• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Some Facts about Joseph Schooling, you decide for yourself

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many might want Schooling to emigrate and give the pappies tight slap.
But sorry to spoil the party. Even if schooling goes and the US wants him for their swim team.
It will take at least 3 years after he becomes a US citizen.....that's because he has represented another country before internationally. That's as per fina rules. 3 years is a lifetime in competitive swimming.

he can become a swim coach in USA and stay in USA.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he can become a swim coach in USA and stay in USA.

Angmo not like Sg suka suka ride on fame and open swim school like Taoli.
Need to go back to school, professional certification etc etc.
If course it's possible but I think they only thing on schooling's mind now is just to keep swimming and competing.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmo not like Sg suka suka ride on fame and open swim school like Taoli.
Need to go back to school, professional certification etc etc.
If course it's possible but I think they only thing on schooling's mind now is just to keep swimming and competing.

Oh yes, you got to go through that "proper" channel there in order to be a professional in any field. It is pretty stupid i think but it's the rule there.

obviously, he will be offered a green card or easy to get one.

The next thing i look forward to is for Schooling to break the world record in his butterfly event. It is very possible.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh yes, you got to go through that "proper" channel there in order to be a professional in any field. It is pretty stupid i think but it's the rule there.

obviously, he will be offered a green card or easy to get one.

The next thing i look forward to is for Schooling to break the world record in his butterfly event. It is very possible.

He's only 21 he still got a lot of years ahead of him

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schooling has already broken the 'world record'. His time of 50.39s ranks as the 5th fastest of all time, but the 4 fastest times were clocked using the illegal wetsuit. So Schooling officially stands as the fastest 100m fly swimmer of all time in a regulation suit, faster than even Phelps.

Now that Phelps and Laszlo Cseh are retired, and Le Clos is past his prime, the only person who can catch Schooling in the next 2 Olympics is the 17-year-old Chinese wunderkind Li Zhuhao, whose 5th place timing of 51.26s is more than a second faster than Schooling's at the same age (52.67s at SEA Games 2013).

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Schooling has already broken the 'world record'. His time of 50.39s ranks as the 5th fastest of all time, but the 4 fastest times were clocked using the illegal wetsuit. So Schooling officially stands as the fastest 100m fly swimmer of all time in a regulation suit, faster than even Phelps.

Now that Phelps and Laszlo Cseh are retired, and Le Clos is past his prime, the only person who can catch Schooling in the next 2 Olympics is the 17-year-old Chinese wunderkind Li Zhuhao, whose 5th place timing of 51.26s is more than a second faster than Schooling's at the same age (52.67s at SEA Games 2013).

Unfortunately, the official records still don't differentiate between types of suits. :biggrin: