drive it
* Be it being extremely jealous when someone else own it (especially if a mat/hijab wearing minah owns it outright)
* Be it vengeful when they use a sharp tool to scratch their neighbour’s car
* Or flaunting their “status” with their expensive bank loaned cars but eat peanut butter/jam toast for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

If I was a Recruitment Consultant and my client requires a driver, I would list down these key skillsets:

1. Able to drive car
2. Enjoy sitting in a sedantary position for long hours (eg. In front of computer, reading SBF posts)
3. Able to curse and swear (eg. at PAP and your miserable life)
4. Able to provide expert and critical analysis on race (eg. knn..guess what race har?), politics (eg PAP politicians), human anatomy (eg. you got chichis?) and sports (eg. Schooling ..no need to elaborate there)

Now considering these skillsets, it is a no brainer as to who meets those criteria. You can now rest easy knowing why true blue Singaporeans land up as taxi drivers.

EC

Every responsible government should and must protect the jobs for its citizens by ensuring that foreigners and permanent residents are only interviewed and hired where citizens are either not interested or not able, qualified and competent for those positions.

I am not saying that what the kid did was nothing short of amazing. I can't even fathom the dedication, sacrifice and pain he went thru to win the gold. That is an amazing achievement. He should be applauded not as a singaporean who won a gold medal, but as a singaporean who stood up to the PAP and the SAF and said fuck you to them when they wanted to cripple his career by making him do NS. what he did was defy the authorities and he did things his way. He told the PAP that it was he and his family that knows what is best for him not the govt. For me, that is more important then even winning the gold. I hope that he will inspire many other sinkies to defy the PAP and not go quietly into the night when asked to do so. For this I would applaud him too. But not applaud him because happened to be born a sinkie.

I agree.
Singaporeans may wish to learn from this, that they can stand up against all the odds and obstacles imposed by the government.
The more Singaporeans follow and act like Schooling, the better the Singaporeans and future Singapore will be.

rover2sg

I think it has to be said that as a nation, a people, a country, a govt., and as individuals, we did almost nothing to help Schooling get to the gold medal. We did not finance him, did not support him, the PAP choose not to groom and encourage this guy. Very little of our money when to training him, and providing him the necessary support, compared to the millions we lavish on 3rd class atheletes from China and elsewhere. Not only did we not support him, we almost killed his career by making him do NS. When I say we, I mean the 70% of the morons that supported and elected the PAP. If his mother May did not fight MINDEF to get his deferment, he might still be in the SAF now doing NS. There was no mass petition from singaporeans calling for his deferment. there was no mass calling of the MPs to support him. There was no media support for him, and certainly no support from the Singapore National Olympics Committeefor his deferment. Instead, 2 angmos (one was his swim coach in U of T, Gregg Troy) and the other a technical director, Bill Swetenham of SSC, wrote in their support to ask for his deferment. Not one PAP asshole or Notable sinkie stood up for this boy.

But now that he won the Gold, everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and be proud of him. I say that you don't have that right. Singaporeans have not earned the right to claim the limelight with him. Where were they went he needed them? Sinkies are really pathetic hypocrites. Although I am born and raised in singapore, I am ashamed of our treatment of this boy, and I certainly cannot rejoice without a hint of embarassment that we as a people almost kill this great moment.

Don't be so hard. One-third Tony went all the way there to "support" him and then got a bit of limelight some more. Good thing Tony's son Patrick Tan showed the way to get out of NS. Otherwise how could we get the gold? :biggrin:

Singaporeans have a long history of it's love affair with cars. This is:

* Be it gloating if they drive it
* Be it being extremely jealous when someone else own it (especially if a mat/hijab wearing minah owns it outright)
* Be it vengeful when they use a sharp tool to scratch their neighbour’s car
* Or flaunting their “status” with their expensive bank loaned cars but eat peanut butter/jam toast for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

If I was a Recruitment Consultant and my client requires a driver, I would list down these key skillsets:

1. Able to drive car
2. Enjoy sitting in a sedantary position for long hours (eg. In front of computer, reading SBF posts)
3. Able to curse and swear (eg. at PAP and your miserable life)
4. Able to provide expert and critical analysis on race (eg. knn..guess what race har?), politics (eg PAP politicians), human anatomy (eg. you got chichis?) and sports (eg. Schooling ..no need to elaborate there)

Now considering these skillsets, it is a no brainer as to who meets those criteria. You can now rest easy knowing why true blue Singaporeans land up as taxi drivers.

EC
Bro what to do ? This is the end result of the pap government .
When you happen to ads for this post, you will realise even I want also can't get it !!!

bodycells

Congratulations to Joseph Schooling on winning the Olympics Gold Medal for the 100m Butterfly. Excellent swim. He swam under the Singapore banner so congrats to Singapore as well.

Now the usual average man on the street Sinkie will be very happy and be proud of Singapore. They will also drool over the 750k reward payment from the Singapore government. Schooling won fair and square (hopefully he wasn't doping). He deserves his success.

Somehow I don't understand Sinkies. Lose they bash their fellow countryman. Win they also begrudge them. I keep reading people saying how much Schooling should be paid eg 2 million as opposed to what PAP ministers earn blah blah. Always about money for stupid sinkies. Jealous. Small minded. Kiasu. Kiasee. Call it what you want. Celebrate success and be happy! Winning Olympic gold shouldn't be about money. I don't hear anything about how much Penny Oleksiak should be paid by the Canadian government.

And really, so what if the PAP did not "support" Schooling in his swimming development? He still swam under the Singapore banner. And he is born in Singapore. Give him a break will ya?

Oh well I guess this is how it is with Singaporeans. You can never win.

Well, the problem is PAP is trying to get to schooling's spotlight and act as though they are the one who supported him..

This is what people are u happy about.. The hypocrisy of the PAP.

The Chinese & Japanese have.managed to win some Swimming Olympic medals, so race has nothing to do with it.

The fact that Sporeans have done badly in sports is the culture in Spore. Look at who are the millionaires & billionaires are, those in the PAP gov't & their cronies.

Athletes are treated poorly by the Spore gov't. Look at Tan Howe Lian the Olympic silver medalist. Look at other past Athletes e.g Heather Marican, Chee Swee Lee, ...they have left Spore to find a better life.

So I predict that it is only a matter of time before Schooling leaves Spore.
Thats only because the blacks have not gone into swimming. Look what happened when the played golf and do womens gymnastics.

bodycells

I am not saying that what the kid did was nothing short of amazing. I can't even fathom the dedication, sacrifice and pain he went thru to win the gold. That is an amazing achievement. He should be applauded not as a singaporean who won a gold medal, but as a singaporean who stood up to the PAP and the SAF and said fuck you to them when they wanted to cripple his career by making him do NS. what he did was defy the authorities and he did things his way. He told the PAP that it was he and his family that knows what is best for him not the govt. For me, that is more important then even winning the gold. I hope that he will inspire many other sinkies to defy the PAP and not go quietly into the night when asked to do so. For this I would applaud him too. But not applaud him because happened to be born a sinkie.

we have the same mindset. it is the fuck you to PAP which makes me respect him and his family.

If Schooling were to swim into 4th position u tink tis Fuck Govt wud have congratulted him, even to qualify for the finals there were no encouragement frm em. PAP noes they have let their own Citizen dwn, now no choice and wayang cos the whole of Shittypore expect em to do the right thng, support local talents and do away with their PRC shits.

Another thread from our fucktard Papsmearer!!

When FT educated and trained in Singapore wins for Singapore, he KPKB.

When a true blooded Singaporean not educated and trained in Singapore, but win for Singapore, he KPKB.

the Olympic glory is a silly obsession, especially by the PAP government. what's the point ? it doesn't change the lives of miserable and oppressed Sinkies at all.

bodycells

the Olympic glory is a silly obsession, especially by the PAP government. what's the point ? it doesn't change the lives of miserable and oppressed Sinkies at all.

i am certain that it does not change your life too, why do you bother?

bro, 2015 was Singaporeans best chance to downsized PAP 'A' team to 50-50 but it did not happen.

If it did happened Singaporeans will enjoy the 'double' glories of Singapore history beating PAP and wining gold in Olympic.

Sian.

Don't be so hard. One-third Tony went all the way there to "support" him and then got a bit of limelight some more. Good thing Tony's son Patrick Tan showed the way to get out of NS. Otherwise how could we get the gold? :biggrin:

Tony Tan's showed that you have to be the son of someone important to siam NS. That method is only applicable to the lucky sperm club. Schooling's method is more encompassing.